200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Kendal - that sucks. I'm betting your deductible and co-pay for the year is $1000 or $1500. Since you're getting close to meeting it, is there anything else you want looked at this year. Call and set up a payment plan. If you tell them, you can only afford $5 or $20 per month, they should accept payments without penalties. Good luck.
    nope. My deductible is $2450. It's ok though. It's just money. I just finished paying off a credit card last month and I will get almost $40 put into my HSA account every month so I will be able to make monthly payments on it. Plus, as of this moment, my bank account is pretty good and I get paid tomorrow but only have $100 worth of bills to come out. I'm better off than I think. It just hit me all at once exactly HOW MUCH I'm paying for this one little injury.

Fav 5 foods: mac and cheese with beanie weenies (ok thats a fav meal from my childhood that I still can't turn down), pizza, veggie straws (the cinnamon apple kind), grilled cheese with tomato soup, and sweet potato fries (made in a restaurant where they deep fry them instead of the healthy kind I make at home where I bake them, but they are still "good enough" at home) ....but every time I read someone else's fav 5 foods, I'm like "OH YEAH!!! THAT IS GOOD!" and I want to change my list lol

I came in to work early and will work through lunch to be able to leave at 3:30 today. I didn't get the car packed like I thought I would yesterday, but I do have most of my stuff packed and in a pile in the living room, ready to go in the car. There's just too much stuff that has to be packed last minute (or at least after I got ready this morning). So I will deal with it after work.

I probably won't be posting over the weekend. I'm not going to take my laptop but I can still log food on my itouch. But, my mom and possibly my sister or dad or brother each have their laptops so maybe I will be able to post a little. I did pack 2 workout outfits and plan to take Lexi around the campground a couple times.

Mr. Reunion gave me a bag of peanut m&ms today. I'm waiting on my friend to get to work so I can give it to her. I already ate a handful of them.

Kristina and Sarah(wnt)- omg grilled cheese and tomato soup is my FAVORITE "I'm sick/sad/grumpy and it's cold outside" meal.

Kristina- Great job throwing away the pizza and the chips! It's so hard to throw away edible food. (Notice I called it edible and not "good food" lol)

Hosanna- that is FANTASTIC that you walked 3 laps instead of the planned two laps!!! I bet the pups loved it!!
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THURSDAY!

The scale was very kind this morning and that makes my day. I got to the gym before work and it was great! Today is payday. What more could a girl ask for?

Top five fav foods:

Chips & Salsa....could live on these
    Penn Station club subs
    Tomatos & cucumbers still warm from the garden with salt & pepper
    CHOCOLATE
    Rotisserie Chicken

Update: August is a busy month for us, since my Birthday is the 25th, my son's 5th Birthday is on the 28th, he startes kindergarten on the 31st, we have an end of summer bash to celebrate all of our birthdays. My son's first season of soccer starts end of the month. Whew, I'm wore out just talking about it.

After our recent trip to Myrtle Beach, my husband is ready to move south. We both love it south and I love the opportunities that are available along with the weather. What I don't like is being so far from my famliy. They are a huge, HUGE, part of my kids' lives and I don't want to take that away from them. As well as moving so far (600 miles) is pretty scary. I mean, we have friends down there, so we wouldn't be totally alone, but still. My parents and grandparents watch my kids 2-3 days a week and are always there for over nights if we need some alone time. I just don't want the kids to "jipped" out of haning out with such awesome people. I'd love to move, but I want to take my family with me!! So, I don't think anything is going to change right quick, but it's still a bit scary.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your thoughts/prayers/support for Melodie!

And yes, as Amy mentioned, we got the house!! Now paperwork & such to sort out, but it's ours!! Woo-hoo!! And there goes some of the stress I was dealing with!! We're having to convince Aaron that moving is a good thing, but we'll manage that. He just doesn't do change well! :o)

Ready to head to Mellie's Dr appt in an hour, so hoping that will go well. :o)

Fave foods...hmmm...

Pimento cheese. Home made or Ky Natural Farms Brand (not picky at all, am I?)

Queso sauce

Strawberries

This appetizer from Bahama Breeze....bread w/tomatoes & cilantro...yummy...can't remember what it's called though, been too long

M&M's...any kind, any time...except the pretzel, just eww.

