team yellow!

Options

Replies

• dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    hello beauties (: how the heck where those windshield wipers today? i was feeling the burn to say the least! they are quite brutal but i am happy to report i got all 50 of them done. also got all my water in! right now we are in last place according to the spreadsheet of teams (which you can view here if you would like- https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArutZf2a6Ry5dEFsN0ZFOENrd3hjWEJJTHdUVkxxaHc&hl=en_US#gid=2) but i'm hoping that will be changing really soon! right girls? lets kick it into high gear! :D and once again please please make sure you're letting me know by 11am eastern time the day after what you've completed so i can report to ms. jen! thanks so much!

since i realize we are all on very different timezones i'm gonna start posting a reminder of the next days challenges at night. so! tomorrow (sunday) the challenges are as follows:

Nutrition - Under on Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0)

also the rule on extra exercise has changed. for every 20 minutes of cardio (not including the time you spend doing the daily exercise challenge), you will earn 10 points, or a mile. so! report that to me every day along with whether or not you have completed the days challenges.

good luck everyone! work hard!
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hello again! i was feeling kind of ambitious while sitting on the computer tonight so i made us a cute little team banner. if you want to have one of these little stars in your signature, just copy and paste this into yours. just subtract the *s and it should show up for you!

[*img*]http://i55.tinypic.com/24xlvsh.png[*/img*]
  • samerene
    samerene Posts: 86
    Options
    well I am done with saturdays challenges as well.'the windshield wipers almost killed me but u managed to complete them:).did 25 minutes of cardio aswell so that counts as extra points:D:D..looking fwd to saturday
  • samerene
    Options
    hello again! i was feeling kind of ambitious while sitting on the computer tonight so i made us a cute little team banner. if you want to have one of these little stars in your signature, just copy and paste this into yours. just subtract the *s and it should show up for you!

im loving the banner but dunno how to add it
  • dontstopnow
    Options

im loving the banner but dunno how to add it

glad you like it! and also, great job completing the challenges yesterday :D but anyway, all you need to do is copy the code. then go to signature at the top of the screen (right in between 'my topics' and 'search') and paste it there. if you remember where you went to put your weight loss ticker in your signature, the banner code is gonna go in the same place. oh and make sure you delete the *s once you have it pasted! otherwise it won't show up.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

Ok I give up...i have copied and pasted it into my signature about 10 times....i can get it there then erase the brackets and stars so it starts and ends with img but it will not stick.....must be doing something wrong....
    tried to do the leslie sansome walk away the pounds for a one mile walk but only lasted 10 minutes as it is too hard on my knees to walk. will get lots of cardio at the gym tomorrow. I did manage to get the woodchops done....don't know which was harder...those or the windshield wiper things....:sad: :sad:
    gonna be ok with the sodium as well
    hope everyone is working hard today to stay on track and stay active
    karen
  • karenleona
    Options
    Ok I give up...i have copied and pasted it into my signature about 10 times....i can get it there then erase the brackets and stars so it starts and ends with img but it will not stick.....must be doing something wrong....
    tried to do the leslie sansome walk away the pounds for a one mile walk but only lasted 10 minutes as it is too hard on my knees to walk. will get lots of cardio at the gym tomorrow. I did manage to get the woodchops done....don't know which was harder...those or the windshield wiper things....:sad: :sad:
    karen
    [/quote]

apparently the 15th time was the charm.....copy and paste the formula in the signature box and erase ONLY the astericks.....leave everything else...click on save and voila!!
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    karen

apparently the 15th time was the charm.....copy and paste the formula in the signature box and erase ONLY the astericks.....leave everything else...click on save and voila!!

