30 Day Slimdown

Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello

I am starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown routine on Monday. Was wondering if anybody would fancy to join?

Everyone welcome :smile:

Replies

• ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Is that the same as the 30 day shred?
  • tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    I am doing that too! I just finished day 24 this morning... might do day 25 this evening since I will be out all day tomorrow and they are cardio vs strength training. Good luck - this training is TOUGH! At least, to me it is.
  • Daisy80
    Is that the same as the 30 day shred?

Not quite. It is a certain routine of Jillian Michaels workouts. You do the shred plus Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.

It seems like fun as I think I would get bored of doing the Shred only....
  • Daisy80
    I am doing that too! I just finished day 24 this morning... might do day 25 this evening since I will be out all day tomorrow and they are cardio vs strength training. Good luck - this training is TOUGH! At least, to me it is.

Wow! Well done for coming so far! I have tried the DVD's so i know what I have coming :wink:

If you don't mind me asking but what sort of results have you got so far?
  • tifffanyD
    lol, well last week I gained 3 lbs but I think it was just water weight cause I am back down now.

I went down a size in pants so far and can see my triceps now! I haven't really paid much attention to measurements but I definitely feel a lot stronger!

I also do zumba on some days (yesterday was just quick trouble zones so a shorter workout so I did a 45 min zumba dvd afterwards)... and that helps too!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Do you do all 3 every day? I have BFBM and really rate it but need more/ more variety now so by coincidence have just ordered 30 DS and no more trouble zones. I reckon I could do 2 a day but I have 3 kids aged 5 and under so reckon I will struggle to do all 3 every day...
  • Daisy80
    lol, well last week I gained 3 lbs but I think it was just water weight cause I am back down now.

I went down a size in pants so far and can see my triceps now! I haven't really paid much attention to measurements but I definitely feel a lot stronger!

I also do zumba on some days (yesterday was just quick trouble zones so a shorter workout so I did a 45 min zumba dvd afterwards)... and that helps too!

Down a pant size in that short time is a good result isn't it? Well done again!! I'd like to try Zumba! It sounds fun!
  • Daisy80
    Do you do all 3 every day? I have BFBM and really rate it but need more/ more variety now so by coincidence have just ordered 30 DS and no more trouble zones. I reckon I could do 2 a day but I have 3 kids aged 5 and under so reckon I will struggle to do all 3 every day...

No you don't do all 3 a day...I think the schedule looks quite doable.Of course I don't have kids myself and I can imagine how difficult it must be to find time. I'[ll post it here for you. I have only just found it myself thanks to a lovely lady posting it. Her results were amazing and part of her routine was this schedule.

Let me know if you fancy doing it and we could start together...

Here is the schedule:

30 Day Slimdown Schedule

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Hmmm... that looks really doable, and since I'm finishing up my first round of the 30 DS, I was looking for something to do next. However, i don't have a couple of those, so I guess I might do it, but just work in the ones I have access to (30DS, 6 Week 6 Pack, Boost Metabolism, and Shred it With Weights) for now and see how that goes.

Sounds like fun!
  • Daisy80
    Hmmm... that looks really doable, and since I'm finishing up my first round of the 30 DS, I was looking for something to do next. However, i don't have a couple of those, so I guess I might do it, but just work in the ones I have access to (30DS, 6 Week 6 Pack, Boost Metabolism, and Shred it With Weights) for now and see how that goes.

Sounds like fun!

I am sure that'll work just as well! And maybe at some point you'll get the others :smile:

So shall we give it a go? What are your results from the Shred? Are you happy?

Plus I love your mini goals...could be mine...especially the tattoo :smile:
  • tifffanyD
    Down a pant size in that short time is a good result isn't it? Well done again!! I'd like to try Zumba! It sounds fun!

Yes down a pant size is great... and in the couple weeks since the pants have been fitting even better!

I've also noticed when doing hamstring stretches at the end that there is less fat pooling around my thighs... and I can actually feel my inner thigh muscles! I bet you will have as great as results too. The last week gets to be pretty tough with some of the workouts being around 90 mins... but at least I'm almost done!

Zumba is fun - a bit frustrating at times but I just remind myself that it's just important to move and not so much to get every dance step right. I got it for my birthday and really love the 20 min quick one for fitting in after strength training - helps me burn an extra 200 calories quickly (in like only 4 songs!)
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member

I am sure that'll work just as well! And maybe at some point you'll get the others :smile:

So shall we give it a go? What are your results from the Shred? Are you happy?

Plus I love your mini goals...could be mine...especially the tattoo :smile:

I haven't done my final weigh in and measurements, but I've lost about 8 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I'm really happy with it, and since I feel like Jillian is working for me, I want to keep going ... but I want to mix it up so I stay interested! So, yes - I'm in, as long as no one minds that I won't be doing the exact same workouts, at least for the first couple weeks. :smile:
  • Daisy80

Yes down a pant size is great... and in the couple weeks since the pants have been fitting even better!

I've also noticed when doing hamstring stretches at the end that there is less fat pooling around my thighs... and I can actually feel my inner thigh muscles! I bet you will have as great as results too. The last week gets to be pretty tough with some of the workouts being around 90 mins... but at least I'm almost done!

Zumba is fun - a bit frustrating at times but I just remind myself that it's just important to move and not so much to get every dance step right. I got it for my birthday and really love the 20 min quick one for fitting in after strength training - helps me burn an extra 200 calories quickly (in like only 4 songs!)

Sounds great! My legs is the one of the main areas where I would like to lose! The 20min Zumba sounds great! I have to look into that
  • Daisy80
    Coleen: This is a great result you got from the Shred! I don't mind if we don't do exactly the same routine. I do have the other JM workouts so I'll be interested to hear how you get on!

So Monday here we come!

And just out of interest do you know what tattoo you would get?
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 439 Member
    I'd love to join in
  • Daisy80
    That'll be great Kai85! Have you got the DVD's?
  • shoppie
    I will give it a go too, when you say 'quick' whatever, what does that mean? One go on each circuit? My only concern with that is the only one I know well is BFBM. I'm def happy to give it a go though!!
  • Daisy80
    I read somewhere else that 'quick' means the first 4 circuits. I think it is without the floor work. I will just see how I feel on the day and might go for the whole workout!

It would be great for you to join too! I have done all the workouts included just once. But I think that's good so you won't get bored too quickly!

Looking forward to get started!
  • shoppie
    Ahhhh, ok fine, let's do it! :drinker:
  • Daisy80
    Hurray :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.