30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Ok, bfbm done!! It was tough but not as bad as I was expecting. The exercises that killed me when I first did it a few months ago were totally doable this time. I think doing the shred has really made me stronger and gave me more stamina. Oh and I burned 318 cals in 48 mins, not including the cool down(I disconnected the chest strap because I had to lay on my stomach for that one stretch).
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Well I think I'm a little behind on the schedule...I just competed 1/2 of Day 12 today...have a tight schedule so I was only able to get in 33 mins of the 50 mins of BFBM...I will try and complete it later tonight...or move on to Day 13 NMTZ???
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Day 13 done! NMTZ...it was really tough for me today. I think because I am working at a waitress now my legs are just pretty tired. I am working every night and are walking non stop for about 6 hours. So by the end of the work out today me legs just hurt so badly! I managed to get through it but oh it was a fight!

Tomorrow is rest day. I'll see how I feel but I might do the P90X stretch DVD again or maybe Yoga or might just be lazy :smile:

It seems everyone is on track and is doing well! Keep it up :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Day 1, July 15th, Shred #1...182 cals
    Day 2, July 16th, Shred #1...186 cals
    July 17th, Rest day
    Day 3, July 18th, NMTZ...437 cals
    Day 4, July 19th Shred #1...184 cals
    Day 5, July 20th, BFBM...440 cals
    July 21st, river tubing 3 hours
    Day 6, July 23rd, QTZ...305 cals

Day 7, July 24th, Shred #1 and Warrior Dash in MN (wish me luck)

I'm am feeling really good about results already...the toning is amazing :smokin:

Daisy, I'm a nurse...so, I get what your saying about the legs:ohwell:
    Idauria, good calorie burn...3 glasses of wine :drinker:
    Spgabby, decide what your goal is: strength or toning and pick the DVD that you need to do to accomplish your goal

Well, HAGD :flowerforyou:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    idauria - great that you saw progress!

spgabby86 - could you finish tomorrow and do tomorrow's workout then too??

Daisy - WELL DONE on pushing through, never easy when you are knackered

I did NMTZ tonight as had a load of pizza and really need to burn some off! Checked and am due to do level 2 of the shred and quick NMTZ tomorrow, so I might try and do level 2 and then all of NMTZ again - that should be interesting!! (I don't have my rest day till Thurs this week - that's the only day my friend can go walking!!)
  • Daisy80

Daisy, I'm a nurse...so, I get what your saying about the legs:ohwell:
    Idauria, good calorie burn...3 glasses of wine :drinker:
    Spgabby, decide what your goal is: strength or toning and pick the DVD that you need to do to accomplish your goal

Oh I can imagine! My mum is a nurse and it is such a tough job that you're doing! I just try to see my job as additional exercise!
  • idauria
    I did NMTZ tonight as had a load of pizza and really need to burn some off! Checked and am due to do level 2 of the shred and quick NMTZ tomorrow, so I might try and do level 2 and then all of NMTZ again - that should be interesting!! (I don't have my rest day till Thurs this week - that's the only day my friend can go walking!!)
    [/quote]

I was bad and had pizza for dinner tonight, but I only had 1 slice which fills me up pretty good anyway. I am usually stuffed after 2 and I didn't want to feel that way and completely eradicate what I did this morning.
  • shoppie
    idauria - suffice t say you did rather better than I did in only having 2 slices :laugh:

Did the 30 DS level 3 and NMTZ again today. I def don't sweat anywhere near as hard doing NMTZ as I do BFBM. I find the rock start jumps from the final cardio circuit of L3 30DS an absolute killer!! :noway: We are going to a church do this avo - free face painting etc for the kids but also a ree BBQ so I hope that I can keep myself vaguely in check!
  • idauria
    idauria - suffice t say you did rather better than I did in only having 2 slices :laugh:

Did the 30 DS level 3 and NMTZ again today. I def don't sweat anywhere near as hard doing NMTZ as I do BFBM. I find the rock start jumps from the final cardio circuit of L3 30DS an absolute killer!! :noway: We are going to a church do this avo - free face painting etc for the kids but also a ree BBQ so I hope that I can keep myself vaguely in check!

I still can't believe that you can do two different videos in one day! That's just plain nuts! Do you do them back to back? Yes, I don't think you sweat as much doing NMTZ because it's not cardio focused like BFBM. I am interested to see how many cals I burn doing NMTZ this week. Yes, those rock star jumps are crazy, but I am getting better at them. Have fun at the bbq today, I am sure you'll do great!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    I may be taking a bit of a break, I gave myself plantar fasciitis jogging... I'm not sure how long I should rest yet, or what I should avoid for now. In the meantime, I'll be able to do the Shred it with Weights workout (that I was subbing for the NMTZ, since I don't have that one) and at least do something.
  • shoppie
    collinsky - sorry to hear you are injured. though i don't know what plantar fascilitis is. Is shred it ith weights good? Sounds promising!

idauria - basically, if I have time yes I do them back to back :smile: I didn't do both back to back today though, did 30DS around 8am and then NMTZ around 12 pm. I can usually manage to do the shred twice on the trot, but as NMTZ and BFBM are longer one or other of the kids is usually chasing me for something if I do any more than one without taking a break!

My knees are really beginning to suffer which is worrying me a bit - is it likely to be the lunges? Are anyone else's sore?
  • idauria
    idauria - basically, if I have time yes I do them back to back :smile: I didn't do both back to back today though, did 30DS around 8am and then NMTZ around 12 pm. I can usually manage to do the shred twice on the trot, but as NMTZ and BFBM are longer one or other of the kids is usually chasing me for something if I do any more than one without taking a break!

