200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I just love you ladies!!! You make me laugh...thanks. I did manage a 90 min run today on trails with lots of big hills.

Just a reminder that this post 481 (edit to 182 as Kerry posted) and the thread will lock at 500. A link and new thread part 2 will automatically be started. You've been such posting fiends, I expect this will happen in the next 24 hours.

Kathryn - have a great time in Vegas!!! What are you planning to do or see?

Amy - happy to hear your foots doing better. Men ;) the only time I get flowers is when he's bought a new pinball machine.

Lacey - I'm glad your planning to get checked out. I hope it's just stress.

Sarah - I'm glad you got the kids turned around today. Shopping prayers headed your way.

Kerry - glad you'll be sticking around:)

Karen - good luck with the house.

Kendal - the beach. Have fun for me!!!

Hallie - cute pic!!!

I have to get cleaned up before DH gets home since we're headed to my mom's tonight. We have to deliver my bros bday gift.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!! It's so freakin' hott out and windy!!!!! I so want to dunk my head in the water cooler with ice. Bahahahaha. Anyone want to take my job? Oh and guess who still has 700 some calories left at 4:10 p.m.? This chick!!!!!! This hasn't happened in forever!! !! Catch up with you lovelies tonight!!!!! My glorified twenty minute break every 80 minutes is now up. Boo.
  • WildcatNatalie05
    WildcatNatalie05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anvy0530 - I am a HUGE Kim Harrison fan, went to her signing last year in MI with my best friend!! Have you seen the new cover art for her next book? FANTASTIC, I can't wait!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Current major b!tch: My iphone isn't a global phone. Meaning I spent $300 on a phone I can't use anywhere else but in the US. Meaning I either have to get a new phone or figure something else out before I go to Europe. Meaning it won't work in Canada. Meaning my work is going to want to make me switch back to the evil crackberry. SOFB I am So irritated right now.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Kendal - Well, it was sweet of him to think of bringing you something, but maybe he should have thought a bit harder about WHAT to bring! Way to go giving away half the kitkat... i SO would not have been able to control myself!

Rikki - Cowboy party sounds awesome! Great idea!

Amy - Yay for weightbearing!!! Well done you!

WiggleSarah - Bahaha! Of course she wants the pink robe! How considerate of him :tongue: and way to GO making those kids take responsibility for themselves!! And so, are we expecting the pitter-patter of tiny feet anytime soon? teehee!

Kerry - That is funny as about your hubby sleep-talking!!

Lacey - That sucks majorly about the phone. When i went to the UK a few years ago my family and i all just bought cheap phones when we got there.

Glad everyone is enjoying Hyperbole and a Half. I thought you might!

Well, we had indian takeaway for tea last night... Not the worst takeaway that can be had, but i expect the sodium level is through the roof! Oh well, it was storming and i didn't feel like cooking!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Sarah: Did you mention to us why you are watching these hellions? Are they family or are you doing someone a favor or something? Bless your heart for doing it, I cannot stand to watch other people's kids. I'm so glad that both me and The Hubbs are on the same page of not wanting any more kids.

Amy, We are in a house attached to two apartments. It's kinda like a triplex, but it is definitely not three equal units. The neighbor closest to us is a single mom. She hired a baby-sitter for the summer and I got curious, knowing the boys were next door, why no one was showing up until 1 p.m...even though she left for work at 6:30 a.m.. Apparently, the sitter was bribing the kids with time alone for not telling their mom she left them for so long. 11 years and 6 years is TOO young to be alone for all that time. She fired the sitter, thinking her mom and dad could watch the boys for the remainng month of summer vacation. They told her they couldn't handle the boys and she would have to find an alternative. So, she was telling me that she was going to hire the 14 year old across the street to do it. Yeah. Right. Like she could handle it. I told her I could do it for the month of August. School starts on 8/31. She was very grateful and very impressed that I have my kids on such a tight schedule. Her kids are starting to adapt, but have never had a nap or quiet time in their entire lives. So, that was a shock. I feed my kids real food...that doesnt' come out of plastic or cardboard...that was a shock. I have disicpliine in my house...that was a shock...and all at once. So, naturally, we had some power struggles. I expect them to talk to me like an adult, with respect and eye contact. They are having the hardest time with that. We are still working on it.

So, the next time I feel helpful and offer to watch someone elses kids, I want you to beat me senseless. Ok? Ok. Thanks.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not responding to everyone, because I'd really like to, but just don't have the time at the moment, but wanted to touch base and let you know how things are going.

Back on the INSANITY train. Today was day 2 of it. My calves were hurting a bit today after day 1. Note to self: do not wear heels to work after jumping back on the INSANITY dvds. Feels good though to work my body over more. Makes me feel more healthy.

Last night I got together with my friend and we had pizza (i can't get away from it)-- but my fav kind, from this place that does NY style that has spinach, tomatoes, and ricotta cheese on it. Delicious. I only had two (well, rather large) pieces, but better than the 3-4 I would normally have when eating alone, and we split a piece of raspberry chocolate cake, so all in all, it could have been worse. I think I was about 200ish calories over for the day, but I'll take it.

