Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Natalie, it sounds a bit extreme to me. 500 calories is nothing. I tend not to trust diets that are medicated, unless of course okayed by your doctor. I would stick to this, it works and is healthy.
    I will take a look though, out of curiosity.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Natalie, it sounds a bit extreme to me. 500 calories is nothing. I tend not to trust diets that are medicated, unless of course okayed by your doctor. I would stick to this, it works and is healthy.

Yes, take a look, seems that alot of folks have lost on it....
    ?
    natalie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    deb just look on my signature above the big red heart and you will find it listed Just click on it.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options

Yes, take a look, seems that alot of folks have lost on it....
    ?
    natalie

The trouble with extreme dieting is you just put back on what you originally take off as soon as you go back to what you consider normal easting. Yo-yo dieting is not healthy for body or soul!!! If you can stick with MFP it will mean a change in eating habits for life and you will hopefully discover you enjoy eating those healthy options.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank You Marie. Found it thanks to you!

Jackie: Yes I agree with you. I am trying to make lifestyle changes rather than diet and then put it all back on. I feel very contented on this diet after all the help I have had. I must admit at first I did'nt, but I think I was doing it all wrong. Just needed a tweaking here and there. I finally feel I am understanding nutrition more re salt, water, processed food etc.

Natalie: Stick with MFP, you can do it
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

One of my friends that goes to a Nail Professional for a manicure, got a manicure that suppose to last for about 3 to 4 weeks, the only draw back is the no too many choice of colors, well today I went had a manicure to see how long will last for me:noway: :noway: :noway: I always manicure my nails myself but the only reason I'm doing this is because we're going to be gone for a month at the end of May to Italy:happy: :happy: :happy: I'll tell more about it later:smile::smile: :smile: .

Donna - Welcome :love: :love: :love: we all have been looking for you, I know you're going to love this group

Phoebe - That video of the Cat & Dolphin was precious, was so cute and tender:love::love: :love:

Maddie - You're right about the Hospitals I had a horrible experience when my husband had a kidney removed a few years back, after the surgery everything was going well, the nurse came and give Mike a pain killer on his IB then she left, he told me is was going to take a nap and I went to read my book, well with just seconds I looked up and saw him looking stray to the celing and his color was gray and non-respondency, I called the nurse and with in minutes they were calling Code Blue after he was taking care of, the head nurse told me good thing you were here and saw what was happening to him you saved his life, I belive never to have anyone at a Hospital without a love one there, I sleep in a chair the whole time he was there :angry: :angry:

Natalie - you questioned no eating after 8:00PM that is what must Dr's recomend, but that doesn't mean is the right thing to do
    :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: hope you're getting some results.

Marie - So happy to hear things are going well with Jeri:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and a good report.

Barbie - happy trails so good to see you posting.

Irene - Prayers coming your way:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is doing well, I made to the gym again feels so good.

Gigi
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Natalie and Donna, welcome. I'm pretty new too and it is a great group.

We had fun today driving our sweet, now 6 yr old, granddaughter to kindergarten. Or I should say, picked her up from kindergaeten. She wanted her Mom to drive her and take the 3 wk old new baby girl for show and tell. Our dd obliged and one little boy said 'It was the best Show and Tell ever!!!!". LOL. Our dd registered the twins for next year at the same time. That will be fun for us too next fall. It is always great to have one on one time with the grands. But I guess in the case of the twins, it is more of a unit.

Good night all and have a great day tomorrow.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Natalie, HCG stands for Human chorionic gonadotropin. It interacts with the LHCG receptor and promotes the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy, causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus.

Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance. For example, hCG-treated endometrial cells induce an increase in T cell apoptosis (dissolution of T-cells). These results suggest that hCG may be a link in the development of peritrophoblastic immune tolerance, and may facilitate the trophoblast invasion, which is known to expedite fetal development in the endometrium. It has also been suggested that hCG levels are linked to the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women.

Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from pregnant women to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment.

Now, decide for yourself if you want to put this stuff on your tongue every day. Frankly, you could put a drop of water on your tongue and eat 500 calories a day and you will loose weight. The problem is THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. You cannot live this way.

Talk to your doctor about it. With the problems you have, introducing an artificially produced hormone into your body doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Natalie, HCG stands for Human chorionic gonadotropin. It interacts with the LHCG receptor and promotes the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy, causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus.

Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance. For example, hCG-treated endometrial cells induce an increase in T cell apoptosis (dissolution of T-cells). These results suggest that hCG may be a link in the development of peritrophoblastic immune tolerance, and may facilitate the trophoblast invasion, which is known to expedite fetal development in the endometrium. It has also been suggested that hCG levels are linked to the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women.

Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from pregnant women to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment.

Now, decide for yourself if you want to put this stuff on your tongue every day. Frankly, you could put a drop of water on your tongue and eat 500 calories a day and you will loose weight. The problem is THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. You cannot live this way.

Talk to your doctor about it. With the problems you have, introducing an artificially produced hormone into your body doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

You know, I have read alot on the internet about this HCG, and alot of people have lost alot of weight, now, the DROPS, which is what you can buy at GNC, and on the internet, who knows if in fact they do contain this chemical?
    I don't think I am going to do this diet, based upon what you just typed above.... it sounds nasty....I am going to try and watch my SODIUM, and eat more PROTEIN, just got to keep the faith that one day I will lose weight.
    Natalie
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Lynn???
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :bigsmile: I started a post before picking up Bryanna but it got lost in cyberspace!!:explode: :explode: Have a busy day here and it is hard to catch up with everyone, but I will do my best. :ohwell: :ohwell:

First a big welcome to Natalie and Donna!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love this group and love the encouragement that is given and the laughter and fun each person offers. We all work our programs different but if you post your food, drink water, exercise and keep under your calories, I will guarantee success. :drinker: Barbie who is on a trip with her husband is one of the most successful people we have along with her husband Jake, Barb is another but she has been so busy we haven't heard much from her lately and then there is Jeffrey, but he also is MIA. We have people who want to lose a lot of weight, some who are in between and some of us who are very close to our goals. No matter what, we are here for each other so please stay with us and give us a try. :love: This is now a new way of life, a new life style and it will come natural some day even if there are some bumps in the road. :tongue:

Connie, I have never heard of the HCG, but I personally don't believe in any diet type of pill and that one sounds scary. Just watching what we eat and doing some exercise will work much better and more long term. My opinion only!! :wink: :wink:

Jeri, having twins for grand children must be wonderful. :heart: I have six grandchildren and wouldn't trade them for anything, each has their own personalities and I love them all.:love:

Gigi, if your friends are talking about the no chip manicure, that is what I have. I love it and it really works. I am going to take the polish off this week to let my nail breathe and to put my nail hardener on again to keep them strong. I did break two nails but that was my own fault. I am really jealous of your spending a month in Italy, that is one place I really want to visit. :glasses:

Deb, love the baby's picture what a sweetie!! Just look at those cheeks!!! :laugh:

Shirley, welcome back you have been missed. Looks like you are doing well with your weight, congratulations!! :flowerforyou:

Phoebe, are you home or on the road, I get so confused. :blushing: Good pun about thinking outside the box. :laugh:

Connie, thank you for updating the list, can you please send me a copy when you are done or at least post it so I can print it?
    With my memory I am lucky I know my own name. :laugh:

Maddie, glad you are going on the upswing and love your dancing lady, I notice she is drinking water, what a good girl!!
    Hope your mom is also getting better and you get to see each other soon. :happy:

Marie, you not only beat me, but most of the sneakers are probably in bed with my late post. Had a busy busy day and as a lot of you know my husband tripped on a pipe sticking out a lawn walking Daisy a couple of weeks ago and it has escalated to where he went for an ultra sound today and found out he has torn the main tendon on the top of his foot and will probably need surgery to repair it. We will be going to the doctor tomorrow to discuss it.:grumble:

It is late and I am tired and want to watch The Good Wife on my DVR. If I didn't mention your personally I apologize, my eyes are tired and my brain is worse. :noway:

Will be back in the morning!!

`
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...just a quick note to check in and say hi but I'm really tired tonight so I'm gonna call it a night early. I hope everyone had a great day and if not, tomorrow is another day as Scarlett would say. Keep up the Good Work!!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Judy, I havent heard from Lynn since she posted The Rose.

Natalie, sorry, but I dont think anyone here would support fad diets.
    I tried a plan that didnt work for me, but no one here gave me any grief about it, support is what we are here for. I think we all care enough to say what we feel is best for you, or not!
    Sandy, I didnt know about your husband, hope it isnt too painful. Wow, surgery, I guess that was a surprise. You sound kind of tired, hope you are fast asleep by now.
    Gigi, Italy sounds wonderful! John Grisham wrote a book, Playing For Pizza. It was set in Italy, and a good read to me. They do love to eat good food!
    Donna, thx for checking in with us, have a good night. Does Marie know your monicker stands for Calif. Harley Girl? She wants to call you Charley!
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone ~ I'm on the run so only checking in briefly. Just had this email forwarded. Apologies if it's been here before but made me smile.

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."

:laugh: :laugh: See you all later!