My knees are really beginning to suffer which is worrying me a bit - is it likely to be the lunges? Are anyone else's sore?
    [/quote]

Kudos to you! I would imagine that all those lunges and squats would be whats bothering your knees, they are pretty hard on the legs. Don't overdo yourself! I definitely need to work out hard tomorrow, I had ribs for lunch today. I am supposed to do the short version of NMTZ but I will probably do the whole thing. Darn calories!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    collinsky - sorry to hear you are injured. though i don't know what plantar fascilitis is. Is shred it ith weights good? Sounds promising!

Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia, the tendon that runs along the bottom of the foot from heel to toe. It's basically like shin splints in the bottom of my foot. :angry: Shred it with Weights is her kettlebell routine, and it's mostly upper body, core, and squats. No jumping jacks. LOL

My knees got pretty bad toward the end of the Shred. I never ever let my knees drift over my toes, but it still was a problem. I had to do the modified version (and didn't even go as low as the modification). I had my husband check my form, and he helped me make some small adjustments. For one thing, I was putting ALL my weight in my heels, to where I could lift my toes without making any difference, and I was keeping my back super straight all the way down. Shifting my weight forward just a tad, so that it was evenly distributed over my feet instead of all in my heels, and allowing my chest to dip forward when I went down made a big difference. You might want to just do a few lunges and squats, and make some small changes like shifting your weight forward or back a bit, to see if there are adjustments that help. Also, taking a few days off and then starting again (for me, I could do the Shred, but skip the lunges and squats entirely for a couple days) -- and ice is your best friend. Heavenly. LOL Hope your knees feel better soon! They're so easily injured.
  • Daisy80
    Hurray Day 15 is done! I can't believe it! Half way there...Unfortunately it looks like this will be the tough part :smile:

Even though I have to say that I was a bit scared of the workout today but it went pretty well! Shred L1 seems pretty "easy". By easy I mean for a workout I got through it without too much pain. I am very pleased about that! And I really like the quick NMTZ. So it was a good day today! I have looked on the plan and for now it seems like it is all pretty much as hard as today but have you seen day 28?? It is BFBM + quick NMTZ...That'll be the toughest day I think!

I hope everyone is doing well! Collinsky I am sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you'll get well soon!! :flowerforyou:

Shoppie for you it must have been an easy day today as you're workout like crazy anyway :happy:
  • idauria
    NMTZ done! I was only supposed to do the quick version but I thought what the heck I'm going to do the whole thing! My HRM says I burned 277 cals. Prob not enough to work off the half rack of ribs and that slice of pizza though :) This is going to sound very strange...I wish it would cool off so I could go swimming. We've been having a terrible heatwave here and it's too hot to even swim! My pool water feels more like bathwater...yuck! We even broke the record for the most consecutive days of temps over 100 degrees F.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    Day 15 Quick NMTZ and I decided to do 6 week 6 pack Level 2 instead of 30 DS today. It was a killer today after this weekend. While I didnt do a DVD workout ,we went out of town and I walked like crazy all weekend. Eating wasnt so good, but the walking really kept me in check. Everyone have a great Monday!
  • shoppie
    collinsky - that sounds seriously painful!! Any idea how long before it gets better??

idauria - I do exactly the same when it says quick NMTZ and just do it all. I wasn't that keen on it initially but its really grown on me. I feel like I can really tell that I'm improving on some of the strength exercise in particular. circuit 2 with all the ab work then the push-ups at the end still absolutely kills me though! :laugh:

Hit 30 lbs lost today - hooray! I would be ecstatic if I lost another 4 lbs in the second half of this thing, as that would actually take me to target, but that's probably unrealistic. I'll take whatever I can get basically! (I will be shifting my target lower when I get there btw, my current target is to be a healthy weight for my height on the BMI scale)

Its those jumping lunges that have been doing my knee I think (from level 3 of the 30 DS) so I'm swapping to the modified version i.e no jumping. Its hard to keep your form on the nose if you're jumping too I think.

Have done all of NMTZ today, L3 and L2 of the shred for me tomorrow and finally Thurs I have my delayed day off that I should have had on Sun!! Fri and Sat I have BFBM and NMTZ again - is it just me or is the amount of NMTZ really ramped up this week??

Has anyone seen much change in themselves as yet? The biggest changes for me are:
    I can actully do some planks on my side (I literally couldn't even do one to start with)
    My shoulders are definitly much stronger and cope much better with planks/ walking planks/ travelling planks/ push ups etc - though I do still do all these on my knees rather than full length
    I *think* I am seeing more waist definition, though am waiting till the end to measure again
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    HEY! I do want to but it's not arrived yet, I'll join in on Monday!! xxx
  • idauria
    shoppie - I hate those jumping lunges too! I try to do as many as I can and then do the rest regular style. I am working my way up to being able to do all of them jumping. They are hard on the legs and knees tho. Congrats on the weight loss! Today is level 3 of the shred for me. I have never really had a problem with the pushups and planks, but yes, I am having a hard time with the side planks. I still have to do the modified version with one leg on the floor. But I am working my way towards the regular version with those too.

Daisy - That's great that you're finding the shred easier now. O gosh, I hadn't even looked at the last week of the plan...yikes! I don't think there's any way I could do even quick trouble zones after doing BFBM! But who knows, maybe by then I will have more stamina. Doubtful though, lol.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    Day 16 30 Day Shred Level 2 complete. My DVD kept messing up today, not for sure if its the whole DVD or just Level 2 Circuit 3. May have to do something else in it place.

Shoppie - I am seeing more definition and feeling more toned. I think its NMTZ's. Everyone have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.