30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Coleen: This is a great result you got from the Shred! I don't mind if we don't do exactly the same routine. I do have the other JM workouts so I'll be interested to hear how you get on!

So Monday here we come!

And just out of interest do you know what tattoo you would get?

The first one I'm getting is going to be a stylized earprint, on my right forearm. I'm nursing my last baby, and I want something to commemorate that part of my mothering since soon I wont' have any nurslings. The next one I want is a peacock feather w/dragonflies. Eventually I may get a large one on my back, but that's a much bigger investment in time and money, so that's for later on down the road.

BTW I love love love your profile photo!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Coleen: This is a great result you got from the Shred! I don't mind if we don't do exactly the same routine. I do have the other JM workouts so I'll be interested to hear how you get on!

So Monday here we come!

And just out of interest do you know what tattoo you would get?

The first one I'm getting is going to be a stylized earprint, on my right forearm. I'm nursing my last baby, and I want something to commemorate that part of my mothering since soon I wont' have any nurslings. The next one I want is a peacock feather w/dragonflies. Eventually I may get a large one on my back, but that's a much bigger investment in time and money, so that's for later on down the road.

BTW I love love love your profile photo!

I like your ideas! The one with the ear is a sweet idea!!

And thanks about the profile pic! I love Marilyn Monroe!
  • Daisy80
    Hurray!! Day 1 is done! Really happy. It is a lovely, sunny day in London and my boyfriend and me went for a long walk! We had a lunch on our way back (I did pretty well and went for a healthy-ish option) and when we came back I just felt knackered. The sun and walking just tired my out. But I just said to myself: 'come on now or never'. And just did it.

Now I feel great I did! The workout itself was hard but I felt good as I could see how much I have improved since the last time I tried it. Not sure when this was but probably over a year ago. The cardio bit was "easier" then before. I am sure though I'll be sore tomorrow!

How did everybody else do?

All the best

Daisy
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Hi Daisy,
    I'm doing ok, did the workout today and yesterday, but I am stuck with BFBM at the moment as I still haven't received 30DS or NMTZ. I'll swop from BFBM once they arrive, hopefully not long but I did order them on free delivery so I guess it could be a few more days yet. I'm also in the UK, Surrey and I did find working out in the heat tough going as lunch is really the only time I can actually fit it in!! Looking forward to some variety now as have been doing BFBM for about a month...
  • Collinsky
    Today was Day 2 - the workout is so much easier than it was just a month ago. Even though it's still challenging, and I have to use modifications for some things (about two-thirds of the pushups, I'm still on my knees, but it was 100% when I started!) It's amazing how far a body can come in such a short time.

I'm glad you started this, I think the Slimdown plan is just the ticket! Tomorrow is No More Trouble Zones, which is one I don't have. I'm wondering what to substitute for that - 6 Week 6 Pack or Shred It With Weights? I can also do one of the Shred workouts or Boost Metabolism.
  • Daisy80
    Hi Daisy,
    I'm doing ok, did the workout today and yesterday, but I am stuck with BFBM at the moment as I still haven't received 30DS or NMTZ. I'll swop from BFBM once they arrive, hopefully not long but I did order them on free delivery so I guess it could be a few more days yet. I'm also in the UK, Surrey and I did find working out in the heat tough going as lunch is really the only time I can actually fit it in!! Looking forward to some variety now as have been doing BFBM for about a month...

Great work :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much about the workouts! You;re moving so doing great! Plus BFBM is even longer than the Shred so you are doing even more!
    It was hot today. I am in London and the rain was quite a relief this time...
  • Daisy80
    Today was Day 2 - the workout is so much easier than it was just a month ago. Even though it's still challenging, and I have to use modifications for some things (about two-thirds of the pushups, I'm still on my knees, but it was 100% when I started!) It's amazing how far a body can come in such a short time.

I'm glad you started this, I think the Slimdown plan is just the ticket! Tomorrow is No More Trouble Zones, which is one I don't have. I'm wondering what to substitute for that - 6 Week 6 Pack or Shred It With Weights? I can also do one of the Shred workouts or Boost Metabolism.

Yes Day 2 done!! Hurray! I agree that it feels much easier than it did when I first started! I can only do 5 pushups on my toes though! I am sure that I will improve over the next 30 days....

I'm glad you two joined in! I am looking forward to do the whole 30 days with you ladies! :smile:

I don't know Shred It With Weights and of course I am no expert but I think I would go for 6W6P. Only cause it is an all over body toning workout as well and I think it is about the same length?

Which ever one you choose it'll be good!

I am a bit worried about tomorrow...Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to start a job. I am a (mature)student and on my summer break. So I'll start work in a pub tomorrow. I have to do a shift from 12-11.30 (1h break in between) It is a tiring job as you are constantly moving and carrying. I'll exercise before my shift and hoping I won't be too tired for the rest of the day. I'll try to see my shift as extra workout!

Here is to Day 3 ladies! Tomorrow 10% will be done :wink:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member

I haven't done my final weigh in and measurements, but I've lost about 8 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I'm really happy with it, and since I feel like Jillian is working for me, I want to keep going ... but I want to mix it up so I stay interested! So, yes - I'm in, as long as no one minds that I won't be doing the exact same workouts, at least for the first couple weeks. :smile:

I am currently doing 30DS I am on week 3 I did week one of level1 week two I did level2 and on Sunday I did level three and will stick with level three until I am done. I have not taken my measurements so have no idea where I am at I actually gained 2.5 lbs the first week. it looks like I have lost 1lb of the two and half that I gained. I am wondering how many calories did you eat when doing the program?
  • Collinsky
    Hi WL32, I sent you a PM! :smile:
  • shoppie
    I have done BFBM twice today - once at 6 am and again at lunch! i've had a really stressful 24 hours so it seemed a god way to rid myself of all the aggression! Feeling very virtuous now, but also very anxious to receive my other workout DVDs as I know BFBM virtually move by move now!

