Quitting Smoking and Dieting Support

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    8 months for me today!!!!

This makes me feel like I'm the strongest person in the world!!!

> > You have quit smoking for:
    > > 35 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours and 28 mins.
    > >
    > > You have saved:
    > > 1,051.14 Euros by NOT smoking 5,390 cigarettes!

great job!! you must feel fantastic!

Time Smoke-Free: 193 days, 15 hours, 29 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 1355
    Lifetime Saved: 10 days, 8 hours
    Money Saved: $675.50
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I know this is a stale thread but I forgot to comment the other day. I've quit now for 12 years, I could never do the things I do now if I still smoked. I used a combination of nicotine gum to back off gradually, and a book called 'Stop Smoking - Stay Skinny. The idea is to keep your blood sugar level throughout the day and to treat yourself to a good breakfast. (instead of a smoke) Best of luck - you can do it! Mind over matter! I also logged and rated each cigarette, I eliminated the low rated ones first. Oh! and I wrapped my cigarettes in paper that I had to unwrap each time, which is a pain.

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Smoking-Skinny-Joseph-Martorano/dp/0380794969
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    This thread is now a GROUP!! :drinker: visit us there!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/755-quitting-smoking
  • bochmo
    bochmo Posts: 7
    Options
    UPDATE:

Today marks 3 years, 3 months, and 24 days without a cigarette! Iv'e saved $7,257.70 cents and I feel great. Never lighting up again. Now back to getting these lbs. off...............................
  • aefanohio
    Options
    Congrats! I recently quit smoking :) it will be 9 months tomorrow! Best decision I ever made. Now to lose the not smoking anymore weight. ;)
  • bochmo
    bochmo Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump
  • nadamandar
    Options
    I just quit 3 days ago after smoking for 19 years. I've quit in the past, but want it to stick now. I am nervous about gaining weight, though I did not in the past when I quit. Normally I wouldn't care so much, because I'm in decent enough shape/weight/etc., but I'm getting married in just under 3 months in Costa Rica and my dress size is tailored to my body as it is now. Sooooooo.....gotta stay vigilant about exercise and healthy eating. Damn metabolism. Eating a ton of cucumber and celery between meals now....rather be popping those in, as opposed to chocolate or candy. Still nervous.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i find it helps to track things ahead of time, if i lay out all my food for the day then i know if there is some extra that i can use on a cookie as a substitute for the smoke i am craving. For me oranges have worked really well when I have a craving or to plan to have one at the times when I want a cigarette most (that is post workout for me, i sooo miss smoking at that time, most other times I dont think about it or it doesnt bother me when i do)

I cant believe it is almost two months without a cigarette for me :). I have lost 3 pounds in the almost 8 weeks since my last one so dont believe those who say you have to gain weight when you quit or that you can only do one at a time.
  • nadamandar
    Options
    Yeah, when I quit in the past, I didn't gain weight. I was exercising then (as I am now) and eating healthy (as I mostly am now). We'll see how it goes. I think you're right about pre-logging, as opposed to post logging. I'm drinking a ton of water, and as I said, I always have a ziplock bag of cucumber and celery on me. Also, I'm trying to get out for more walks on top of my regular workout routine.

Thanks for the response and congrats on two months!