30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    So I did NMTZ this morning, my bum and thighs are certainly feeling it! Some of the moves were killer - that surrender thing looks easy but killed me! My biggest problem is I literally cannot physically seem to do a side plank, and some of the final circuit I found really painful for my hips lying on my side - any ideas? My other problem was my toddler didn't nap, at one point Jillian was saying 'if you want to make this harder put your weight on your thigh' (or similar) and I was thinking 'or get your 3 stone toddler to lie across it, that should make it totally impossible!!'

haha yeah the Surrender is pretty bad but I realllllllly feel the Crescent thing after that. Ouch!!!

For side plank - did you try on your knee? You leave the top leg stretched but bend the bottom leg back and just come up on that. That should make it easier. I split my legs for side planks (so one in front of the other instead of stacked)... cause otherwise I tip over! lol
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Welcome to all the newbies :flowerforyou:

Great to have so many on board now!

Day 5 done! So happy! I am not sure if I mentioned it here but after the workout yesterday my shin really hurt. Today it already hurt before I even started. I read online that the pain I had good be a result of the calve not being stretched enough. So I did some extra stretches before I started. I also modified the jumping. For jumping jacks I just kicked and moved my arms etc. I certainly still got a good workout. I can feel a very slight pain now so I hope just being easy on the leg and extra stretching will do the trick. I could not bare to get injured. I am really motivated at the moment and love the rotation and posting on here! Just one more day and we have a rest day!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Kim: What were your results last time around if you don't mind me asking?

Shoppie: Which HRM monitor has been recommended to you? I would love one but can't really afford one at the moment. I too find the side planks incredibly hard!! In regards to your hips maybe you can try to put a little cushion there for extra padding?
    And I can't do the surrender with weights. I do them without and it is still really hard.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member

Kim: What were your results last time around if you don't mind me asking?

I believe it was about 5 lbs total for the month. I didn't take measurements; but, I know that I lost lots of inches. I felt strong as well. This time I will post my starting weight and measurements. Has anyone else done that??
  • Daisy80
    That's great! I haven't posted my starting weight or measurements but I weigh and measure every Wednesday and I post my losses (or gain) here. After the the 30 days I will post a total of my weight loss and inches. Feel free to post yours however....
  • nisijam5
    Starting weight 174.6

Bust: 39
    Waist: 33 7/8
    ABD: 41 3/4
    hips: 43 1/4
    Thigh: 25 1/4

Total inches: 183.125

I think I will do it again at the two week mark and at the end.

I am also in the midst of the C25K program for an extra boost. I am stalled and need to do somthing!!!
  • nisijam5
    July 15th, Shred #1 & 1/2 of C25K...thunderstorm became a little too close for comfort...LOL
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    Day 6 Quick Trouble Zones done! Also got a Wii, did some Wii fit plus exercises and Just Dance 2. I am horrible, but it is fun! Everyone have a great weekend!:happy:
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

Well completed the workout...but I will say that was a little tough...hoping tomorrow will be better looking forward to rest day Sunday!

:flowerforyou:

Was a little disappointed today...today was weigh in and after a hard working week I only loss .4 not even a pound...hoping for better results next week...:ohwell:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Daisy - the HRM I got the best reviews for was either the polar FT4 for price/ ability to accurately count cals or the polar FT7, the key difference in the latter being it plugs into your PC so you cna just upload your results, keep track etc much better. The FT4 is £55 - £75ish and the FT7 is £70 - £100ish. I'm hoping to go straight for the FT7 if DH and the inlaws club together for my birthday - and then praying for enough cash to buy some weights! I got some really good replies to my thread n HRM with loads more info so if you wnat to read more, have a look here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/280158-please-help-me-choose-a-heart-rate-monitor?page=1#posts-3706694

spgabby - try to keep your chin up re: your weight. If you are sticking to eating right, you may well be swapping fat for muscle. In my first 6 weeks of Jillian I have only lost 3 lbs but I lost...wait for it...
    1.25 inches off the top of my thigh
    0.75 inches off my calf
    2 inches from my waist
    1 inch off the top of my arm
    2.5 inches off my saddlbags (:noway: )
    weight really isn't everything - I totally care more about how much less fat I have hanging around - I've lost a lot of back fat too.

