team yellow!

Options

Replies

• samerene
    samerene Posts: 86
    Options
    under calories and done with crunches.( i actually love reverse crunches:D)...cldnt do extra workout but will make up for it today
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hello girls! sorry i forgot to post this last night. but, we earned 150 points for monday and 125 for tuesday. yay! keep up the great work (:

Wednesday reminder-
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 forward lunges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=22)

ah, the dreaded lunge. i didn't do the reverse crunches yesterday (i was super confused. i youtubed them to try and get a better idea of the proper way to do them but every video i watched was different!) but i'll get these done. even if my legs feel like jello afterwards.

alright, i'm off to the gym then i've gotta start going through my stuff and deciding what i'm packing. scary! lol. have an awesome day everyone!!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    hello girls! sorry i forgot to post this last night. but, we earned 150 points for monday and 125 for tuesday. yay! keep up the great work (:

Wednesday reminder-
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 forward lunges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=22)

ah, the dreaded lunge. i didn't do the reverse crunches yesterday (i was super confused. i youtubed them to try and get a better idea of the proper way to do them but every video i watched was different!) but i'll get these done. even if my legs feel like jello afterwards.

alright, i'm off to the gym then i've gotta start going through my stuff and deciding what i'm packing. scary! lol. have an awesome day everyone!!

I didn't do the reverse crunches either, they hurt my tailbone like crazy, but they are really good for your abs. I hate them though. I hate lunges too, but I'll manage to do them, even though after walking/jogging my legs are always sore.

Packing? Where are you going?
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    great job everyone on getting it done!! nice to see how active we can be if we put our minds to it!
    not going to be able to do the lunges as i have knees that are waiting to be replaced....i will try and think of some way to modify them....perhaps i could do squats??? for some reason they are not so bad on my knnes
    keep up the excellent work!
  • karenleona
    Options
    great job everyone on getting it done!! nice to see how active we can be if we put our minds to it!
    not going to be able to do the lunges as i have knees that are waiting to be replaced....i will try and think of some way to modify them....perhaps i could do squats??? for some reason they are not so bad on my knnes

ok, under calories, under carbs and did 55 min of cardio...20 on elliptical and 35 on stationary bike. Not able to do squats or lunges today
    hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options

ok, under calories, under carbs and did 55 min of cardio...20 on elliptical and 35 on stationary bike. Not able to do squats or lunges today
    hope everyone else is doing well!

great job!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Hey group.. I did it! 60 minutes of exercise today---> 30 minutes on stationary bike & 30 minute interval walking/jogging. I also did the 50 lunges (even though I hate them lol) and I stayed under carbs & calories & fat & sodium! Thats probably a first.. I usually go over on carbs or fat cause I have it set to 40%carb, 30% fat, 30% protein... but today I stayed under it all.. yay!
  • karenleona
    Options
    Hey group.. I did it! 60 minutes of exercise today---> 30 minutes on stationary bike & 30 minute interval walking/jogging. I also did the 50 lunges (even though I hate them lol) and I stayed under carbs & calories & fat & sodium! Thats probably a first.. I usually go over on carbs or fat cause I have it set to 40%carb, 30% fat, 30% protein... but today I stayed under it all.. yay!

WOW!!! that is excellent!! 60 min of exercise??? wahoo!! sounds like an all round excellent day...congrats
    (can't get the smiley thing to work but i am sending you flowers)
    karen
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    you all make me so freaking proud!! we're doing so amazing so far this week, so, lets finish it out strong tomorrow!

Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 dumbell pullovers (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=182)

today i got the lunges done, was under on carbs and i did 90 minutes of cardio (strength training, elliptical & treadmill)! only 85 count, though, because of the lunges. i was feeling really motivated at the gym today so i just went with the flow! haha.

as a side note- i saw a mention about modifying exercises. if you ever want to do that you can always go on youtube and type in 'modified ___'. i don't want anyone hurting themselves to complete a 10 point challenge, though. it's just an option i wanted to throw out there just in case! :D

aaaand i'm packing for college! i head down on tuesday. i'm going to be a junior but i'm transferring in from community college so i've never lived on campus or anything, lol. so i'm nervous. but anyway, my challenges will continue to get done even if i'm not able to get big 90 minute work outs in for a while.

i think that's all for now.. keep up the great work everyone!!
  • samerene
    Options
    you all make me so freaking proud!! we're doing so amazing so far this week, so, lets finish it out strong tomorrow!

