Options
    7/1/11: 752
    7/2/11: 730
    7/3/11: 614
    7/4/11: 417
    7/5/11: 1,075
    7/6/11: 615 (New cals to log)
    7/7/11: 600 (New cals to log)

*chickabittie* - No, I am not a runner, but a gym lover! I have a nice gym, and I should be using it every day! I go to Equinox.

*To ALL* - Sorry, I haven't been able to read everyone's posts/profiles, and will try to be more active on this thread in the coming days. But be rest assured that I will make my contribution to our FRIDAY DOUBLE CAL day worth it!
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, as your captain I wasnt to thank and congratulate everyone for there excellent completion of the first week of te row the world challenge. Evey bit helps and this has really been a team effort.

It is now my pleasure to award the first ever SHRINK OR SINK WEEKLY BURN AWARDS

The Burn of the Week Award goes to Samerah12 for her 1894 caloirie burn on 7/3.

The Big Burner Award goes to emmaLiegh47 for an impressive week one daily average of over 946 calories.

Great going to everyone. Next friday we will add the Most Improved Burn Award (biggest week to week change) and Double Burner Award (most calories burned on double calorie friday).
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    7/8: 794 (polar FT7 HRM, 6 mile run, 78 minutes)

Bummer it wasn't a long run day! Backpacking is out for the weekend, too hot. Just heard a friend died from heat stroke yesterday fighting a wildfire. Has me spooked.

I'll stil shoot for a 1500 cal burn on sunday though. Either in the yard or maybe I'll go run trails.
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    How many of us are using heart rate monitor on this boat? What brand /model is it? Post your reply in the same message w/ your exercise cals and type of exercise you did and amount of time.

Just curious to see what everyone's doing and whether or not it's time for me to get a new heart rate monitor.

Mine is polar F6, circa 2008 model. :(
    I tested it at an authorized dealer recently, and they said my transmitter on the chest strap is reading 50% inaccurately, and the elliptical machines at the gym are telling me that I burn anywhere from 50-100 calories MORE than what I'm recording on my heart rate montior's watch unit.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    How many of us are using heart rate monitor on this boat? What brand /model is it? Post your reply in the same message w/ your exercise cals and type of exercise you did and amount of time.

Just curious to see what everyone's doing and whether or not it's time for me to get a new heart rate monitor.

I tested it at an authorized dealer recently, and they said my transmitter on the chest strap is reading 50% inaccurately, and the elliptical machines at the gym are telling me that I burn anywhere from 50-100 calories MORE than what I'm recording on my heart rate montior's watch unit.

I have a Polar FT4. Mine is pretty accurate (I can tell that the little heart pulse on the watch matches my actual heart rate). I would imagine its possible that after some time, the things just go bad. Go with what's on the machine for now and get a new HRM, is what I'd do. Polar is still supposed to be the best though, as far as makes. There's a new 7 version. I don't think they're making 4s anymore and now there's a 7. So, 6's replaced the 4s and 7s have replaced the 6s and are of course more expensive. **sighs** I got mine just a few months ago so my research is pretty recent. Of course, they could have changed their minds in that time and decided to keep 4s on the market after all................. but if you've had a 6, then I'd guess that another 6 or the upgraded 7 would be your best bet. Then again, what do I know? I'm still a newbie to all thsi relatively speaking. :-) I hope that helps!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, as your captain I wasnt to thank and congratulate everyone for there excellent completion of the first week of te row the world challenge. Evey bit helps and this has really been a team effort.

It is now my pleasure to award the first ever SHRINK OR SINK WEEKLY BURN AWARDS

The Burn of the Week Award goes to Samerah12 for her 1894 caloirie burn on 7/3.

The Big Burner Award goes to emmaLiegh47 for an impressive week one daily average of over 946 calories.

Great going to everyone. Next friday we will add the Most Improved Burn Award (biggest week to week change) and Double Burner Award (most calories burned on double calorie friday).

Congrats Samerah ... :)
    I feel honored to accept this award on behalf of all of the wonderful people here at Shrink or Sink.
    I feel horrible that the two days picked for double burn days are both my rest days ... I have to rest today ... tomorrow is a 10mile hill run ... and then Sunday I have to rest after the run ... sorry guys!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options

I have a Polar FT40. I LOVE it! Its very accurate
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    7/8- 468 x2 =936
    For the double mile day. : )
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    277 for me today...that is not doubled.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    664 for me x2 = 1328
  • timeforme23
    Options
    I should have a 4 digit day on Sunday as well (without the doubling)
    001971 Posts: 22
    Options
    7/08: 700 x 2= 1400 for me today
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great burns everybody.

I put in a 20 mile bike ride today at a pretty good clip add walking a couple miles around campus at lunch and I was able to put together my best burn of the competition.1361.

Actually felt like riding a little longer but I had an appointment to keep.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    Well guys.. I don't feel like doing a thing (it's after 10) but I'm getting ready to get off my keister and get it done. I'll report in when finished.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I'm sorry guys.. I guess last night took alot out of me. I only got it 221. :-( All of level 1 Shred (a first in a long time so there IS something happening in there!) and a whole 5 or 6 minutes of zumba. x2 that 442. **sighs** Sorry. I really wanted to be able to give more.
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    /1/11: 752
    7/2/11: 730
    7/3/11: 614
    7/4/11: 417
    7/5/11: 1,075
    7/6/11: 615
    7/7/11: 600
    7/8/11: 764 (New cals to log) X 2=1528

Today's included elliptical 30 min, cleaning 90 min, and power yoga 90 min. I underestimated the cleaning cals just to make sure I actually did burn some cals!!

Swept the outside balcony, cleaned mountain bike, 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed, moved large patio junk into the dumpster, cleaned out mud from planters with dead plants. Tons of stuff right there but MFP only gave me 259 cals for cleaning, seems like it should be more considering the warm day.

Anyhoo....

MUTH3RLUVX2--thanks for the info on HRMs that you researched. I want an F7 now! I will make that a mini goal for myself if I have some extra money.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options

I use a KiFit (UK's version of Bodymedia Fit - exactly the same thing)....

Is everyone counting calories for non- exercise activities? If so, there are quite a couple of (1 mile or more) walks that I haven't counted for?

So, should I count them?

This morning so far, I've completed ChaLean Extreme circuit - 169 calories
    I'm planning on doing Turbo Fire class or c25k later
  • marianne_s
    Options
    Did Turbo Fire 30 instead.... another 325 calories
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Is everyone counting calories for non- exercise activities? If so, there are quite a couple of (1 mile or more) walks that I haven't counted for?

I post what I log on MFP, except yard work. I only log half the yard work on MFP but I post it all on here.
  • marianne_s
    Options
    Here are all of my calorie burns so far, including my walks.... I don't log my walks on MFP, because my activity level is set to lightly active.

01/07 - 194 calories burned (walk)
    03/07 - 632 calories burned
    04/07 - 566 calories burned
    05/07 - 479 (exercise) + 523 (2.5 mile walk) = 1002 calories burned
    09/07 - 494 calories burned