30 DS Starting 08/01 - Does anyone wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Just finished L1D1 of the Shred :bigsmile:

Man it was a workout! I was breathing hard and sweating! I started out using 3lb weights and then decided not to use any weights at all. Hopefully by day 4 or 5 I can start using my weights again.

M.:heart:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is done. I am disappointed in how few cals I burned, but I am happy that it is WAY easier than when I first bought it.

Am I supposed to send in measurements too? If so, I can cut and paste them.

Thanks!!
  • lisey116
    lisey116 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we're in this together! I started 30ds a month or so ago and stopped after day 6 or 7 just cuz I started doing other workouts too. I'm sad I quit because that is just proof of my usual workout cycle Full mode and than quit. So I'm glad I'm here and starting over again with all of you! I did it of course with knee push ups, but I was able to get through the rest pretty well and was pretty sweaty by the end!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    woo hoo day one complete!

i burned more calories i think than what i put it in as, but id rather underestimate than over!

i also did pushups on my knees, and on the side lunges skipped the arms a couple times.....that one just kills me......i love the punches though, great core and heart rate exercise!

im wondering if im the only one that does this, but i play 30ds on my laptop and watch a dvd of a show i like on the tv in the background. according to by bodybugg, it doesnt seem to really change my calories burned (actually a slight increase as opposed to not watching tv). i think it helps me to focus more on something else on the TV rather than "omg i have 23 more seconds left of this effin exercise", esp when you're on day 5 or so of the same stuff
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    day 2 done! :)
    found it harder today as i was really tired... but i saw it through, although i dont think i put 100% effort in, prob about 70%!!
    but i did the whole workout so that is a good thing
    keep up the good work :)
    xx
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing soo great. I'm happy for all of you or us :) I also modify some of the moves but we will get there I'm sure. I'll post the spread sheet tomorrow so if you didn't send your measuraments yet please do it :) Also some of you didn't send me all of your measuraments so when I post it tomorrow if you could just message me whatever is missing that would be great :) Thank you for being here and doing this with me :)
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday but I would love to join in on your 30 DS challenge for August. I was in bed last night and was thinking that I would love to start back up on 30 DS. A day late but better than nothing. Thanks!
  • Morglem
    Options
    I had some extra time this morning so I finished the spread sheet and I'm going to open another topic as a closed group with the starting stats. We can all follow the new post. Thanks :)
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im wondering if im the only one that does this, but i play 30ds on my laptop and watch a dvd of a show i like on the tv in the background. according to by bodybugg, it doesnt seem to really change my calories burned (actually a slight increase as opposed to not watching tv). i think it helps me to focus more on something else on the TV rather than "omg i have 23 more seconds left of this effin exercise", esp when you're on day 5 or so of the same stuff

I do the reverse! LOL I watch netflix on my laptop(or my iphone if I'm down on the machines exercising) and have the dvd on the tv. Glad I'm not the only one!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I had some extra time this morning so I finished the spread sheet and I'm going to open another topic as a closed group with the starting stats. We can all follow the new post. Thanks :)

can you link us to the new thread?

day #2 is all done :) very very happy its done my legs where burning today but I made it threw the entire thing and only modivided the push ups
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is in the bag! Still modified the push ups and even though my chest/shoulder muscles are screaming at me, I managed to do them all. Had a hard time with the side lunge thing again too for the same reason. Couldn't get my arms up as high, no matter how hard I tried. LOL But I did them all! Take that, Jillian!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down, much better! I did most of the butt kicks and did more of the modified pushups! Bring on day 3!
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    oops
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Just finished day 2 and my legs feel like they each weigh a ton! Doing modified push ups and until I get a more supportive bra, and holding my chest during jumping jacks which is difficult. Used canned vegetables as hand weights and I couldn't tell a difference so going to pick up hand weights tonight! Ow, definitely feeling some muscles I haven't felt in a while. Snack time now!
  • Morglem
    Options
    I makes me happy every time I tale a look here you are all doing so great! ( and me too :) )
  • Morglem
    Options
    I did not open the new topic yet, spread sheet is all done but I can't figure it out how to post it :( I'll ask my husband to help me later.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Starting today!!!!
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done today!! I modified the push ups and the squats just a little (knee pain). I made it all the way through, though! I finished off with 25 minutes on the treadmill. I am so glad to have this group for motivation! Can't wait to see everyone's results in 30 days.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    all finished day 2! things were a little sore today, but overall not bad

i find i struggle most witht he first circuit, then im good for the second and third
  • Morglem
    Options
    Great! Great! Great! I'm loving to see everyone so excited here! Bring on day 3 :)