12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 9 Wks To Go!

Options

Replies

• Anja99
    Anja99 Posts: 10
    Options
    Vic, thanks so much for keeping up the chart. It looks awsome.

This weeks challange I will try change my workout routine. I normally go on the treadmill for 30 min and run 15 min at 4.7 mph and walk for 15 min at 4.0. I will try to push myself and run for at least 20 min.
    I really would like to be able to do a 5k but I can't seem to be able to run more than 1 mile.

Another challange I have ahead of me this week is to overcome my fear of hights. My husband and I will go zip lining this week. I'm not totally scared of hights just the thought of of standning up high and jumping off does not seem right to me :ohwell:
    I hope it will be fun,

Happy Tuesday!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone!!!

This weeks challenge: I started kickboxing last night!! WOOOOOOT! It was awesome. this morning I am sore. 2 days a week. Its not just kickboxing, it was a whole core exercise. Have a great Week everyone.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Wat does bump mean???

bump is so that it goes back up to the top of the feed so people can find it & it doesnt get lost in all the other topics. You can just go to "my topics" and find the thread as well if you've posted on it
  • AccioPancakes
    Options
    Push yourself to try something new or do something different to mix up your workout routine. If you normally run, then try a workout video. If you normally do all cardio, try adding some weights. If you normally walk at a slow pace on the treadmill, try speeding up or increasing the incline. Do something different.

I joined a boot camp last week so 3 mornings a week I get a completely different workout (this morning was travelling lunges with a medicine ball, standing squats, push-ups (2 different ones), and skipping).

I love it. If you're looking for an intense workout, with supervision and motivation, it's incredible. I'm lucky though: the guy who runs mine isn't a drill sargent so I don't get yelled at when I need a break.
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do I have til Sunday to give you my current weight???
  • sparkle327
    Options
    Bump....

Something new: I started working out with a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). It is a wrist monitor without the chest band. This is giving me a better idea of how many calories I am burning with my activities.
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a better week this time around. :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It was great to see my name up on the chart :) Thanks for doing this!

My normal workout is spending about an hour on the treadmill at least three times a week as I am trying to train for my first 5k. For my challenge, I am going to try and incorporate an at-home video into one of my off-days. I am looking for more calorie burn anyway so I think this may be a really good thing!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Do I have til Sunday to give you my current weight??? Wat does bump mean???

Yes, you have until Sunday to post weight.

When people "bump" something, they want it to show up on their "My Topics" tab so that they don't lose it later and can find it when they need it (like when they need to post weight).
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for doing all this the chart looks great! well done on all the losses!
  • HeatherAnne05
    Options
    Hi my current weight is 188 and my goal weight is 145 ... cant wait !!! im happen to join ..good luck to all:)
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have decided to start the gym at my work, I was mainly doing aquafit but would like to do more out of the water since I've been having a bad re-action to the chorline for about a week & a half now. Yahoo! Way to go all you losers out there! New meat you rock! Can't wait for Thursday's weigh in. Can anyone tell me if I should switch to weighing in at the gym or keep weighing myself at home?
  • EmicaL
    EmicaL Posts: 31
    Options
    Dr said I have to take few days off working out until some test results come back. So maintaining weight while not elevating my heart rate will be something different for me this week.
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    This week I am going to continue my tae bo at least 3 times per week and take the boys to the library after school today and find something new!
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I thought I pposted my weight loss, but maybe I did it to the wrong post-

Here it is, nothing big but a loss at least

my current weight is 140.5

So if I just write Bump it will show up in my topics?? I am not computer great!

Thanks again for doing this wonderful site
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, this week, I'm going to try adding 10 minutes of strength training to my routine.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I thought I pposted my weight loss, but maybe I did it to the wrong post-

Here it is, nothing big but a loss at least

my current weight is 140.5

So if I just write Bump it will show up in my topics?? I am not computer great!

Thanks again for doing this wonderful site

Since you posted on the thread, it will not show up under "My Topics".
    I've got your current weight down. Remeber to weigh-in this week between Thursday and Sunday. :)
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    good job everyone! i'm hoping to break into the 160's this week.
  • agibby76
    agibby76 Posts: 36
    Options
    This week I started Turbo Jam, so I will keep that up and I want to get outside and walk. It has been cold, so i will have to overcome that mindset. Here goes!!
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    Am feeling empowered. Ate out tonight and chose steak & new potatoes. Might not sound like a big deal but for me this is all about making the right choices. No complicated diet plans,just good old fashioned cal counting and a tad of common sense. I'm done with messing up my metabolism with crash diets - will be happy with 1lb a week once my system has settled. Very motivating to see my name on the board. Thank u for taking the trouble to do that :flowerforyou: