Deleting friends

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde, so I get confused by too many friends, and I actually try to PAY ATTENTION to what people are up to. I delete if we don't EVER speak or they are not active in posting at all. It's nothing personal, I'm just not into "friend collecting". I don't consider people that I never talk to in real life "friends". -You gotta SAY something!

She is blonde look!! :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Just do what you need to for you. If someone is seriously going to get their feelings hurt about someone they met on the internet deleting them from a friends list, then they have bigger issues, which you can't help them with. You're not the one who needs to change, they need to deal with their insecurities. I'm not saying be a jerk about it, but you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yep....I've been known as being a bit " cut throat" when it comes to this...

If you aren't logging in, I will post on your wall hoping you're getting the notification and will come back.

If weeks go by and nothing, I cut you. If you are rude to me or any of my other friends, I will also cut you.

I've been contacted a few times to know why I did it and I have no problem stating why but at the end of the day, I want a strong supportive group so I gotta do whats I gotta do.
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do that once a month, it isn't a bad thing at all
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't get upset when people delete me that I never talk to anyway. However, if it's someone I had a conversation with or had regular talks with for a while and they delete me just because we haven't talked in a couple days, that's just lame. I don't even talk to my friends all the time.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I regularly go through and remove friends that aren't logging on. I'm talking months after month. I like to keep my friend list active, whether weight loss in being achieved or not.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i do it, and have had people do the same to me, now i think i have a nice group of friends on here who are regular users and can give me honest direct advise when im being a moron...

iv deleted those who continuously go on about pointless things like justin bieber or when its the TOM which i really am not interested in hearing about every single month. at the end of the day were here to reach our goals and live a healthier lifestyle.. if these people are not helping you acheive that then get rid.

harsh..... but true.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    A bit choosy, aren't we? Yes it's mean...Why does it matter if they aren't actively losing weight?

We are the average of the 10 closest relationships we maintain. When you surround yourself with success it promotes success. you absolutely should dump the people that drag you down. However I caution you to make sure they are chronic negative relationships and not just a good relationship that is struggling.

Well said.
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do that once a month, it isn't a bad thing at all

Keep in mind I have give them a month of not logging because maybe they are ill, or struggling etc., but after that I have to cut the cord =(
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    someone i was friends with on here recently deleted me and idk why lol I always commented on her stuff, as she did with me. I was really upset about this too lol because I really don't know what I did to make her want to delete me. So I think if you actually have a relationship with a person it would be mean to delete them.

In my situation idk if it would be weird to message her and ask why lol but I am curious
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I did it for those people which want only to get support without giving any support...

I need real supporter.....
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    I delete people when they haven't logged in for over a week, attention seekers, whiners, people who aren't losing weight healthily when they requested me for support in recovery and seem to have no interest in actually recovering.

It's your friendslist, you can do with it what you please!

^^(high five)^^
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I delete for the following reasons

1. You are starving yourself, eating less than 1200 calories a day. I am not supportive of this lifestyle
    2. I show support to you, you NEVER show support to me
    3. We have nothing in common
    4. You haven't been on in ages

I would do the same thing with my real life friends. :)
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No, if they do not communicate with me I delete them. I give them a long time, but if I do not hear from them ever or I never see them post anything for me to comment on, I delete, I figure they are not all that interested and will not miss me or even notice. Plus if you keep these people your friends list can get out of hand. I used to not ever do it, I felt bad, but got over it.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I usually delete that havent logged for months and people who net negative calories on a daily basis. I also deleted someone who would flood the feed about her coworkers, the weather, traffic, and her cats but never once commented on anyones stuff, never completed or filled out a food log, never updated weight progress, and whined when people didn't comment on her stories about what her mother in law or the funny guy in the cubicle next to her did. I still to this day wonder why she used the site rather than facebook. I "listened" to it for a month but if you havent commented on anyone elses status and havent logged anything, ever- not my type of support. Other than that I accept anyone as a friend.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Felt bad when I decided to delete a friend who hadn't logged in for almost a month and in the process found out she had deactivated her account. Wasn't feeling bad anymore.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I delete for the following reasons

1. You are starving yourself, eating less than 1200 calories a day. I am not supportive of this lifestyle
    2. I show support to you, you NEVER show support to me
    3. We have nothing in common
    4. You haven't been on in ages

I would do the same thing with my real life friends. :)

I wouldn't call it "starving" less than 1200 cal diet. "EVERYBODY" is different in the way they burn their own calories. Not everyone is motivated like some. So.............................1000 calories works fine and still healthy. Don't judge~
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I regularly edit my friend list. I like to keep it small and personal. So if someone doesn't log in for stretches at a time, or if I don't have anything in common with them or if they never support me then I delete them.

Makes room for new people with goals similar to mine, or who inspire me to keep going or need my support and are willing to give support in return.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I go through about once a month and delete people who haven't logged on in 3 plus weeks. I keep everybody else.

very good idea
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I am not a collector of people. I typically do not friend request someone unless they say something that proves to be highly insightful in the forums. If someone requests me I typically accept.

If a person is not supportive, doesn't ever communicate with me, or typically just doesn't log in, they aren't someone I keep around because the purpose of this site ultimately is to get in shape, help walk that path with others on the same road, and support each other and give / get advice (as right or wrong as that advice may be).