The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options
Hello Everyone,

Today I start my diet. Just like everyone else here....I hope we are successful and make goals. I'm here because my boyfriend last week said to me. I would not marry you at the size you are now. But I know you COULD BE beautiful. Then he said....Let's get real....You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat. Well he is now blocked from my phone and I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for ME. I don't have tons of friends so I'm looking forward to this website because I know people will understand the struggles that I am facing. I am definately a person who "eats for what's eating me". But I hope by the posts I read from others it keeps me motivated. So good luck to everyone and stay POSITIVE!!!! Pam

Replies

• lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    wow im lost for words.... what a b******d!!!!!!

Good on you for doing this for yourself - you have come to the right place as it's full of encouragement and motivation!! Sending you a request now :o)

Lisa
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely terrible! I am so sorry you had to hear that! I have a few choice words for that loser right now!
    I'm so glad you blocked him, and I hope that you move on from him because he is not worth your time at all!
    You're beautiful either way, no matter your size and I admire that you're staying positive and doing this for yourself!
    Wow. I am still shocked, you don't deserve that! I hope you can find someone that sees you for the person you truly are!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OMG glad you got rid of him! That's horrible for him to say!! Sounds like he is a loser. Congrats on finding MFP. There are so many supportive ppl on here. Good luck to you. Keep your chin up - you are worth it! Ooh that sounded like a L'oreal commercial LOL!!
  • ritamerlot
    ritamerlot Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    dropping him is the best start ever...

hugs
  • sswift76
    sswift76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Needless to say, he does not deserve to be in your life! Do this for yourself and you will feel amazing! :) Good luck, we're all right along here with you. :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Good for you! We'll show him, let him eat his heart out when you hit those goals!
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely awful, noone should say that to anyone and I'm glad you had the strength to block him from your phone.

Good luck!
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    WoW he's an *kitten*... AND GREAT FOR U!!! Im marryd and just had my 4th daughter; although i know my husband means when he tell's me he loves me and im beautiful I personally dont feel completely satisfied with my figure. So i'm with you all the way, i'm doing this first and for most ME, Myself and i !! :flowerforyou:
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Request on its way :flowerforyou:
    I'm lost for words :noway: Best rid!
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you got rid of him! Welcome! I love love love this website, I've already lost 10 pounds! It's so easy and it keeps you super accountable, Love it!.Feel free to add me! :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me I'm beautiful every day! He doesn't care what weight I am. That's the kind of man you want to have around!!! :)
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Wow.... I sure hope you did more than block his number from your phone! He doesn't need to be in your life! *just my two cents*

You are going to love this site.

Stay motivated and do this for you. Forget him!!!!!

So, basically was he just telling you that he was there to just 'screw you?' Sorry, but I can't get over that! Just down right evil!!!

Anyway... you are beautiful right now! Losing weight just makes you all beautiful on the inside and gives you a new outlook on healthy choices that keep you looking and feeling your best!

Happy Day!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    WOW! I was so happy when I got to the part where you left him. Take care of you!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What a horrible excuse for a human being!! He doesn't deserve you, regardless of what size you are!! Karma will take care of him!! This site is amazing and full of really wonderful people. You can do this, because you are doing it for you!!! Good luck!
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Please feel free to add me for motivational support. Good luck reaching your weight loss goals. You deserve to be treated better then that.
  • aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    Options
    I am lost for words! Just keep your chin up and stay positive.
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm so sorry! What a jerk...

Here I thought having a truck full of college boys laugh, point and yell out the window "Look at the fat chick on the bike!" (I was riding my motorcycle at the time) was bad.

They suck!
  • funobnurse
    funobnurse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pam,

Congrats! for taking the first step to "Marrying" yourself. Love for self is the first love. It 's not going to be easy breaking those old habits, but it will be worth it in the long run. Know that you're not alone and help is available to help you succeed... Tonya
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Omg what a jerk. Congratulations for getting rid of him & good luck with your weight loss!
  • jojoship
    jojoship Posts: 1
    Options
    What a mean thing to stay, he doesn't know what he'll be missing. Stay strong. I am also new to MFP but not the dieting thing, I am like a yoyo off an on and my goal is to stick with it this time. I need all the help and ideas I can get.

jojo