Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to make supper for the family and I thought I would share this awesome yummy recipe with all of you!

Chicken Picatta with mushrooms and spaghetti

Ingredients:
    1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied and pounded thin
    1 lb Fresh Mushrooms
    1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti
    Low Sodium Chicken Broth
    Onion and Garli (measure to your tastes)
    Flour
    salt and pepper to taste
    I throw in a splash of milk and a cup or so of baby spinach at the end and let it wilt down adds lots of vitamins!

Directions:
    Cook Pasta (we all know how to do that!)
    Heath olive oil in a pan, lightly dust chicken with flour, cook until crispy, and set aside.
    Chop onions, and garlic and throw in the pan, slice mushrooms and add them.
    Once the onions and mushrooms are cooked down add a little bit of salt and pepper and about a tablespoon of the flour, let it cook out.
    Add Chicken broth, I use almost an entire box, it just depends on what you want your sauce to pasta ratio to be. Let it thicken up and add a splash of milk. Salt and pepper to taste. Throw in the spinach if you wish, and then add the chicken back to the sauce.

Let the chicken heat through then serve over whole wheat spaghetti.

This recipe is SO yummy even my non-dieting hubby and 2 year old love it! Hope yall enjoy!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The point System:

Cardio Challenge: If you finished the 4 day challenge of Cardio, you earn a point for your team.

Strength Challenge: If you completed your 5 day Squat Challenge, you earn a point for your team.

Food Challenge: Kitchen closed atleast by 9:30 this week, you earned a point for your team.

Emotional Challenge: If you wrote a reason for your weight gain, you earned a point for your team.

*Each team member can earn a total of 4 points for the week. Team Captains please post your teams totals on the SAHMU main group page by Tuesday night and I will give the results by Wednesday morning.

*After we weigh in Wednesday each team Captain will give me a total weight loss for the week and the team with the highest weightloss for the week will earn there extra point on Thursday.

* I will post the new weeks challenge to start Wednesday 7/27 either tonight or tomorrow night.

Everyone is doing a great job and I am excited to start our second week of the challenge!
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Team Green
    Week 1 Total Points

Karie-4

*Please just add your name and paste and copy this so we can have a total by tomorrow night.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Okay Team Red, time to post any missed days so I can get a total for our first week.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten about this thread. I was paying attn to the blue thread lol oops
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Team Green
    Week 1 Total Points

Karie-4

*Please just add your name and paste and copy this so we can have a total by tomorrow night.

Did not mean to post this here meant to post it on my team thread...sorry!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The point System:

Cardio Challenge: If you finished the 4 day challenge of Cardio, you earn a point for your team.

Strength Challenge: If you completed your 5 day Squat Challenge, you earn a point for your team.

Food Challenge: Kitchen closed atleast by 9:30 this week, you earned a point for your team.

Emotional Challenge: If you wrote a reason for your weight gain, you earned a point for your team.

*Each team member can earn a total of 4 points for the week. Team Captains please post your teams totals on the SAHMU main group page by Tuesday night and I will give the results by Wednesday morning.

*After we weigh in Wednesday each team Captain will give me a total weight loss for the week and the team with the highest weightloss for the week will earn there extra point on Thursday.

* I will post the new weeks challenge to start Wednesday 7/27 either tonight or tomorrow night.

Everyone is doing a great job and I am excited to start our second week of the challenge!
    Karie

Aren't we also doing an extra point for whoever posted before pictures? Or no?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

There was debate about the picture point so maybe we can have a point added at the end of the 60 days for anyone who has posted a before and after during our challenge. I would like to know what you all think?
  • NewLife_11
    Options

[/quote]

There was debate about the picture point so maybe we can have a point added at the end of the 60 days for anyone who has posted a before and after during our challenge. I would like to know what you all think?
    [/quote]

Lets do this you get a a personal point added to your teams total if you take a before pic and you can post this picture anytime during the challenge, so you can raise your teams total by adding a picture. So each team has a total of 5 points they can earn for this during the 60 days. I think a picture is good motivation for you to keep on track. What do you all think?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Here is our Week 2 Challenge
    *I want to give a special thank you to losinit-4-good(Team Green) and tigertown11(Team Orange) for helping me with this weeks challenges.

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK, heres my question..If I can't do jumping jacks, what can replace them? I have Transverse Myelitis so basically anything involving my legs running, jumping, tip-toeing, squatting, things like that are out of the question. I can't even walk without support like a walker, stroller or shopping cart. This is the reason i am undergoing physical therapy. I have been doing different types of cardio on a daily basis and my PT has me doing strength training. I dont want to be a handicap for my team so some input would be greatly appreciated :-)
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    OK, heres my question..If I can't do jumping jacks, what can replace them? I have Transverse Myelitis so basically anything involving my legs running, jumping, tip-toeing, squatting, things like that are out of the question. I can't even walk without support like a walker, stroller or shopping cart. This is the reason i am undergoing physical therapy. I have been doing different types of cardio on a daily basis and my PT has me doing strength training. I dont want to be a handicap for my team so some input would be greatly appreciated :-)

If you can maybe add some kind of extra cardio to your routine that would work. I don't want you to feel discouraged at all, we will work with you on this for sure. On your team thread make sure you mention that you did this extra cardio and what it is for your point. Will this work for you?
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm excited for the new challenge!! Gonna have to make sure my downstairs tenants are out and about before I do the jumping jacks or they might hate me! haha.

Thought I'd share with you ladies, the picture that prompted me to start my weight loss in the beginning of 2010, and where I am at today (I did fall off track from mid 2010- a few weeks ago, mind you!)

Picnikcollage.jpg

EDIT: trying to resize it!! Ugh I give up, it's still huge :(
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!!! If there is anyone who would still like to join in on our challenge, please let me know. I seem to have an opening on Team Red. Have a great day.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I decided to have my 7 year old (Caeleb) take a pic of me tonight so I can have a recent one and have one to post here for you all.
    Here's my current pic (at 141 lbs):
    IMG_0003.jpg

Here's my before pic (at around 223 lbs. This was taken in July 2010 and I started my journey in September 2010):
    July2010.jpg

Wow! That is inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have a question for everyone. Does anyone else go over on their protein? What are your thoughts? Is it bad or probably ok?

Im almost always over my protein, sometimes fiber, and.... under my calories. I know, I know bad bad lol but it seems to be working so far and I dont go to be hungry.
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey ladies..awesome job so far!!!!

Just wanted to kinda let yall know that I injured my knee pretty bad yesterday wearing unsupportive shoes during an intense workout. (I have prolapsed ankles so I REALLY need that support) Anyway...feeling really down and discouraged today since I cannot exercise...I can hardly walk. It's so swollen I can barely bend it. So I know I'm retaining lots of fluid, ick! Hopefully it will get better asap =/

Hope you feel better soon
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm excited for the new challenge!! Gonna have to make sure my downstairs tenants are out and about before I do the jumping jacks or they might hate me! haha.

Thought I'd share with you ladies, the picture that prompted me to start my weight loss in the beginning of 2010, and where I am at today (I did fall off track from mid 2010- a few weeks ago, mind you!)

Picnikcollage.jpg

EDIT: trying to resize it!! Ugh I give up, it's still huge :(

You look completely different! You are doing so awesome!
    And your little boy is adorable too :)
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I noticed that some of you may not be able to do the jumping jack challenge, don't worry you can replace it with 20min extra cardio per day or some other form of strength training you are able to do so that your team gets there point. If you have an injury we don't want you to hurt yourself even worse. I hope this helps!

Karie
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOO GO STAY AT HOME MOMS!!! :happy: