30 Day Shred - August Challenge

Options

Replies

• jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yeah, according to her (JM), she recommends 10 days at each level for the maximum benefit, but I think a lot of people change it up a little to fit their needs.

Hey, there's another thread, and August group, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/304157-30-day-shred-group-august If you're interested.
  • KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just finished c25k and was planning on starting 30ds today so this works out perfect! I am getting married September 10 and hope this will help with toning before the big day. Anyone is welcome to add me and I will help support and motivate!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in just completed L1 D1, bring it on!
  • fiveisenough
    Options
    I'm in just completed L1D1
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    Ok so I did my L1D1. I only see a couple of us that did it so far. C'mon everyone!
  • ape087
    ape087 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was just looking for a group like this! I had the lap band surgery about 6 months ago and need to start getting on track with my exercise to acheive the full benifits of the surgery! Do we have any other bariatric patients out there who are doing this challenge? Id love to meet someone in the same boat.
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Question?????

Today was day 1 of the 30 day shred....I am concerned about getting the same intense workout due to having to modify slightly because of a bad knee. The jumping jacks were killing me.

Any suggestions?
  • xxangelaxx
    xxangelaxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Question?????

Today was day 1 of the 30 day shred....I am concerned about getting the same intense workout due to having to modify slightly because of a bad knee. The jumping jacks were killing me.

Any suggestions?

I think the jumping jacks are purely there as a 'keep the heart rate up' exercise so you could probably just switch them for one of the other cardio type exercises that don't hurt your knee.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    L1D1 completed!! Yesssss! I managed to do all of it in one go without any breaks! (apart from guzzling down the water!) :)

Hope everyones first day went super well!! I hope your legs/stomach/back hurt the following day!! And good luck to those doing day 2 tomorrow! :D x
  • chellec85
    chellec85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How do you track the 30 day shred in your exercise log?
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just now found this group...I have started the 30DS SO MANY TIMES and have never followed through. (I'll stop after two or three days for no real reason). Anybody here who wants to friend me, PLEASE feel free...I need all the motivation I can get!!
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I finished the first day. I had a hard time with it. Just being honest. I weigh 392.4 on day 1.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    How do you track the 30 day shred in your exercise log?

I have an HRM to count my calories. I burn 220 on level one and closer to 300 on level two. Have never done level 3. Everyone is different though.

I'm game for starting back up in August. Will start tomorrow, aug 2
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Argh! Sad face for me. I didn't get home until after 9pm and I still have not gotten everything done I needed to do. I figure I have another hour where I can start and it still be considered 'today'. :(
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Woot!! I'm so glad I saw this thread!! Just started 30DS (L1D1) today after being a complete fail last month. I am VERY uncoordinated so some of the moves just perplexed me in L2 and I got really discouraged. I was afraid to even look at L3. I AM going to kick Jillian's BUTT this month so bring it on!!!!

Feel free to friend me. I love having more people!
  • ape087
    ape087 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 1 COMPLETE! let me just say how much I dislike jumping jacks :mad: I guess it's for my own good though, especially since dinner was utter crap food. and I looked at a couple of different websites, and it said to track this as circuit training.
  • sizehealthy
    Options
    I'll be starting this tomorrow!! I'm so excited to finally give this a real go.
  • 2373naples
    Options
    I have the dvd and begin tomorrow. Yeah.
  • ladybugfrenzy
    ladybugfrenzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine too! I am so in but nervous because I don't know what to expect! Everyone says here and on other sites how great it is and they got awesome results. We'll see!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was really good about it for a while earlier this year and saw amazing results... then I slacked off and now it's back to square one. :( I'm in to kick some butt in August!