Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Slim Down and workout videos

Options

Replies

• jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe you were so sick again!! That sucks. But as someone joked to me: I am one stomach bug away from making goal weight :laugh: The laser went fine but now I am just waiting to see the results. They said it could take up to 3 weeks for the hair to fall out (they call it shedding, nice huh?) so we shall see. I am supposed to be the ideal canidate for this so I should see decent results. I have a series of 6 sessions to go to so that was just my first, but from what I hear you should be hairless for a few weeks then new folicles should become active and you have to have those treated (hence the need for 6 treatments). It is a good time to do it though since it is really important to keep the treated skin out of the sun. They kept stressing this to me over and over which I thought was funny. Its December, I have no interest in running around tanning my arm pits. :laugh:

I was single parent this weekend (my husband was out of town to visit an his ill grandfather) so I didn't get in any workouts over the weekend. I also ate like crap since we celebrated our "Texas Christmas" which is where my parents and siblings exchange gifts before we leave town. There was way too much booze and candy involved so I can only hope to stay the same on the scale this week. That would be the best case scenario for me. But I am not going to stress about it though since it is Christmas and I just don't want to go too overboard while I am out of town. If I can stay the same weight for the next 2 weeks I will be thrilled. Crap if I onlt go up 1 pound in the next 2 weeks I will be happy. But when new years comes.....watch out :laugh:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I'm not sure what's up with me lately. I'm usually never sick and lately I'm just getting smacked left and right. Maybe it's just being exposed to more with the kids - I don't know...either way, it royally sucks. LoL. Stomachs still up and down but made some soup last night. That should hold me over until things finally subside completely.

No tanning the arm pits in December? Now I thought that was the 'it' treatment in Hollywood these days? No?! :laugh:

Single parent days are fun huh? It seems like mine are endless lately. Bless my husband who coaches on the side because I know it isn't any easier for him. But I feel you. Trying to keep up with the kids and still keep some semblance of a schedule is difficult!!

And I think your attitude about the holidays is great. It is complacent. You are still rocking your workouts and eating well. But there has to be some room for enjoying company and some of the good foods that come with that company. I may wax and wane but you are always jumping right back on the horse after a bout of illness. You'll be fine, absolutely fine!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Oh I know what you mean about being sick. Tomorrow is the last workout of month 2 for me in the Supreme 90 program. Since I had to take 3 breaks for being sick it took me a month and a half to get through these last 30 workouts haha. I started the program on October 1st so I expected to be done around the first week of January. Haha! Yeah I think I will be good if I finish by the end of January since I am only starting the last month on Thursday and then I will be off a week when I am out of town for Christmas. Oh well I enjoy the workouts (for the most part) so I am not desperate to end it but I would like to have my first round under my belt. I definately see an increase in overall strength as I have been steadily increasing the weigh I use for each move. That and my pushups are getting alot better. So I am happy with all these changes and I just have to focus on those when the scale mocks me :laugh:

Hope you are feeling better soon. If anything you need to be back to 100% by this weekend :happy:
  • mamareese
    Options
    FYI I totally meant it's NOT complacent!! Just reread that!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Oh I didn't even notice that! haha! Still trying to fight the good fight but I am just treading water (hopefully) and will recommit at the first of the year. I do feel so much better when I am working out though even if the eating is bad.
  • mamareese
    Options
    DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT EATING PIZZA ROLLS AFTER HAVING THE FLU!!!! :laugh: That's what the kids had for dinner and I thought, i need to eat so i'll just eat what they eat. HORRIBLE IDEA. :sick:

I am keeping my fingers crossed because I bought Turbo Fire of a friend of a friend of a cousin of a sister twice removed. HEHEHE:tongue: So I'm hoping it's good!! I'd love to start it right after Christmas, if it doesn't come before!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Oh no!!! I made that mistake when I was getting over the stomach bug around Halloween. There were no pizza rolls but I ate real food too soon after being sick it is just started everything all over again! Hope you are feel better today. Oh Turbo Fire should be fun. I can't wait to hear what you think. I am sure Cee would love to hear too.

