Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    I'm really hurting today, in the arms, but also in my back. I'm going to be sensible and give it a rest this evening. Just going to do some cardio.
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    *waves*

took my usual sunday and monday phone it in session :grumble: . weekends have been hectic since starting RI30! but got day 5 of week 3 done tonite. will finish week 3 tomorrow and hopefully join you's on week 4 on thursday.

although i'm off to tennets vital tomorrow day/nite to see eminem! whoohoo! :bigsmile:

outdoor festivals are always messy :drinker: though so may be suffering on thursday but i'm determined to try and get RI30 done before the end of the month so i dont have much choice!
  • gd50cent
    saw insanity advertised on tv - looks like its well named! maybe someday!!

whats turbo jam all about? sounds like it might be something the mrs would like if its dance related. she loves zumba, is it like that?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    So, took the day off from Jillian to tryout zumba. The driven atmosphere and cardio-tastic rumba and salsa beats of the class thrusting and jiving in unison made for an entertaining show.

My moves were more like rhythmic flailing :laugh: I might try again next week.

Do you think 5 days of ripped constitutes a week, or should I push for 6?
  • MissMaggie3
    So, took the day off from Jillian to tryout zumba. The driven atmosphere and cardio-tastic rumba and salsa beats of the class thrusting and jiving in unison made for an entertaining show.

My moves were more like rhythmic flailing :laugh: I might try again next week.

She actually says 5 or 6 is OK, so 5 is fine.

I recognise your description of Zumba!
  • MissMaggie3
    *waves*

took my usual sunday and monday phone it in session :grumble: . weekends have been hectic since starting RI30! but got day 5 of week 3 done tonite. will finish week 3 tomorrow and hopefully join you's on week 4 on thursday.

although i'm off to tennets vital tomorrow day/nite to see eminem! whoohoo! :bigsmile:

outdoor festivals are always messy :drinker: though so may be suffering on thursday but i'm determined to try and get RI30 done before the end of the month so i dont have much choice!

Hi 50cent; sounds like you're having a ncie time. :smile: Or nice, even.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member

I go for 6, but i'm working to an 8 day week (shifts), so i do 3 workout days then 1 off, etc,. more like Ripped in 32! That's cos i need a rest day on my 1st 12 hour day shift. But yes, she does say 5 or 6 in a normal week.
  • gd50cent
    I do 6 workouts on each level but with a few days off I'm a few days behind completing them in 1 week each.

Off to see Kaiser chiefs and Eminem today at tenants vital! Can't wait. PARTY!!!:drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • armaretta
    I guess I'll probably push for 6, making my last day on Saturday. I really need to figure out what I'm going to do next! My friend is bringing me BFBM and 30DS. That will give me Ri30, 30DS, BFBM, Yoga Meltdown, and 6wk 6pk. Surely I can figure something out from there!

Oh and stupid scale hasn't budged in almost 4 weeks now. I even upped my calories a couple weeks ago and nothing! I'm starting to wonder if my BF% is lower than I though or maybe I'm not eating enough? I thought I was eating plenty honestly! I feel stuffed all the time!
  • armaretta
    I do 6 workouts on each level but with a few days off I'm a few days behind completing them in 1 week each.

Off to see Kaiser chiefs and Eminem today at tenants vital! Can't wait. PARTY!!!:drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile:

woohoo! fun times!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Did day 2 of level 3 last night, today my elbow hurts so am going to give it a miss tonight. Hopefully will do day 3 tomorrow.

My laptop won't be back unti next tuesday boo hoo : (
  • MissMaggie3
    Did day 2 of level 3 last night, today my elbow hurts so am going to give it a miss tonight. Hopefully will do day 3 tomorrow.

Hello! How come you are posting? Hasn't it gone yet?

And have you regressed or was it a typo? (level 3) :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 3 level 4 done. Contrary to what I said after the first attempt, I do find it really difficult now - possibly too difficult? I find myself dreading it a bit, to be honest. Still, not long to go now. I need to remind myself how hard the 30 day shred seemed at level 1, but when I went back and tried it after finishing level 3, it was easy peasy! Clearly the body just needs time to adjust, so maybe I just need to keep ploughing on. Hey ho.
  • armaretta
    Day 3 level 4 done. Contrary to what I said after the first attempt, I do find it really difficult now - possibly too difficult? I find myself dreading it a bit, to be honest. Still, not long to go now. I need to remind myself how hard the 30 day shred seemed at level 1, but when I went back and tried it after finishing level 3, it was easy peasy! Clearly the body just needs time to adjust, so maybe I just need to keep ploughing on. Hey ho.

Good job sticking it out! :tongue:

Don't worry. I spend at least 15 minutes every day talking myself out of and back into working out.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Well today is my last day off work and supposed to be my last day of level 3, my new heart rate monitor is apparently in town, should be here by the afternoon- but i'm in pAIN!

My left hip and knee hurt like hell. This is the first time my hip osteo-arthritis has bothered me in this whole program. Which is surprising, but nice. It usually takes some kind of high impact exercise or lifting a leg to the side to do it, Lucily the cardio sections are pretty short on this prog.

Might have to knock it on the head today, I really don't want to do it tomorrow after my first 12 hr day shift, but might have to.

Bugger. Can't even go for a walk instead!

You all soldier on without me please.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Dang it. I fell out of the wagon again. :sad: :sad: :explode:
    For some reason I'm having a hard time getting going on this workout video. :grumble: However, Hubby growled at me this evening when he found out that I've been slacking off of my workouts (yet again), and told me to get my butt in gear and start doing my workouts like I'm supposed to. :embarassed: He wants me to succeed, too. :heart:

Yes Dear.
    So... another re-start for me :grumble:
    Day 1/Week 1... done. :happy:

Hopefully this time I can get myself through it. Congratulations to everyone for their successes!! :drinker:
  • skinnyinnotime

Hello! How come you are posting? Hasn't it gone yet?

And have you regressed or was it a typo? (level 3) :laugh:

Oh yes typo. Laptop went tuesday, Used hubby's laptop briefly yesterday for the 3 seconds that he wasn't using it!!

I can't figure out how to get the app on my blackberry, I am so rubbish at technology...I get angry at myself for not knowing basic stuff, grrr.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Just did day 3 of level 4, my muscles are tired and I cannot wait to finish this workout now, 2 more days of it seems like a lifetime!!!
    Sounds like i'm not alone in feeling like this, at least that's a little comfort lol!

I think i should have washed my chest strap more frequently, as today, after it had been washed I got a calorie burn out of 336 just for Ripped!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    We do all seem to be having a hard time with the latter stages of Ripped. There's something about level 4 that just doesn't agree with me; I have really hurt my back now - pain in the coccyx, that's worse when I move. Definitely won't be able to do it today. I'm honestly not wimping out, despite my grumbles yesterday; that's just not in my nature. Will be back at it as soon as this pain has subsided. Going to sit on my exercise bike as best I can instead.
  • armaretta
    just making it to week 4 is an accomplishment IMO. That woman really loves to torture people in the plank position!

You guys and gals seen any weight loss? I'm juggling the same pound the past few weeks. I got excited last week and though I had lost, but it came back and went down, up , down, up, down, etc... I feel stronger and have a teeny bit more tone in my arms and legs, but i'm not sure that's all due to ripped or the supplemental jogging I do as well.
This discussion has been closed.