P90X: Bringin' it! June-Sept

Options

Replies

• katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Decided to go for a run tonight instead of cardio workout - 42 mins running 5.5 miles (i'm a new runner) 679cals burnt!

AWESOME run! I decided to run instead of plyo, too. Feels good to throw the ipod on, watch some HGTV, and zone out while burning calories :)
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    agreed! and it feels amazing to be ABLE to do a run aswell as P90x back when i did the shred i wasnt fit enough to throw in a run, so is lovely to loose yourself in the pounding feet!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90X Day 30 complete - Treadmill instead of Plyometrics tonight
    Duration: 01:38:44
    Calories: 1055
    Fat Burn: 00:14:06
    Fitness: 01;23:45
    Average HR: 126
    Maximum HR: 140

I decided to do a long fast walk on the treadmill tonight instead of Plyometrics.

The tendon on my left ankle was a little sore this last week and I didn't think all that jumping in Plyo would be a good idea.

I have flat feet and this weekend I decided to buy one of those Dr. Scholl's orthodic inserts for my shoes. Walmart has one of those computer kiosks that you step on to determine which insert is correct for your feet. Boy, did that make a HUGE difference. I never realized how tired and sore my feet were getting with all this walking and jumping. This inserts make me feel that I can walk forever and never get tired. It only took a couple days of using them for my ankle to nearly stop bothering me and for my feet to feel great!
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Nice work guys ;)
    Great to see committed X'ers. Phase 2 is going to work on endurance - feeling weak after all those pushups?
    Don't be too critical on your apparent lack of progress. Have a friend (better yet, a stranger) compare your before and after pics. They are much more perceptive about progress. Everybody has SOMETHING about their body they want to change, and often can't see past that to their progress.
    Your guys' number look awesome though
    Bring it!
    You could be a Spartan/Amazonian Warrior for Halloween :)
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 25& 26 Done Yesterday! Ok, so I fell off the wagon and took 3 whole days off!! and to make matters worse I ate terrible to go with it luckily for me I didn’t gain any weight (very Lucky) so I doubled up yesterday and today to catch myself up so Day 30 will be tomorrow for me! I'm excited to get back at it again and see more results..
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    did the chest and triceps one tonight and really didnt do that well, its nice to have started that one though as its another fresh new challenge for me todo!
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hhhmm Chest, Shoulder, Triceps is a big fat drag. Too many gimmicks. I mean you already have to be fit to be able to do the weird exercises. Sorry , One handed push ups. Give me a break There were 5 exercises I didnt even try. thats redilulous. Tony that is not the best workout.
    Now the one I did yesterday, back and biceps was pretty demanding and had some serious calorie burn.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    This is my 3rd round of P90X and I still skip the one handed push ups. When I come to an exercise that I think is too hard or takes more coordination than I have I just do a different exercise that I can do. When they get to one handed push ups, I just do regular push ups instead.
    Hhhmm Chest, Shoulder, Triceps is a big fat drag. Too many gimmicks. I mean you already have to be fit to be able to do the weird exercises. Sorry , One handed push ups. Give me a break There were 5 exercises I didnt even try. thats redilulous. Tony that is not the best workout.
    Now the one I did yesterday, back and biceps was pretty demanding and had some serious calorie burn.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 31 complete - Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper
    Duration: 01:11:00
    Calories: 603
    Fat Burn: 00:40:34
    Fitness: 00:30:06
    Average HR: 113
    Maximum HR: 161
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    i actually managed to do about 2 of the one handed push ups but yes there were quite a few moves on that tape i couldnt do but boy oh boy do i hurt loads today!
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 32 complete - Rest/Stretch

I decided to use yesterday as my Rest/Stretch day this week.
  • evelyn602
    Options
    Day 31 done yesterday! Chest, shoulders and triceps and like VBtim180 & ljd0693 I found this one a little ridiculous!! 1 handed push ups, clapping push ups, and the pike press like really? I tried to do the 1 handed push ups and couldn’t do it and fell knocked all the wind out of me lol. I did finally get the scale to move today only 1 pound but since I’m practically in my goal weight,
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yah, I forgot about Pikes Press lol. WHEN I do this routine again I will be just doing regular push ups. I can bust out some regular and wide push ups . military are a little bit difficult though. day 32 done .

Day 31 done yesterday! Chest, shoulders and triceps and like VBtim180 & ljd0693 I found this one a little ridiculous!! 1 handed push ups, clapping push ups, and the pike press like really? I tried to do the 1 handed push ups and couldn’t do it and fell knocked all the wind out of me lol. I did finally get the scale to move today only 1 pound but since I’m practically in my goal weight,
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 33 complete - Kenpo (instead of Yoga)
    Duration: 01:02:45
    Calories: 632
    Fat Burn: 00:19:30
    Fitness: 00:43:15
    Average HR: 122
    Maximum HR: 164

It was hard talking myself into exercising tonight but since I went way over my calories tonight I took a nap and then a little Jack 3D to give me the energy to do it. I needed to burn off those 632 calories!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well I have found my new favorite excerise. I LOVE Back & Biceps! The corn cobb pull ups were very interesting! I think I like this workout more because I still can't do regular pull ups, so I have to use a chair, lol. If I were doing them for real I'm sure this wouldn't be my favorite workout anymore. I also agree that Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps was a little demanding. I managed to do the clap push ups in girl mode, but I looked like I had shallowed a jelly fish when I saw Tony do the plyo version of that where he was clapping his hands and feet together! O.O
  • ljd0693
    Options
    P90X Day 34 complete - Hiking w/trekking poles (instead of Legs & Back)
    Duration: 03:26:10
    Calories: 2028
    Fat Burn: 01:12:20
    Fitness: 02:12:04
    Average HR: 121
    Maximum HR: 168

I'll do Ab Ripper later tonight.
  • evelyn602
    Options
    Day 32 done! Pylometrics I still find this one very hard my stamina is definetly getting better but it's still challenging enough where I get a good calorie burn and drenched in sweat at the end.
  • FHWguy
    FHWguy Posts: 15
    Options
    Week 5's Yoga done, and I kicked butt this time. Although I can't do warrior 3's moves I nailed the rest pretty much. Finally was able to do crane too. Although I did fall on my face at the end which really hurt.

Going to finally start the phase 1 diet on Monday. While I have greatly increased my strength and endurance, I'm not losing fat at all. The scale isn't moving. Hoping I can change that this coming week.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Options
    Ok i have to throw in the towel, i've had next to no time to fit in p90x workouts this last 6 days and i'm starting work again next week, theres no chance at all i'm gonna still fit in an hour a day!!

I'll definately do it again though, and i'll still do the workouts whenever i have time but its back to runnign for me for the time being, till the kids are in playschool at least!
  • evelyn602
    Options
    Day 33 done!!! Back & biceps my arms are on fire now!! I still can't do a pull up without the help of a chair and its frustrating I'm not sure I'm doing it right I always feel like I'm usitng the chair too much!! I was hoping by now I would be able to do one but that hasn't happened yet.