Jackie

PS For Lynn ~ Let us know you are alright Hun....:flowerforyou:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning Ladies:

I have trouble keeping all these sites straight. So I am back and this
    is probably where I belong since I just turned 62 last week. I will try and
    and catch up on all the news a little at a time. Just got back from
    Florida and the weather was beautiful in the 80's all week, only one day of rain.
    There was school break for Michigan and Indiana which we didn't know so the
    beach was very crowded.

Although today I woke up not feeling too well with I believe it is a sinus infection,
    coughing and throat. :sick: I am off work today which is good so I can just do what I
    want. I am starting to lose my voice and I am a receptionist at a law firm so that
    won't be good tomorrow when i return to answer the phone calls. :tongue:

Today it is raining in Canada and about 48 degrees. It did start to get warmer
    and then this cold air came back. Spring and finally sprung :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day today I will be catching up on ironing from the vacation.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoebe i like Donna much better for Cacharleygirl.

Pleas if anyone know anything about lyn please let us know. She is such a sweet person. Don't believe she would just shut us off without a word.. I am worryso abou t her. I do missed her.

I am offf to get my hair cut today. Boy does it needs it. If Jerry get home in time.

Sandy , poor Babe Sure hope he does not have to surgery. Daisy will sure miss her Walk. Sammy knows when it is time to go and bug Jerry to death untill he takes him and then bug me serveral times a day. Which is a good thing. But I have to wait till the postman and the kids get in school. And the trashman too. and hope the ups guy don't come by. He would loves to get them all.

Xyla You have had a rough time of it. With your husband How is he doing now a days? And Losing your family. Bless your heart.

Hey Jackie cute joke. Haven't heard it. Have a good day.

Judy that video was really nice you posted of FB How did you do it? Do you have Walmart over there? They are everwhere. We heard they have plans for 12 more in The Dallas area. As if we don't have enought we have at least 6 within 5 miles of us. one about a mile from us.

Jerry came in yesterday to show me something outside and told me to put my glasses on We have some baby blackberries . so cute.
    I am going to ride shotgun on them to keep the birds outta there Will get me some nylon net to put over them next year when they will start producing more of them.

Have a nice day and see you guys later
    Marie:heart:
  • weagle8183
    weagle8183 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sneakers!

Yes, I'm still here. Debz was so sweet to message me and check on me. I have been reading your posts everyday but I am so lost after reading everything that I don't know what to say so I don't say anything. I'm still trying to figure out who's who! I'm sure I will never be one to mention everyone in a post. Kudos to those of you who can. I used to be able to remember all those kinds of details so easily...but no more...this getting older business really....is for the birds!

I am hanging in there. Still not losing any weight. Working out like a crazy woman. But I am finding myself "cheating" a little more often over the last few days. Still not going over my calories but choosing not so healthy calories. My DH and I worked in the yard Sat., Sun and Mon. which for me is amazing. I don't like yard work. We planted some new pants and then spread mulch on Mon. Burned lots of calories!

Maddie- I hope you get answers and relief at the Dr today. Hope your Mom has a good day.

I hope everyone else has a blessed day!

Kathy
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    G'Mornin.....Feeling a little better. Still going to Dr. at noon, though. This is the worst! Spoke to Mom this morning and she's feeling a little better, too. She may come home over the weekend. I'm going to try to go see her later today with hubby.

It's still raining here......If the Bible didn't say that the God would never again destroy the world with water, I would be building an ark!! We all need some sun and warmth! :love:

So Jackie: That joke was funny. Of course, when I laugh, I cough, pee, and pssst...remember! It was worth it!! :blushing:

Sandy, Jeri: You know that I agree about the grandchildren......Mathew (6) spending weekend here. He won't be any trouble even if I'm not 100%. If I can breath, Nate may come a little tomorrow, not sure yet....MISS HIM :cry: My dancin lady was a little slow but she'll be back....soon, I hope!!

Judy: Love the new pic!

Buzz, Marie, Phoebe, Connie, Deb.....everybody! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I think we can still use a few more. I may not have all the names but I'm not forgetting anyone.....boogies take up a lot of room in your brain :laugh:

And last but not least....I posted a 2 lb loss. It's been there for a while but you know that we are all scared to take it. I'm taking it! I am eating but the medication has it so that nothing tastes good or soothes my stomach except for plain vanilla ice cream...I'm going to miss it......:brokenheart:

Maddie :drinker:

mz_4760923_bodyshot_300x400-11.gif
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    PS: I wanted to send a message to Lyn but it says that she deactivated her account??????

Maddie :cry:
  • weagle8183
    weagle8183 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add in my last post...do y'all know about this recipe site?

skinnytaste.com

I haven't tried any recipes from it yet but they look really good. She puts calories and other nutritional info with every recipe along with WW points.

Enjoy!
    Kathy