Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    FINISHED! I'll take a nice evening of rest and relaxation, and post my results from Ripped tomorrow. I still haven't figured out what I want to do next! Anyone have any suggestions?

Well done!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I don't know either. I've just received Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 pack in 6 weeks, but I haven't had the chance to look at them yet.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    FINISHED! I'll take a nice evening of rest and relaxation, and post my results from Ripped tomorrow. I still haven't figured out what I want to do next! Anyone have any suggestions?

Do whatever takes your fancy- but keep moving! Obviously a glass wine is in order first.
    And well done!!!! :bigsmile: Looking forward to pics/numbers!

I did a few weights/abs last night, just to keep moving, then this afternoon I took the plunge (and some ibruprofen) and started week 4, not too bad! I had to modify/substitute a couple of cardio moves for the sake of the ol' knees, but i was still up there. My heart rate was less than in previous weeks, not sure if it's cos i wasn't 100%, or if it's easier? Avg 131. Before it's been about 145.

Also- I finally trried my polar, it's great, but it's proven my previous calculations to be wrong. I had a formula, which i found on many websites, which had shown me to be burning 350-400 a go, but i did a comparison today, my HRM showed 235 cals, the formula showed 399!!!! So the last 3 weeks i may have been crediting myself with lots more than i burned. Which may explain the ever-present belly!! Less snacks for me at work tonight.

Are you fnished yet Maggie? And where's gd50?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Ok, here goes. First time posting photos so hopefully this works! Sorry, I don't have any before Ripped pictures, I only have before weight-loss journey total pictures! I wanted to post a couple after though to see what you guys thought about my tummy. I think I might see a teeny tiny bit of definition coming in on my upper abdomen, but I still have the pesky pooch on my lower abdomen! I don't know how many miles I have to run to get rid of the damn thing! How do you guys plan to get rid of the pooch, assuming you have that problem? Also, about 0.5-1.0 lbs of my loss should be attributed to post-menstrual water weight loss.

sec, gonna resize pics
    iphone004-3.pngiphone003-1.pngiphone002-1.jpgiphone001-1.jpg
  • Jenlwb
    Looking good! Great waist.

I can't help you with the tummy thing, i'm the same, but yours is tiny! Do you have any previous tum pics at all? Would be a great motivator for you to see them now, cos you've lost a lot.
  • armaretta
    Looking good! Great waist.

I can't help you with the tummy thing, i'm the same, but yours is tiny! Do you have any previous tum pics at all? Would be a great motivator for you to see them now, cos you've lost a lot.
    Thanks! It looks smaller in the pic than in real life, or maybe I see myself differently? I'm actually quite happy with my waist and upper abdomen. I wouldn't mind a bit more definition, but I'm content to be patient with that area. That lower belly though, I'm not kidding when I say I can grab a fistful of jelly! I think a little bit of it is loose skin, but I'm not going to kid myself into thinking it's not a handful of fat. Here's a pic of my tummy from about 6 months ago when I started my journey on power90. I really wish I had taken some pre-Jillian pictures now!

iphonephotos2127-1.jpg
    I think I suffer from a skewed body image too. i see myself as much fatter than I am I think. I honestly didn't see myself any different in the mirror until about a month ago, but if you look at my tummy before and now after, there is obviously a difference. Oh well, I'll keep trucking on! Everyone is their own harshest critic!
  • MissMaggie3
    Armaretta - Wow! What a difference! I'm so impressed. :noway:

I've just done day ... oh no, I've forgotten. Hang on, I'll go back and check.

Day 5 of level 4. Oh gosh, what to do? Monday is my official weigh day, and I'd like to look at my results tomorrow. But I only did 5 days of level 3 as well. Should I stop now or do one more day?