Today was my last day of month 2 (yea!) and tomorrow is the first workout of month 3 but then I take a nice week long break haha! Today is going to be so busy when I get home from work. We are flying from Dallas to NJ tomorrow night right after work so I have to have everything packed for Josie as well as myself tonight. Not to mention she needs a bath big time! I feel like I am packing the whole house to get her to NJ!!

Tomorrow is also weigh day for me. I would like to see some change but I am not too concerned since I am sure whatever good I did this week will be undone with this coming week :laugh: Feel better soon!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fine. But more importantly enjoy your trip! Sounds like fun (aside from the packing part) I can remember how difficult it can be trying to pack and prepare for all the what ifs. But if I recall correctly she did awesome the last trip so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the same outcome!!

Congrats too on finishing up month 2! You'll be well rested and ready to take on the full month 3 after the all the holiday chaos is over and you can get back to your regularly scheduled routine!

I know that I'm ready to get back to it, my body isn't quite yet. But I can hear my brain saying you've got to get moving, you've got to get moving...there will be no repeat of last year's downward slide. I absolutely refuse. I bought just enough supplies to make holiday cookies to take with us to our family gatherings and enough to keep the hubs and boys content. Luckily for me those aren't my weakness. It's food at my mom's and we'll only be there on Christmas Day. And with them now having the flu, I'm not sure how much food we'll actually being enjoying. I just keep praying my littlest doesn't catch it. It was hard enough watching my 4 year old (who thankfully is capable of making it to the bathroom to get sick)!! Double fingers crossed on that one.

With all the business, I wanted to wish you a Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas now. Who knows how often we'll be actually logging (don't break that streak of yours though with days logged in!! :wink: ) Enjoy it and we'll be back in full force before we know it!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    I didn't notice a backslide last year because I didn't make any progress before the holidays last year. :laugh: I had just had Josie (Nov 27) and I assumed it would be 6 weeks before I was cleared to work out. HA! I go back to my OBGYN for my 1 month check up and she clears me to start working out!! Well I wasn't about to start any of that before Christmas so I just waiting until January 3rd before I started dieting and working out. Granted my weight did start to go back up alittle right before I started working out so I am sure that was a bit of a back slide. Nothing like gaining 41 pounds being pregnant, then losing 15 of it within a month only to start seeing the scale go up again. Yeah that was my wake up call. I was not about to stay at 180lb but I totally see now how easy it is for woman to gain the weight in pregnant and never get it off (especially if you have kids really close in age!)

Well a very Merry Christmas to you as well. I will be on the forums tomorrow (since work is totally dead right now) but after that I will not have access to them until next Friday. I have my iphone app so I will be attempting to do my best at logging but we shall see how that goes but no I will not break my streak :wink:
  • mamareese
    Options
    Well the flu bug helped me with a nice loss. LoL. If it stays after I start eating regular food for a while, I'll be even more elated. :laugh:

Turbo Fire will probably get here on Saturday so I won't be starting it until the following Thursday. Bummer. I always start on Thursdays so my rest day can be the day I'm at my parents. Too hard trying to work out at someone else's house 1x a week. I wanted to try and start it before the holidays just to keep my mojo rocking through the holidays. But this is probably for the best. Gives me something to go into 2012 with a bang with!!

I've got Christmas music playing, a Grinch shirt on, and I"m watching people walk around the office with hot cocoa and LOTS of cookies. It's funny - people really do seem to socialize and smile more during the holidays. :bigsmile:

Got 2 more servings of my soup to eat up today and tomorrow than I'll actually have to think about what to eat. That's a bummer too. And have to make Christmas cookies tonight.

