30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    Tonight I am planning on doing NMTZ! Want to keep doing this one at least once a week as it has lots of good strength exercises in it. And I actually like it (once I get past the backwards lunges with side raises... ughhhh). I am supposed to be getting Walk Away the Pounds from Netflix today (30 min) so I may do that after.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    I changed my mind... I'm going to do Shred it With Weights instead, I haven't tried that one yet and it looks like a great strength workout. I'm going to push myself with heavier weight, and so I may end up doing less of the cardio aspect, and do less reps. But I really am feeling like getting in a good upper body workout! That will be Day 6 for me.

Keep rocking, ladies!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Oh so day 9 is done! My first time on the Shred level 2. I am not quite sure what to say. I think I kind of liked it but at the same time I didn't. I found it really hard on the arms. All the planks and arm and shoulder exercise were hard. I enjoyed to do a completely new workout though. I am looking forward to doing it again and to see if I like it or not!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I am quite worried as my eating and drinking wasn't good. Especially today I have been bad. I had a burger and a couple of glasses of wine as my boyfriend and me went out. I just hope I'll still be a bit down...be it weight or inches!
    I will probably do a 2nd weigh in on Thursday to double check!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Daisy
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Daisy, good luck with your weigh-in. Mine is tomorrow as well. I declined wine with hubs tonight. I don't think I lost anything and hoping that I don't get eliminated from the comp.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I actually think level 2 of 30ds is one of the hardest workouts. I hated those chair squats with the V flyes! I could complete the first circuit but the second was killer. I think it wouldn't be too bad if she didn't piggyback them with the military presses. Together, they really kill the shoulders. But I think you'll really like the way your shoulders look after 10 days of those!
  • tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    I actually think level 2 of 30ds is one of the hardest workouts. I hated those chair squats with the V flyes! I could complete the first circuit but the second was killer. I think it wouldn't be too bad if she didn't piggyback them with the military presses. Together, they really kill the shoulders. But I think you'll really like the way your shoulders look after 10 days of those!

I love that strength circuit cause it really showed me how I was getting stronger!! I had to push the first couple times to do as many as I could, but when I could do them all I was soooo proud! :)
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Oh so day 9 is done! My first time on the Shred level 2. I am not quite sure what to say. I think I kind of liked it but at the same time I didn't. I found it really hard on the arms. All the planks and arm and shoulder exercise were hard. I enjoyed to do a completely new workout though. I am looking forward to doing it again and to see if I like it or not!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I am quite worried as my eating and drinking wasn't good. Especially today I have been bad. I had a burger and a couple of glasses of wine as my boyfriend and me went out. I just hope I'll still be a bit down...be it weight or inches!
    I will probably do a 2nd weigh in on Thursday to double check!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Daisy

WELL DAY 9 - Down and over did that and a 18 Kickboxing workout - so needless to say my legs are screaming today...that's after doing Billy Blank's (50/55 mins) Ultimate Bootcamp TaeBo workout yesterday - is it rest day yet...

Good luck on your weigh-in I'm sure you'll do great..and if it doesn't look like you need it to be...just know you are still working on being the BEST YOU by working out and eating healthy!
    :happy:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Day 6 done! I did Shred It With Weights, and it was AWESOME! Loved it.

I hated Level 2 of the Shred. Level 1 and Level 3 were great... Level 2 I had to suck it up and push because I just couldn't stand it.
  • idauria
    I'm going to try No More Trouble Zones today. How hard is it? Is it more grueling than 30DS? I just want to know what I'm in for!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    I'm going to try No More Trouble Zones today. How hard is it? Is it more grueling than 30DS? I just want to know what I'm in for!

