The meanest thing anyone has ever said.....

Options

Replies

• SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Love love love what Yolanda said!
  • ahelms
    ahelms Posts: 1
    Options
    Dump the jerk-who is he? You are a beautiful woman and some man will feel lucky to have you. Keep up the positive thoughts and get rid of all the negative.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! I'm glad you told him to kick rocks. You don't deserve someone telling you that. Glad you are doing it for yourself and not for him!

I agree. He should kick rocks.....in traffic.
  • SoNotIram
    SoNotIram Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow that is so wrong! Well welcome and good luck. I'm new as well, I joined a few days ago but I actually just started today so yeah, good luck :)
  • callymac66
    callymac66 Posts: 20
    Options
    omg - looks like you've already lost 170+ibs of ugly fat - well done you for not listening to that rubbish. The best motivation you can get is doing for yourself, but it will surely be sweet when you pass him by at target weight looking smokin
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My buddy and I were out to a restaurant and he is in good shape. The waitress says to him when she was taking our order that she noticed my buddy was in great shape and really looked like he worked out. I said to her jokingly .. how about me ... do I look like I work out .. she turned to me and in front of everyone said .. HUH .. you sure don't !!!!! I was crushed !!

if you're profile pic is of you... was she blind????
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Men can be so stinking mean. I am glad you called it over and you take care of yourself. I just started on here also so I will be glad to be a friend. Stand strong and know you have lots of support here.
    Smiles, Amanda
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    girl, kick him to the curb and don't look back! an ex of mine told me God had told him we were supposed to get married, but he (not He of course) had the argument that I was too fat. I saw him 10 years later, brought this up, and he said he was using that as a childish reason for not wanting to settle down or something. jack @$$. let's just say I've fared way better than he in life over the years!!

and always remember that you get healthy for YOU, no one else!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! MFP is a great place to be! :flowerforyou:

My two cents on that guy - he sounds like an *kitten* clown. Dropping him will be the quickest way to lose weight.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Good for you LOSING him !!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    unacceptable behavior. kick him to the curb. i had an ex treat me that way...hes gaaaawwwwnnn! you are better than that. dont change your life for him. change it for you.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    what an a**hole.USE it as motivation!any guy who says that is so not worth it.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    How mean, he doesn't deserve to have you in his life! You should only do this for yourself, no one else. My husband wonders why I am loosing weight its because I wanted to feel healthier and better about myself, have more confidence - unfortunately he thinks it's because I want to be with someone else and leave him but that's another long story lol. Be strong, it's hard work but try and enjoy it if you can I do! I love the people on here, they are so understanding as they know exactly how you feel. Together we can be strong!!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • MamaByGrace8
    MamaByGrace8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It took a lot of strength to block him from your phone (and hopefully from your life!!)--now please don't ever take him back. Don't ever give him a backward glance or let him talk you into giving him one more chance. A guy like that can sweet talk you one moment and send you into the depths of despair the next with his self-centered cruelty. Don't let him!! He will only abuse you for the duration of your relationship, no matter what your weight is. You'll never meet his "standards" because there will always be something else for him to gripe about and he'll always have a wandering eye. Get off of the emotional roller coaster--you deserve better! Be free! And one day a REAL man will come and sweep you off your feet and he will love you--and only you--exactly FOR WHO YOU ARE, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, forever. Hugs to you!
  • GeordieBear
    Options
    I`m a bloke so let me give you my perspective on this if you please.

Well obviously I am totally shocked at the statement, and cant believe I read that correctly.

How dare you block him from your phone!What gives you the right to.....

CRACK!

*Wife slaps GeordieBear across head*
    *Teenage daughters wait in line to do same*

Ahem, no seriously, what an ars&*ole he obviously is.
    My wife`s weight has never been an issue for me,I love her unconditionally, and in fact I dont "see" her as being overweight at all, she is just the woman I love and the Mother of my kids.

For him to even say the first part was bad enough but to then say the latter well you are well rid of him.
    Believe me when I say if he can say that to your face, he can no doubt say so much worse to his friends.

Dump the little *kitten*, reach your goal with the help from us on here, and then get yourself a proper man who will appreciate you for you, no matter what shape you are.

Best of luck
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Glad you dumped the idiot. On behalf of the real men in the audience.... We are sorry for the actions of this bozo :wink:
    Great job moving forward and putting yourself first. There wil be bigger and better things out there for you...just be patient.
    :smile:

Real men - love it!
  • MrsKAddy
    MrsKAddy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So glad that you kicked him to the "curb". You are beautiful just as you stand right now!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What a jerk. Dump his *kitten*.

I would have said, "Really... well, I'm not going to marry you because of your bad attitude. I can do something bout my weight.... There is no fix for being an a-hole"
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    We've all experienced nasty rude comments, but to hear it from someone who is supposed to love you is the worst! Sounds like you already dropped some dead weight. Good luck on your journey. If you need a friend feel free to add me.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey and you can add me as a friend if you wish 1