30 Day Slimdown

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Ugh, so bummed...I only burned 146 cals doing level 3 of the shred! So far that's the least amt of cals burned. It's interesting to see how many cals each dvd burns. So far BFBM tops at 316, which is what I expected since it's all cardio. I guess all the floor stuff on the other videos lowers the heart rate so less burned. But I do feel like I worked hard. I guess that's what counts.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member

Daisy - That's great that you're finding the shred easier now. O gosh, I hadn't even looked at the last week of the plan...yikes! I don't think there's any way I could do even quick trouble zones after doing BFBM! But who knows, maybe by then I will have more stamina. Doubtful though, lol.

I have printed the schedule out and hang it on my wardrobe and every day I cross out the day I have done. Gives me a great feeling to do that after my workout :happy:
    I hope my stamina will improve by then...I might swap it around I thought. Doing quick NMTZ and then BFBM. Only because when I am doing quick NMTZ I usually feel like I can do more but after BFBM I am usually knackered! What do you think? That can't do any harm really could it?
  • Daisy80
    Ugh, so bummed...I only burned 146 cals doing level 3 of the shred! So far that's the least amt of cals burned. It's interesting to see how many cals each dvd burns. So far BFBM tops at 316, which is what I expected since it's all cardio. I guess all the floor stuff on the other videos lowers the heart rate so less burned. But I do feel like I worked hard. I guess that's what counts.

I am surprised about that. I was just thinking about the calories while working out. I also thought the burn for BFBM would be higher. I have read a few times that it burns about 500 cals. It certainly feels like it should :happy:

As you said we are working hard and that matters really doesn't it!
  • Daisy80

Hit 30 lbs lost today - hooray! I would be ecstatic if I lost another 4 lbs in the second half of this thing, as that would actually take me to target, but that's probably unrealistic. I'll take whatever I can get basically! (I will be shifting my target lower when I get there btw, my current target is to be a healthy weight for my height on the BMI scale)

Has anyone seen much change in themselves as yet? The biggest changes for me are:
    I can actully do some planks on my side (I literally couldn't even do one to start with)
    My shoulders are definitly much stronger and cope much better with planks/ walking planks/ travelling planks/ push ups etc - though I do still do all these on my knees rather than full length
    I *think* I am seeing more waist definition, though am waiting till the end to measure again

Well done on the loss! 30lbs is amazing!! How long did that take you if you don't mind me asking? I am sure you could come close to 4lbs in the last 15 days. You are doing so well and working so hard so it won't be long till it comes off!

I can definitely see a difference in myself. My belly and waist look slimmer. At the 10 day mark I did a little before and after picture for myself and I can really see a difference! It is my weigh in day tomorrow. I am nervous and I don't feel any slimmer really compared to last week. We will see. Wish me luck...
  • idauria

Daisy - That's great that you're finding the shred easier now. O gosh, I hadn't even looked at the last week of the plan...yikes! I don't think there's any way I could do even quick trouble zones after doing BFBM! But who knows, maybe by then I will have more stamina. Doubtful though, lol.

I have printed the schedule out and hang it on my wardrobe and every day I cross out the day I have done. Gives me a great feeling to do that after my workout :happy:
    I hope my stamina will improve by then...I might swap it around I thought. Doing quick NMTZ and then BFBM. Only because when I am doing quick NMTZ I usually feel like I can do more but after BFBM I am usually knackered! What do you think? That can't do any harm really could it?

I like your idea of hanging up the schedule and crossing off the days. I just pull it up on the computer to see where I'm at but sometimes I forget what day I am on. Maybe I'll print it up and start crossing off the days too. I don't think it matters what order you do the workouts. Yeah, I totally get you on BFBM. I am so done after that one. That's why I can't see doing anything else after that.
  • idauria

I am surprised about that. I was just thinking about the calories while working out. I also thought the burn for BFBM would be higher. I have read a few times that it burns about 500 cals. It certainly feels like it should :happy:

As you said we are working hard and that matters really doesn't it!

I think every person burns a different amount of cals and it depends on how much you have to lose. I don't really have much, I'm more interested in toning up and losing the belly flab. But it's still disappointing in seeing 146 when it feels like I am working hard!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member

That's because your cardiovascular system is getting stronger and more efficient...it's actually a good thing :smile:
  • nisijam5

I think the rationale is to have the stamina to get thru BFBM and then taper to QTZ...but, you should do what works for you...I happen to like BFBM and loath NMTZ....I tolerate QTZ since I alternate evens and odds...good luck
  • nisijam5
    Day 1, July 15th, Shred #1...182 cals
    Day 2, July 16th, Shred #1...186 cals
    July 17th, Rest day
    Day 3, July 18th, NMTZ...437 cals
    Day 4, July 19th Shred #1...184 cals
    Day 5, July 20th, BFBM...440 cals
    July 21st, river tubing 3 hours
    Day 6, July 23rd, QTZ...305 cals
    July 24th, Warrior Dash in MN...500 cals
    July 25th, Rest day, WD was killer (Shred 1, 2, 3 combined)
    Day 7, July 26th, plan to Shred #1...150 cals

When I hit day 15, I'll remeasure and hope to lose some rotten inches
  • idauria

That's because your cardiovascular system is getting stronger and more efficient...it's actually a good thing :smile:

So does that mean as your heart gets stronger you burn less calories?
  • nisijam5

So does that mean as your heart gets stronger you burn less calories?

