12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 9 Wks To Go!

Options

Replies

• lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    TOM set me back, but this is a new week, bring it on. :)
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Post your current weight as of today and your goal weight for June 9th. Keep up with the thread and weigh in any time between Thursday and Sunday.

Current Weight: 169 lbs
    Goal Weight for June 9th: 154
    Mini Challenge for this week: Try something new this week; I am inconsistently doing P90X lean and doing a run / walk rountine. This week I will simply workout every day.

I really want to join this motivating group. 9 weeks to go
  • sparkle327
    Options
    Am feeling empowered. Ate out tonight and chose steak & new potatoes. Might not sound like a big deal but for me this is all about making the right choices. No complicated diet plans,just good old fashioned cal counting and a tad of common sense. I'm done with messing up my metabolism with crash diets - will be happy with 1lb a week once my system has settled. Very motivating to see my name on the board. Thank u for taking the trouble to do that :flowerforyou:

Padkat - I love your post. Way to go! I am in 100% agreement with your philosophy. I am doing the same. I am tired of fad diets. I am taking this one meal at a time and 1 lb at a time.

Keep it up!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    SO today I worked it out. I hit the treadmill and instead of watching the clock for the whole time I paid attention to my distance and just ran. Normally when I hit the 5 min mark because I'm watching the time my mind plays tricks on my and I psych myself into thinking I can't go any longer. This time when I wasn't watching the clock I ran for 15 min and did a mile and then some! I was so proud of myself!!!!

I downloaded a new running app, Nike+GPS. It's awesome. You can post your run on FB and get real time cheers when you friends either like it or make comments. It's super cool!!

Water water water for me this week!!!
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thats so cool! Where can I get one??? ;)
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for explaing it!! I'll give u my weight Saturday night!
    Everybody is doing great! Keep it up!!!
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I ordered 30 Day Shred and Dance Central yesterday. Thought I would switch each day. Can't wait for them to get here.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I ordered 30 Day Shred and Dance Central yesterday. Thought I would switch each day. Can't wait for them to get here.

Just an FYI shred is meant to be done 30 days straight for the best results. I know many people switch off though. My first full week of shred I lost 5lbs ( withmy regular 5 day gym/cardio) the gym cardio i usually do, the most i lost was 1.5-2lbs

I stopped shred on day3 level just because i didnt have time when i got home, but i started again.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am on to level 2 of IFIT for my elliptical, and I think that I will try to add 5 min a day using a jump rope.

**THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

Push yourself to try something new or do something different to mix up your workout routine. If you normally run, then try a workout video. If you normally do all cardio, try adding some weights. If you normally walk at a slow pace on the treadmill, try speeding up or increasing the incline. Do something different.

If you continue to do the same old thing every day, your body will get used to it and will stop changing. Challenge yourself to do something new. Let us know how it goes.
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For this week's challenge I am going to add some strength training to my workout routine. I have learned to love my elliptical since this challenge started but I do need to start mixing other things into my weekly routine.

Followup on last weeks challenge: Did not do my "start" which was waking up early to exercise (need to move that pesky alarm clock so the snooze isn't so conveniently close) but did do my "stop" which was eating when I get home from my retail job late at night! It felt good to go to bed and not feel guilty about a late night snack, and its much healthier.

I'm hoping to incorporate my strength training from this week's challenge and getting up early from last week's challenge into a new productive habit.... :happy:
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    Am feeling empowered. Ate out tonight and chose steak & new potatoes. Might not sound like a big deal but for me this is all about making the right choices. No complicated diet plans,just good old fashioned cal counting and a tad of common sense. I'm done with messing up my metabolism with crash diets - will be happy with 1lb a week once my system has settled. Very motivating to see my name on the board. Thank u for taking the trouble to do that :flowerforyou:

Padkat - I love your post. Way to go! I am in 100% agreement with your philosophy. I am doing the same. I am tired of fad diets. I am taking this one meal at a time and 1 lb at a time.

Keep it up!
  • padkat
    Options

Keep it up!
  • padkat
    Options
    Oh dear. All I wanted to do was create a quote and now I have posts all over the place :blushing: SPARKLE thank you for your support. My thoughts are that my extra weight didn't arrive overnight so it isn't realistic of me to expect it to just melt away overnight (nice as that would be:wink: ). Good luck in getting to goal. :flowerforyou:
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Irishrose, Wow! I just noticed you've made it to onederland! Major congratulations!!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I weigh in early on Wednesdays, super excited to post tomorrow!
  • futureflaka
    futureflaka Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    is it crazy that i like it that the week flies by just because I want to weigh in? lol I think what makes it more exciting is the fact that I've been consistently losing..little by little, but consistently. yay for weigh-ins!
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join. How should I go about that?

Post your current weight as of today and your goal weight for June 9th. Keep up with the thread and weigh in any time between Thursday and Sunday.

So excited to join in on getting 'beach ready'!! :flowerforyou:

CW - 162
    Goal - 145