Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options

Natalie ~ Do you kind if I ask why you feel you need to snack in the evening? Are you feeling hungry or is it more of a habit or what we call comfort eating? We all know that feeling and I think you are doing exactly the right thing by getting some fruit and salad bites. I keep bowls of grapes, apricots and other fruit dotted around the house to pick at if I'm tempted. I admit it doesn't always work but certainly more often than not keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Jackie

I am hungry abotu 9 after dinner, we eat late, but we go to bed late... and I need something to get me thru the night.
    I think the fruit is a good idea... or perhaps some nuts...a piece of string cheese...
    I did my bike 30 min outside again today, wasn't going to, but DH dragged me out there.
    Tonight we are playing bridge at our house, and I have fruit (strawberries) for dessert.. with some whipped cremem (the can that you shake)..
    Natalie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Where is buzz?????????????????

Connie, Leigh bump feb. thread so she needs a link to April. She has a good story to tell.Seems like I have her about it But not enought positive stuff up to now.

Marie
  • grabbit97
    Options
    I would be very interested to know about what Leigh says, did she use DROPS or SHOTS? Interested to find out.
    natalie
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - finally got here.
    I would be happy to answer anyone's questions about HCG - at least as far as my knowledge goes.
    What I will say is that I live alone, with dogs and horses to care for, and a home with barn (chores!)
    Before starting this diet I read lots about it. Especially "Pounds and Inches" by the physician who developed it,
    Dr. Simeons And talked with several people who have been on it, by themselves and through physicians.
    I dieted, tracking on this site for 6 weeks, weighing every day to watch my ups and downs.... stayed very strictly on a
    1200 cal diet and lost about 3 lbs - not bad, (1/2 lb a week) but I wanted it off faster, easier....right now!.
    So I decided to try HCG, first ordering "real" drops from a online source (did have hcg in it - I tested it on a pregnancy strip and
    it tested positive) but the cost was up there ($199.00) not as much as a physician charges ($800 - 2000 for a month!) You can purchase it through a Canadian pharmacy for about $20.00 a month.
    The first week was a little rough, some mild headaches, cravings......nothing unexpected. By the second week the headaches were gone and so were the cravings.....and I was actually eating much better than I had in a long time (no fats or sugars)
    And the weight melted off...they say women will average about 1/2 lb a day. In the first 30 days I lost 21 pounds. And that was with different cheats, cause I was "testing" myself and the diet. I wanted to have some evidence that it did or did not work, because I was planning on introducing it to my daughter who needs to lose about 60 pounds.
    She did start on it and lost over 10 pounds the first week!
    I feel great and plan on starting again as soon as my stabilazation phase is complete to hopefully reach my goal weight.
    And just as a side effect my blood pressure decreased from about 132/84 to 119/70......
    Let me know if I can answer any more questions

Leigh
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes leigh, How can we find a canada pharmacy that we can be sure of getting the real stuff.>
    Thanks for coming on here and telling us about this. One of other members was on it and really lost good.
    marie:heart:
  • jstalittlecrzy
    Options
    I ordered from www.pharmacyescrow.com
    you have to start an account and since it is a prescription you pay an extra $5 for one of their
    physicians to look over and approve your purchase. It is shipped from China and goes through
    customs, takes about 18-22 days to recieve it.
    There is another online site that is dedicated to HCG users, has threads for lots of answers to all your
    questions, and active forums for support. www.hcgdietinfo.com
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: Now that I've read all the posts for the last few days, I'm too tired to write anything:laugh: :yawn:

:bigsmile: this has been a great visit and we've managed to walk over 10,000 steps every day:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: over 18,000 today :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: last night I got together with a group of women I haven't seen in two or more years:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: several commented on my new shorter hair style and only one mentioned that she hardly recognized me because I'd lost so much weight......the hostess served chocolate chip cookies made by her husband and a bakery cake with whipped cream to celebrate the 90th birthday of one of the group and I said "no, thank you" to all the goodies:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I've learned that it is not good for me to eat food I don't want just to avoid the appearance of hurting the hostess's feelings.