Jen - I'm guessing that 50cents has found other things to do now that he has reached his target weight. We'll see ...
  • armaretta
    I did a few weights/abs last night, just to keep moving, then this afternoon I took the plunge (and some ibruprofen) and started week 4, not too bad! I had to modify/substitute a couple of cardio moves for the sake of the ol' knees, but i was still up there. My heart rate was less than in previous weeks, not sure if it's cos i wasn't 100%, or if it's easier? Avg 131. Before it's been about 145.

Also- I finally trried my polar, it's great, but it's proven my previous calculations to be wrong. I had a formula, which i found on many websites, which had shown me to be burning 350-400 a go, but i did a comparison today, my HRM showed 235 cals, the formula showed 399!!!! So the last 3 weeks i may have been crediting myself with lots more than i burned. Which may explain the ever-present belly!! Less snacks for me at work tonight.

Are you fnished yet Maggie? And where's gd50?

My week 4 calorie burn was the lowest of all the weeks too. It didn't feel much easier really, but maybe we are all just so ripped, we didn't have to work as hard? :happy: :happy: :tongue: :happy: :happy:
    Armaretta - Wow! What a difference! I'm so impressed. :noway:

I've just done day ... oh no, I've forgotten. Hang on, I'll go back and check.

Day 5 of level 4. Oh gosh, what to do? Monday is my official weigh day, and I'd like to look at my results tomorrow. But I only did 5 days of level 3 as well. Should I stop now or do one more day?

Jen - I'm guessing that 50cents has found other things to do now that he has reached his target weight. We'll see ...

Thanks maggie! I only did 5 days of lvl4, but on one of the two missing days, I did zumba with a decent calorie burn, so I think I was fair about only doing 5 days. 50cent did disappear :sad: Last he said, he was going to have a weekend of fun last week maybe? I'd like to see what kind of results he got since he was a male, and at his goal!
  • MissMaggie3
    [/quote]

Thanks maggie! I only did 5 days of lvl4, but on one of the two missing days, I did zumba with a decent calorie burn, so I think I was fair about only doing 5 days. 50cent did disappear :sad: Last he said, he was going to have a weekend of fun last week maybe? I'd like to see what kind of results he got since he was a male, and at his goal!
    [/quote]

Thanks Amaretta, you've decided it for me, because on one of the missing days I did loads of cycling. I'm going to weigh and measure tomorrow. Yay! :drinker:
  • MissMaggie3
    RESULTS
    Measurement results only today - partner away, so can't get 'after' photos yet. Promise to publish them soon. Sorry not so much detail on the measurements, but the main ones are there.

BEFORE
    Weight 121.8 pounds
    Bust: 35
    Waist 30.5 (this was stable at 29 for ages before - water retention?)
    Hips 36
    Thigh 20.5

AFTER
    Weight 117.8 pounds
    Bust 33.5
    Waist 28.5
    Hips 35.5
    Thigh 20

VERDICT
    That's quite a lot! 2 things may be affecting the resuklts though. Firstly, I think I was suffering from quite serious water retention at the 'before' stage, and secondly, I've done 10 days of a 'challenge' with another MFP person (who can burn the most calories). Still, this couldn't explain all of it. I'm pleased, I must say. Most of all with the waist! Haven't lost anything from there in months.

The photos will be interesting too.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Congrats on finishing Amaretta and Maggie, really good results too! Amaretta yore looking great in your pic a big change in your tummy! One of the reasons I want to do Insanity is I've heard other ladies say it finally got rid of their jelly belly so I'm keen to try it.

I didn't do my last day yet, oops. Went to Carnival yesterday and was good for nothing when I got back, fell asleep early on the sofa and didn't wake up until nearly 1am!! Am determined to do it today though. Don't think my results will be any different to my start stats!
  • MissMaggie3
    Congrats on finishing Amaretta and Maggie, really good results too! Amaretta yore looking great in your pic a big change in your tummy! One of the reasons I want to do Insanity is I've heard other ladies say it finally got rid of their jelly belly so I'm keen to try it.