And now I have to get some work done before I head to Nashville, so *hugs* and you're all awesome & I'll get back to responding someday!

No, I didn't run, I did laundry & cleaned & packed an emergency bag just in case we had to stay. And typed minutes for a business meeting at church & cooked for the potluck before the business meeting. So I wasn't lazy, just busy. :o)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Congrats on the house Karen and my thoughts are with you and Melody today.

Kendal - mr Reunion needs a little hint that flowers are better for your health!!! Have a nice weekend.

Lacey - hope you feel better.

I've finished my lunch. I forgot to eat before my run and could feel it - I did tons of walk/jog in last 2 miles but still managed 10 miles @ 14.54 pace. It's 10 am and I've already had 8+ glasses of water. I now have 1/2 hour to shower and leave for work. Long run and working = not a good combo. Love you all and wish I had time to respond to everyone.

Hallie - thanks for the offer but I want to keep my mom!!! I could let you borrow her for a day, you'd love her...
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Pam: Totally awesome that you are so super close to wearing that dress comfortably!

Kerry: Another brewery! Have fun! And I'm surprised beer wasn't number one!!! :tongue:

My tope five favority foods are:
    1. Crab Legs (yummmmmm)
    2. Chocolate cake (hence my weight!)
    3. Cheese of any kind. Everything is better with cheese.
    4. Bread. I love bread. And I miss it!
    5. Chinese food/Japanese food. Its my fave! (sodium overload)

Nava: I think that is super tacky. Moms just love those types of social gatherings, I think, so they don't care about outside circumstances.

Kendal: Pay them what you can every month, even if it is only $1. As long as you give them SOMETHING they can't penalize you.

Hailie: No thanks, dear. I have one of those myself!

Hosanna: Dippin Dots are "ice cream of the future," which came out years ago lol. Its flas frozen in little tiny dots that stick to your lips.

Amy: I think you've made incredible progress in a short amount of time. Don't forget to factor surgery and medical issues into the equation. You're an inspiration, lady!

That is all I have time for for now. Will update later!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    AMY!! You are overseas military?! Right?? Holey Moley, girl...If you want coupons, I have coupons!! You should be able to use American coupons up to six months past the expiration date. Am I right?

I have been an extreme couponer for almost 5 years. When I was laid off in January of 2006 and my husband had no job yet, we looked at our situation and started to cry. Added up all of our debt: cars, student loans (hubby only, I paid cash), and credit cards (again, hubby only): We were $99,987.13 in the hole - living in a tiny dark apartment without an asset to our name, and I was pregnant.

Once he found a job, we moved back to Portland, and I started changing our money situation with the (small) paychecks he was bringing home. For the past five years, he has made $45K/year and I have stayed home...and we are debt free as of August 1. Starting on Monday, he will be making more than double that and we have no debt to put it toward...I'm a little overwhelmed.

So, my point is, if you want coupons, I can send you tons. I buy five newspapers every single week and clip every coupon in it -- because you never know what is going to make you money. Case in point: I haven't paid for milk in over a year...and we use 12 gallons every two weeks.

I just need your address and i can mail them off every couple of weeks.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Hossana

Dippin' Dots are these tiny little balls, usually pastel (blue, pink, green and white) of ice cream that have been frozen with liquid nitrogen. They don't tend to melt. ( of course this could just be because they never lasted long enough to melt) and they are about the size of skittles or m&ms. Growning up they only place I was ever able to get them was at Disney World. Now; however, you can buy them at supermarkets and malls.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Okay, sarah (wigglet), I'm obsessed with the show Extreme Couponing... do you have like a big stockpile or are you just buying as you need? Do you use websites to get organized or anything? I'm very curious. Especially since I spent $76 at the store the other day on what, I don't know because it seems like there's NOTHING in the house.

Karen! I saw the post on fb but congrats on the house!

I'm glad all you ladies are with me on the ridiculous shower invite. Rain, I think you're right. That's part of it anyway. I think another part is somewhat cultural in that Iranians feel like they need to invite everyone they've ever known to everything and it's so obnoxious to me.