I love NMTZ. Its my favorite one. To me, it is harder than the shred. It is longer, when doing the full version its around 55 minutes or so. There are 7 circuits. The day after I did it for the first time, I was so sore! Its a great workout. Good luck!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    Day 11 - 30 Day Shred Level 3 complete. Today was weigh in day and for the second week in a row, I have gained. :sad: I'm just not for sure what is going on. I joined MFP over 4 months ago, and have lost every week (or at least maintained) until the last two weeks. I am now within 14 lbs of my goal, and I knew it would be harder coming off but I didnt expect to start gaining! Any advice would be great!
  • idauria
    Day 11 - 30 Day Shred Level 3 complete. Today was weigh in day and for the second week in a row, I have gained. :sad: I'm just not for sure what is going on. I joined MFP over 4 months ago, and have lost every week (or at least maintained) until the last two weeks. I am now within 14 lbs of my goal, and I knew it would be harder coming off but I didnt expect to start gaining! Any advice would be great!

You could be building muscle. It weighs more than fat. It's not uncommon when people strength train to actually gain weight but lose inches and firm up all over. You have to go by how you look and feel rather than by the scale sometimes.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    well I did level 2 of the shred again and I find it quite odd in that the abs and cardio are a doddle, but 2 of the 3 circuits strngeth bits completely kill me! I was originally plannign to do it twice but just couldn't. I think if I'm feeling brave I will try and do it again tonight as I have eaten some cookies (:blushing: ) and really need the cals!! NMTZ for me tomorrow...
  • Daisy80

Oh I feel for you. Do you take measurements as well as weighing yourself? If your measurements are not going down I would say something is up. Have you maybe not drunk enough water? Or is it TOM?
    I am still quite a bit off my goal weight so have not read that much about the last pounds but I know here are many threads covering that. I think though that I have read that once you're closer to goal you might have to increase your calories so your body knows it is ok to use the fat reserve as it still gets enough calories. I have also read that the loss will slow down to about 0.5 - 1.0lbs per week. Maybe try and search for posts here that cover the subject or post a new topic asking for advise...

I am sorry I can't help you more but don't get discourage. I am sure the weight will start to go down again soon!
  • idauria
    Day 3 done! Today was NMTZ. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I enjoy the weight work more than the cardio based stuff. Yes, I think I like this a lot better than BFBM.
  • nisijam5
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 calories
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 calories
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 calories
    July 18th Shred #1...184 calories

I drank a bottle of wine last night and now I have to do BFBM...funny, how I like this one better the NMTZ
  • idauria
    I think I like NMTZ better because there's less jumping around. The first 4 circuits are pretty intense but then the last 3 went by fast because it was all mat work and I felt that I wasn't working as hard(even though I was sweating good and burning all over). But with BFBM she has you moving the entire time and by then I am just burnt out.
  • nisijam5
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 cals
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 cals
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 cals
    July 19th, Shred #1...184 cals
    July 20th, BFBM...440 cals

Done deal for the day!!!
  • Daisy80
    Day 10 done! Hurray! One 3rd is done! And my weigh in went well. I lost just over 2lbs and 2.5 inches. I am glad as I was really nervous!

Today it was quick NMTZ. I did pretty well. It was the first time I could do the surrender ones with the weights. Before I always just held my arms up and this already hurt. I felt much stronger in my arms today. I was dripping with sweat though. I too like NMTZ!

I did take some before and 10 day after pictures and I can really see a difference in myself. Can't wait to see what the next 10 days will bring! Let's hope it'll all go well!

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Day 10 done! Hurray! One 3rd is done! And my weigh in went well. I lost just over 2lbs and 2.5 inches. I am glad as I was really nervous!

Today it was quick NMTZ. I did pretty well. It was the first time I could do the surrender ones with the weights. Before I always just held my arms up and this already hurt. I felt much stronger in my arms today. I was dripping with sweat though. I too like NMTZ!

I did take some before and 10 day after pictures and I can really see a difference in myself. Can't wait to see what the next 10 days will bring! Let's hope it'll all go well!

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy

Day 10 and I did ALL of NMTZ...didn't think I would make it through but I did! :smooched:
This discussion has been closed.