I might have (oops) had another piece of the pizza for breakfast this morning, but I used all the willpower I had to throw the rest of it away (there might have been tears in my eyes as I dumped it), because I know I would have continued to eat it and I don't need the calories. Tomorrow should be a decent food day. Thursday is a potluck at work, so that could be interesting. I'm thinking about making pretty decadent brownies, which I'd never make for myself. Then I fly out to Philly late afternoon.

Just wanted to catch y'all up with my life. I'm thinking about you! Multiple times today I opened the site hoping to post and just got backlogged with other to-do items. Sorry, ladies!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    lament of the day--fat calves. In a town where xtratuffs are a necessity (average 150 inches a year) I am stuck wearing boots two sizes to big. (only way to get them to fit the calves. URGGGGGG!!!)

Okay, I'm done, time to go take a walk in the rain...It's a good thing I really like the rain.

-Katheryne
  • babyworms
    Options
    Totally off topic from everything:

MY FLOWER GIRL DRESSES ARRIVED TODAY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    And i'm posting my Bridesmaid in new guinea her dress today also!

WOO WEDDING WOO!!!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Thanks everyone for compliments on the picture!

Bobbie: Awwww, thank you! Yeah, a few adults have told me that once or twice before. :smile:

Sarah(wiggle): When do you guys start school? It seems earlier than us.

Amy: Is Germany crazy? Crazy yucky weather. I loved the bike ride! It was wonderful! The rolling pin helped with stretching!

Katie! Yayyyy for being alive! :smile:

Hosanna: What will your wedding be like?

Kristina: What is INSANITY like?

time for sleepy time and it's only 10:00 p.m.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nava: ew. I t hink it's a contest to show off their 'stuff.' When really, we just don't care.

Amy: I blew coffee out of my nose when I read the "I want something" smile...I got that smile last night....when he wanted another baby.

Lacey: What are you going to do about the phone? could this be contributing to the heart pain? It is an apple product, after all... :)

Hosanna: Um, I think I am cured of ever needing another baby ever. These boys have removed every possibility of further reproduction urge I may ever have again.

Kendal: The kitkat was an awesome thought... the gift that keeps giving...one stick now...think of him. Another stick later...think of him. and so on...

Kerry: Try to keep your turtle under control, will ya! It's causing sleep disturbance in the household. ;)

I did Zumba tonight - for an hour. It kicked my butt and I loved EVERY minute of it. I am considering becoming a certified instructor. hmmm....food for thought. Speaking of food, dinner's ready! yay!!
  • babyworms
    Options
    Hailie - It's going to be AWESOME!! Although it's smack bang in the middle of an Australian Summer... 14th January. Likely to be around the 40degree celcius mark... which i think is over 100F. We're having it in a small winery garden, with 100 people. It's a lunchtime wedding, and we're getting a mobile wood-oven pizza place to come and make us pizza!! I have a bridesmaid from PNG, one from Sudan who lives in Melbourne, and my friend from my town. The two dark girls are going to be in yellow dresses with pink tulle-y stuff over the top, and my local friend will be in pink with yellow. I have one each pink and yellow flower girl. The boys will probably be in blue, since Isaac refuses to have his men in pink and/or yellow.
    I've got a full-on princess ball gown, which is exactly what i have ALWAYS wanted. And since my bridesmaid dresses look like fairy dresses, it feels even more like a fairy-tale!!
    My dad has some friends who have a band, and they're playing a few sets, and my MC will be in charge of the rest of the music - which involves moving between playlists on my iPod!
    It's just going to be a fun, awesome, relaxed party in a garden. Exactly what we both want, and there aren't that many things that have to be absolutely completely 100% perfect, so there are minimal opportunities for me to become completely Bridezilla.
    Teagan (my friend) and i are going to Adelaide (we live out bush, so it's nearly a 5 hour drive!) to look at my dress and hopefully taste some cakes next week.
    All of my BM and FG flowers and dresses have been ordered online, either off eBay or DinoDirect, so i've ended up with three BM and two FG dresses for less than $400 all together, and for ALL my flowers (eight smaller posies and my HUUUUGE arrangement) for about $350. I don't see there being any reason that weddings have to be ridiculously expensive!!

So there we go... that's what my wedding is going to be like!

Edit -
    WiggleSarah - bahahaha. just hearing about them is making me think i should wait even LONGER before thinking clucky thoughts :tongue:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am back to logging so here are my numbers for Tuesday: 2456 calories burned (I was pretty surprised with that, but I'll take it)/ 1599 calories eaten/ 857 calorie deficit.

Hosanna: Your wedding sounds like it is going to be beautiful. I love the colors pink and yellow together. Now, you mentioning that it's summertime in Australia when it's winter for us reminded me that I always wanted to ask someone from Australia - what is Christmas like in summer?

