30 DS Starting 08/01 - Does anyone wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• brizzle125
    Options
    I'm starting a little late but I just got the DVD. I'm so excited to try it out
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm going to do it twice today. Once in about 10 mins, and another in a few hours. I've eaten a bit today. Oh dear!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I didn't manage to get the shred in yesterday (feel free to slap my wrists lol) i was cleanig cleaning cleaning and lost track of time! I'm back on it today though, i usually wait till my LO is napping so i don't have to fight him for my weights!

I'm using a mix of 3 and 5lb weights but if i had higher i'd probably be able to use them for some exercises.

Good luck today! On i've losy 2.4 lbs this week! :D and feel soooo much more energised and motivated than i ever have!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    day 5 - not done my 6am 30DS yet as was out last night so treated myself to a lay in
    will be doing it as soon as i get home from work tonight

is it cheating if i do a longer jillian dvd like BFBM instead of today 30ds???
    i feel like i wanna do a longer work out tonight?

what do you guys think??
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 for the day...thought I was getting stronger...but according to my HRM I didn't push it as hard as I did yesterday... I think I do better with this in the AM...so no more sleeping in for me!

BTW...my husband laughs at me because I yell at Jillian while doing it!

Also - curious how you guys handle your weights? Do you just use one?

I can handle a 10 or higher for the chest flies...but the side lunges with the front raise I can only use a 3 and keep good form and not kill myself...not sure how I feel about messing with different weights since this moves so fast. Wonder if I should stick with a smaller weight for this and just do a arm workout separately?

i`m useing 2pound weights there is no way I an ready to go heavier and still possible for me to keep form.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    30DS done for today. I was pretty sore today, but it did seem to go by faster. Glad to see everyone is doing so well!!

I have a question for all of you runners. Are you doing the 30DS before or after your run? I am doing it before, but I really feel like my endurance is suffering. I just don't want to lose what I have worked the last 3 months for. (C25K) Maybe I should do it after my run?

I'm not a runner, but I bike. I've found that doing the biking first helps me. I tried to do the 30DS prior to biking and thought I was going to die before 30 minutes of biking was done. So I'd say run first, Jillian last. LOL
  • BerryFruit
    Options
    I started this on another topic but I think the more the merrier right. I have just done day 5 and upped it to level 2. Its brutal but awesome.

Keep up the good work and we will see the changes through. :-D
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    For those of you who just started, STICK WITH IT! Yes, it hurts. Yes, you'll sweat. And those who have shoulder and neck pain, pay attention to how you're doing your crunches. Don't pull on the back of your head.... look at the ceiling. I'm on day 1 of level 3, and it has kicked my *kitten*, but it has worked like a charm. I know you'll be happy you didn't give up if you can just stick with it.

Sincerely,
    Walking Proof.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    C25K W2D3 and 30DS day 5 done! I'm tired :( Fridays are usually my day off so I think that my body really wants its day off, did I ask? NO. Body you are going to stay with me and do 5 more days of 30DS then I'll give you a whole day off, and stop the whinning you are annoying me! sigh... Anyway really didn't want to do anything today, but I pushed myself and did it! It's official! I hate push ups...grrrr... Today I used 8lbs for biceps and chest flies and 5lbs for everything else. I could really feel the difference with the 8lbs weight. The front lifts are still the worst (well its a tie with the stupid pushups), but I'll conquer them, both of them. How is everyone else doing? Have a great Friday everyone and Happy shredding!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    day #5 all done plus some crosstrainer time as well since we are eatting out tonight I wanted to make sure I had a good workout in this morning
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day five is done...nothing extraordinary. I'm thinking about adding level two to my workout in addition to my normal level one workout. Although, I have never officially made it through level 2 even once because of all those planks. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't rock the boat. I'm just kind of bored with level one, but I can feel the difference....I don't know. :smile:
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    About to do D5 right in a minute here. I'm going to be pushing myself a little hard today as I have spent the morning remodeling my kitchen, plus still did my treadmill and exercise bike. I'm nuts. I know I'm nuts. LOL
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    First day of level 2 (Day 11) done. did burn 40-50 more calories.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Day 5 done last night. Went to do it a second time and I couldn't. Did a little of circuit one then did my own thing for 10 mins which got me more out of breath.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job Everyone, cant wait to see all the awesome results! Is it day 30 yet? LOL
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Just completed day 4 (should be 5 but missed it yesterday) still cant bare the side bend and arm raises, i honestly hate them! everything else is improving, managed a couple more push ups (real ones) before having to go to my knees. I actually like the aching when you do the abs work, strange huh! i'd take abs aching over arm ach anyday!!

I've got lots of kids and my oh about tomorrow, i'm really hoping i'll be able to do it!

I've also realised that i am travelling to scotland next week for my mums wedding, and i'm not sure how i'm going to do this while i'm staying at my grans, i'll take my laptop maybe and see if i can get away with doing it in the bedroom! we shall see i suppose!
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done this AM. Did my 3 mile run before 30DS today....much better!
  • kell_riley
    Options
    I ran 4miles in the afternoon and did shred in the evening, I'm not sure I'd have been able to do them together so well done you!! :)
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So... I just started 30DS today and I couldn't even make it through the whole workout. :frown:
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Starting D1 of Level 2 today ... nervous but excited to be done with Level 1. It got old after 10 times :)