Fit For Future Families - May 2011

Options

Replies

• missionchick
    missionchick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am not really too picky about when the baby actually comes as far as teaching goes - I just know that if the migraines start when I go off the meds I would not be at school and I have already missed a week this year for my back. It is my busy time of year at school and I think our principals might pass out if I was gone. I don't think I said before but I teach 8th grade history and Yearbook. We have a very large school for our area so our yearbook is quite the undertaking. May is our time of distribution for them, selecting the new staff, and as the yearbook advisor I also help to plan and coordinate 8th grade day and the end of the year slide show. That is on top of just teaching, grading, end of the year testing and everything else. :wink: Hoping that going off the medicine in the summer will help me to be somewhat normal by the time Sept rolls around and we start back to school.

I saw someone posted about donuts earlier. Ugh.. it is teacher appreciation week at school and they have 6 boxes of Dunkin Donuts sitting in our teachers lounge. These are my weakness!! I actually had the forethought to walk back to my room and look up the calories on them before I selected, but still... looks like small portions for dinner tonight!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Jessica - Boooo to the BFN :( but way to look at the positives!!

Luki - OMG - that would have totally set me off......I know my cousin probably meant "by choice" which would then exclude me and I'm not going to make a big deal over it since she already told my Dad that she has trouble talking to me since she thinks she'll say the wrong thing (no point in us both feeling bad).

Jalara - that's not too bad.....it certainly could be worse and it's probably related to CD1. I'm sure next week will be a better one for you....

Mission - Bahhhhhhhh I hate office munchies!!! They always ruin a good day for me.....I'm the kind of person that didn't lik when people noticed the weightloss so I totally would have eaten one just to make sure no one noticed. I wouldn't have checked first though....good tip!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    We just got a call from the owner of our building, and they have an apartment for us to see tonight. We live in a 2 bedroom right now, and the 2 bedrooms are HUGE but the living area is small. Tonight we'll be looking at a corner apartment with a lot of living space (and room for a full dining room) fairly decent size bedrooms. I'm excited - that means we'll have a cross breeze for the summer and we'll have more than enough room for baby, my husband's desk, and the book cases we need. Yay!

I just looked at it, and hubby will look at it tonight, and we'll sign a lease tonight if we want it.

Silver lining! Yahoo!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry in advance for the long post... I like to catch up all at once :happy:

Alisa!!!!! You're back!!! Missed you. Hawaii, Florida, and DH coming back!? Awesome! I'm completely jealous! You will be in shape in no time! I like your goal of; no gym means 15 push-ups. I think I may try that! God knows, I couldn't keep up with my push-ups and crunches everyday! :laugh:

Hunny- Vegas! Sweet! Have loads of fun, and if you read this before you go, try to see Anthony Cools' show! He is a hypnotist and absolutely the funniest thing I have EVER seen! My cheeks and stomach hurt from laughing the entire time! Yay, for the old clothes! I hope your DH's interview goes well. And I hear you on the ticking biological clock. I think mine keeps getting louder and louder with each irregular cycle. I will be starting clomid very soon. xFringers crossed that it worksx

Hinds- Have a blast at the Kentucky Derby!

Andrea- Sorry I can't be of any help on O details. I haven't Oed once yet in all 6 months...:grumble: Hope you the best!

Jalara- Great workout. You've got to love when complete strangers say something! Nice goals! Don't let that scale get you down with AF around the corner! Happy studying! The new apartment sounds lovely!

I SECOND (or third) BRING ON THE BABIES!!!

Luki- That really stinks!!! I'm sorry they changed the schedule. But great job on doing your own cardio!

Pam- Like you said, I'm sure she didn’t mean anything by it, but it's still sad that she didn't realize it would affect you...:ohwell:

Jessica- Great job on skipping the donuts! I have a sweet addiction as well. Sorry for the BFN, it's always hard even when you expect it.

AFM-DH and I had a date night last night. We went to see Fast Five. It was REALLY good, minus Dwayne Johnson being a terrible actor. We love cars, and that movie just added a few more to our wish list! LOL
    My dinner consisted of theatre popcorn, diet coke, and Welch’s fruit snacks... Needless to say we are going shopping tonight to stock up on some good food choices and planning out dinner for the rest of the week! Planning is key!!!
    While adopting Alisa's idea, tonight I will be doing push-ups (and prolly crunches) after teaching. I can't count teaching as exercise tonight, because it is picture week where the kids come in their dance costumes and just get their pictures then leave.

K TTFN! I really have to get some work done today! :laugh:
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! So a big missed you to all those still here (wished you were on another thread the whole time I was gone) and a Hello to all the new people!