Sarah (WnT): Thanks for giving me the back story on those kids. It sounds like they will greatly benefit from being in your house (but it will drive you slightly batty in the process). I think it would be so fun to be a Zumba instructor! If I was anywhere near some place I could do that, I would. You should go for it!

Hailie: Germany isn't crazy, it's just different from the US. It takes a long time to get used to all the cultural differences (ok, I'm STILL not used to all of it and I've lived here 16 months).

Katheryne: I hear you on the fat calves. I have a pang of jealousy every time I see someone with their jeans tucked into their super-cute, knee-high boots. Maybe someday...but probably not, I had big calves even when I was skinny.

Kristina: WTG dumping the leftovers! That is SUCH a hard thing for me to do. I grew up pretty poor so it was ingrained in me from a young age that throwing food away was a mortal sin. I'm getting better about it but I still prefer to give it away than toss it in the trash.

Lacey: That totally blows about your phone! The iPhones here in Europe are unlocked so they can be used anywhere but I still try to keep my usage low when out of Germany as the costs of using it are insane. Maybe you could get a cheap pre-paid phone once you get to Europe. They're sold everywhere and are pretty cheap.

Natalie: I have seen Kim Harrison's cover art for the new book! Yay!

Victoria: Great run yesterday! I only get flowers for Mother's Day and when I buy them myself (which I do fairly often as we live in an area with a bunch of little pick-them-yourself flower patches. You go out there and there's a sign posted with the costs of each type of flower available and you cut the flowers you want and leave the money in a little box).

Kerry: That. Is. Hysterical. The Hubbs talks in his sleep but never forms very coherent sentences. It's more like a string of words that really have no business being in the same sentence. You really should be more responsible with your turtle. :laugh:

Well, now that I've caught up with you ladies, I better see about breakfast and feeding my pathetic dog with a cone on his head. Have a lovely day!
  • babyworms
    Options
    Amy - Christmas is AWESOME in Summer! Our Christmas Eves used to be awesome when mum and dad still lived in South Australia. They lived on a 10acre property in the middle of vineyards (they owned one) and we used to have a big get together on their hill every christmas eve. Santa would come up on the quad bike and give out presents (there are still a few kids in our family - i'm the oldest of my generation) and we'd drink and eat cheese and crackers in tshirts and shorts looking over the views as the sun went down. Christmas Lunch is usually outside, although it can be a bit rainy in summer, so there's always a backup plan.
    We've always been the kind of family to pick up "strays" so i think we ended up with 15 extra people from overseas (france, Africa and PNG) last year... I'm going to miss Christmas with my family - mum and dad moved to Tasmania this year, and now i'm living out bush it's difficult to see them. I'm seeing my mum in October for the first time since easter, and i won't see my dad until the wedding! But we've got all of my Other Half's family out here... but i'll probably be working Christmas, especially since i'll be going on four weeks' leave come new year for the wedding!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hosanna: Your family Christmas sounds really nice. I grew up in California so we didn't have the snowy TV-Special kind of Christmas but it wasn't nice weather either as it was still winter. What are you doing for your honeymoon?
  • babyworms
    Options
    Amy - We're going on a 10-night cruise around the south pacific. Lovely, relaxing, and super awesomely affordable!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just a global - you all make me laugh and smile soooo much - I will try to hold onto both as we camp for the next few days - helping out at a festival, rain forecast and TOM visiting early just to complete the package.

Catch up next week - keep well and Lacey - I'm with you on one being enough!!!!!

xx
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Can the PMS chocolate rage (er...craving) be handled in a healthy way?

I'm making these as we speak, just to find out: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/black-bean-brownies/

...so far - they smell quite good and they are only 174 calories per serving....I'll let you know how they work out.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Katheryne- the boot situation KILLS me! Even when I was smaller, I've always had large calf muscles, and no cute boots ever fit! Even some expanded width in the calf ones still don't work. Super depressing, cause i'd like some cute ones!

Hailie- insanity, is well, insane. VERY intense fast cardio, which is pretty high impact as well. I'm pretty well drenched in sweat by the end of the "warm up". I did three weeks of it a few months back, and was seeing really nice results (somewhat in weight, more so in just general shrinking down and tightening up). On a separate note, when are you getting to campus?? Are you living in a dorm?

Sarah- zumba is fab! I've only done the dvds, but am thinking about taking a class through the U.

Hosanna- fairy tale wedding theme sounds pretty fab!

Amy- I was just looking a recipe for black bean brownies this past weekend. Let me know how they turn out, cause I can always use more healthy ways to make treats. The brownies I'm making this evening for the potluck tomorrow are NOT low cal. haha.

Check in from yesterday: 1604 eaten / 797 exercise calories / 393 under. Woo! Even though I didn't post my calorie counts over the past few days, I HAVE been logging everything like a good gal!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Oooh, ooh - do I get to be the one who flips the thread????

ETA: YAY!!!!