12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 9 Wks To Go!

Options
*******DO NOT POST ON OLD THREADS....I AM NO LONGER CHECKING THEM************

Just incase that wasn't clear, I'm no longer checking the old posts for new members or weigh-ins. If you want to be part of the group, then please keep up with the threads. :bigsmile:

Now on to the good stuff. You are all doing a great job. I appreciate the honesty that I am seeing from those of you who have gained weight (we've all be there). Keep up the great work!

On to the charts....

(I'm checking sizes...forgive me if they are giant...I'll fix them)

44a.jpg44b.jpg44c.jpg44d.jpg44e.jpg44f.jpg44g.jpg

**THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

Push yourself to try something new or do something different to mix up your workout routine. If you normally run, then try a workout video. If you normally do all cardio, try adding some weights. If you normally walk at a slow pace on the treadmill, try speeding up or increasing the incline. Do something different.

If you continue to do the same old thing every day, your body will get used to it and will stop changing. Challenge yourself to do something new. Let us know how it goes. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• going2losebig
    going2losebig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    :happy: Lets keep up the good work!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    congrats everyone ! This week will be a lot better for me i think :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    NIce job everyone! Glad I could join up!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    This Week's Challenge: Try something new!

Normally I do TurboFire 6 days a week, and sometimes even on my day off. Well, today (on my rest day) I decided to go to the gym. I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes. In that time I did a quick 1-2 minute walk to warm up, then ran for 7 minutes (speed 4.7), then walked for 1.5-2 minutes, then I ran again for 10 minutes (speed: 4.8), then walked again for another 1-2 minutes, then ran again for 20 minutes (yowzah!! 15 minutes @ 4.9, then 5 minutes @ 5.0) with ZERO breaks! I finished off by walking for 2-3 minutes.

It was AMAZING!!! I have never been a runner, but since doing Insanity and TurboFire my stamina has improved so much! I actually LIKED it! I look forward to running again next Monday.

Never in my life have I EVER run for more than 5 minutes. I never would have imagined that I could have done 20 straight, and 37 overall. And....I got to 3 miles at exactly 39 minutes. Yay me!

Wishing you all the very best!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Here's my new updated chart for this week. I sure do hope I can make another change to it before the week is over. :)

My goals:
    Starting Weight: 134
    Goal Weight: 115

3/17: 134
    3/24: 134
    3/28: 133
    4/1: 132
    4/7:
    4/14:
    4/21: <<<mini goal>>> 129
    4/28:
    5/5:
    5/12: <<<mini goal>>> 123
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9: <<<challenge goal>>>117
  • shorty702
    shorty702 Posts: 57
    Options
    good job everyone! let's keep at it. thanks again newmeat for doing an aweome job on the chart!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! And the chart is absolutely amazing!!!! Thank you so much for your hard work on it!!
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Next weigh in my number won't be red!!

Great job everyone!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Well... 3 weeks done and 3 pounds gone.. it'll work but i'm stepping up my game this week... i still have a dress I want to get into by Easter and well, a bikini on the 4th of July .. whoo!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    mjtmorr.awesome job
    2 weeks in a row....most weight lost overall

Congrats to everyone!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Coincidently I have already started this weeks challenge!!

As of today I've added a 30 minute toning DVD to my arsenal. I typically do only cardio but am trying to add strength now! Here's to trying something new.

(Although I'll admit, I'm on day 5 of the 30DS and my biceps have emerged so that also motivated me to hit the ground running with toning!) I'm also looking for a new class! I currently take an advanced step class but I really REALLY want to try kick boxing!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is going to do to mix it up!!
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I need to get back into the full swing of things. Last week was super busy and I ended up eating out quite a bit. I tried to make healthy choices, but I wasn't as disciplined as I should have been. I need to make sure I don't fall back into old habits, cause it would be really easy for me to gain back everything I've lost.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Info for "Laurahr"
    SW: 222
    CW:215
    GW: 199
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join. How should I go about that?
  • agibby76
    agibby76 Posts: 36
    Options
    Congratulations to Everyone!!
    It is such a great chart! Thank you newmeat30!!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

This week's challenge is perfect timing! I reserved the 30DS at the library & just got a notification that it is ready for pick up. Let's see if Jillian can pump up this metabolism!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've just been doing workout video's (30 Day Shred for the past 16 days) so tonight I went for a walk by myself! I have been trying to fit in walks but normally my kids have to come along because my husband works night. Tonight I went by myself, shaved 5 mins off my mile walk and managed to get in a few sprints.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jms023
    jms023 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! This upcoming week is going to be pretty stressful for me because I have an exam on Friday, but since the challenge is to start something new, I will try to start level 2 of the 30 DS this weekend. I want to do level 1 a few more times to master some of the harder moves (I hate anterior raises with side lunge!!!) even though technically I did day 10 today, but after my exam is over I will definitely start on level 2!

Thanks for keeping track of everyone, newmeat30!