TEAM-BLUE-lose-10lbs-in-August

Options

Replies

• agrabau
    agrabau Posts: 35
    Options
    Way to go Blue Team!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    This is rather late. My weight last Friday was 174.6. But this week will be better. :) Really excited about how close I am to reaching 20 lbs lost.
  • chichio
    chichio Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I am sooooooo excited... In a week, I have lost 5lbs so I almost there... I can't believe how conscious I have become about just how much I am eating. I don't believe in dieting but I am officially quantity conscious.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I lost just 1lb this week, 4lb so far :) getting there!!!!!! glad he scales moved as I was afraid I was on stall :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: Well done everybody for another good week.
  • caroltina
    Options
    way hey 3 victories today : 1) 1lb off (i'd like more but hey loss is loss) 2) Got on 2 pairs of trousers that I had put away and now FIT!!!!! 3) reached 1005 minutes of exercise for this month, target was 1000, and I have 2 weeks to spare :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: GOOD MORNING!!!!! Weigh in time!!! Get me those weights so I can update that LOVELY blue chart! Can't wait to see how you all have done this week! I myself have not done great and who else to blame up that LOVELY UNCLE TOM! He left all of you and came to me HAHA.... Of course he is not totally to blame. I have not been exercising like I should be. Hmm... Okay so it is me. Hope to hear from ya soon!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 1 lb this week! (Starting weight 209, weight today 206.4 = total loss of 2.6 lbs)

However, I had to share my lil TOM story for this week...

I normally retain water over the weekend, so I tend to weigh myself on Mondays sometimes just to see how the weekend affects my weight...plus I tend to not eat so healthy on the weekends...I was drinking a lot of water over the weekend and at the end of last week, but I wasn't going to the bathroom as frequently as I expected, so I knew something was up.

So, on Mon 8/15, my weight jumped from 207.4 to 215.2!!! Up 7.8 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. It has NEVER jumped that high. and I didn't think my eating was as horrible over the weekend as it was in past weekends...

Monday night I did a lil workout, and decided to weigh myself daily this week (probably just for this week) to see if the scale would go down...

Tuesday morning, I weighed myself again, and it went from 215.2 to 211.2 (4 lb loss). I thought "oh good, it is going down."

Wednesday morning, I forgot to weigh myself before breakfast, so I weighed myself after breakfast, and it went up 0.2 (from 211.2 to 211.4). I didn't think that was bad, as I had eaten breakfast, so obviously that would make the scale go up.

Yesterday morning, I weighed myself and it was 208.6 (2.8 lb loss from Wednesday)...I was happy about this, and thought, OMG, I only have 1.2 lbs to lose for tomorrow to get back to where I was...and I was crossing my fingers that I would lose more than the 1.2!

Then, today, TA DA! 206.4 (down 2.2 from yesterday). THANK YOU LORD!
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    Well, I lost 1 lb this week! (Starting weight 209, weight today 206.4 = total loss of 2.6 lbs)

However, I had to share my lil TOM story for this week...

I normally retain water over the weekend, so I tend to weigh myself on Mondays sometimes just to see how the weekend affects my weight...plus I tend to not eat so healthy on the weekends...I was drinking a lot of water over the weekend and at the end of last week, but I wasn't going to the bathroom as frequently as I expected, so I knew something was up.

So, on Mon 8/15, my weight jumped from 207.4 to 215.2!!! Up 7.8 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. It has NEVER jumped that high. and I didn't think my eating was as horrible over the weekend as it was in past weekends...

Monday night I did a lil workout, and decided to weigh myself daily this week (probably just for this week) to see if the scale would go down...

Tuesday morning, I weighed myself again, and it went from 215.2 to 211.2 (4 lb loss). I thought "oh good, it is going down."

Wednesday morning, I forgot to weigh myself before breakfast, so I weighed myself after breakfast, and it went up 0.2 (from 211.2 to 211.4). I didn't think that was bad, as I had eaten breakfast, so obviously that would make the scale go up.

Yesterday morning, I weighed myself and it was 208.6 (2.8 lb loss from Wednesday)...I was happy about this, and thought, OMG, I only have 1.2 lbs to lose for tomorrow to get back to where I was...and I was crossing my fingers that I would lose more than the 1.2!

Then, today, TA DA! 206.4 (down 2.2 from yesterday). THANK YOU LORD!