Exercise - 50 dumbell pullovers (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=182)

today i got the lunges done, was under on carbs and i did 90 minutes of cardio (strength training, elliptical & treadmill)! only 85 count, though, because of the lunges. i was feeling really motivated at the gym today so i just went with the flow! haha.

as a side note- i saw a mention about modifying exercises. if you ever want to do that you can always go on youtube and type in 'modified ___'. i don't want anyone hurting themselves to complete a 10 point challenge, though. it's just an option i wanted to throw out there just in case! :D

aaaand i'm packing for college! i head down on tuesday. i'm going to be a junior but i'm transferring in from community college so i've never lived on campus or anything, lol. so i'm nervous. but anyway, my challenges will continue to get done even if i'm not able to get big 90 minute work outs in for a while.

best of luck for a new start
  • samerene
    Options
    was under calories yesterday but cldnt do the second challenge...
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Sorry team. I work nights, had a crazy couple of nights at work (everyone is having babies right now for some reason), and totally had no energy to do anything when I got off. I am off for a week now though, and I promise to pick up the slack.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options

Good luck starting at the new college... I never stayed on campus either, the University I go to doesn't have dorms and it's only 15 minutes from my house. A lot of my friends went away to college and loved it, don't be nervous, you'll meet lots of new friends very quickly. You're going to be sooo busy with all of the new changes, it's understandable not to get in such long workouts, just don't stop working out... cause a lot of people gain a few pounds in college, especially living on campus... my one friend has always been super thin, when she lived on campus she actually gained some weight (what I think looks a normal weight for her she thinks is fat lol)
  • karenleona
    Options

what an exciting time for you!! keep making good choices and getting some activity in....it does not have to be 90 min workouts all the time....even brisk walking helps if you can't get to the gym.......what will you be studying???
    the last time i went to school was 34 years ago.....lol...( i am 55)
  • karenleona
    Options
    challenge done at home but it seemed to easy cause i did not have anything really heavy so i also did 50 triceps extensions to get a burn going!! Under calories and 90 min of cardio done outside.....i am exhausted from yard work!!
    hope everyone is doing well
    i also had geen numbers across all the nutrients at the bottom of the food list.....usually i am over a bit on at least one thing (usually protein)
    hope you are all having a great day
    Go Brave, Bold and Beautiful ladies!!!

karen
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hello beauties (: thank you all so much for all the kind words and well wishes. you don't have to worry about me falling off the wagon just because i live on campus. i've worked WAY too hard to lose 46 lbs. i don't ever want to have to start all over again. i know it won't be the easiest task, but i'm prepared! plus, there's no excuse. not only is there a smaller workout center in the building i'm living in but there's also a practically brand new rec center right across the street with tons of top of the line equipment. it's all included with my student fees so, it's "free", lol. but, whatever, i'll take it, i'll definitely be taking advantage of that. at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. hoping for 6, but, i'm aiming for 5 til i get used to my new schedule. oh, and i'll be majoring in multimedia journalism. (: i'm excited!

anyyyway! back to the challenge.

friday reminder-
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 crunches

also! it's the start of a new challenge week. so check out the week three thread and lets all decide on a water/rest day. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/315212-ltl-challenge-week-3

i'm going to vote for water wednesday since that's move-in day for me and i'm not sure that i'll be able to squeeze a work out in. but! i know a lot more of you liked to take rest days on the weekends so we'll just go with majority rules on this one. let me know, girls!

yesterday we earned 130 points! since thursday's totals aren't added yet, i'm not sure which team won week 2. i don't think it's going to be our week just yet, but, we did do sooo much better than last week. progress is what counts to me and i think we're doing a wonderful job! keep it up, everyone!! <3
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Did 30 mins of exercise yesterday and the nutrition challenge. Just didn't get to my dumbbell pullovers. Sorry for reporting so late.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    yesterday I only did 30 minutes of exercise and didn't get to the dumbell pullovers either. But I was under my calories. I'm not sure that I'll get much exercise in today cause fridays are always rough for me, but aiming to get 40 minutes and will definitely do the crunches.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Okay ladies.. I did a 3 mile walk dvd, which was 40 minutes of exercise. And I did the 50 crunches. I'll check back later with my sodium count... should definitely be under.. I'm aiming for under on everything this whole weekend, since weekends are the hardest time for me!
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    I also did 40 minutes of cardio, 30 jogging on the treadmill and 10 biking. Got the crunches done as well. Will update later about the sodium. I am ok with anyday for rest this week. Just let us know!!