:bigsmile: tonght we had dinner at Oriental Buffet with DIL and grandkids ages 5 and 14.....I may have eaten too much but avoided the fried, breaded, and sweet foods and ate no rice or noodles, then Jake and I went for the third walk of the day

:flowerforyou: tomorrow I'll go to lunch and a movie with two friends and then a walk and healthy homemade dinner with another :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: now it's time for bed:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • grabbit97
    Options
    I would be happy to answer anyone's questions about HCG - at least as far as my knowledge goes.
    What I will say is that I live alone, with dogs and horses to care for, and a home with barn (chores!)
    Before starting this diet I read lots about it. Especially "Pounds and Inches" by the physician who developed it,
    Dr. Simeons And talked with several people who have been on it, by themselves and through physicians.
    I dieted, tracking on this site for 6 weeks, weighing every day to watch my ups and downs.... stayed very strictly on a
    1200 cal diet and lost about 3 lbs - not bad, (1/2 lb a week) but I wanted it off faster, easier....right now!.
    So I decided to try HCG, first ordering "real" drops from a online source (did have hcg in it - I tested it on a pregnancy strip and
    it tested positive) but the cost was up there ($199.00) not as much as a physician charges ($800 - 2000 for a month!) You can purchase it through a Canadian pharmacy for about $20.00 a month.
    The first week was a little rough, some mild headaches, cravings......nothing unexpected. By the second week the headaches were gone and so were the cravings.....and I was actually eating much better than I had in a long time (no fats or sugars)
    And the weight melted off...they say women will average about 1/2 lb a day. In the first 30 days I lost 21 pounds. And that was with different cheats, cause I was "testing" myself and the diet. I wanted to have some evidence that it did or did not work, because I was planning on introducing it to my daughter who needs to lose about 60 pounds.
    I feel great and plan on starting again as soon as my stabilazation phase is complete to hopefully reach my goal weight.
    And just as a side effect my blood pressure decreased from about 132/84 to 119/70......

Leigh

:LEIGH,
    Did you do the DROPS or the SHOTS? Is there a place where you can get the DROPS that are the real thing?
    natalie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just letting you know all's well, but I've been on a loop of flying time! It's now 1:34 AM and my head is drooping , but eventually my days will calm down and I will try to catch up! That HCG sounds intriguing, though I would never use it for myself. My facial skin would hang around my belly with such a quick weight loss. But I'll try to learn more since my DS must lose over 100 pounds, before he has a heart attack, and he needs something to give him a head start! He developed diabetes, and is finally willing to DO something about it! Never easy to lose, is it? For myself, though, I think 1/2 pound a week is the healthiest way to go, even it it takes longer.

Glad to hear MADDIE is doing better. And everyone else, the job of catching up with all the missed posts seems overwhelming, and I haven't met so many new friends on our thread!

Be back by the end of the week, I hope! Oh, I had a bone density test today, and from 5' 6", I'm ending up a midget! They claim I'm now 5' 2.5" ....I certainly don't feel that way, but my pants are too long!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    :love: Buzz
  • jstalittlecrzy
    Options

Leigh

Did you do the DROPS or the SHOTS? Is there a place where you can get the DROPS that are the real thing?
    natalie

www.hcgbodyshaper.com
    but they are expensive - $199.00
    you can buy from canadian pharmacy and mix yourself
    its easy - you need double amount when doing drops because it
    does not absorb as well - you need to take drops 2X day
    no eating or drinking anything 1/2 hour before or after
    taking the drops. You can buy homeopathic drops in some
    health food stores and online, but personally I go for the real stuff.
    PM me if you want more info on the drops or in general
  • jstalittlecrzy
    Options

Leigh

natalie

www.hcgbodyshaper.com
    but they are expensive - $199.00
    you can buy from canadian pharmacy and mix yourself
    its easy - you need double amount when doing drops because it
    does not absorb as well - you need to take drops 2X day
    no eating or drinking anything 1/2 hour before or after
    taking the drops. You can buy homeopathic drops in some
    health food stores and online, but personally I go for the real stuff.
    PM me if you want more info on the drops or in general
    [/quote

P.S. I started with the drops switched to the sq shots
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sad news Sneakers.
    f
    Barbs lost her beloved Bradlay to Kidney failure. She is just pretty upset. I feel so sorry for her. I know what she is going thru for we lost our sweet Angel to Kidney failure a couple years ago.. Please send her a PM to help cheer her up. She said she has not read any of the post in several months.
    Marrie
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    LYN54
    what happened? We are worried about you. When we come to care for someone, it is cruelty itself to leave without a word.
    these are the kindest, most caring people ive ever known, never a 'ulterior' motive among them. That includes you, Lynn.
    So I am baffled by your action. Please help me to understand.
    we love you

Phoebe, Lyn54 (Lynn) has deactivated her MFP account so will not see or read your message. I've gone through pages of posts and emails trying to find a clue as to why she has chosen to do that, and I can find nothing that would indicate she was unhappy with participating here. Life is full of surprises and perhaps her circumstances have changed. I know her mother was quite ill, I know their internet service was on again/off again, and computers do take a nose dive sometimes.