Hope your packing and preparing are all sorted out. And that you have safe travels through the weekend!! Enjoy Josie (and all of your family of course but kids are so entertaining over holidays!!) for Christmas!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    How about I just looked up Turbo Fire's workout schedule and she actually has the workout week split to 2 days on, one off, 4 on so essentially if it comes on time, I could start the 26th!! Woot woot!! :bigsmile:
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    I'm BAACCCKKKKKK!!! Haha! How was your Christmas? We were all sick (Josie has RSV) so it was an adventure to say the least. All dieting efforts went out the window for the last 6 days and there is no way in hell I am weighing in tomorrow. I know I gained (pants are getting tight) and I don't want to deal with it just yet so I am back on and will just weigh in next Friday and hope it is close to what I was last week :laugh:

Have you started your TurboFire?
  • mamareese
    Options
    Oh my!! Poor Josie!! That is terrible. I hope that she is getting better quickly. It's hard enough having a sick baby but a sick family is even rougher. I do hope that you were able to enjoy some of your Christmas holiday with all the commotion. And 6 days in comparison to all you've been on here doing your thing is nothing! You'll be back at it and seeing those abs in no time. For sure!

I started Turbo Fire the day after Christmas. I finished up day 4 this morning. It's 2 days on, 1 off, 4 on which worked well with starting right away since I wanted Wednesdays off. I got up and did Tone 30 this morning only to find out that my HRM is not working. Going to have to investigate because it isnt' from not washing like it was last time. I think the part that links on your chest is dead. And I think I read you have to take it somewhere to be replaced. Which stinks because I don't exactly have a ****s Sporting Goods within a short drive. We'll see, we have some things that need returned to the bigger city stores so we may have to take a drive this weekend to do that and fix my heart rate monitor. This morning I tried to err on the side of caution and estimate low but it's been forever since I've done exercise calories I haven't worn the HRM enough lately to guess how I feel compared to how I burned. We'll see. Avoiding the scale until Friday. Christmas morning was 150 which would have put me down a pound if I hadn't went all yummy yummy on the foods at my parents. haha!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Thats so awesome you are almost breaking 150!!! Looks like you kept your goal of not going nuts over the holiday :laugh: Well I have to laugh. Josie is getting better slowly and at least sleeping well and then I get home from work yesterday and find my husband wrapped up in a blanket on the couch half comatose. I ask him what is wrong and he says he just feel sick and so cold. Awesome so I take Josie and send him to bed. Later that night he was throwing up his guts and running a fever so we were all staying very far away from him and Josie went to stay at my parents today. So I am just hoping that neither of us catch this illness. Seriously we can't seem to get ahead! :laugh:

That stinks about your heart rate monitor. Could it be your battery? How are you liking Turbofire? I am anxious to start back with my last month of S90 but I am giving it a few days of rest to finally beat this cold again before I start either this weekend or Monday. When I don't workout though I feel like my muscles are turning to fat :laugh:
  • mamareese
    Options
    :blushing: Yikes, you guys are getting smacked. Probably smart to get her out of there and avoid a second exposure to something when she isn't 100% already. Yoswer. Hopefully you kick this by the end of the week and can move forward!!

Yeh, weigh in was the same which after the holidays I expected. Plus it seems when I'm not at work I never seem to drink as much water, or anything for that matter. Have to work on that.

I like Turbo Fire so far. I started the Prep schedule thinking I should learn the moves but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just start next Monday with the regular schedule. I read alot of people started Prep to get ready for the intensity of it, which after Insanity wasn't my main concern. I just didn't want to be jumping around like a lost soul!!!!

I've got one more bad holiday event planned with taking the kids to the movies for New Years but that should be the only foreseeable obstacle in my near future (fingers crossed) aside from the plethora of birthdays that come in February! lol. The good thing is my Mom is getting back on WW after New Years with my Dad so hopefully I can eliminate bad choices there. Its not even like she offers me bad food, I just go find it!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Haha well just think that even if you are jumping around like a lost soul you are still burning calories! :laugh: Yeah New Year's is the only thing I have in my way as well but I seriously have no idea what sort of damage I did over the past week. Part of me says just get on the scale and see what is says but the other part of me says don't do it you will only be discouraged and upset. :laugh:

Have a fun New Year's weekend!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    We decided to swap out today's movie for ice skating last night. They were supposed to have double blade skates for little ones. Except my little ones have bigger than typical feet so they were stuck with single blades. Little man didn't last long but he was good about it. And big man loved it, he would have stayed if we could. I'm a terrible skater but it was fun watching him try without worrying about not getting it perfect. Something he's struggled with before. It was fun. So today is just a regular old day for us. :happy:

Had good workout late last night and then a core workout this morning. I'm definitely going to jump into the full Turbo Fire program on Monday. It was a nice preview in the prep schedule and I think it's great they added it for preparing you for Turbo Fire. Had this been my first program I probably would finish it out. I just think I need to go a little harder every day at this point in the game to really see results. So we'll see. DH took pictures the other day so I'll start on Monday and finish tomorrow with what's laid out on the Prep schedule.

How are you feeling? How's the family?
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Well our NYE was uneventful. Josie was asleep by 7 and my husband was asleep by 10pm. :laugh: Thankfully it seems like we are all getting back on the road to being healthy. Now my eating was pretty crappy over the weekend as well so I have to get that in check. I am sure once I see my baseline on the scale on Friday I will kick it into high gear. Pants are still too tight though haha

Skating sounds like fun. I can't skate at all. I never could rollerblade, roller skate or ice skate. I just blame it on my weak ankles :laugh:

So it is a federal holiday today but of course I don't have off. :angry: Boooo. At least it was a quick drive to work since no one else was on the road and it looks like it will be a quiet day.

Today was the first time I worked out in 11 days!! It was crazy. It was hard to stop working out on a regular basis when I left town but now it is hard to get back to a workout schedule. Funny how quickly your body gets used to something (like being lazy and eating crap:laugh: )
  • mamareese
    Options
    So glad you all are getting over the hump! I'm sure your family needed the rest!! We have off since I work for the county government. Been enjoying the kids one last day before work starts again and getting ready to whip up some soup.

We ended up canceling the movie thing but replaced it with a trip for CHinese last night. So when I did my Turbo Fire morning weigh in. I about screamed but that's what all that sodium does. Even if I ate moderately well considering...it's still soaked in sodium!! So back at it eating wise today and hit up the 1st day of regular classes for TF. Saw you were back to burning it up!!

I sent Polar an email about battery changes since technically mine is still under warranty and they prefer to change it if it is under warranty. BUt I haven't heard back yet and it's been 5 days. I'm going stir crazy guessing at calorie burns!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Oh I can imagine. I would be nutty as well trying to figure out what calories I am burning. Yeah sodium is a killer which is why the day before my weigh day I always track sodium and keep it under 2500grams. I don't really care the rest of the week since I don't have blood pressure issues but I know how it effects my weigh in so I always watch it the day before. Speak of this Friday will be the first weigh in since Christmas. All I am hoping for is just a moderate gain or no change. Finally my pants are starting to fit normally again so that is a good sign but probably just that I have undone some of the damage I did :laugh:

I wish I had the day off but the university I work for has a policy of not giving a weekday off when a holiday falls on a weekend. It was really bad this year since Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day all fell on weekends!! They did throw us a bone and gave us the day after Christmas because I expect there would have been a mutany if not but we still lost 2 of our holidays. Thankfully this year is a leap year so we will be getting all of those holidays this time around since it pushed all the holidays to weekdays.

Workout was rough today. It feels good to be back on the horse but wow I feel like I have lost so much ground in the 11 days that I have been out of the game. I don't know if it is from not working out that long, gaining alittle weight, or being sick all of that time but when I workout I feel so weak. It is probably a combination of all of these things. Just have to stick with it and get back in the routine! Hope you hear from Polar soon!!