The heart is a muscle. When you work out consistently, It beats more efficiently when the body demands oxygen. You will also notice a lower resting heart rate. With the increased efficiency of the heart it doesn't have to work so hard. So, yes, you will burn a few less calories.
  • idauria
    Kim, that makes total sense. So I shouldn't freak out when I burn less cals than I think I should!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member

Hit 30 lbs lost today - hooray! I would be ecstatic if I lost another 4 lbs in the second half of this thing, as that would actually take me to target, but that's probably unrealistic. I'll take whatever I can get basically! (I will be shifting my target lower when I get there btw, my current target is to be a healthy weight for my height on the BMI scale)

Has anyone seen much change in themselves as yet? The biggest changes for me are:
    I can actully do some planks on my side (I literally couldn't even do one to start with)
    My shoulders are definitly much stronger and cope much better with planks/ walking planks/ travelling planks/ push ups etc - though I do still do all these on my knees rather than full length
    I *think* I am seeing more waist definition, though am waiting till the end to measure again

Well done on the loss! 30lbs is amazing!! How long did that take you if you don't mind me asking? I am sure you could come close to 4lbs in the last 15 days. You are doing so well and working so hard so it won't be long till it comes off!

I can definitely see a difference in myself. My belly and waist look slimmer. At the 10 day mark I did a little before and after picture for myself and I can really see a difference! It is my weigh in day tomorrow. I am nervous and I don't feel any slimmer really compared to last week. We will see. Wish me luck...

Well yesterday I got through Day 15 and today I completed Day 16

I just got a compliment this evening about 15 mins ago from a girl from HS and she asked me are you lifting, I see definition in your arms...I was like WOW...I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slim Down challenge on MFP...she'd never heard of MFP but was looking it up on her blackberry!

Felt good to know people are seeing ALL MY HARD WORK!
  • nisijam5

I just got a compliment this evening about 15 mins ago from a girl from HS and she asked me are you lifting, I see definition in your arms...I was like WOW...I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slim Down challenge on MFP...she'd never heard of MFP but was looking it up on her blackberry!

Felt good to know people are seeing ALL MY HARD WORK!

Yay for a NSV!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Kim, that makes total sense. So I shouldn't freak out when I burn less cals than I think I should!

Nope, you shouldn't freak out...it's all good!! :wink:
  • idauria

Nope, you shouldn't freak out...it's all good!! :wink:

But does it also mean that I won't lose weight as quickly?
  • nisijam5
    I am unsure if you will lose weight slower because if you increase your resting metabolism rate, you burn more calories with normal activities during the day.

It also means that you have to challenge your heart and body by switching things up. This is why the 30 day slimdown is so good. It increases in intensity over time and lengthens the workouts. Typically, a body will "memorize" a routine and become more efficient as time goes on. It's just what our bodies are designed to do.

I was burning 170s with Shred #1, yesterday I was at 150 after Day 7, today I will do Shred #2 according to the schedule and see what I burn today. Should be interesting....
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 680 Member
    Day 17 NMTZ's complete. I am not seeing any weight loss lately at all. Is anyone else? I need to measure again just to see if maybe I am losing inches. It is getting very discouraging!:sad:
  • nisijam5
    Week #1, July 15th thru July 26th

Victories:
    1884 cals burned
    4 real push-ups
    Bumped weight to 8 lb. for chest flys and back rows
    Only burned 150 calories with shred #1 which is down from the 180s, means that my heart is getting stronger
    Punching squats with 3 lb. weights

Week #2
    Day 8, July 27th, Shred #2...197 cals
  • idauria
    One of the reasons I wanted to do the slimdown is the diversity. I get bored easily which is why I stopped doing the elliptical followed by a weight routine. I am not doing shred levels 1 and 2 because I've done them many times and I wanted a challenge so I am subbing level 3 of the shred and level 1 of ripped in 30. I wonder what I should do when the routine calls for level 2 of the shred. I don't want to go "backwards" but in all honesty level 2 still kicks my butt. It will be interesting to see how I fare after doing level 3 for a few weeks now.
This discussion has been closed.