DITR Round4 Week1

Options

Replies

• CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 117
    Options
    Friday's QOTD: Who has been the most inspirational/motivating person to you since you started trying to improve your health and why?

Not just one person, really ... MFP friends who keep me accountable and my family who exercises with me.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    All my friends over on the fit 4 fall challenge have been amazing the past few weeks and previously when we did the midsummer madness challenge. They've helped me though some very low moments and are so caring. Over time it's become a little family.

I dont have much encouragement from my family except from my sister and we dont have a very strong relationship.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Dun...dun...dunnnn...
    motivation.jpg

I saw this posted on one of the other forums and ever since I have secretly checked it out almost every day. THIS is what I want, a STRONG yet SOFT body.

OMG! Now that's what I want too. Soft and Strong. I have this issue of Fitness Magazine from a few years ago with Daisy Fuentes. I've kept it for so long because I love that she looks so fit, but feminine. That's what I want.
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Fridays QOTD : To be honest i dont have anyone motivating me (in real life) ecxept for myself... but i think the girls (and guys) on MFP really help, they dont even know you but they always give truthfull (but friendly) advice and support whenever you need it.... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST :D
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Fridays QOTD : To be honest i dont have anyone motivating me (in real life) ecxept for myself... but i think the girls (and guys) on MFP really help, they dont even know you but they always give truthfull (but friendly) advice and support whenever you need it.... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST :D
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone in particular that I look to for motivation, my hubby is quite supportive, just wish he will join me as he has weight to loose as well.
    He does support me, he isn't negative or anything but he still will make some excuses although he also excepts he eats too much.
    I'll keep plodding on and hopefully he will get on board.
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW LUSTRIS!! Is it possible to get a figure like that? If so.. I'M IN!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I don't have anyone motivating me sadly. Although there is a somewhat special person in my life and I want to look and feel my best around them :)

My MFP musicgirl88 has been an inspiration though! x
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Alright, I am soooooo behind on everything. I'm so sorry, I had no idea I would have so much going on this week and such little opportunity to get on the computer.

Friday's QOTD: Who has been the most inspirational/motivating person to you since you started trying to improve your health and why?

The most motivating person in my life has been my husband. He's never given me a hard time about eating different foods or needing to work out. He always offers to watch the kids or do whatever he can to make sure that I have time to get a workout in if I need to. And he pushes me a little bit when I'm having a hard time keeping on track myself.

LUCKY U - U r blessed by having such a cooperating & caring Hubby
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    I have got no 1 to motivate me the way i want Minute by minute day by day :)

that's y joined MFP & am happy to be a part of such a team :)
  • Hayaa79
    Options

luvd the way U explained GOOD LUCK

THANKS DOLL, and good luck to you with your goals as well!

Thanxxx:flowerforyou:
  • Hayaa79
    Options

luvd the way U explained GOOD LUCK

THANKS DOLL, and good luck to you with your goals as well!

Thanxxx:flowerforyou:
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay. My daughter had a small surgery yesterday and I have been busy helping her. My WI is not what I wanted but I did not plan my food yesterday and had fast food. Can't believe how much calories it all has.

My WI today is 155.8

Laura Yelow Team
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Myself I guess - I noticed instantly how different I felt and how loose my clothes were and I actually find it kind of uncomfortable when other people comment on how I look (even if its to say I lost weight) -- other than obviously my SO. It does feel really good when he tells me he can see I lost a lot of weight.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    As much as i'd like to say someone in my fam, I have to say MFP friends have been the most inspirational. Everyones dedication and motivation is absolutely awesome. I love to see all the big losses in the ticker bars too... It makes me really believe I can succeed!
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday : whats your motivation? whether it be a celebrity body, a friend, or even just because you want to feel good for yourself... what motivates you to keep going when it gets tough?

I'm motivated by lots of things. I don’t want to embarass my son. I want to feel healthy and be able to move comfortably and without a noticeable effort. I’d like to quit using my weight as an excuse and actively participate in life. I want my self- confident feeling back. Gosh, I love (and miss) that feeling! My fat photos are eye openers although I’m trying to give up motivation via guilt and shame. It can be a bit harsh and unforgiving.

Myself and my MFP BFF, Lustris. I feel responsible for my weight loss, my body, and my life therefore self-motivation is critical. I’m often surprised at some of the things I can do. BUT, I must say it’s Lustris and this challenge that keep me logging in everyday. Like she said, we joined MFP at the same time and we’ve been plugging away together every since. She’s so inspiring, smart, funny and super terrific! I’m not convinced I’d keep doing this if it wasn’t for her… and you. I’m motivated by the strength of others and when you show up every single day and post your amazing progress, I’m inspired to do more and eat less.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday : whats your motivation? whether it be a celebrity body, a friend, or even just because you want to feel good for yourself... what motivates you to keep going when it gets tough?

What motivates me is my health. I want to live the best life God has for me and I know I cannot do that without taking care of my temple. Its a daily challenge but I know I can do all things through him that give me strength.

I have to say my coworkers. My family and boyfriend have not been as supportive as I hope. My coworkers have lost 50 and 40 lbs with MFP and that gives me hope:flowerforyou:
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    QOTD Saturday:

What do you do when you reach a plateau, what works for you and how do you stick to it?

Im still experimenting and need help getting the scale down!! For me it' no goal no glory, so I write down all my progress and have a weekly calendar to keep track of everything. my weekly burn goal is now 4200 instead of 3500, I stopped eating past 8pm and i try to work out an hour a day, 5 times a week instead of 30min 4 times a week.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hit a major plateu just before I broke into onderland - hovering just above it for ages.
    I tried changing my exercise plans, then I changed my goals to loose just 0.5lb a week for two weeks
    and then upped it back to loose 2lb a week ( i have over 40lbs to loose so can afford to set it that high)
    seems to have worked
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    QOTD Saturday:

What do you do when you reach a plateau, what works for you and how do you stick to it?

Usually there is something that we can change when we hit a plateau. We can either change up our exercise routine or our food. Sometimes your body just gets used to the same routine, so it's not being pushed anymore.

So far on this part of my journey I have not hit a plateau. But when I get there, I'm sure we all do at some point, I will re-evaluate my plan and mix things up.
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would say re-evaluate my food intake and change my workout routine.

Laura