TEAM-BLUE-lose-10lbs-in-August

Options

Replies

• ddoolittle
    Options
    My NSV is that I've run two 1/2 Marathons the last two weekends! The first one was really tough on me, and then this last weekend I ran strong, ten minutes faster than the weekend prior.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV with a cardio workout this week. I am totally fine with strength training, and getting stronger every day. Cardio, however is still not improving as much as I'd like. So on monday, I signed up for a 1 hour spin class, but you have to get there so early to sign up becuase the class fills up like 45 minutes before the start. So what to do? I just decided to run. I ran for about 30 minutes prior to the class and ended up doing a full 1 and a half of cario and kept it at my target heart rate. I may not be the fastest, but that is a lot for someone who could only do about 5 or 10 minutes of cardio less than a year ago.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Just sending a reminder that it is Wednesday. Please check the spreadsheet and make sure that I have your weights in so that you do not get deleted off the spreadsheet for have missed 3 weigh ins consecutively! Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar8UKSlMhqzbdE8zZ3pfbzE5Qk80OXlpTnhkMGVMREE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    I had a NSV with a cardio workout this week. I am totally fine with strength training, and getting stronger every day. Cardio, however is still not improving as much as I'd like. So on monday, I signed up for a 1 hour spin class, but you have to get there so early to sign up becuase the class fills up like 45 minutes before the start. So what to do? I just decided to run. I ran for about 30 minutes prior to the class and ended up doing a full 1 and a half of cario and kept it at my target heart rate. I may not be the fastest, but that is a lot for someone who could only do about 5 or 10 minutes of cardio less than a year ago.

Awesome job!!! I too struggle with cardio!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My nsv is that after never having been to a gym before, I went, enjoyed it, went 5 days last week (I was on hols), burnt more than 5000 cals on exercise during the week, then joined the gym!!
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My nsv is....i need to move the seat closer to the steering wheel!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That was so mean! Poo on her.
  • astrand1800
    astrand1800 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My NSV was that I ran for 30 min on the treadmill and the distance ended up being 2.5 miles. I am not a runner, never liked running even when I could do a 6 min mile in high school when conditioning for sports. I hurt so bad the next day, tuesday, but my friend and i got back on the treadmill and jogged again for 30 min. I did 2 miles and every second hurt. It was a victory but I realize i really should never do the same thing two days in a row when i haven't done it in years. My legs still are sore today.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just weighed, no progress :( and I am gutted. I have trained everyday, sometimes burning over 1000 cals, on my HRM, and been under my goals nutritionally everyday - fed up
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Oppsy!! Forgot to say my NSV is I cycled twice as far in less time on the exercise bike and upped my level on my elliptical intervals, and got into trousers and jackets I have never worn this week :)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Go blue team!
    I am down another pound this week to 208. That is another pound down for me!:smile: 8 pounds total for the month. Under calories 4/5 day, excerised 45 minutes a day for 5 days this week, and have continued keeping up with my water intake! My NSV is that I lost another clothing size! Back to the thrift shop for me. I also need a new bathing suit (ugh I usually don't like to shop for one), but my old one is nearly falling off of me!
    I am heading to the mountains this weekend...determined to stay on track and finish strong. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Go blue team!
    I am down another pound this week to 208. That is another pound down for me!:smile: 8 pounds total for the month. Under calories 4/5 day, excerised 45 minutes a day for 5 days this week, and have continued keeping up with my water intake! My NSV is that I lost another clothing size! Back to the thrift shop for me. I also need a new bathing suit (ugh I usually don't like to shop for one), but my old one is nearly falling off of me!
    I am heading to the mountains this weekend...determined to stay on track and finish strong. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • cbashful
    cbashful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3.4 pounds this week...A total of 11.6 for the month..I am super excited to see where I can go with this....The only bad thing is that all of my jeans have gotten to big for me and they sag in the front and the back, not a good look.I also have not been drinking enough water, but I am determined to get back on track. I am so hapy for all of us. Keep pushing and good luck to everyone. GEAUX BLUE TEAM!!!

9639934.png
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    Alright everyone! I have some sad news!! I am going to be taking an online class this fall so I will not be able to keep up with the team captain duties. I need to stay focused with school so that I can finally get this over with. I still have 12 classes to go and I don't need to start failing a class and keep me in school even longer. UGH Can't stand it anymore I just want it to be over! Anyway... I was wondering if anyone would like to take over team captain for the Blue Team?

DHiggins was the starter of the Blue team and I have not heard back from him about if he is coming back in September. If he does come back, he may need some more help anyway because of the amount of people who have been joining this challenge (which is amazing I must say!).

Please let me know if you would be interested in becoming team captain for the September Challenge. I am sorry about this but I have to do what I have to do.... I will still be around on here but I just cannot keep up with a full time job, school and being team captain.

Also! We need a new team captain for the PURPLE team as well! SommerJo is resigning also. So there is room for more than one person here.

If you are interested, please send me a private message (this way I am sure not to miss your request) :glasses: Thanks
  • ddoolittle
    Options
    Are we weighing in today and the 31st? Or continuing with Friday weigh-ins thru Sept? Thanks!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I had a great week this week, lost 3.5lbs! Also, did the exercise and drank my water:)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I was at my nephews birthday party yesterday and needless to say I didn't eat too good. I can't when Im at a family do !!!

The worst thing is my brother in-law's mum said "I thought you were losing weight, you look fat today" !!! OH MY GOD! I could have died!

Hoping I can lose a lot this week. I'm ready for this!!!

What a perfectly horrible thing to say to someone....shame on her! You pay her no attention...which is easier said than done

Pam
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I forgot all about my NSV! I needed to get a new swim suit to use at the gym's pool. I had no idea what size to get, so I picked a few sizes and tried them on. I enede up with a regular size 18....not bad from a Women's 28

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    Are we weighing in today and the 31st? Or continuing with Friday weigh-ins thru Sept? Thanks!

Yes we are weighing in both days and there will be a September challenge
  • complejo
    complejo Posts: 36
    Options
    My NSV this week was that the other day I noticed my watch is so loose now it can spin completely around my wrist! Time to remove a link from the band I guess!