great job today, karen! the woodchops were easier for me than yesterdays exercise, though. those windshield wipers are no joke! lol! i used around a 5lb medicine ball for todays. and yes, you finally got it! haha (:
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Finally I complete the exercise challenge! I did my 50 wood chops. I also jogged for 45 minutes today. I pretty much just woke up since I work night shift so I have not completed my diary, but how are we supposed to know our sodium intake? How do we know how much sodium we are supposed to have? Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start of the new week!
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    Finally I complete the exercise challenge! I did my 50 wood chops. I also jogged for 45 minutes today. I pretty much just woke up since I work night shift so I have not completed my diary, but how are we supposed to know our sodium intake? How do we know how much sodium we are supposed to have? Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start of the new week!

great work, jenn! to keep track of your sodium in take just go into your food diary and then select settings. then add sodium to your tracked nutrients and it'll show up every time you go into your diary. i think the mfp default setting is 2,500 a day. so just let me know in the morning if you completed that challenge as well!
  • samerene
    Options
    done with both challenges of sunday..n did xtra 20 mints of cardio aswell:)
  • karenleona
    Options
    done with both challenges of sunday..n did xtra 20 mints of cardio aswell:)
    great job samerene!!!
    i also managed to get the challenge done and spent 30 min cutting the lawn which is listed as a cardio exercise
    anyone heard from verna? i messaged her but have not heard back and have not seen her on here
    have a great monday....it is a holiday in british columbia

karen
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    everyone is doing so great keeping up with the challenges! we may have started off with low daily points (65 & 75 the first two days) but we are quickly picking up speed! sundays total so far is 145 points! woohoo! it might even be higher if jenn does the sodium challenge or if i hear from verna before 11am est tomorrow morning. speaking of verna, since karen asked, i have yet to hear from her since the challenge began :( i have sent several messages as well but haven't gotten anything back. worse case scenario, if we still don't hear anything from her in a day or so i'll let the person in charge of the challenge know and she'll give us a replacement.

anyhoo! here's monday's challenge reminder:

Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 crunches

keep up all the hard work girls! you can do this! (:
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    I am far below my daily sodium allowance so task complete!! On to tomorrows challenge!
  • karenleona
    Options
    hello Brave, Bold, and Beautiful ladies!!!!
    hope you are well on the way to today's challenge!!
    i am heading outside to get the lawns cut for some cardio exercise then i am going to do my crunches and sit ups on the lawn. I am even going to do some of those windshield wipers cause i think those are great for core muscles
    attack the day!!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    ok, I did 120 minutes of cardio cutting lawns and gardening then lay on the grass and did 50 crunches as well as other abd work and 20 windshield wipers.....had a hard time getting up off the grass....:laugh: :laugh:
    will definitely stay under calories today so...:happy: another challenge day done ( or at least going)
    hope you are all doing well
    karen
  • karenleona
    Options
    calories done for the day and under goal so another day completed......can't wait for tomorrow's cahllenge
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hello lovely ladies! hopefully everyone's monday went well. today i managed to accomplish both challenges, do 6 miles on the stationary bike and get an additional 20 minutes of strength training in! i'm still pretty new to strength training and tend to feel a bit lost with what i should be doing. luckily my best friend (who has 2 brothers that are super into weight lifting and she also has a personal trainer) offered to put together strength training routine similar to the one she does for me. she's lost a lot of weight (she was my inspiration to change my lifestyle!) so it meant a lot to me that she wanted to help me out. i'm super stoked to begin it tomorrow!

your little reminder of tuesdays challenges:
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers

we're still in last place for the week according to the spreadsheet, but! i have a feeling we're gonna come out of left field here soon and surprise everybody with some big point values. they won't know what hit 'em, right, girls? :P

alright i think i'm done here for today! but, before i go, have this, too -- "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." remember that always! night yall<3
  • samerene
    Options
    hi was hell bsy yestrday (monday) so cldnt update on the challenges..did both of em...plus extra 30 mins of cardio... everyone is doing so good im so proud for all of us
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Yay for picking up slack team. I completed both challenges yesterday and did 30 extra mins. Now on for today's challenge!