So there’s no way I’m going to make it through two months of posts, I did stalk the thread on occasion but really haven’t had much time. So this post will be mostly letting you guys know where I’m at.

On the TTC front, I’m on CD27, and according to FF I O’d on CD14 which means I’m back to normal. The past three months I’ve been having 33-35 day cycles when I was a solid 29-30 cycle kinda girl. So some of you already know I had an IUI in Feb and took a month off in March, but when I was ready again in April I called the clinic they told me that I was too late in my cycle. So apparently my clinic takes an appointment on CD3 to see how many follicles you have (yes CD3, while your bleeding and all!), but since they didn’t do this for me the first time and never told me, I called in on CD5(day after AF left) and was too late. So now I’m patiently waiting for AF to come, and as I sit here typing this I feel the pre cramps happening, hoping that it comes sooner than later so I can book that appointment. Of course since I O’d earlier than the past couple months DH and I weren’t prepared.

On the weight loss front, I’ve been doing alright actually. I will have hit 20lbs in a year, which doesn’t sound like much but it’s much better than gaining 20lbs (which is what I had been doing the past couple years). I’m 10lbs away from having a healthy BMI, and would like to loose an additional 5-10 vanity pounds after that. I just had to go shopping for new pants this past weekend because I went down in size! I really needed jeans and got a great pair of 29’s! Can’t wait to wear them to the concert tonight!
    I am debating whether or not to renew my gym membership or not. If I renew it needs to be for a year to retain my promotional price, but I’m afraid that I wont use the gym as much if I get preggers and then it’s a waste of $. I’d really like to subscribe to this MMA gym they have in my area, and I can get a 3month membership to all the kickboxing, strength training and yoga classes. So what should I do girls? If I try out the new gym for 3months I loose my discount rate at the other gym and would need to repay the registration fee upon re-subscribing, not to mention the MMA gym is more $. Or should I stick with my regular gym? Help!

Ok, wow that was a long post, sorry. Talk to all of you later!

Ashley,
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all--I've been MIA for a few days---out with a horrendous intestinal bug. Just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I think. Thank God. Just wanted to post to get this month's thread in my list. Welcome to the newcomers--hi to the regulars---I'll post more when I have the energy...
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope you feel better soon kah. I've been out of the virtual world too as we are thinking of adopting a greyhound and trialled him at home this weekend to see if he can get on with the cats. Exciting times!

Even more exciting, after years of nothing I had a bit of spotting yesterday! May not mean anything but it's the most hope we've had in ages. Maybe normal cycles could be next? Just wanted to share anyways, not many people would understand why such a tiny thing is a huge deal.

Love and baby dust to all xx
  • jalara
    Options
    Okay, so there is the couple that we know, and we're good friends. With that said, this is the couple that I've thought to myself: I can handle trouble TTC as long as they don't get pregnant before me.
    Well, their Facebook is going crazy, but without an official announcement. Looks like it's their turn....I'm just waiting for the official announcement.

Tonight is going to suck. Hard core.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Okay, so there is the couple that we know, and we're good friends. With that said, this is the couple that I've thought to myself: I can handle trouble TTC as long as they don't get pregnant before me.
    Well, their Facebook is going crazy, but without an official announcement. Looks like it's their turn....I'm just waiting for the official announcement.

:flowerforyou: hugs!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! This board picked up a little steam with the new month, that’s so great! It’s great to see some faces that haven’t been around lately as well :smile:

Pam, You had asked if I was stressed the first half of the month – no, I wasn’t. I was stressed the two previous months (my dad had a quintuple bypass then my brother had a Thyroid storm) but this month hasn’t been so bad! For a while I was convinced I was pregnant despite negative pregnancy tests, since my temp never went down. I did, however get a positive OPK and slightly higher temps now, so I guess that was a fluke!!! Oh, and I CAN”T BELIEVE your cousin said that. She must not have been thinking. *HUUUUG!!!*:flowerforyou:

Jalara, Love your baby time rant – I feel the same way!!! And that’s so great about the apartment!!! How exciting! I hope you night ends up better than you think. Is there something that you can do (go out to the movies or something fun) that can distract you? *hugs*:flowerforyou:

Luki, I hope you find a new class you like at the gym! I tried zumba but it hurt my knees – probably was doing it wrong! Do they have anything similar this month?

Jessica, BFN’s always sting, sorry!!! *hug for you!*:flowerforyou:

Kim, glad you got to have date night last night. It’s cute that you guys were both eyeing the cars you want, haha. :laugh:

Ashley, glad you were able to get us an update, I’ve been wondering about you! You’ve been doing great on the weight loss, and it sounds like you get to go back to the doctor in a week, so that’s good. FC for you!