HAHAHA!! You made yourself go crazy!!! poor thing! I hate when the scale is not my friend.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was going crazy weighing my self all week too at one point I was up 4 lbs. TOM and new bcp. But in the end I only gained half a pound so better than earlier in the week:) Next week I'm going to visit my grandparents with my two girls. It's going tobe hard to get in my normal exercise I'll do the best i can.
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    I don't like to weigh myself until I have to, but I was feeling like it was a terrible week for me. I didn't make the challenges this week cause I was sick for a while (and I think I still am a little) and I felt fatter so I wanted to give up several times (but I didn't lol). But I did lose another 3lbs this week so I am so excited about that. I feel all that discouragement and sickness was just a waste of my worries haha. But today I am feeling pretty good. I think it was because I went to run/walk the mile again with my friend and I felt great even though I knew I could have done better. But I am happy with what I did. And my boyfriend made a delicious meal, chicken with potatoes and carrots. Yum. He said he thought I deserved it because This past week my intake was way below just about every day. So he said he would make up for it haha. I am feeling confident again and I hope I can lose the next 4lbs for this challenge by month end! Woo! :)

And you all have been doing so great! Just keep up the hard work and we can teach those lbs who's boss :P
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    i'm down 1.1lb this week again, and i've been pretty good with water and exercise.

However this next week may be difficult as i'm having major problems in my personal life at the moment.
    I hope i'm able to stay in control and not let my team down!
  • caroltina
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend :)
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    Good Morning FaBLUElous Blue Team! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I know I did!! I had a weekend full of birthday parties and BBQ's. Of course I did not do the best at the BBQ and still have not lost anything!!! I am getting in control starting today and not letting this downward spiral I am having destroy me! I have come so far (25 pounds) and I am gaining. A little embarrasing, but there is nobody to blame but myself!! I am in control and I am not exercising or eating like I should be. (Not the best team captain and role model eh?) BUT I am telling you all this. I will get these extra pounds off no matter what it takes!!!! I have 5 days to get there and I CAN DO THIS! You guys are all so motivational to me and I cannot do it without the push that you guys give me. THANK YOU!

The new chart is up! The new Challenges are at the top of that chart if you forget what they are. I tried to make this more convenient for you all. I will also post the new challenges here:

*** Continue 45 minutes of exercise 5/7 days (only 5 because we got this out late!) ***
    *** Continue drinking 8 glasses of water EVERY DAY ***
    *** Stay under your calorie goal EVERY DAY ***
    *** Submit 1 NSV (non scale victory) to your team captain by Friday ***

If you all do not know what an NSV is, here are some examples: ( clothes fitting when they didn't before; someone complimenting on your weight loss; being able to run/ walk longer than you did before; etc. ) Any kind of victory that you encounter that does not have to do with that number scale!!

My NSV for this week is: I went skating at a local roller skating rink. YES, I roller skate every week. Well, I haven't been there in maybe a month because every Wed, there was just something else to do. When I walked in, one of the workers said "WOW you have lost a lot of weight. How much have you lost!?" I felt so good about myself! Even though I have not exercised and gained 4 pounds total, they still see a difference and that made me feel GREAT!!! Now I want to hear yours!

Here is the spreadsheet link again for any of you who have not yet had the chance to check it out. If you see any blanks and you know what your weight was for that date, let me know in a private message. Also, Anyone who has 3 consecutive NO WEIGH-INS by WEDNESDAY 8/24/11 will be taken off the chart. Please make sure to check this out so we don't lose you! Thanks and good luck with this week!!! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar8UKSlMhqzbdE8zZ3pfbzE5Qk80OXlpTnhkMGVMREE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • ashleehenda
    Options
    I was at my nephews birthday party yesterday and needless to say I didn't eat too good. I can't when Im at a family do !!!

The worst thing is my brother in-law's mum said "I thought you were losing weight, you look fat today" !!! OH MY GOD! I could have died!

Hoping I can lose a lot this week. I'm ready for this!!!
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    I was at my nephews birthday party yesterday and needless to say I didn't eat too good. I can't when Im at a family do !!!

The worst thing is my brother in-law's mum said "I thought you were losing weight, you look fat today" !!! OH MY GOD! I could have died!

Hoping I can lose a lot this week. I'm ready for this!!!

NO WAY!!!! OOOOHHHHH that lady may have not had any teeth left if that were me she said that to LOL! (Not literally--- but a good visual!) MAN! I would have cried for the rest of the day and left! You are better than me!
  • caroltina
    Options
    Some people can be so harsh, poor you
  • caroltina
    Options
    Some people can be so harsh, poor you
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi, I sts this week, which was expected as TOM has been to visit and thankfully gone now, so heres hoping for next week (has fingers and toes all crossed ) lol xx:frown:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have begun "shopping" in my teenage daughters' closets. I am wearing a small shirt and a size 2 pants. I was a 2XL and a 16 in March of this year! I can't afford new clothes so this has been a real help to me!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have begun "shopping" in my teenage daughters' closets. I am wearing a small shirt and a size 2 pants. I was a 2XL and a 16 in March of this year! I can't afford new clothes so this has been a real help to me!

that's awesome!!!! congrats :)