Today I did level 2 of the shred, I could definitely still feel yesterday's NMTZ in my bum and tops of my arms, but I made myself do it twice straight anyway, The cardio is a breeze, but really the strength kills me and mus be doing some good, especially that sitting squat with reverse V - felt easy initially but by the second go round my shoulders were screaming for mercy!!

Need to check what I'm doing tomorrow, my day off is either Mon or Tues depending on when my friend wants to go walking :wink: Hmm - quick trouble zones. Think I'll either do whole of trouble zones or one go of level 2 of the shread and then quick trouble zones. There are diff answers re: what 'quick' should be - 1 -4 or the non-mat ones (can't remember numbers) - which are you all doing??
  • Daisy80
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

Well completed the workout...but I will say that was a little tough...hoping tomorrow will be better looking forward to rest day Sunday!

:flowerforyou:

Was a little disappointed today...today was weigh in and after a hard working week I only loss .4 not even a pound...hoping for better results next week...:ohwell:

Try not to be discouraged! I had a gain at my last weigh in! It was TOM but I think it might also because I am building muscle due to this workout. The muscles holds onto water at first so it might just be that. Due also take measurements? I can highly recommend that because even though I gained weight I lost 2.9 inches! And I think that is good for a week!
  • Daisy80
    Day 6 done!! Woohoo and hurray! I can't believe we did the first week!

I did quick NMTZ I then fancied to do a bit more but something relaxing. I was looking for my Yoga DVD's but couldn't find them so did XStretch. Out of P90X it was my first time but I enjoyed it. I feel great now and feel like I well deserve my rest day tomorrow!!

I am going to a festival tomorrow so will do a bit of walking but will have a drink but hey it is Sunday and rest day!

Starting a new job on Monday so all is good!

I wish you all a great weekend!

Shoppie: Thank you for the link! I think I will go for the Polar 4. I am only a poor student so that will do. I will have to wait a couple of months though unfortunately!
  • tifffanyD
    Day 6 done!! Woohoo and hurray! I can't believe we did the first week!

I did quick NMTZ I then fancied to do a bit more but something relaxing. I was looking for my Yoga DVD's but couldn't find them so did XStretch. Out of P90X it was my first time but I enjoyed it. I feel great now and feel like I well deserve my rest day tomorrow!!

I am going to a festival tomorrow so will do a bit of walking but will have a drink but hey it is Sunday and rest day!

Starting a new job on Monday so all is good!

I wish you all a great weekend!

Shoppie: Thank you for the link! I think I will go for the Polar 4. I am only a poor student so that will do. I will have to wait a couple of months though unfortunately!

You are doing awesome!! I have the Polar FT4 and really like it! I don't intend to swim laps with a HRM or upload specific stats to my pc, so it is perfect for me.

So is the Xstretch a workout or just stretching? I have those p90x dvds (someone gave them to me... wonder what they were trying to tell me? hehe)... but haven't done anything with them at all
  • nisijam5
    July 15th, Shred #1 & 1/2 of C25K
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 calories

I vote the F4 is a good choice for a HRM as well...

I've decided to take picture today and see if there is a big difference at the end of the month. I took measurements yesterday and officially weigh-in.

Let the games begin....
  • Daisy80

You are doing awesome!! I have the Polar FT4 and really like it! I don't intend to swim laps with a HRM or upload specific stats to my pc, so it is perfect for me.

So is the Xstretch a workout or just stretching? I have those p90x dvds (someone gave them to me... wonder what they were trying to tell me? hehe)... but haven't done anything with them at all

Thank you! I really like our little group as everyone seems to be doing well and it is motivating!

I can't wait to get a HRM it sounds just perfect for me. And it is an extra motivation as you see how many calories you have burned.

