team yellow!

Options
hey girls (: i didn't know what else to make the title so i just used our color from the spread sheet. we can make a new thread once we have an official name and all that picked out. i just thought it would be easiest to discuss team names and get to know each other a little bit like this where we can all speak! pms are great but this way we can all give input and see what everyone else is thinking. i'm really excited to get this challenge going! i'm looking forward to getting to know the four of you over the course of it.

to start us off.. hi! i'm kaitlyn and i just turned 21 a few weeks ago. i'm a full time student (i'm off for the summer but transferring to a new school in august) and i am beyond ready to get rid of all this weight! who isn't, though, right? lol. weight's been an issue for me my whole life and i've been living this new healthier lifestyle since the end of march. i've been doing well so far but i know i've got a long road ahead of me!

alright so! now that my little intro is out of the way, does anyone have any names or ideas for names? did yall want to keep yellow incorporated somehow? thoughts/ideas?

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting this thread kaitlyn.....i tried to PM everyone but had to do it one at a time....i think this is a better way
    i looked up the word yellow in the thesaurus and did not like what it said but i really liked the antonyms....brave, bold, confident........so my suggestion was Brave and Bold....cause this is what we have to be
    karen
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Jenn. I am a 26 year old Labor and Delivery nurse in Arizona. I have completely been a yoyo dieter and this site seems to be giving me a lot more motivation then any other fad diet I've tried. I am excited for this journey with all of you. In regards to captains and team name I am the most uncreative person ever so I am ok with anything! Well look forward to the next couple of weeks.
  • samerene
    samerene Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi everyone Im samerene. I am 28 years old and I am not form USA im from lahore Pakistan:)..I am a pharmacist by profession but Presently Im working as a research scientist..I have adopted a healthier life style for couple of months now and im really looking fwd to this challenge..as for name suggestions I am still thinking but Bold n brave seeems nice:)
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    b&b babes? b&b beauties? lol maybe it's just me that feels the need to make our team name all cutesy since it's all girls. :P i haven't come up with any other ideas, though. it's kind of hard when we don't really have a theme or anything to go off of! it seems like everyone is really liking karen's idea though so maybe we should stick to that? also we need a team captain by this evening.. i'll volunteer to do that if no one else wants to (:
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi ya'll....my name is Verna, 42 years old from Denton, Texas. Like everybody else, I am just tired of this weight...tried it all to lose em' but my problem is motivation and impatience! ....I've come to realized that I am doing a life-changing style and not a "diet" so this time I intend to stick to it because I want it to be permanent....or least get out of the yo-yo pattern. Anyway, very excited to be a part of the team...WE CAN DO THIS!
  • samerene
    Options
    b&b babes? b&b beauties...lol thats cute...and I vote for you as captain coz your the youngest and i think that your energy will inspire us:)
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    I agree, I also vote you as captain. You took the initiative and started this message board topic. You seem very accountable.
  • karenleona
    Options
    b&b babes? b&b beauties? lol maybe it's just me that feels the need to make our team name all cutesy since it's all girls. :P i haven't come up with any other ideas, though. it's kind of hard when we don't really have a theme or anything to go off of! it seems like everyone is really liking karen's idea though so maybe we should stick to that? also we need a team captain by this evening.. i'll volunteer to do that if no one else wants to (:

thanks for voulunteering to be captain....if verna is ok with that then we should do it!
  • samerene
    Options
    where is everone?
  • samerene
    Options
    where is everone?
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    Im here! Ive just been using the internet on my phone the past two days because I didn't want to pay extra to use the wifi at the hotel. ill be home by tonight, though! Since no one had anything against bold brave beauties i went ahead and made that our team name. :D and this morning Jen posted a thread for the week one challenges. So let's get started!!

todays challenges are to be under on your calories (nutrition challenge) and to do 50 crunches (exercise challenge). So at the end of the day either post here or message me if you've done either of those. Try to do both if possible! We gotta rack up our points ladies (: good luck everyone! Ill post again later tonight to let you know how we did and fill you in on tomorrows challenges. Have a good friday!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    ok i have printed off the challenges for the week so i can post them on my fridge...this will halp me stay on track.
    i have no problem doing the 50 crunches as that is part of my routine when i go to the gym but not sure how i am going to do the 50 windshield wipers....they look a bit hard.....i am going to try a couple today at the gym.
    so we send the info to kaitlyn when we are done?? you can enter mine now as i am going to the gym right now and have my meals planned out fo rthe day....i am never over on gym days!!
    work hard everyone!! we can do this!
  • karenleona
    Options
    ok team yellow or????
    i completed the challenges for today and did an extra 2 miles on the stationary bike while i was at the gym
    Hope everyone else did well today
    new challenges for tomorrow!!
    karen
  • karenleona
    Options
    where is everone?

i see the time this was posted was 0457 our time so i bet everyone here is asleep when you are awake....no idea ho wto figure out the time difference...
  • samerene
    Options
    I forgotthat i am in a different time zone:)...anyways i did both the challenges for friday..
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hello everyone! i'm on eastern standard time. i'm in florida!

for today's challenges:
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk)
    and like every day, for every mile of exercise (no matter what it is.. swimming, biking, walking, jogging, skipping, ellipticaling, ect..) that you do, we get points! so make sure you let me know this as well.

there were only two people who got back to me about day 1's challenges so i hope everyone else is doing okay! because of the time differences, jen wants the numbers for the previous day by 10am the next morning, so, just let me know as soon as you can! hope everyone has a good day.
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    So sorry I am just getting back to you right now. Yesterday was my best friends birthday and not a good day for my weight loss journey at all!! We went out of town, I was in the car for 5 hours, kayaked for 5 miles then went wine tasting. I went far beyond my allotted calories. Today is a new day and I am back on track! Sorry team.
  • karenleona
    Options
    I forgotthat i am in a different time zone:)...anyways i did both the challenges for friday..
    good for you to complete them!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    So sorry I am just getting back to you right now. Yesterday was my best friends birthday and not a good day for my weight loss journey at all!! We went out of town, I was in the car for 5 hours, kayaked for 5 miles then went wine tasting. I went far beyond my allotted calories. Today is a new day and I am back on track! Sorry team.
    but kayaking for 5 miles is very good!!! you are right that today is a new day!!! right back at it...
  • karenleona
    Options
    managed to walk one mile (with some rests) while at the agrifair today. Went outside to do some watering when i got home but showed my 3 yr old grandson how to do the windshield wiper exercises first while laying on the grass....they were hard but seem like they would be good core exercises......also drank all the water so i have completed this day's challenge....whew
    how did everyone else do??
    karen