Senior Golden Sneakers -April 2011

Options

Replies

• gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone'

Another beautiful day in Central Illinois very warm a perfect day to work on the yard, got up early and went for a hair cut, then to the Gym great workout, got to see a lots of my friends a great days until I can home a read all the post:sad: :sad: :sad:

Deb - Getting a CCTV is a great idea, that will resolve your problem, sorry you and your family have to go thru this again:cry::cry: :cry:

Phoebe - Bananas are my favorite fruit and they're so good for you, you made my hungry with that Salmon Wrap:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: sounds delicious.

Sandy - I'm so sorry you and your husband are going thru this, here goes after a while he will be a master on crutches, and you can make him lots of meals so he can eat, about Daisy get one of the neighbors to walk her, I know everyone in the neighborhood has to love her, please don't change your plans things can be worked out and don't forget this is only one time.:heart::heart: :heart: and the memories will endless.

Barbie - Good job on keeping under control the desserts, have a great trip:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Buss- Something is wrong with that measuring tape, I know we loose inches but a MIDGET, I was laughing so hard my stomach hurts:noway: :noway: :noway:

Barb - we can imagine how devastated you're, losing Bradley, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time.:cry::cry: :cry: My prayer would be that each new day your sadness will be less replaced by the warm loving memories you have of Bradley.

Have a good day everyone

Gigi
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Re: meds from China

There are several manufactures of HCG - I just bought the ones that came from China. They are pharmaceutical quality,
    guaranteed by the Canadian Pharmacy for quality and potency. You would be amazed how many drugs are imported from China.
    And you can check what you get to make sure it is hcg by using a pregnancy test......

Everyone can and will lose weight if only taking in 500 calories a day. And I would never recommend that to anyone. The difference, when using HCG, and following the 500 cal diet, is the hcg opens up your fat reserves and releases up to 2000 calories of stored fat. The HCG does not make you lose weight - the low calorie diet does that. What the hcg does is prevent your body from going into "starvation mode" and depleating your muscles to supply the calories your not ingesting.

Three types of fat:
    1) structural fat - runs through muscle and other organs to help support and feed them (this is called marbleing in those great steaks you eat)
    2) the normal fat that supplies energy to you body, comes and goes on a daily basis (calories in(fat) - calories out)
    3) fat that your body stores, hoards, holds on to to protect itself from "starving" Common in abdomin, thighs, upper arms, ect.
    The hardest to lose and the last "fat" your body will release to nourish itself. This is the fat that HCG helps release.

This diet is not for everyone - you must be committed to the 24-30 days of the VLCD and the 6 weeks of stabilazation that follows. And I will not say it is easy. But it works and I feel great.

Sorry. I babbling again.............................
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    No Leigh, you arent bbabling! You been very helpful and patient with us. Thx for answering our questions.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Leigh. The information you've shared will be very helpful to anyone thinking of using HCG in their weight loss struggle. This morning at my weigh in (no loss, by the way), I spoke to one of the principals at the Nutrition center that is sponsoring our challenge. She said while she would never suggest HCG to anyone who had 20 to 30 pounds to use, they have found it very effective in jump starting some of their 300+ clients, getting them quickly to a weight where they could begin to integrate exercise into their lives. Just as Leigh has pointed out, this is a diet that is followed for a short and prescribed period of time. It is not a lifestyle change.

There are other products on the market who also affect the way the body handles food. One, Alli, is a watered down version of orlistat, a prescription drug used to treat obesity. Alli is meant to be used in conjunction with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and regular exercise. After a few years on the market, it seems Alli will help you loose weight, but only slightly faster. There are some concerns about orlistat causing liver damage but studies are not conclusive.

The bottom line with all of these "tools" including gastric bypass, and other surgeries is that without a change in the way we live, they will not be successful long term.

With that, I'm going to batten down the hatches. There is a line of strong storms developing in Southern Kansas and Eastern Oklahoma and it's headed in our direction. It's moving north east into the Ozarks and may be here before dark. Strong winds, heavy rain and large hail will come with it. We have three or four hours to get things secured, make sure the lanterns and flashlights are charged, get jugs filled with fresh water, move the outdoor furniture into the shed and hunker down to ride it out. it may turn out to be nothing more than a thunder storm but we never take chances.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneaker Ladies,

I had another busy day today. Work was non stop and then went to a Zumba class straight from work. It does'nt matter how tired I feel, Zumba always makes feel better!

Barb: So sorry for your loss. In time you will be able to remember all the good times with a smile.

Maddie: Did you get to see your mum today? Hope you are both feeling much better. :flowerforyou:

Maddie, Sandy & Buzz: Congratulations Losers:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Barbie: Sounds like you are having a wonderful time , you won't want to go home!:flowerforyou:

As for the HCG I do'nt think it would for me. This is the first time a 'diet' has'nt really seemed like a diet ( except for the absence of chocolate, of course). Whatever works for you!:smile:

Talking of chocolate, Easter will soon be with us and everywhere I turn is CHOCOLATE EASTER EGGS'! Heeeeelp:brokenheart: It is taking all of my willpower not to eat the eggs I have bought for the egg hunt:laugh: :laugh:

Hope everyone is feeling good, and the weekend is almost here . Our weather forecast is good, so I am looking forward to it very much.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to get April thread back on top. Just left a note on January with a link to get here
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    DEE: How is your DD? Has she gotten her results yet?
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi, just a quick hello to say I'm trying to read all the posts, but no time to post. Am fine but busy...:flowerforyou: to all
    Buzz

Connie, hope the storms go elsewhere!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    I have left most of my replies on the home page because with hubby having surgery tomorrow this day was busy. I went to my meeting and felt good when I left, they all encouraged me to go to the graduations which I think I will do. My hubby is still making me feel guilty about going even though he said I would be so sad if I missed them. Do you think he is trying to use reverse psychology?