I did some additional checking and found a new account for a Lynn54 (two n's) and sent a message asking if she and Lyn54 were one and the same. So far I haven't gotten a response.

Many of us have exchanged regular e-mail addresses, or have also hooked up on Facebook. It serves as a backup of sorts.

As you all know, I do keep a posters list. If anyone would like to add an email address to the information on that list, message me and I will add it. You can either do it here by clicking on my user name and then sending a message, or by emailing me at 2schachels@live.com.

Connie

PS: It's weigh in day for the Fitness Challenge. I'll let you know how it goes. This challenge ends on April 30 wtih a 5K run. I'll be glad the challenge is over and don't have an expectations of winning any prizes but it has been fun and I've gotten to try new things (yoga, zumba, kick boxing, etc.) for free. Free is always fun.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Sad news Sneakers.
    f
    Barbs lost her beloved Bradley to Kidney failure. She is just pretty upset. I feel so sorry for her. I know what she is going thru for we lost our sweet Angel to Kidney failure a couple years ago.. Please send her a PM to help cheer her up. She said she has not read any of the post in several months.
    Marrie

This is just so sad, I can imagine how devastated Barb is, losing a pet is so hard. My prayers will be with Barb and hope she remembers all the good times she had with Bradley and what a great life she gave him. :cry: :cry: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Thx Marie, for letting us know. For the newer sneakers, Barb is weaklink109. She has not posted in a while, we thought she was busy, as she has been very busy lately.

I want to apologize. I called HCG a fad diet. I may not approve of it, but it doesnt mean it is not a legitimate method.
    I have a question too. If you only eat 500 calories, do you need to take the hcg stuff? Wouldnt you still lose the weight on that low a daily intake?
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Because Barb's news is so sad and brings back all kind of memories I am posting this poem for anyone who has lost a pet. :brokenheart:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneaker Ladies:

First I want to say to Barb I am sorry for your loss.

I am still trying to catch up on all the posts and the new people on this thread.

I am not feeling great today with a sinus infection and losing my voice today.
    Started on some Buckley's so I hope it starts to break up soon.
    I am choosing exercise this week until I feel better.

On the subject of HCG, I live in Canada and have heard about the drops.
    Not a fan of fade dieting and really not a fan of anything coming from China these
    days so I would be careful. Thats only my opinion.

i will stick with this program because it is working for me. I am a WW lifetime member
    and went back and had no results but started counting calories and I am down close
    to 20 lbs. now. I am teetering a little right now but just have to get more disciplined on
    saying no to treats. Other than that I am doing pretty good. I have also been motivated
    to exercise everyday on this program because I see what other people are doing and
    their results. I have health issues too but quick weight loss is never good.

There I had my say on this, I hope no one is offended, but I know we can give our
    opionions here.

Have wonderful day ladies.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie it is my understanding that you can read the post on this forum without being a member. So she maybe able to read this.
    If so.::

Lynn I missed you so much.Feel it in you heart to come back,. Forgivness is a big word. We all make some big mistakes If you ever feel like you want to come back you will be welcome with open arms and plenty of love
    I luv you:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Phoebe thanks for giving Barbs screen Name I forgot She said she has pictures of him on her profile page.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I want to apologize. I called HCG a fad diet. I may not approve of it, but it doesnt mean it is not a legitimate method.
    I have a question too. If you only eat 500 calories, do you need to take the hcg stuff? Wouldnt you still lose the weight on that low a daily intake?

Phoebe ~ If I only eat 500 calories a day my sugar levels would fall away and I'd be fainting left, right and centre and wouldn't have energy to exercise. I agree with you, if this drug comes from China I'd be very, very careful. I'd never presume to tell anyone what to do to lose weight, just take care because it's big business these days ~ as Abba sang "money, money, money"!! That's all I'll say on the subject.

Barbie ~ That's brilliant of you because it's so hard to say no to anyone offering food they think you'd love. Great determination, well done.:flowerforyou:

Jackie