30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred Level 2 today. I decided to go with Level 2 because I had already done 10 days at Level 1 prior to joining this challenge and I needed something different. So I am going to be doing Level 2 and 3 instead of Levels 1 and 2. I am really enjoying this challenge and like the idea of a different workout each morning. Everyone have a great hump day!!:happy:
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Well today I did Jillian 30 Day Shred 1 - my 2nd time this week...yesterday I chose to do Billy Blanks Ultimate Bootcamp (Tae Bo) and it was great - HARD but Great...today I received my No More Trouble Zones so I will do that tomorrow!

:love:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Hello
    Day 4 done! I start to get a bit bored of Shred level 1 now. On the other hand I am not quite brave enough to move on to Level 2. I'll just stick to the plan and see it as a bit of a break between the longer workouts.
    Overall I am really enjoying the rotation. I already start to feel better about myself and my boyfriend said last night that I am losing weight in my face! Hurray!

It is great to see that everyone else is doing so well! Keep it up ladies. Almost one week done!

Daisy
  • tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    You are all doing so great!! Keep up the good work!

Today I am going to be doing shred level 2 then 1 in the morning (in just a few minutes)... then after work I am going to do some zumba and yoga. Yesterday was a rest day so I am doubling up today and doing some calorie zig zagging (yesterday was also my free meal).

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow yet... probably NMTZ and maybe a shorter zumba or some other cardio.
  • susanjackson66
    Good morning Ladies!

This morning I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Have a great day everyone!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Everyone is doing really well! :bigsmile:

Tiffany - can i ask, is your zumba a DVD? I'd love to try it but classes just aren't an option for me because of all the kids/ school runs etc!

My DVDs FINALLY arrived today, so I did 30 DS level 1. Was thrilled to discover the majority of it I found really easy! :bigsmile: I'm so chuffed as it def wouldn't have been easy, its all the BFBM I've been doing that has done it! I do also want to get some heavier handweights though as I only have 1 lb ones but I have no money so that will have to wait until my birthday in Oct. Does anyone use anything other than weights that works?? Anyway, I had thought maybe I'd need to try again, but now I know I can do levl 1 no problem I am going to do NMTZ tomorrow instead of BFBM and then rejoin doing level 2 of the shred. I am honestly SO thrilled - it was so doable I did it twice!! :bigsmile:
  • Daisy80

My DVDs FINALLY arrived today, so I did 30 DS level 1. Was thrilled to discover the majority of it I found really easy! :bigsmile: I'm so chuffed as it def wouldn't have been easy, its all the BFBM I've been doing that has done it! I do also want to get some heavier handweights though as I only have 1 lb ones but I have no money so that will have to wait until my birthday in Oct. Does anyone use anything other than weights that works?? Anyway, I had thought maybe I'd need to try again, but now I know I can do levl 1 no problem I am going to do NMTZ tomorrow instead of BFBM and then rejoin doing level 2 of the shred. I am honestly SO thrilled - it was so doable I did it twice!! :bigsmile:

Woohoo! You must be so pleased about your DVD's! Great! And well done on your progress! It is such a great feeling to get better at working out! Congratulations!

I don't have weights myself. I am using two wine bottles filled with water. :drinker: That seems to work well. I think with the water and the weight of the glass it should come to about 3lbs.
  • tifffanyD

Tiffany - can i ask, is your zumba a DVD? I'd love to try it but classes just aren't an option for me because of all the kids/ school runs etc!

Yes it is this set from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310652694&sr=8-1

There is a basics one that teaches you the moves (it is SOOO boring tho), then a 20 min express, 50 min party, and 2 more I haven't done yet. One has some toning sticks (weighted moraccas)... so that seems fun! I just do it in my living room like everything else :) Good for some lower impact (lower than BFBM) cardio to supplement other workouts
  • susanjackson66

I am using 5 lb weights. The first time I did 30 day shred I used 3 lb weights. Upping your weight will make you feel like you get a better workout! I loved NMTZ, but I sure was sore. It was the lunges!! Good luck
  • shoppie
    ooh, wine bottle full of water makes sense, I'd like to have something a bit better for the strength bits so thanks for that suggestion :drinker: It will also give me an idea what weights to go for when I do get to my birthday.