Karen, missed you lately! Feel better! Is it just you, or do the boy and your DH have it as well?

Pixie, good luck with the puppy adoption – how fun!

AFM, CD22 and just waiting (how fun). Mother’s Day is this weekend, and I thought it would be fun to share positive news with our mother’s that day, but today I am feeling pretty negative and feel like I won’t have a positive to share this month. I see my gyno on Thursday for my annual, so I think I might print off my Fertility Friend stuff to bring and ask if there is anything I can do.
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options

Dont feel bad im kinda in the same boat...A friend of mine just had a beautiful healty baby boy, and instead of being happy for her i am secretly jealous...Of course she doesnt know that and keeps saying how blessed they are and their family is complete..I really am happy for her but i cant help but wish it was me:ohwell:
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    Welp i guess i am hanging on to false hope cause i took another test and still BFN...Im trying not to be bummed but honestly i am...Just wish AF would come so i can start my next cycle..
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Jalara - the new place sounds like it's going to be a beautiful home for you guys! Your baby will come and when it does it will have a really special Mom - just remember that when they do tell you :) I would be really upset if Pat's cousin and the girlfriend got pregs before us...I'd be happy because I love her little girl and she's been great about lending her to us, but still, I know I'd have a little cry to myself.

Kim - what's wrong with dinner from last night....LOL We had to do the same thing tonight since the cupboards were getting bare.

Ashley - Arggg...I really wish that the doctors would tell you things like that up front!!! Don't they know what waiting a whole cycle is like for people that have been trying??? You put 20 bricks of butter on the table and tell me that's not a whole lot, especially when you're close to having a healthy BMI. Personally, if you enjoy the gym, I'd stick with it and then hit up the MMA once your next year is done (and you're dealing with post-pregnancy pounds).

Karen - feel better soon - it sounds like a doozy of a bug.

Pixie - My fingers are crossed....normal cycles are a good thing and spotting definitely could mean its just around the corner.

Andrea - Darn :) I always try and find an answer - but sometimes there just isn't one....I hate when holidays come up because I always picture telling the families around a holiday and so it's just another reminder...... Bringing your stuff to the doctor is definitely a good idea.

Jessica - I know what you mean about AF just hurry up and get here!!!!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Mission- I totally hear you on the business of the end of the year! Not nearly as busy as you (I give you credit for taking on yearbook)-I’ve been put in charge of the 7th Grade Award Ceremony this year. As far as teacher appreciation week, so far all the goodies have been healthy (apples and trail mix bars), which is great because I don’t feel guilty when I enjoy them. Great job having the self control to check the calories before eating one!

Pam- Yes I was really hurt and just went to the bathroom for awhile to calm down and breathe.

Jalara- For day one that’s not bad at all. It’s probably water weight. I’m sorry- don’t be ashamed to cry a little. I know it’s never fun to feel the jealously but let it out…You will be a GREAT mom! Our adoptive babies are in our hearts and that is a wonderful blessing and calling we have!!!

Abeare- I would stick with the normal gym. Ask your gym if they allow suspensions in membership. My gym allows people to stop their membership for a certain amount of months and then it starts up again.

Pixie- That is a GREAT sign!

Andrea- they still have Zumba on Wednesday nights with an instructor that is okay and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a lady I hate. I never go on Tuesday and Thursday because 1. as I said I don’t like the instructor and 2. It is the busy session so people have to get their 45 minutes and wait in line to get a ticket…waiting in line for a class is not my style :o) I will go on Wednesday, I just miss my instructor. I would definitely print off the information for the OBGYN.
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey ladies,

So - I ate my feelings tonight. Yup. Ate 'em up.

Silver lining - we took the apartment and will sign the lease early next week and move at the end of the month (also, we can back to our place and cleaned so that apartment can be shown, so it's nice and clean right now). Also, silver lining, I got an 88% as a final mark for my Mental Health class. And I have a job interview tomorrow for a casual aide position at the Veteran's Hospital. So that's good (although I wasn't sure if I wanted it at all, I'm going to check into it and see what I think afterwards.

Two days into the week, and a crap day, I thought I'd review my goals thus far. So here it is:

8 cups of water a day (I've been slacking) 2/2
    Workout 4 days 1/2
    Get a calorie burn above 400 for each workout 1/2
    Log food every day 2/2
    Stay under calories 4 times 1/2

So doing okay so far. I didn't want to log my emotional food, but I did anyway. Meh.

I'm not sure how this reads to you ladies, but to me it has an Eeyore undertone....which is about how I'm feeling. Bleh.

