The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options

Replies

• traciemaurie
    Options
    You dumped the most important weight first -- the 150+ (or whatever amount of pounds) that jerk weighs! Keep him out of your life. You don't need that kind of crap.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I`m a bloke so let me give you my perspective on this if you please.

Well obviously I am totally shocked at the statement, and cant believe I read that correctly.

How dare you block him from your phone!What gives you the right to.....

CRACK!

*Wife slaps GeordieBear across head*
    *Teenage daughters wait in line to do same*

Ahem, no seriously, what an ars&*ole he obviously is.
    My wife`s weight has never been an issue for me,I love her unconditionally, and in fact I dont "see" her as being overweight at all, she is just the woman I love and the Mother of my kids.

For him to even say the first part was bad enough but to then say the latter well you are well rid of him.
    Believe me when I say if he can say that to your face, he can no doubt say so much worse to his friends.

Dump the little *kitten*, reach your goal with the help from us on here, and then get yourself a proper man who will appreciate you for you, no matter what shape you are.

Best of luck

I am a lucky girl ,I cant believe your ex said that to you who on earth does he think he is !!! Your well shot of him and PLEASE dont ever take him back x Feel free to add me as a friend we can support each other :smile:
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    D*ck!

You are worth so much more than that, and we are all beautiful no matter what size we are!

His attitude sucks, at least you can do something about your weight, should you wish to.

We are a lovely bunch and will support you through your journey no matter what....there's no prejudice on here.

Love to you, hope you're okay.

Cheryl
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :)

and good for you on dropping that looser look at it this way hun you are already on your way to successfull weight loss, you just dropped at least 160lbs of a no good man.

so keep it moving girl !!.

friend me if you need to we'll show him together that he just lost the best thing that ever happend to him.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a weasel. Good for you - kicking him to the curb. You deserve better --- Your value is not determined by the # on the scale. I'm sending you a friend request. Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good for you for joining MFP and taking control of your life by ending your relationship with that man. You'll find a lot of supportive and wonderful people on this site, and I'll send you a friend request because I'd like to be one of them. You have a great day and together with all of us you can achieve your goals. :happy:
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was the largest I have ever been at my wedding.

I know it was probably difficult in some ways to end it with your boyfriend: thank goodness you did it!

I'm glad you're getting healthy for YOU. You sound like a strong person, I know you can do this. You'll find someone who loves you for you.
  • Runnergirl0430
    Options
    Girl, you need to dump him. I'm glad you were able to see that he is not good for you. You can do this...and once you get to where you want to be ...you can send him a pic to remind him what he will never have :p
  • gwenpcaudill
    Options
    People should love you no matter what size you wear. While this guy may have fulfilled a need at one time, he is definitely not worth your worries or time now. And while that is very easy for me to say, YOU are strong and beautiful and can make it happen on your side!

This journey that you are starting has to be for YOU! If you set your mind to it and want to do it for the right reason, it will be easy! The site is wonderful for inspiration and support - stick with it and you can rub it in his face when you are skinny minny!
  • mindyrosy
    mindyrosy Posts: 38
    Options
    Okay...everyone will probably hate me now. My husband of almost 32 years can also be a real jerk at times. But some men just don't have a nice way to say the truth.....being fat is a turn off and you need to do this for you, but he is maybe critical because he wants you to be healthy - men can be very hurtful...sometimes the truth hurts - we all need to grow a thicker skin at times. OK - please please please don't hate me - I just think he got you to start taking care of you - but not very nicely! AARGH!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Oh, Honey! I am sooooo sorry! But you have so much to be proud of - you dumped him before he could get even MORE abusive! THAT takes a big heart & a strong character! Welcome to MFP!!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a jerk. You did the right thing by blocking him. NO man is worth your self-worth. If my husband would have said that to me before we got married, we wouldn't be married. He married me bigger than I am now, and my journey is for me and my children (not him). I have made that very clear. I want to be healthy and be around for a while.

Anway, I am getting off track. You have come to the right place. You will find alot of amazing people here who struggle just like you. It isn't an easy thing sometimes, and most like you will fall off a time or two. The main thing is to pick yourself back up and keep going. Determination and will power will take you far (trust me). I will add you for extra support/encouragement. Don't be afraid to ask question, someone should have the answer. Welcome aboard.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today I start my diet. Just like everyone else here....I hope we are successful and make goals. I'm here because my boyfriend last week said to me. I would not marry you at the size you are now. But I know you COULD BE beautiful. Then he said....Let's get real....You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat. Well he is now blocked from my phone and I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for ME. I don't have tons of friends so I'm looking forward to this website because I know people will understand the struggles that I am facing. I am definately a person who "eats for what's eating me". But I hope by the posts I read from others it keeps me motivated. So good luck to everyone and stay POSITIVE!!!! Pam

^^^^ HIGHFIVES sister!!! He would be my SOLE motivation now!! NOT because I would want his sorry *kitten* back, but to BE HIS version of beautiful and rub it in his face.
    "You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat." Well, anyone but YOU *kitten*!! You're no longer invited.
    Give me his address... he needs a 'talkin to'!! :devil: :wink: He may change his mind after our chat!! Just sayin...
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    So what's this jerk's name so I can hunt him down on FB and tell him I wouldn't even screw him because he's an *kitten*?
  • baumhoff
    baumhoff Posts: 30
    Options
    pamw....my exhusband did the same to me......got rid of him and now I am married to the most amazing man and never knew I could be so happy or what i was missing. It hurts like a bi%ch when it happens but you can only be better off without him!!! I wish you nothing but the best and you are strong to make the decisions you have!!! I am sending you a friend request...I'd love to hear how things go for you!!!!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today I start my diet. Just like everyone else here....I hope we are successful and make goals. I'm here because my boyfriend last week said to me. I would not marry you at the size you are now. But I know you COULD BE beautiful. Then he said....Let's get real....You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat. Well he is now blocked from my phone and I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for ME. I don't have tons of friends so I'm looking forward to this website because I know people will understand the struggles that I am facing. I am definately a person who "eats for what's eating me". But I hope by the posts I read from others it keeps me motivated. So good luck to everyone and stay POSITIVE!!!! Pam

So I kinda have the opposite issue... My boyfriend of 6 years likes "bigger" women and he tells me if i lose to much weight then he will leave me.... Um... Aint they suppose to love us no matter what?! Im sorry buddy but my health is so much more important then you are. Smh... Im sorry to hear what your boyfriend has said to you... We look down on ourselves for our weight enough on our own, it definetly hurts when the ppl around us look down on us for it too. I added you as a friend, we can get thru this together! :smile:
  • Maya1979
    Maya1979 Posts: 37
    Options
    The guy is a total jerk. Leaving him was a good thing.
  • soonskinny01
    Options
    WTG Pam..you just got rid of a TON OF DEAD WEIGHT, by getting rid of him.
    Sending a request now.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request.... what an *kitten*. You go for it! And know there are 7 pages worth of people here (and really MORE than that!) ready to help you.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I just came across this thread and although I didnt read all of it... I wanna echo the sentiments of what I've seen so far!! That guy is an A** h*le for saying something like that to you! Congratulations on losing the first set of dead weight in your life!! HIM!! As individuals, we need to ALWAYS remember our worth and NEVER let anyone berate or belittle us, no matter what! Good for you girl!! Good luck on your new life!!