Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    I did Burn Fat Boost Metabolism last night; I quite liked it, and most of the moves were very familiar, but not as challenging as 30DS or Ripped. No weights work,and little stuff with arms; more CV really.

Anyway, I have ...

30DS
    Ripped
    6wk6p
    BFBM
    Wii Zumba (not so challening)
    30-minutes to fitness (Kelly Coffey-Meyer) Good, but nobody else seems to have it!
    Stationary bike

Would be willing to buy No More Trouble Zones, but don't know how long it might take to arrive.

Personally, I think it is going to be difficult to find people who have all the same DVDs, and anyway, it would be nice to keep existing friends on board.

We could take a different approach and do something like 'who can burn the most calories each week for 4 weeks', and mix it up ourselves? What do you think? We could post the 'burn' each day, and the total each week with a weekly winner.
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 5 level 4 is done, yay, Ripped in 30 is finished!!!

My arms and legs are alot more toned, my arms look much thinner, wish i'd taken before measurements on them, so i could really see if there is a difference in size.

Thinking about it, i've only done 20 days of Ripped workouts whereas with the Shred it was 30 so no wonder that made such difference, i'm sure if i'd done 30 days; of RIpped the results would be fab....that is if i could have managed 30 days of it lol!!!

My laptop is back tomorrow, i had no idea how much i rely on it and how much it is a part of my life, mad eh!!?

What'sf everyone doing as from tomorrow then, have you all decided? I've got 6w6p to keep me busy whilst i decide what to do about Insanity. I like these threads though, i feel they keep me accountable!!

I'm so sorry @skinnyalready - I forgot to congratulate you! Will you ever forgive me? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Here is your celebratory drink:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • I live in newcastle where can i get the ripped in 30 from
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member

My arms and legs are alot more toned, my arms look much thinner, wish i'd taken before measurements on them, so i could really see if there is a difference in size.

Thinking about it, i've only done 20 days of Ripped workouts whereas with the Shred it was 30 so no wonder that made such difference, i'm sure if i'd done 30 days; of RIpped the results would be fab....that is if i could have managed 30 days of it lol!!!

My laptop is back tomorrow, i had no idea how much i rely on it and how much it is a part of my life, mad eh!!?

What'sf everyone doing as from tomorrow then, have you all decided? I've got 6w6p to keep me busy whilst i decide what to do about Insanity. I like these threads though, i feel they keep me accountable!!

I'm so sorry @skinnyalready - I forgot to congratulate you! Will you ever forgive me? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

After going through 2 Jillian workouts together....I forgive you, just don't make a habit of it, lol!

STILL waiting for my laptop.......
  • skinnyinnotime
    I live in newcastle where can i get the ripped in 30 from

I ordered mine off Amazon.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member

After going through 2 Jillian workouts together....I forgive you, just don't make a habit of it, lol!

I totally missed that you were finished too! I thought you were going to post some results and I was going to congratulate you then! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smile: :tongue: :tongue: Damn iphone screen makes it hard to read everything sometimes.

I'm going to try the second part of 6wk6pk and maybe one of the yoga meltdown or 30DS workouts today. I like mag's idea about maybe centering things around calorie burns? It would be easy to get other people involved in that way too!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Am i last to finish? I just did day 3, hoping to do 3 more days of wk4 if everything holds up!

Jen x
  • armaretta
    Am i last to finish? I just did day 3, hoping to do 3 more days of wk4 if everything holds up!

Jen x

Don't rush yourself! Everything worth doing is worth doing the right way!
  • skinnyinnotime

I totally missed that you were finished too! I thought you were going to post some results and I was going to congratulate you then! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smile: :tongue: :tongue: Damn iphone screen makes it hard to read everything sometimes.

I'm going to try the second part of 6wk6pk and maybe one of the yoga meltdown or 30DS workouts today. I like mag's idea about maybe centering things around calorie burns? It would be easy to get other people involved in that way too!

Ha ha ha!! No worries!! I really don't think I have any results to post, well I lost 2lbs during the time i did Ripped but that was down to not eating as much as usual and didn't drink as much beer lol! It's currently TOM for me so a bit bloated, ugh!!

Until I get Insanity i'm going to do 6w6p and throw in some of the 30DS and Ripped.
  • skinnyinnotime

Jen x

Hey, the point is you WILL finish!!:happy: Keep going!
  • MissMaggie3
    I just got my partner to take some 'after' photos, and I'm really disappointed. There is a little difference in the tummy area, but frankly I stood too far away for the 'before' shots and hence you can't really see anything. The rest of me - bingo wings included - looks exactly the same. I'd rather not post them, if you don't mind. I'd better gear up for more work, although I suspect the bingo wings will never go.
  • Just to let you guys know. I finally got my dvd! I also started today. Boy, it was hard work but i loved it! I was getting bored with the shred and the dvd came exactly at the right time. So i'm planning to do Ri30 for September and in October, I'm gonna do the 30DS. xD.
  • skinnyinnotime
    I just got my partner to take some 'after' photos, and I'm really disappointed. There is a little difference in the tummy area, but frankly I stood too far away for the 'before' shots and hence you can't really see anything. The rest of me - bingo wings included - looks exactly the same. I'd rather not post them, if you don't mind. I'd better gear up for more work, although I suspect the bingo wings will never go.

Ah that's a shame Maggie...must say i feel the same as you, nowhere near the difference of when we did the Shred eh, but then again like i said in another post that was 30 days compared to my 20 days of this.

I need to go to another level now, as not getting the results I want!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Just to let you guys know. I finally got my dvd! I also started today. Boy, it was hard work but i loved it! I was getting bored with the shred and the dvd came exactly at the right time. So i'm planning to do Ri30 for September and in October, I'm gonna do the 30DS. xD.

Hoorah! Glad you finally got it...did it arrive by snail?? lol!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Just to let you guys know. I finally got my dvd! I also started today. Boy, it was hard work but i loved it! I was getting bored with the shred and the dvd came exactly at the right time. So i'm planning to do Ri30 for September and in October, I'm gonna do the 30DS. xD.

Yay! May you continue to enjoy it and make great progress! :flowerforyou:
  • armaretta
    good luck! Ripped is definitely a great workout IMO!

I gave 6wk 6pk workout #2 a go today and I like it much better! I felt more of an aerobic workout and more of a burn in my back and abs! Also, it felt like a great core warm-up for my normal daily jog. I would have liked to jog longer, but I'm really trying to make sure I eat all of my exercise calories to get over my plateau (the tummy can only hold so much volume and I don't like to eat too close to bedtime). I think I might keep that as part of my regular rotation. I decided to try out JM's Yoga meltdown tomorrow and see how that one is. I really like the idea of doing something different everyday.

General opinions out of curiosity, which week of Ripped was your favorite and why?
  • MissMaggie3
    good luck! Ripped is definitely a great workout IMO!

I gave 6wk 6pk workout #2 a go today and I like it much better! I felt more of an aerobic workout and more of a burn in my back and abs! Also, it felt like a great core warm-up for my normal daily jog. I would have liked to jog longer, but I'm really trying to make sure I eat all of my exercise calories to get over my plateau (the tummy can only hold so much volume and I don't like to eat too close to bedtime). I think I might keep that as part of my regular rotation. I decided to try out JM's Yoga meltdown tomorrow and see how that one is. I really like the idea of doing something different everyday.

General opinions out of curiosity, which week of Ripped was your favorite and why?

I tried number 1 for the 1st time yesterday. I liked it generally, but I miss doing weights work. I'm afraid I can't clearly remember which was which from Ripped (it's my age, you know).

Really want to mix them up a bit too, so looking forward to when we start. So when are we starting? How shall we organise things? Should someone take charge? Is there anyone with the time to receive everybody's daily calorie burn and log it, then publish the weekly average? I'm afraid I don't have time, so if nobody else does either, perhaps we should just log and calculate our own and publish our weekly average on an agreed day??? Views please!
  • skinnyinnotime
    I have no idea what week involved what, in fact in week 4 I was waiting for exercises that were clearly in the previous week, lol!!

This thing you're all doing, is it just based on calories burnt or does it have to be through JM workouts? Why don't we start a new thread for it, 'calorie burn challenge group' or maybe something more catchy, hee hee!! I'm no good at doing charts, I am useless at things like that.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    I think we should set our own goals, involving our own choice of workouts, as we all have slightly different collections/preferences/aims. I'm also considering a bit of lifting. We can report results here, or in a new thread/group?

I'm not sure whether to go for pounds lost/inches lost, or minutes done / calories burned, not really sure what i'm up to yet!

My favourite week of RI30- any but week 2! I'm quite fond of week 3 and 4 to be honest, although there are a couple of moves that don't agree with me (so i change 'em!) Actually planks are growing on me, i might revisit week 2.

day 4 down, I'm aiming to do 5 and 6, finish on Fri! :love:
  • MissMaggie3
    I have no idea what week involved what, in fact in week 4 I was waiting for exercises that were clearly in the previous week, lol!!

This thing you're all doing, is it just based on calories burnt or does it have to be through JM workouts? Why don't we start a new thread for it, 'calorie burn challenge group' or maybe something more catchy, hee hee!! I'm no good at doing charts, I am useless at things like that.

Well, I think a consensus is emerging that we can do whatever workout we like, but I think we need something to hang it on. If we didn't have that Jen, how would we make it a challenge? I know I do quite well when I'm in competition with others (in a good way!). Whatever we choose it will be a bit unfair somehow (e.g. my normal calorie burn for Ripped is about 200, whereas I know some other people are much higher). I couldn't do inches or pounds lost as I'm now down to just about 3 pounds over my target weight and it is soooooo slooooowww. I vote for calories burnt, just so we have something to aim at.
This discussion has been closed.