TOM is supposed to start today or tomorrow, and I want to eat EVERYTHING.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Nava: You should make black bean brownies, they kicked my chocolate craving right in the booty. The Hubbs took half the pan (the recipe makes 24 brownies, which is just too much for me to have in the house) to work and they went like hot cakes. His commander even wants the recipe since they are lower calorie and have protein and fiber and all the military guys are hung up on passing their PT tests and making their weight.

Sarah (WnT): Your debt reduction story is super inspiring. I collect coupons that Victoria sends me and I will gladly take more. I drop any that I don't use off at the commissary for other people to pick up.

Rain: I LOVE bread too. I didn't put it on my list because I try to avoid eating it too much, which involves not THINKING about it too much. What sucks even more is that the Germans make AWESOME breads....oh, the torture.

Victoria: What do you normally eat before your runs? And how long before you run do you eat?

Karen: I LOVE the pretzel M&M's but you really can't find them here. The Hubbs is seriously addicted to Peanut M&M's (which I don't really like, at all). Good luck with the appointment. Gabe wasn't looking forward to the move to Germany when we told him about it. We got him excited about it by letting him pick out his room and decorate it and write letters/emails back home to his friends and classmates. We included videos of our neighborhood and house so that he could share his new environment with his friends. He really enjoyed it. Is the move going to mean that he has to change schools or anything?

Rikki: I wish we lived near family, it would be so nice to be able to drop The Kid off with his grandparents or cousins so I can go do something fun with The Hubbs. But that would mean that we'd have to move to Idaho and I'd rather staple my hair to the carpet than move to Idaho. I also like not having the family all up in my business. We Skype with the grandparents every Sunday but, other than that, we do our own thing. I kinda like not living anywhere near family. Maybe that's indicative of what kind of family we have...

Kendal: I love grilled cheese with tomato soup. Yum-o! Serious comfort food.

Megan: Did you order new running shoes or have you just not gotten new ones yet? I hope you get some new ones so you can run.

I got my super-gorgeous J. Crew dress for the Paris trip today. It's so cute! I'll post some pics later.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nava: I have never actually seen the show. I am boycotting it. I do think it's funny though, that it is on TLC right before Hoarders.

I have been a couponer for years before it was "cool" and am a little offended by the labels that show is putting on us. I buy for my family and I stockpile what I need for us. I have an impressive stockpile and am very protective of it. I have been called a hoarder in the past, but truly, it is very neat and organized. I know EXACTLY what I have and it is easy to find for everyone. If I were to not go to the store for 12 months, we would still be able to eat 3 healthy meals/ day for all four of us. That includes my paper products (diapers, wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, etc....), my cleaning supplies (except dishwasher soap...I am a little low on that.), laundry detergent and softener, and toiletries. (I have so many razors, I could shave an entire small country. I am sure of it.)

Now, if my freezer goes out, I am going to be in a real pickle.

ETA: The important part I left out: I don't pay more than 10% for ANYTHING.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Extreme couponing fascinates me, but I never seem to be able to make it work. We sure could use a mini lesson here ! *hint hint*

We have student loan debt and one car loan. Other than that we have four credit cards for emergencies. They rarely get used. I feel like we will be paying student loans until we die. Especially since mine are currently deferred since I'm in grad school raking up more loans. Ugh. I know it will be worth it in the end though, as I will have a good paying, steady job.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning. First, Trader Joes Greek Apricot Mango yogurt is 300 calories/16fat/11protein and worth every single bite. I will be licking the thing clean. Its like a dessert. Also, I walked 2.5 miles yesterday in the 80 degree weather instead of P90x. It felt good to be outside and kept my heart rate at a nice steady pace isntead of pounding off and on like P90x does to me once in a while. Tonight I will do the dvd.

Nava - I hate that eat everything message our hooha's give us when its time for the tom. Just because we are bleeding out doesn't mean food is going to replace it you know? (sorry if thats a little too crass lol)

Katherynne and Hosanna - yummmm dippin dots. They are just so much fun to eat! At the pool we lived at in AZ on our vacation we ate them twice.

Sarahwnt - I've looked at coupons online and in the mail before and it gets overwhelming. We have huge college loans and some fairly minor credit card debt and I'd love to buckle down and get them paid off. It really is aboutg willpower isn't it? I wish I could pay someone to pay my bills for me, and just give me an allowance some times. Seriously. I would do it.

