Deleting friends

Options
1234568»

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't delete someone just because they aren't actively losing weight, but I have deleted a few here and there who haven't logged on in ages.

^^^This.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I don't like having a huge friends list. If they don't log in for more than a month, they go. I have a few I know are on and off because of internet problems and the like and I keep them but that's it.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am not a collector of people. I typically do not friend request someone unless they say something that proves to be highly insightful in the forums. If someone requests me I typically accept.

If a person is not supportive, doesn't ever communicate with me, or typically just doesn't log in, they aren't someone I keep around because the purpose of this site ultimately is to get in shape, help walk that path with others on the same road, and support each other and give / get advice (as right or wrong as that advice may be).

Interesting perspective. Well said.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    A bit choosy, aren't we? Yes it's mean...Why does it matter if they aren't actively losing weight?

Really??? What kind of answer is that.

I delete inactive friends all the time. Why have them on there if they are not going to support you back. I have also deleted friends whose views did not necessarily correspond to mine. Example: I had an all organic friend... While organic food is nice. To me it isn't the be all to end all in my eating. That friend would comment on my food choice all the time... It was annoying so I deleted them. Simple as that. We are all adults and therefore can put on our big kid pants and suck it up.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Losing Weight is one thing, but if they haven't logged in in forever I don't see why NOT to delete them. I mean if they're not loggin in, they'll never know. But maybe I'm mean?? I don't think so..this is a virtual community..do what you want..delete or don't delete..I for one would NOT get my feelings hurt if someone deleted me! lol
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Eh I don't delete. I check my feed and if there's something to comment on - encourage - motivate - etc, I say what I think is helpful.
    I don't go through my list and pick and choose who's staying and going. If people delete me I would not notice. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here to try to better myself and help when or if I can.

I am also guilty of not logging in at times - primarily on the weekends when I am out living my life away from the computer. If people delete me because I'm not logging in every day Oh well...
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I've deleted people I know personally! Why? Because I'm in this site to lose weight, and if the people among my circle of "friends" (Who by the way are suppose to be supportive and on the same page as I am) are not showing any interest or don't seem to be serious about this, why have them in this journey with me?

I rather have supportive strangers (And boy do I have them!!:wink: ) than having friends who are strangers... I might keep them on my myspace, twitter or facebook, but as fars as MFP? They're either in or not. My opinion. :)
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I delete people who dont log in for weeks unless I have known them a while and they have something else happening. I will also delete people who never ever comment on my progress - I feel the support has to be two way
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    Deleting someone for less then 1200 calories seems really harsh. I am on a 1000 calorie a day diet( for the time being) for medical reasons being supervised by a Dr. and a Nutritionist. I would Be a little hurt if I was deleted for not eating what someone without a degree or knowing my situation, thinks I should be. I have to do this, like the Dr. says people, And yes I had a second opinion. But I have deleted people that never support me, and only want support. Why do i want to cheer and never be cheered on..
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends to two pages (don't know how many that is), I have a close knit little team and I like it that way. I'm not rude, I'm just not a 'collector', and like to be supportive which I can't do if I have 400+ friends like some...
  • sloneczka
    Options
    Normally I never delete, but I HAD to delete one person because he was following my posts around and whenever I said anything about protein, he would respond by putting up videos on the evils of meat consumption or other anti-meat material. I gave him a lot of chances to give it a rest, but enough was enough.

It wasn't a vegan issue because I love Vegans and appreciate the benefits of being vegan. It was more of a 'stop getting up in my face' issue.

ahhh your post cracks me up! I'm vegetarian but I see nothing wrong with eating meat, its a personal choice, he should respect yours! People like that are the reason my lifestyle choice is always met with such disdain! ughhh
  • sloneczka
    Options
    Eh I don't delete. I check my feed and if there's something to comment on - encourage - motivate - etc, I say what I think is helpful.
    I don't go through my list and pick and choose who's staying and going. If people delete me I would not notice. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here to try to better myself and help when or if I can.

I am also guilty of not logging in at times - primarily on the weekends when I am out living my life away from the computer. If people delete me because I'm not logging in every day Oh well...

I feel the same way as you do. I live in Europe and sometimes I travel for a week, once every couple months or so.. I would hate to be deleted because I took some time for living my life! I am on the computer almost everyday, its good to get away from it now and again :)
  • aliciamille
    Options
    I think you should use MFP however it makes YOU feel comfortable. Delete away if you want, no hard feelings.

Yes, I agree. However, if I see someone hasn't logged on in 2 weeks, it kind of makes me feel good about myself FOR logging in all the time and staying on track...so I keep everyone
  • Westlife88
    Options
    I honestly haven't even checked my friend list...I'm not anal about checking things constantly and deleting people just to keep up. As long as their not being rude and unsupportive then it shouldn't matter. Keep in mind, people do have lives and have things going on they may not be able to log in every day or every week. The longer they are idol the more support they'll need when they get back into it.
    Keep your mates...don't drop em' just because their not doing as well as you, when you hit your rock, and eventually you will. I dont think you would want to come back to find that all your friends have deleted you.
    In the end, it's up to you...