Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Oh, goodness...day 15 done, and I'm so glad to be 1/2 done. I'm getting sick of it - LOL...kinda miss running and I haven't had the energy to do both. :brokenheart: However, level 2 is getting much better. Anyone lay on the floor a lot longer after it's all done before cool down? I sure do! I kinda like getting my butt kicked, cause I know I'm burning calories. However, I'm not really losing weight. Gained this week - did take the week off from really watching my food intake, so back at it again this week in full swing. Hope you are all having a wonderful week!! :flowerforyou:

If anyone sees this:
    1. So far, what are your thoughts on the Shred?
    2. After you finish (and we will all finish!!), will you start over, or put it away for awhile?
    3. What size are your weights? Do you alternate between sizes? Can you do everything all the way through with your hand weights?
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    If anyone sees this:
    2. After you finish (and we will all finish!!), will you start over, or put it away for awhile?
    3. What size are your weights? Do you alternate between sizes? Can you do everything all the way through with your hand weights?

1. So far I really like it! I feel like I can really feel myself getting stronger. My favorite part is that it's only 25 minutes long. Each exercise is only like 30 seconds long so before you know it it's over!
    2. It just so happens that I will finish the shred right before I leave for an annual camping trip with a tons of friends where I will eat horribly and drink tons of beer. So I plan to enjoy myself that weekend and then pick it back up again afterwards!
    3. 3 lbs. I just always use the same exact weights. Right now, with level 2, I am reallllly struggling during the swats with the V arm raises. I can pretty much NEVER raise my arms all the way to my eyes and I can only even raise them a little bit for what seems like half the time. The last circuit is definitely the hardest for me.
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Completing Day 16 today! I can't wait to be done with this thing.

Question for those on Level 2: Does anyone else get dizzy during the neck circles? I've tried keeping my eyes closed, I've tried keeping them open, and I watch my breathing and I still can't help getting really dizzy during this stretch. I hate it!

Maybe you're circling too fast?? Personally I haven't noticed feeling any different during the neck circles. Some days i do feel light headed when I stand up from the ab workout or any of the other ones on the floor. Sometimes before I can jump into the next exercise I have to just wait until my head comes all the way back to me.

Tomorrow during my workout I will keep an eye out during the neck circles and see how I really feel.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If anyone sees this:

1. Considering this is my 3rd round with 30DS...I love it! In all my previous weight loss attempts, I've never lost as many inches or as quickly as I'm doing right now. I'll credit Jillian's DVDs for that success
    2. I'm already alternating 30DS with her Ripped in 30. I've heard good things about her 'Blast the Fat, Boost the Metabolism' (BFBM) and if I start that I'll probably shelf 30DS for awhile.
    3. Round 1 was 3lbs; since then I've been using 5lbs except for the squat w/ V-arm lifts. Those are still at 3lbs.
  • CosmoValley
    Options
    Well I have not done it at all this week!!:frown: I have been sick, my hubby and my two year old. Anyday now my other kid will be sick... I has really feeling like I was starting to shrink a little bit! Have not even been to Zumba class. Oh well, hopefully I can get back on the wagon soon! I did lose a pound that first 10 days:smile: Have not checked my measurements. Plan on doing that at the end. Hope you gals are doing better than me!!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Well I have not done it at all this week!!:frown: I have been sick, my hubby and my two year old. Anyday now my other kid will be sick... I has really feeling like I was starting to shrink a little bit! Have not even been to Zumba class. Oh well, hopefully I can get back on the wagon soon! I did lose a pound that first 10 days:smile: Have not checked my measurements. Plan on doing that at the end. Hope you gals are doing better than me!!

I was going through my friend's list and saw you hadn't logged on and was gonna message you and ask if all was ok - hang in there and hope you all start feeling better soon! Nothing worse than when kids get sick and the HUBBY is the worst!! And on top of it, you being sick makes it 10x unbearable. :sick:

Gonna do day 16 soon. Been having to do it at night lately due to field trips at school. Goodness, those field trips are exhausting...then the shred later...gulp! :explode:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 done!!

Its definitely kicked my butt!!! I swear burpees are exercises from hell...the lunges were too much for my knees and the walking push ups well hmmmm....Lets just say I will do better tomorrow :blushing:
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    well day 16 done my husband said he started to see my abs !
  • aab1
    Options
    L2D2 complete.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Didn't end up doing Day 16 yesterday like I said, so I did it today. I'm still sweating up a storm but today was the first day I was able to do all the plank jacks/plank squats without taking a break or modifying.
  • aab1
    Options
    I'm still sweating up a storm but today was the first day I was able to do all the plank jacks/plank squats without taking a break or modifying.

@ Imwitha - Nice job! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    Haven't posted in a couple days but I have been faithful with 30DS - haven't taken any rest days. Today was technically Day 4 Level 2 for me - however - last night I did my 4th workout of Level 2. I did day 3 at 7am and then again at 9:30. Just worked out again this morning at 7. Does last night count as 'day 4' and today day 5 or is today still day 4? Confused?? Lol
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Day 17...DONE!
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    day 17 done yay!
  • musica814
    Options
    If anyone sees this:

1. I love that each day gets progressively "easier" in the sense that you get accustomed to the pattern of the workouts and you get better with the proper posture and form, but it still kicks my butt every day. I can feel myself getting stronger and tighter and I love it.
    2. I'm going to start over as well as supplement with other Jillian Michael's DVD's.
    3. I'm currently using 5lb weights for all of the exercises except for the chair squats w/ V-raises. For those I switch to my 2lb weights, although if I had 3 lb weights I would use those for v-raises.

Day 17 done!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You guys are all still doing so great, great job!!!
  • musica814
    Options
    Day 18 done. Also, I got Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism in the mail yesterday!! I'm going to start doing it 2-3 times a week along with 30DS. I'd like to start it today because it's our one year anniversary :heart: and I am going to be eating thawed one-year old wedding cake tonight :laugh: so I'd like to burn as many cals as possible.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Starting my round 2 tomorrow! If any of you fell off the wagon and are looking to start over, I created a new post for those of us starting tomorrow. :smile:
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    day 18 done!!!
  • aab1
    Options
    I took a few days off to focus my workouts on my running & the bucu hours worth of yardwork I completed.
    Good to see everyone keeping up with it!

L2D3 complete tonight.