I think I will find NMTZ really hard as I'm better at cardio than strength, it will be good for me though I'm sure!

Thanks for that link Tiffany - do you enjoy it?
  • tifffanyD

Yeah I like it well enough... it's definitely more fun than other cardio DVD's I have. I stink at it tho... even tho I know what I am supposed to do it is trouble to get my body to do it.
  • shoppie
    That's good feedback as I am about as coordinated as a drunken hoarde of enraged elephants :laugh: Fun sounds good though as at the moment I only have JM DVDs and while they absolutely do the job, I don't think I'd describe them as fun!!
  • tifffanyD
    That's good feedback as I am about as coordinated as a drunken hoarde of enraged elephants :laugh: Fun sounds good though as at the moment I only have JM DVDs and while they absolutely do the job, I don't think I'd describe them as fun!!
    '

LOL that is quite a funny picture!!

Yeah and for comparison... for the zumba I did today I burned 414 calories in 47 minutes... and in BFBM I burn like 520 in more like an hour... so still a good workout!!!
  • Hello

I am starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown routine on Monday. Was wondering if anybody would fancy to join?

Everyone welcome :smile:

I would :smile:
  • Daisy80
    ooh, wine bottle full of water makes sense, I'd like to have something a bit better for the strength bits so thanks for that suggestion :drinker: It will also give me an idea what weights to go for when I do get to my birthday.

I think I will find NMTZ really hard as I'm better at cardio than strength, it will be good for me though I'm sure!

Yes the bottles work pretty well....I have my eyes on these two sets at the moment. Good price and the weight range seems just right. Goes from about 3lbs up to 10lbs. Might buy one of them.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3024399/Trail/searchtext>DUMBBELLS.htm
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3024382/Trail/searchtext>DUMBBELLS.htm
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Hello ladies. I might be joining you on the 30 day slimdown. I just got NMTZ in the mail today. I also got Ripped in 30 and I watched Level 1...looks intense! I might throw that in there too instead of Level 1 of 30DS since I have been doing that for a while. I might start all this insanity on Monday.
  • Daisy80
    Hello ladies. I might be joining you on the 30 day slimdown. I just got NMTZ in the mail today. I also got Ripped in 30 and I watched Level 1...looks intense! I might throw that in there too instead of Level 1 of 30DS since I have been doing that for a while. I might start all this insanity on Monday.

Yes please come and join :smile: I will give Ripped in 30 a go after I finished the Slimdown. Would like to see how you get on!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yeah, level 1 of Ripped looks more intense than level 1 of 30 DS for sure. She seems to work your entire body better.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Hi, can I join the group? My name is Kim and I am at a standstill with the weight loss right now. I've done the slimdown before and the results are amazing (to me anyway). I am also doing the C25K program and am in Week 5 of that one. I was soooo sick of Jillian that I needed a good break from it.

So, I am ready to get started!!!
  • shoppie
    Welcome new peeps! I would also be very interested in how you find Ripped in 30, its one of the ones I'm toying with purchasing - later!

Daisy - those weights look good. I have tagged them along with the HRM that was suggested on a thread I did a bit back for my birthday. Feels like ages to wait but its probably only about 10 weeks or something so no doubt it will be here very soon!

I think I will give that zumba a go after this Tiffany, it sounds really good and tbh I'm already getting a little fed up of Jillian every day :blushing:

So I did NMTZ this morning, my bum and thighs are certainly feeling it! Some of the moves were killer - that surrender thing looks easy but killed me! My biggest problem is I literally cannot physically seem to do a side plank, and some of the final circuit I found really painful for my hips lying on my side - any ideas? My other problem was my toddler didn't nap, at one point Jillian was saying 'if you want to make this harder put your weight on your thigh' (or similar) and I was thinking 'or get your 3 stone toddler to lie across it, that should make it totally impossible!!'
This discussion has been closed.