The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Good for you for dropping that loser and you are in the right place now. Do this for you! Good luck on your journey and welcome to MFP!
  • selvaggiarte
    Options
    you can do it!
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    wow what a *kitten*!!! when you lose the weight and he tries to say sorry and get you back you can say "hellll no buddy! and you can never do better than me!" ;)
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today I start my diet. Just like everyone else here....I hope we are successful and make goals. I'm here because my boyfriend last week said to me. I would not marry you at the size you are now. But I know you COULD BE beautiful. Then he said....Let's get real....You can get anyone to "screw you"....but no one will marry you, cause your fat. Well he is now blocked from my phone and I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for ME. I don't have tons of friends so I'm looking forward to this website because I know people will understand the struggles that I am facing. I am definately a person who "eats for what's eating me". But I hope by the posts I read from others it keeps me motivated. So good luck to everyone and stay POSITIVE!!!! Pam

Holy *kitten*.
    I'm so glad that you've moved past that loser. No offense or anything, but he sounds like a complete a-hole.

You can do this, and for the record you look gorgeous now :-)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    dropping him is the best start ever...

hugs

Absolutely - who needs to be carrying that kind of millstone around with them? Apologies if you were fond of him but anyone who can say something like that is vile, IMO, even if it was said in jest.

You'll find loads of fantastic support here, and will make lots of new friends who genuinely care about you, and who want the best for you. Do feel free to send me a friend request if you like. And in the meantime, welcome to the first day of the new, healthier you! :flowerforyou:
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    and good job on blocking his number
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had to hear that. What does that say about him though if he's one of those people who are only looking for sex? Obviously he's not mature and certainly not worthy of your time, love or energy. Bravo to you for cutting him loose and deciding to have positive people in your life.

You can do this - one day at a time or even one meal at a time. One small failure doesn't mean the end of your journey. Each choice is a step forward and you can correct your path at any moment. Find what works for you. Remember we're all unique and everyone responds to things differently. Try a lot of things honestly and see what works and what fits in your lifestyle. Don't make too many changes at once so you can honestly evaluate what's working and what isn't.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    You lost the most important weight of all right off the start (how much did he weigh?) I'll send you a friend request; surround yourself with positive, supportive individuals. :happy:
  • amyjo1991
    amyjo1991 Posts: 6
    Options
    Add me to your friends on MVP.We can lose wieght together.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    OMG.. What a A**Hole ! Good for you.. Kick that jerk to the curb. Good luck and welcome.
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    wow! WTF!! glad you got rid of him!!!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are you effin kidding me?? What a douche bag!!!! Seriously I hope you are truly done with that guy....you deserve a guy who will love you no matter what...DANG Im still ticked..where the heck is my BP medication!!!
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both are on here and we both have lost a good amount of weight! It helps to keep track and have Fitness Pals keep you focused! I am sorry to hear that your EX-Boyfriend is such a *kitten*! Yes there are people on here that will understand your feelings! Good luck and stay focused on your goals!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend say something similar to me once as well.
    Him:" if you don't lose weight in a month then I'm leaving you"
    Me; "Why wait"
    No one needs to be blackmailed for love.
    Good on you for dumping his *kitten* and getting on with your own life
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    This makes me sick!!! Get healthy for yourself and then you're going to look hot! and in the back of your mind it will be a mental F You to him when he can see what you look like after all the hard work! you go girl! It's just more motivation to do the right thing
  • ITeach36
    ITeach36 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well, I hope you not only blocked him from your phone, but from YOUR LIFE as well. I'm sure that his negative energy was always apparent, and if he felt like he was doing YOU a favor by dating you, he is not the man you want in your life. I give him a big, "CHILD, PLEASE!" and a kick to the curb!!

They say that living well is the best revenge, and I know that you will work hard to be the best you that you can be. And when you're looking all fine and sassy and pass him on the street with your NEW man, you won't have to say a word! LOL ☺
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That was cruel and a lie! Glad to hear that it is fueling the positive in you, and that you blocked that d**che nozzle! Welcome to the site!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No words to describe such behavior. But it is better to find out what he is really like now rather than later. Definitely get him out of your life, no looking back.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    OMG! Speechless! WTF?!?!!! GOOD for you for being strong enough to drop that loser!!!

To begin your journey, one bit of unsolicited advice . . . :) Download the MFP app on your phone (if you haven't already). It has helped me get through the weekends, making it easy to stay on track.

Good luck to you!!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    What a jerk! Nobody has any right to talk to another that way. I don't care how small or big you are! Good for you for walking away! Good luck on your journey to health!