Xstretch is more just stretching. It has some Yoga elements in it so in some stretches you still use your muscles. I really liked it though. I feel really good since finishing it. Really energised and relaxed. Not sure if it is a coincidence or the Xstretch.
    Give it a go maybe....I started P90X and I liked it but it wasn't right for me at the time. I think I will go back to it once I am closer to my goal weight. I just prefer JM at the moment.
  • tifffanyD
    Thank you! I really like our little group as everyone seems to be doing well and it is motivating!

I can't wait to get a HRM it sounds just perfect for me. And it is an extra motivation as you see how many calories you have burned.

Xstretch is more just stretching. It has some Yoga elements in it so in some stretches you still use your muscles. I really liked it though. I feel really good since finishing it. Really energised and relaxed. Not sure if it is a coincidence or the Xstretch.
    Give it a go maybe....I started P90X and I liked it but it wasn't right for me at the time. I think I will go back to it once I am closer to my goal weight. I just prefer JM at the moment.

Yeah I don't actually know how you are supposed to do the dvd's since I didn't get any instructions with them... just dvd's. I have toyed with the idea of using the cardio once since I've heard good things... but I am scared of the P90x stuff! I feel safe in my little Jillian world (even tho I know her workouts aren't a piece of cake or anything, lol)
  • Daisy80

Yeah I don't actually know how you are supposed to do the dvd's since I didn't get any instructions with them... just dvd's. I have toyed with the idea of using the cardio once since I've heard good things... but I am scared of the P90x stuff! I feel safe in my little Jillian world (even tho I know her workouts aren't a piece of cake or anything, lol)

I am sure you can find the schedule online or I have it as pdf I could email it you. I was really scared of P90X but then I just thought I'll give it a go! And I was surprised that I could do it. Yes it was hard and I didn't keep up with the people in the video (it is advised to just do the best you personally can) but it was definitely doable. As I said I enjoy Jillian more. P90X feels a bit more manly...I don't know..it just doesn't have the nice encouragement that Jillian gives you. I haven't tried the Cardiox but the KenpoX is great . It's a kickbox workout! Great fun!
  • tifffanyD
    I am sure you can find the schedule online or I have it as pdf I could email it you. I was really scared of P90X but then I just thought I'll give it a go! And I was surprised that I could do it. Yes it was hard and I didn't keep up with the people in the video (it is advised to just do the best you personally can) but it was definitely doable. As I said I enjoy Jillian more. P90X feels a bit more manly...I don't know..it just doesn't have the nice encouragement that Jillian gives you. I haven't tried the Cardiox but the KenpoX is great . It's a kickbox workout! Great fun!

oooh I've been wanting to do some more kickboxing.. maybe I will try that KenpoX!
  • Daisy80

oooh I've been wanting to do some more kickboxing.. maybe I will try that KenpoX!

Well I said kickboxing but I think it really is Karate or something but I am sure you know what I mean. It is kicks, punches, blocks etc. I really liked it!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    I tried a bit of P90X and wasn't impressed, to be honest. It was an okay workout, and I definitely felt sore the next day, but I prefer JM at the moment.

Slimdown was back-burnered this week - so I haven't done Day 5 yet. I'll get on it tomorrow because I really am committed to doing this! :smile: Boost Metabolism, here I come!!!!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Everyone is doing really well - collinsky, well done for sticking in there! I did all of NMTZ this morning, I am toying with doing level 2 of the shred later too as although I do think NMTZ is good its def much more toning and I'm not at all convinced about how many cals it burns. Lik Daisy, I can't wait for an HRM but I have a long way to go yet. I'm not a poor student, I well remember those days, but I am a very poor parent as all my money goes on the kids!!

I have a challenge with my friend I usually walk with tomorrow, we are doing BFBM together. She has never done it and I said if she can get through it wihout stopping I will give her a bottle of wine! She is pretty fit so I think its a fair challenge as she has a chance - but I don't think she'll do it as I still can't!! This does mean though I have no obvious day off so think I will make it Tues as I'm going swimming anyway, so it will be an easy day to take 'off' JM.
This discussion has been closed.