Also tonight, I renewed my Fertility Friend membership (for the THIRD time and still not pregnant) and I ordered more ovulation tests and pregnancy tests from my fav spot online. I had stopped tracking too closely for 3 months, but I have a feeling it's time to start again. I want to see results dammit, and right now I have all my faith and hope pinned on my OB appointment on the 11th.

Speaking of that appointment - what should I be asking for? Blood work for hormone levels? I know I need progesterone supplement, and I have a feeling she may increase my Clomid to 150mg. Any advise?

Also, I've recently figured out that I have an issue with dairy. So far it seems to be limited to cow's dairy (meaning feta doesn't bother me) but that's yet another food restriction. So I've been using almond milk for most things, except taking Lactaid for when I eat cheese. Anyone else not eat dairy?

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I just need to get this out somewhere!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Tuesday.....Ohhhhhh Tuesday.....

Pam - I am sure your cousin didn't mean it towards you but I can understand how that would hurt

Jalara - I feel your pain....Seriously if ONE MORE person tells me that they're preggo...I MIGHT scream...or slap them!

Ashley - They should have told you before that they needed you to come in on CD3, that's a bummer you missed it by 2 days....I hope AF doesn't come and you get a BFP...or you get it soon so you can get the next round of IUI going

AFM - I got to skype with my husband again today....it's sooooo nice to see his face while i'm talking to him. It's starting to get a little awkward bc we WANT to be talking but there really isn't anything for us to talk about, we keep each other pretty updated with emails and stuff so it got to where we were just sitting there talking about stupid stuff for the sake of talking....
    My son told me tonight if i have a baby he wants to name it rex....I told him I wasn't okay with that....

I didn't make it to the gym today bc i forgot my gym shoes and i don't plan on doing pushups bc i'm EXHAUSTED...i'm pretty sure i went over my calories BUT i will play with the idea of calling today my cheat day.
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Jalara-:flowerforyou:

Alisa- LOL. I'm guessing you don't like Rex. You can always name the next house pet Rex as a comprimise. :smile:
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I come from the Pregnancy thread. I miscarried in January, and have been frequenting that thread since Nov 2010. In the last few months, it's been hard b/c they are all going through what I want so badly. They are a great bunch of ladies always sending baby dust, but I think I need this thread. I heard about it last month but couldn't find it until Jalara posted the link. (thanks)

a little about me.
    I'm 38, married, stay at home mom to 2. (DD 7y/o, DS 4 y/o)
    I run a home day care but since the m/c I haven't had any clients.

I have PCOS, have been overweight all my life. I used Clomid to conceive DD, but DS was a surprise. (we were going to start TTC in the summer, but I was already 8 weeks in May 06)

I have been taking Metformin since Sept 09. I lost 10 lbs somewhere between Jan 2010 and Sept 2010. I wasn't really trying to loose weight, until this Sept 2010. I managed to loose 14lbs more until I got pg in Oct. I have been fluctuating up and down 5 lbs since Jan. probably b/c AF just came again. :grumble: :cry:

I attend Zumba classes 2 times a week, every other week. DH works days one week, nights the next, so I don't go to Zumba when he's working. I just got Zumba for wii so I'm going to try that on my "week off" I've been logging my food. trying to stay around 1600 or so. but when I cheat, I don't log it... :blushing:

So, that's me.
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Carrina- Welcome to the thread! I have seen you when I stalk the pregnancy board (wishful thinking and dreaming on my part). I general don't go on the pregnancy board because it puts me in a negative mind frame. I'm very sorry you miscarried and I hope you conceive quickly.There are several women with PCOS on this thread so you will have many women to talk to about it.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Jalara- yay on the apartment!!!!! I think it's going to be a great new start!!! I love the idea of checking in with your goals and I will do it after I do my work out today. I'm proud that you logged the food even though they were emotional eating. No one is judging you :) We all have those days and it will be better for you in the long run :) I don't eat a lot of dairy - I also use almond milk in a lot of things and I've heard good things about Rice Cream (like Ice Cream).

Alisa - LOL I don't know about Rex either but it's cute that he's thinking of it. I helped name my brother - but I found out in much later years that was going to be his name anyways because it's a derivative of my grandmother's maiden name....LOL At least you guys are talking so much it doesn't feel like you have to get everything out every call :) It's nice sometimes to talk about the normal everyday nonsense :)

Carina - Welcome!! First of all, sorry for your loss. I love the idea of supplementing with the Wii :)

AFM - work time work time :) Went out last night for an impromptu Coffee and Muffin - dang and I was doing SOOOO well until then. At least we walked there and walked back with a bag of dog food.....not from the coffee shop. LOL That would be weird.