Daisy - hope working out and then your shift pans out ok, think you have to do it that way round really as I def wouldn't do the workout if I left it till afterwards!!

weightloss32 - make sure you are drinking plenty, as otherwise you will retain water working out especially if it is hot where you are. I am using the automatic inpu for circuit training to record the workout, which allows me tons of cals (something like 500 for 50 mins!), I am only eating a couple of hundred extra and I am still full-time breastfeeding too which is another 500(ish) cals per day. So for full-time nursing, 50 mins exercise and normal 1200 cals I should be eating around 2200 technically, I typically eat around 1500, at weekends up to about 1800 - so between 400 and 700 less than target...
  • Collinsky

Yes Day 2 done!! Hurray! I agree that it feels much easier than it did when I first started! I can only do 5 pushups on my toes though! I am sure that I will improve over the next 30 days....

I'm glad you two joined in! I am looking forward to do the whole 30 days with you ladies! :smile:

I don't know Shred It With Weights and of course I am no expert but I think I would go for 6W6P. Only cause it is an all over body toning workout as well and I think it is about the same length?

Which ever one you choose it'll be good!

I am a bit worried about tomorrow...Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to start a job. I am a (mature)student and on my summer break. So I'll start work in a pub tomorrow. I have to do a shift from 12-11.30 (1h break in between) It is a tiring job as you are constantly moving and carrying. I'll exercise before my shift and hoping I won't be too tired for the rest of the day. I'll try to see my shift as extra workout!

Here is to Day 3 ladies! Tomorrow 10% will be done :wink:

Day 3 done! I did go with 6W6P. I hadn't tried that workout before, so it was all new.

How is the new job?? Good luck with it! Everything you do gets you fitter. :drinker:
  • tifffanyD
    tifffanyD Posts: 44 Member
    I finished day 29 today! Only one more day to go... can't wait! This program was quite exhausting... but I do feel stronger now. Looking forward to doing more cardio/zumba and shorter strength/circuit training workouts once it's over!
  • tifffanyD
    Where'd everyone go? Well I finished my challenge today!! Must say that the NMTZ gets to be a LOT easier - still get a good workout with it but it's not anywhere near impossible. Hope you all are doing well with your workouts!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I am interested in doing the 30 day slimdown. I have the 30 day shred and BFBM and I could buy NMTZ. But what is quick Trouble Zones? Is that just a shorter version of No More Trouble Zones? I can't seem to find info about this anywhere.
  • tifffanyD
    I am interested in doing the 30 day slimdown. I have the 30 day shred and BFBM and I could buy NMTZ. But what is quick Trouble Zones? Is that just a shorter version of No More Trouble Zones? I can't seem to find info about this anywhere.

I read it was NMTZ with no matwork... so I did circuits 1, 3, and 4 (shoulders, biceps, and triceps)
  • shoppie
    I'm still here, still going, day 6. But my other DVDs still haven't arrived so I've just been doing BFBM every day! i think I'm probably going to start again when the DVDs arrive as I didn't mind being a few days out but now its basically a week!

One question, on your day off, did you all have a day off exercise or is some other form of exercise ok?
  • tifffanyD
    I'm still here, still going, day 6. But my other DVDs still haven't arrived so I've just been doing BFBM every day! i think I'm probably going to start again when the DVDs arrive as I didn't mind being a few days out but now its basically a week!

One question, on your day off, did you all have a day off exercise or is some other form of exercise ok?

At first I tried taking my off days off... but then I was fidgety and couldn't eat as much! So I usually did zumba or played some just dance on the wii... something lower intensity :) I also sometimes did this in addition to the 30 day slimdown workouts...
  • Daisy80
    Hi Ladies

I am back!! I am sorry but the last few days I was just so exhausted I didn't even touch my computer! I haven't been doing great!

I was so shattered in the mornings that I could not get up and exercise. I did Day 4 which was the Shred. I can tell you though I am aching all over anyway. As I wanted to get and extra workout I made sure not to stop. I am not sure what to do now. Maybe I should restart my week? I don't think I will go back to the job. I really didn't like it there. I am going away on Wednesday but I am hoping to find something else before....

Glad to see everyone else is still going!

What do you think shall do? Restart or keep going?

Daisy
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    So I am dragging today and so happy I am only doing "quick trouble zones" tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day but I think I may just skip to day 8, i'm not good at skipping days it knocks me out of a routine and I find it harder to work out the following day after taking one off.
  • shoppie
    The thing about not eating as much is what's worrying me Tiffany :blushing: :laugh: I might do a long walk or something that's not very intensive but will earn me a couple of hundred cals. Must admit, I am looking forward to a day off BFBM, but mainly cos I'm a bit bored of it after 6 days straight :blushing: That makes me think the 30 DS on its own wouldn't be for me!!

Daisy - sorry you didn't like your job at all. So did you just do day 1 and 4 so far? If so tbh I'd be tempted to restart as tomorrow is a rest day anyway. But if you have only missed say one, I'd do tomorrow as well and then you;d be able to catch up.
This discussion has been closed.