• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    day 150! 5 months smoke free!! :drinker:
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    day 150! 5 months smoke free!! :drinker:
    Congratulations!!! Such an accomplishment!
  • craft338
    Options
    just checking in...

how's everyone doing??
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've crossed the 8 month mark. The thought of having a puff still crosses my mind, but I'm millions of miles the from Feb. 3, 2011 feelings. I haven't been working out but the good news is I haven't gained any weight back. So that's what I will be focusing on after this week (after my college Homecoming).
  • craft338
    Options
    that's awesome!!! wow, 8 months is fantastic!!

i hit 160 days today, which is cool....but this beautiful fall weather is giving me MORE cravings than usual. this was always my favorite time to smoke, and i had a pretty strong urge to sit out on my deck with a pack of cigarettes this morning. so, i did it with coffee instead. i was pretty surprised by how strong the craving was. i know i'm not going to buy a pack of cigarettes anytime soon....but it's been over 5 months now. am i ever gonna get over this whole not smoking thing? i just wanna be "QUIT" and not have to worry about cravings and all that....
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Congrats:flowerforyou: to all of you on your quit!! I quit 22 months ago. I used an ecig as well. I just stepped down and down and down till I was just smoking the non-nicotine ones. Now I only pick it up once in a great while like when I'm out partying or something. It does feel great to work out and not be out of breath!! I smoked for 20 years and I will never go back :happy:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    that's awesome!!! wow, 8 months is fantastic!!

i hit 160 days today, which is cool....but this beautiful fall weather is giving me MORE cravings than usual. this was always my favorite time to smoke, and i had a pretty strong urge to sit out on my deck with a pack of cigarettes this morning. so, i did it with coffee instead. i was pretty surprised by how strong the craving was. i know i'm not going to buy a pack of cigarettes anytime soon....but it's been over 5 months now. am i ever gonna get over this whole not smoking thing? i just wanna be "QUIT" and not have to worry about cravings and all that....

You will get over the strong cravings soon. I have been quit for 22 months and the only time I get a craving is when I'm with my friends that smoke and I have been drinking. It just takes time. If you have to use your ecig, that's how I got threw it. Be strong!!! U CAN DO THIS!!!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Remember that you have to re-learn how to live each holiday and each season without smoking and that can trigger cravings as much as two years into your quit. I don't say that to intimidate anyone- only to make sure you are prepared.

No one can take your quit away from you! Fight to keep smokefree. It is SO worth it!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    8 months coming up for me in a few days. :drinker::drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

A few of us will be going to las vegas for a nice short vacation. I just remembered that I might have to walk and sit around smokers. That I am not looking forward too, as I can't stand beside a smoker now.
  • craft338
    Options
    8 months coming up for me in a few days. :drinker::drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

A few of us will be going to las vegas for a nice short vacation. I just remembered that I might have to walk and sit around smokers. That I am not looking forward too, as I can't stand beside a smoker now.

congrats on 8 months!!! good luck in vegas!!!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well, way to go!!! 53 days smoke free!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    114 days tobacco free!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I have been quit for 1 Year, 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 26 seconds (598 days). I have saved $2,993.44 by not smoking 11,973 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 1 Week, 3 Days, 13 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/1/2010 12:00 AM
  • craft338
    Options
    i quit 175 days ago and i've lost 37 lbs since quitting :drinker:
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am officially 9 months smoke free today. NIIIICCCCEEEEE!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yay! what an accomplishment! 175 days is huge!!! (and so much money you've been saving, treat yourself to something nice :flowerforyou: )
  • craft338
    Options
    I am officially 9 months smoke free today. NIIIICCCCEEEEE!

awesome!!!!!! i'm at 6 months and it feels GREAT!!! :drinker:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just read through this entire thread. All I can say is...................thank you.
    I'm quitting Monday. :happy:
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    8 months for me today!!!!

This makes me feel like I'm the strongest person in the world!!!

> > You have quit smoking for:
    > > 35 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours and 28 mins.
    > >
    > > You have saved:
    > > 1,051.14 Euros by NOT smoking 5,390 cigarettes!
  • craft338
    Options
    I just read through this entire thread. All I can say is...................thank you.
    I'm quitting Monday. :happy:

that's awesome!! you're gonna do great :bigsmile: