Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    I like the idea of just doing a total/avg calorie burn thing. I've always supplemented my workouts with running, elliptical training, playing dance central, so total burn would probably be the fairest way to gauge IMO. We want to start sometime after Jen is finished with ripped? Maybe post a thread and gather interest?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Jen is finishing on Friday, so shall we start on Monday? We can put a thread out earlier, saying we're starting from monday and take it from there?

I'm up for the cals burnt as I'm on maintenance so not actively losing weight anyway and don't have many more inches to part with lol!!

It will be good just to be able to chat about what we've done and how many cals burnt, how we're doing etc and at the end of every week can post the amount of cals burnt for that week.
  • armaretta
    we might want to push the start to Tuesday. Monday is Labor day in the US, so many people who want to take part might be doing family functions. They can hit it hard on Tuesday to make up for the Monday splurges :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    I did Ripped in 30 for the 1st time today....enjoyed it, so going to try to do it a few times a week! Hopefully I won't be as sore as I was when I started 30 day Shred... :D
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    OK, so it's all coming together. Total calories burnt each week, we log ourselves and post the total once a week, we start on Tuesday (@skinny, did you see @armaretta's post about Monday?), we do whatever workouts we want, we post a thread inviting others to join us ... all we need now is a name! Suggestions? Just to throw something out, how about 'Calorie Challenge' just because it's really original :tongue: , or 'Free Workout Challenge' ... oh, I'm useless at this! :laugh:

@skinny - I didn't realise you were on maintenance - that's brilliant! Do you mind me asking how many calories you are allowed? I am nearly there, and had a peek at my limit, which was round about 1800 caories (a bit less than I expected; that's what I get for being small, lol).
  • MissMaggie3
    I did Ripped in 30 for the 1st time today....enjoyed it, so going to try to do it a few times a week! Hopefully I won't be as sore as I was when I started 30 day Shred... :D

Hope you continue to enjoy it. :smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    OK, so it's all coming together. Total calories burnt each week, we log ourselves and post the total once a week, we start on Tuesday (@skinny, did you see @armaretta's post about Monday?), we do whatever workouts we want, we post a thread inviting others to join us ... all we need now is a name! Suggestions? Just to throw something out, how about 'Calorie Challenge' just because it's really original :tongue: , or 'Free Workout Challenge' ... oh, I'm useless at this! :laugh:

@skinny - I didn't realise you were on maintenance - that's brilliant! Do you mind me asking how many calories you are allowed? I am nearly there, and had a peek at my limit, which was round about 1800 caories (a bit less than I expected; that's what I get for being small, lol).

So much for being 5ft 9" then as i've only been allotted 1850 cals!! Although i've got is set to ' lightly active' whereas with my workouts it's 'moderate' so I guess i have to consider that. I'd rather just have my exercise cals to eat when i earn them. Tbh it's easy to stick to when I eat all healthy, it's the junk and beer that adds up lol!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Tuesday it is then!!

"Calorie Challenge" is good Maggie. If anyone has any other title ideas, we can take a vote on which one we like most.
  • armaretta
    Tuesday sounds great! How about "September Sweat-off"? Or I'm good with Calorie Challenger too! I don't care! I just want to lose my tummy dangit!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Is it my imagination or are we all targetting our midsections? Maybe the title could reflect this- waste the waist.

I did day 5 this morning, 1 more to go! Really enjoying this week, no joint troubles either.

I might not be as involved with the next challenge, as i'm entering serious wedding panic Defcon 5- the last 3 weeks before we fly. I'm not sleeping well, tons still to do, a friend staying next weekend, crazy shifts, you name it! But i will still try cos even if i can't make any more improvements I can at least maintain to prevent any expansion from panic eating.

I fly on 19 or 20 sep, then back at beginning of oct, then we were supposed to go to seychelles for honeymoon, but due to man eating shark attacks that is all messed up now, so i may or may not be offline for oct.