I didn't do my last day yet, oops. Went to Carnival yesterday and was good for nothing when I got back, fell asleep early on the sofa and didn't wake up until nearly 1am!! Am determined to do it today though. Don't think my results will be any different to my start stats!

I bet they will be different!
  • armaretta

I might have to look into insanity if it will get rid of the belly. I don't think I'll ever have a ripped 6 pack, but if I can just get rid of that pesky pooch I will be happy beyond words!

I'm betting your results will surprise you! Mine actually surprised me a little. When my husband gets back from Germany, I'm going to have him help me measure my BF% again too.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Day 5 level 4 is done, yay, Ripped in 30 is finished!!!

My arms and legs are alot more toned, my arms look much thinner, wish i'd taken before measurements on them, so i could really see if there is a difference in size.

Thinking about it, i've only done 20 days of Ripped workouts whereas with the Shred it was 30 so no wonder that made such difference, i'm sure if i'd done 30 days; of RIpped the results would be fab....that is if i could have managed 30 days of it lol!!!

My laptop is back tomorrow, i had no idea how much i rely on it and how much it is a part of my life, mad eh!!?

What'sf everyone doing as from tomorrow then, have you all decided? I've got 6w6p to keep me busy whilst i decide what to do about Insanity. I like these threads though, i feel they keep me accountable!!
  • armaretta
    I have to decide what I'm going to do within the hour. I saw something call Jillian Michaels 30day slimdown floating around. It goes through a different exercise each day to keep your body confused. What you guys think? I don't think I have no more trouble zones, but I can find it on the interwebs I'm sure. At the very least, it gives you the idea of changing it up every day.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • Jenlwb
    Hmmm there's no RI30 in there, but i guess it could be adapted! I can't get my hands on the others, but i was thinking of adapting RI30, cos i love it. I had a quiet night shift so I put together a spreadsheet of all the exercises so I can mix n match a prog of my own at random. I even cross referenced the strength ones against the area worked!

I did day 2 of week 4 today despite shoulder muscle stiffness, and really liked it (except round 2 cardio which i totally adapt). Knees hanging in there.

Back to work. Ramadan is over here, praise be! I no longer have to stop drinking tea at 3am at work when i need it most... (or stop hiding it from the locals at least!)
  • MissMaggie3
    I have to decide what I'm going to do within the hour. I saw something call Jillian Michaels 30day slimdown floating around. It goes through a different exercise each day to keep your body confused. What you guys think? I don't think I have no more trouble zones, but I can find it on the interwebs I'm sure. At the very least, it gives you the idea of changing it up every day.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Looks really interesting. I'm willing to give it a go, although if I have to miss a day here or there, I'll be out of synch. Do you think that's a problem?
  • MissMaggie3
    Might be a good idea to promote it on the message boards. Something like 'Jillian Michaels Medley Challenge'????
  • armaretta
    well, I guess the biggest thing we need to decide is are we all going to do our own medley or we going to try to see what everyone has a copy of and do it together? We can take a day to plan/promote ideas and such. I'd love to keep a group thing going! we can even adapt to have a sort of "free" day where you do a workout of your choice. That way every gets a chance to work their own target areas or crosstrain if there's any loonies training for marathons. :laugh:

Preliminary play, what all do you guys have a copy of?
  • Jenlwb
    At my disposal:

RI30 (duh...)
    Wii Zumba
    Body Pump
    Body Balance
    Assorted yoga/pilates DVDs
    A spinning bike!!

I can get hold of the other Jillian ones if you recommend the goodies- preferably something a bit different to RI30, less impact? 30DS sounds pretty similar

Just give me a few days to finish week 4...
  • armaretta
    I did the first workout of 6wk6pk. It was kind of core-centric aerobics. Honestly, not nearly as challenging as ripped to me! The second is supposed to be harder. I'll let you know tomorrow! I might give one of the others a whirl tomorrow too.
This discussion has been closed.