Victoria - wow thats some running/walking!! Make sure you eat some extra cals today to make up for it so your energy levels stay even.

Karen - my daughter doesn't really do all that well with change either. I am worried about her going into Kindergarten and my being gone for two weeks a week after school starts. Her granparents are coming, and they are the LOUD set of grandparents she hasn't seen in a year and they overwhelm her. So while I am SO looking forward to going and having Adult Time I am worrying about it. Probably a bit too much..but yeah. I hear you on the kid change stuff.

Rikki - its hard for us to live 3 hours away from any of our family with just one kid so I can imagine what you are feeling. However, I wouldn't move back now for the world. In fact, if I had the opportunity to pick my family up and take them to Southern California or overseas I'd do it. I view it as an opportunity of a lifetime for my daughter. My dad always taught me your home is where you make it. Also, you can always always always move back home.

Kendal - enjoy your time off! And yeah, suggest flowers or a massage instead of candy :)

Megan - good for you for not using shoes that hurt your feet. it just makes it so much worse.

Amy - we will have to find a sushi place in Paris to eat at; I can only go so long without it. I'm going today for lunch. And yeah, I guess one pound is better than nothing. When I told Jeff that I'd only lost 1 lbs from last year according to the Dr office he looked at me and goes "jesus how much muscle have you gained then? 15 lbs? There is no way you weight that much!" It made me feel SO much better. Sometimes husbands say the bestest things. I totally owe him some nookie for that.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Let's see if I can get the collage thing to work for me....
    DSCF0003-1-1.jpg
    Here's me in my girlie dresses. Please ignore my lack of make-up and complete disregard for doing my hair. I'm lazy.

Lacey: I love when husbands say the exact right thing. We must have sushi in Paris. I haven't had sushi since I was in Cambridge last summer.

Sarah: I really don't get how the couponing thing works. Could you maybe enlighten us? Cuz I just go through the coupons I have a pull out the ones I need when I go shopping but I don't save a significant amount of money on any given shopping trip.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    omg Amy those dresses are SO CUTE!!!! I particularly like that black/green one! WOWSA MAMACITA!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy - all three dresses are total gorg!! I love the purple one since it smy fav color! I need to figure out the posting pics thing so I can do the same thing.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: It's actually not too complicated. You just go to photobucket, upload your pics, click on edit and there's a button to make a collage, you pick the kind of collage u wanna do and resize it so it will fit in a MFP post and then paste the img code in your MFP post (with the IMG changed to a img). And that's it. You gotta do it so'ins we can see your pretties!!!!!

Kendal: Thanks, lady! The purple one is the most comfy as it is kind of a jersey, the blue one is the nicest fabric (it's my super-discounted J.Crew dress) and the black/green one is the "fun" one. I'm getting a little petticoat to 1) cover my booty and 2) make the skirt poofy. Yay!
  • navajoon
    Options
    Amy, the dresses are totally cute. Is the bottom of the purple eyelet or lacey? Either way, I'm a hoor for eyelets and it's adorable. I may have to try the black bean brownies. Just have to go back and find where you posted the recipe! I'm a sucker for brownies though... especially the edges that get all crunchy and overdone.

Lacey, never too crass! :laugh: I have a potty mouth that I seriously reign in on here. If you can believe it.

Sarah(wnt), I just realized I've been reading your nickname wrong this whole time and feel like a complete maroon.
  • navajoon
    Options
    Also, Sarah, the show is pretty good! Some of the people on there are a little nuts, but then there are some people that buy like $9K worth of jeans and other clothing and food items and somehow manage to get it all for free specifically for donations to food banks and shelters and stuff. Those people are seriously inspiring because they are able to take care of themselves AND so many others.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    amy! the dresses are BEAUTIFUL! My fave is the purple, but i've always been partial to that color. Good job!!!

About the shoes-no purchase yet. I'm going to Academy this weekend to get a pair. I can't stand not even being able to walk to the park close to my house because I know by the time I get there, i have to turn around and come home. Every joint, muscle, and tendon will hurt. It's definately the shoes because I just recently got a new pair of cross trainers for my step class, and they have made a 100% difference in my performance.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Megan: purple is my favorite color too!

Nava it's an eyelet dress. I got it at Delia's if you're interested (yes, I know that's a store for teeny boppers and I don't care).