30 DS Starting 08/01 - Does anyone wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    Ok I think I got everyone. Please send me your measuraments if you haven't yet :)

which measuraments do you want?
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Day 2 DONE! I am just glad nobody was here with me, because the noises I was making were quite scary. Lol! I am using 5lb weights half the time and 2lb the rest. I wasn't too awfully sore this AM, but I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a different story. I am loving it, though!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ok I think I got everyone. Please send me your measuraments if you haven't yet :)

which measuraments do you want?

I posted them in the begining of the thread :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down and feeling good about it! Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sore as heck, but I'm pumped for day 4!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4 and I am sick of it already. LOL I have to modify the side squats with the front arm raise - it makes my shoulder pop and hurt.

I'm going to stick with it - I like Level 2. :)
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    day 4 sorted!! :)
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Day 4 done! I went to do another round, but I just couldn't even get through the warm up. So I did a few mins of hardcore fast knee kicks instead. Measurements also taken.
  • Morglem
    Options
    30DS L1 D4 and 20 min. turbo Jam done! 30DS is getting a little easier, still on modified pushups and still can't do all the front lifts. How are you all doing? I'm out for most of the day but will be back later to check on you all! Have a great day! :) Happy shredding!
  • Morglem
    Options
    Stick with it girls! We can do this!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    day 4 all done and I did much better today :) the modified push-ups are getting alittle easier too yay even though they still suck lmbo
  • lisey116
    lisey116 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get up earlier and do this workout in the morning. By the time I get to it at night I am exhausted and its harder to get through even though I can handle mostly all of it. I did d3w1 last night and plan to follow through with day 4 tonight. Maybe if I do it right after work it won't be as bad.
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done! I really didn't want to get out of bed and do this today but I did and I feel great. I think I'll take a break this weekend since I"ll be out of town and try Level 2 next week (or at least on Monday) to spice things up.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. I want to punch her in the head. LOL. Also have my 40 minutes of biking done. I also want to punch my bike right now. ;)
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    Just finished level 1 for the day...thought I was getting stronger...but according to my HRM I didn't push it as hard as I did yesterday... I think I do better with this in the AM...so no more sleeping in for me!

BTW...my husband laughs at me because I yell at Jillian while doing it!

Also - curious how you guys handle your weights? Do you just use one?

I can handle a 10 or higher for the chest flies...but the side lunges with the front raise I can only use a 3 and keep good form and not kill myself...not sure how I feel about messing with different weights since this moves so fast. Wonder if I should stick with a smaller weight for this and just do a arm workout separately?
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I stick with just 1 set of weights. I don't want to push too hard and break myself. LOL
  • Morglem
    Options
    Day 4 done. I want to punch her in the head. LOL. Also have my 40 minutes of biking done. I also want to punch my bike right now. ;)

You are too funny! Great job!
  • Morglem
    Options
    Just finished level 1 for the day...thought I was getting stronger...but according to my HRM I didn't push it as hard as I did yesterday... I think I do better with this in the AM...so no more sleeping in for me!

BTW...my husband laughs at me because I yell at Jillian while doing it!

Also - curious how you guys handle your weights? Do you just use one?

I can handle a 10 or higher for the chest flies...but the side lunges with the front raise I can only use a 3 and keep good form and not kill myself...not sure how I feel about messing with different weights since this moves so fast. Wonder if I should stick with a smaller weight for this and just do a arm workout separately?

I'm doing everything with 5 because is the lowest I have. I'm thinking about doing some of it with 8s because I think I can handle it, but I don't know maybe I'll wait until day 7 or something. The front raise is definitely with the 5 for me could not go heavier, I actually could go lighter but I don't want to buy other set of weights :)
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Im the same with the weifghts - i use all 5s because its what i have, but could def go up or down depending on the exercise. Flies i could do with a 10, but the side lunges with arm lifts i wish i had a three

i didnt do the actual 30ds last night because fh suprised me with a movie date night! so i did about 12 minutes of stuff, making sure i did every exercise, but just not as long as it normally is. Tonight will be back to normal!

i just sis 45 minute cross country hike/ walk around the school im working at now, so thats some extra calorie burn compared to the normal flat walk i do at my other job.....ill check back in on you ladies later!
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    30DS done for today. I was pretty sore today, but it did seem to go by faster. Glad to see everyone is doing so well!!

I have a question for all of you runners. Are you doing the 30DS before or after your run? I am doing it before, but I really feel like my endurance is suffering. I just don't want to lose what I have worked the last 3 months for. (C25K) Maybe I should do it after my run?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Anyone mind if I jump in :)

I was posting in another thread, but it has gove rather quiet. I did day 10 today my last day of level 1. I missed a day, so its bee 11days altogether. Lost 2lb up to now and can tell a difference already. I have done each level of the shred a million times, but not ever over a 30 day straight period.