If you didn't notice then I am bragging!!! I made my goal weight and I am so happy!!!:bigsmile: I think walking Daisy for 45 minutes to an hour every night is helping but I still would like to get some shred in there for toning. If not I am still happy with my results.
    I am going to set a new goal in a few days because my body fluctuates 2 pounds every day. So I would like to get down to 125 but would be happy with 127 so that when it fluctuates it is still under 130. Does that make sense to anyone besides me? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It probably took me a total of two years to lose this weight but I had so many cheat days and weight gains, but in the beginning I lost 10 pounds quickly and it stayed off. I prefer this way of losing weight but that is because it works for me. I am so conditioned to counting calories that no matter where I am at I either think about the calories or check the label. With all of you encouraging me and just being my friends you made it easy. I am not going anywhere, I am still sticking with you because I would miss you too much. :heart: :heart:

We have to be at the hospital at 8:30, the procedure is around 10:00, we should be home right after lunch. Say a prayer things go easy and that hubby dear makes a quick recovery. Also pray that I don't kill his son since he insists on being at the hospital with us.

Have a good evening.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :heart: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandy i am so happy for you. Lets dance a happy dance for you.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ my prayers will be with you and Babe tomorow. You better not leave us. Keep us informed. Don't be too hard on your Step son. He seems like he really love his dad Sleep well tonight. Will this be day surgery?

Love you. :heart: Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    :heart: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandy i am so happy for you. Lets dance a happy dance for you.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ my prayers will be with you and Babe tomorow. You better not leave us. Keep us informed. Don't be too hard on your Step son. He seems like he really love his dad Sleep well tonight. Will this be day surgery?

Love you. :heart: Marie

Yes Marie, this is day surgery we are going in the morning and should be home by lunch time. I know my step son loves his dad, but you wouldn't believe how he is unless you were here. He is so insecure and has to be the center of attention at all times, no matter what the cost. I have learned how to not let him bother me, but he is very very stressful on both me and Babe. Just keep us in your prayers.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    First, SANDY, congratulations on reaching your goal. What an accomplishment. Good luck to you and your husband with his surgery. You are in my prayers tonight.

Leigh what a good explanation

Deb, I think it was you that mentioned the Easter Chocolate. It's awful. After grocery shopping, I found the chocolate chips and gave in to them. It was a bad day for me. I woke up out of sorts and just felt like eating. I need to either throw out the chips or bury them in the freezer. LOL. I can't eat the small 100 calorie types because I can't have gluten, milk or eggs. Most candy bars have at least one of those in them.

Anyway, after supper I walked on my treadmill for an hour so that helped get rid of some of the calories. I would have been fine, if I didn't have my bedtime snack butbthat helps me sleep better. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Good night all
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sandy - good luck for tomorrow - my hubby was on crutches for 6 weeks when he broke a bone across the top of his foot and I was amazed at how he could get around on them...(when he wanted to ) LOL

PS congrats on reaching your goal...well done.

Geri - an hour on the treadmill...that's a long time...I always like to do at least 30 mins...it's a good habit to get up and hop straight on it and then it's done for the day...whatever other exercise I do is a bonus.

Marie - I'll try and do a video of my roses for you...did try yesterday and after an hour or so it said there wasa problem with uploading the photos.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tonight we're being taken out for dinner by a friend as his way of saying thank you...think I'd prefer just to have the money..LOL
    I had my flu injection yesterday and it' made me feel so achy - reminds me that winter is on the way but this week we have had glorious weather, well into the 70's.

Have a great friday everyone else.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Good Luck Sandy... let us know how it turned out..

I didn't exercise today, took the day off..

Went to the cardio guy (doc), and all the tests that I had came out normal ... YEHAAAAAAA ;) SMILE...

Now I am going to start a new diet tomorrow.... guess which one?

Natalie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Yay for Sandy! You worked so hard for this, and you didnt give up. Way to go girl! And another great inspiration on this thread. Now go out and celebrate with, guess what?....
    now, are you thinking Id say food? Lol, no not hardly, since this truly is a lifestyle change, that means no using food as a crutch, or as a reward. So I say, a nice expensive new outfit is the perfect way to pat yourself on the back. Enjoy!
    ok, and a treat for Daisy.
    well, its been a day, and now it is another one, more on that later, or maybe not. Lol, time for a hot shower and a nap.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Sandy ~ That's brilliant, you've hit your target and yes, completely understand you wanting to get a couple more pounds off to allow for fluctuations. I know you won't let all that hard work go to waste now you've got where you wanted to be so you may find your body will reach that next goal naturally. Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thinking of you both today and hope everything goes well with the op. As for your husband's teenie bit of emotional blackmail, it's what some men do Sandy so you just prepare a few meals in advance and head for the graduation.:bigsmile:

Pink Jackie
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Good morning.

Sandy - Congratulations reaching you goal, that is so awesome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm so happy for you, good luck today, you and your husband will be in my prayers. So proud of you for reach your goal.
    Have a great day, you're amazing.
    Gigi
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    that is so awesome Sandy! Congratulations on a great accomplishment!
  • weagle8183
    weagle8183 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sandy!! Way to go girl!!!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sandy: CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Enjoy it for a minute before you change it girl.......Good Luck with hubby.....don't kill anyone and enjoy the graduation.........Woo Hoo.

Mom and me still fighting it. This is a tough one. Be back soon!

Maddie :sick:

mz_5602522_bodyshot_300x400-3.gif