Stress! Which is scientifically proven to increase fat storage around the midsection.... :noway:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Oh i'm liking the names we got so far, I've taken Jen's great idea and made up another from it. Shall we take a vote on:

1. Calorie Challenge
    2. September Sweat Out
    3. Waste The Waist
    4. Burn The Belly

Good luck with all the last minute wedding arrangements Jen. Hadn't heard about the seychelles shark, hope you manage to sort out something.
  • MissMaggie3
    Is it my imagination or are we all targetting our midsections? Maybe the title could reflect this- waste the waist.

I did day 5 this morning, 1 more to go! Really enjoying this week, no joint troubles either.

I might not be as involved with the next challenge, as i'm entering serious wedding panic Defcon 5- the last 3 weeks before we fly. I'm not sleeping well, tons still to do, a friend staying next weekend, crazy shifts, you name it! But i will still try cos even if i can't make any more improvements I can at least maintain to prevent any expansion from panic eating.

I fly on 19 or 20 sep, then back at beginning of oct, then we were supposed to go to seychelles for honeymoon, but due to man eating shark attacks that is all messed up now, so i may or may not be offline for oct.

Stress! Which is scientifically proven to increase fat storage around the midsection.... :noway:

Oooooh! You are getting married! How lovely! But do you really think you should let a little thing like that get in the way of our exercise group? :laugh:

Oh all right, I think we could allow you a little time off! We'll enjoy having you around for as long as you can make it. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Oh i'm liking the names we got so far, I've taken Jen's great idea and made up another from it. Shall we take a vote on:

1. Calorie Challenge
    2. September Sweat Out
    3. Waste The Waist
    4. Burn The Belly

Good luck with all the last minute wedding arrangements Jen. Hadn't heard about the seychelles shark, hope you manage to sort out something.

I like them all too! Oh, I'm dithering now - I don't know which one to go for. I think, on balance, it is going to be 'Burn the Belly'. Yes, that's the one I like best.

:love:
  • armaretta
    Oh my, so many choices! I'm between burn the belly and waste the waist.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    heee, just a little wedding, nothing to get stressed about... Well that was the idea anyway, but then life happens!

Anyhoo, burn the belly sounds good to me!

Just had a belated birthday dinner with the Feyonce, didn't touch the bread basket, had grilled tuna n lemon risotto, which I hope was reasonably healthy, will check my food log tomorrow. The cocktail n half a bottle of wine on the other hand...
  • armaretta
    congrats on your big day coming up jen! That's a great motivator to keep on burning!

I think I'll go with burn the belly as well. I bit my tongue saying waste the waist earlier, so it seems like a sign :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Let's put a post out today as its usually quiet on here at the weekend so we can generate interest before tuesday. So basically its for anyone wanting to banish the common problem belly that's so hard to get rid of, we can do it through any choice of exercise/workout and the aim is to burn as many calories as we can. There's no calorie target as we want to encourage everyone to woek at their own ability. Its a challenege for any and all levels to support and motivate each other. At the end of each week we can post total cals burnt. Is this right? Have I covered it all?
  • MissMaggie3
    heee, just a little wedding, nothing to get stressed about... Well that was the idea anyway, but then life happens!

Anyhoo, burn the belly sounds good to me!

Just had a belated birthday dinner with the Feyonce, didn't touch the bread basket, had grilled tuna n lemon risotto, which I hope was reasonably healthy, will check my food log tomorrow. The cocktail n half a bottle of wine on the other hand...

My mouth is watering, lol!
  • MissMaggie3
    Let's put a post out today as its usually quiet on here at the weekend so we can generate interest before tuesday. So basically its for anyone wanting to banish the common problem belly that's so hard to get rid of, we can do it through any choice of exercise/workout and the aim is to burn as many calories as we can. There's no calorie target as we want to encourage everyone to woek at their own ability. Its a challenege for any and all levels to support and motivate each other. At the end of each week we can post total cals burnt. Is this right? Have I covered it all?

Sounds like you've covered everything there. Does that mean you are volunteering to post??!!
  • armaretta
    today would probably be a perfect time to make the post. People are going to be surfing the net on Fridays at work, counting down the minutes to the weekend... not like I do that or anything... ahem. You going to make the post Skinny? I'll do it if no one else wants to call attention to themselves :laugh:

side note: 1/2 pound down today! woohoo :bigsmile: ! plateau maybe broken? :noway:
This discussion has been closed.