200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I've got that excited "It's FRIDAY!!!!" feeling today! Woohoo! Spending the day in Pittsburgh tomorrow, going to "The Strip" which is an area with an indoor farmer's market and lots of outdoor shops selling everything from freshly baked biscotti to every piece of Steelers paraphernalia you could hope to find. I'm going to stock up on yummy food and buy myself a Terrible Towel to get ready for football season, yay! For those of you who are not into football, a "Terrible Towel" is a small towel that Steelers fans wave around like crazy people over their heads during the game (supposedly to psyche out their opponents, but I'm not sure that part actually works). For most of my life I didn't care much about football, but I got way into it last year...people around here go nuts for it, and I had such a fun time watching the games with my bf and making crazy faces and joyous whooping sounds when things go right. :smile: Last year we always ate pizza while watching the games too, so I will either have to start making pizza for us or just saving up my calories for the day to eat pizza....we'll see how it goes.

In other news, I'm up to being able to jog for 9 minutes without stopping. That's a HUGE improvement from where I started! Somehow I don't think it will seem real to me that I'm actually able to run until I pass the 10 minute mark though. That seems like a big one.

That ideeli dress is giving me new motivation to step up my game...that look of lust on the bf's face when I tried it on was AWESOME. It actually made me feel sexy for a minute! It has been FOREVER since I've felt sexy. Who knew that one new dress would be both motivation and an ego booster?!

As for my top five foods...it's hard for me to pick a top 5, but I can tell you what my #1 food is, with no hesitation. Potatoes! I love potatoes in every form; I've never met a potato I didn't like. Love love LOVE them. Must be my Irish background, ha!

Megan, yay for new shoes! It's so great when you can find shoes that actually make working out feel even better. I need to get a new pair of running shoes....I bought some "barefoot" shoes that I like a lot, but I don't like to wear them all the time because they work different muscles than other running shoes. They're great for hiking though -- they make me feel like a billy goat. :smile: Great job on resisting the doughnuts!

Rikki, congrats on the loss! A bike sounds like a great birthday gift...you can teach your son AND burn some calories! Win win!

Rain, nice work on the c25k!

Hosanna, the fact that you walked 40 minutes to your doctor is just awesome. I bet just doing that made you feel a little better!

Amy, you are a rock star! Losing weight even though you couldn't exercise as much as you were before kicks some serious butt. I know what you mean about the calorie thing when eating out too; it drives me crazy. I estimate based on what I think is in the meal, but I know I can't get it completely right. I always try to have plenty of leftover calories on a day I've eaten out. I'm going to have to look for the raspberry Bellavitano. Raspberry cheese? Delicious! And all of those dresses are super cute!!

Jenn, TOM has been wreaking havoc on me too this week. Hate it. Have fun with your CTMH gathering! I've really been enjoying seeing your work on Facebook!

Hailie, yay for rockin the doubles! Nothing like a great paycheck.

Sarah (wnt), your debt story is really inspiring! My bf and I are trying to climb out of some debt right now too. I haven't gotten the hang of the coupon thing yet, but I'm always in awe of people who can do what you do. I really need to figure that stuff out.

Lacey, a size 10 is a large? What? Also, I'm heading up to Pittsburgh this weekend which is where my nearest Trader Joe's is (that's one of the few things I miss about not living in the DC area -- being close to a TJ's), so I'll bring a cooler and grab some apricot mango greek yogurt. That sounds awesome!

Nava, I'm totally with ya on the ridiculous shower invite. Either she's just trying to get presents or she really doesn't have any other friends besides the ones she hasn't talked to in years...I'm guessing it's the first one.

Karen, congrats on the house!!

That's all for now....everyone have a great weekend!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    No pre-weekend weigh in for me, just gonna see how Monday goes....as I was BAD yesterday! We stopped at Krystal's on the way TO Nashville & McDonald's on the way home...icky for me!! And I snacked on my almond M&M's...*sigh*

***POSSIBLE TMI***

BUT, apparently, Mellie's issue is common in children going through potty training. They start trying to hold it, so the regular poo stays, and the bile that would normally mix with it..comes on out & burns. So she holds it more, but the bile comes on out, which burns & irritates her bottom & it just spirals out of control from there. So we have a paste that has made an amazing difference already overnight, and in a week or so when her bottom is not so raw, I'm to give her a mild laxative to clean her out & get it all back to normal. So simple yet so much relief for me now!

***TMI over***

OK, Amy, love the dresses! I'm gonna have to play with photobucket with some cute pics I have of Mellie! :o) She's a hoot when ya get a camera (or phone) pointed at her!

Thanks again all of you for your help on this! Now to crack the whip on me! I have a 5K I had signed up for that is in 3 weeks so I'd better get my hiney back to running or I won't finish it under the 50 minute limit! Sorry so short, but missing half a day yesterday means I have to get some work done today! I'll get back to responding & normal participation now that all of my drama is done!! :-) I hope! Our corporate challenge starts next week & I'm doing kickball & volleyball sporadically through the end of Sept & fall ball for Aaron is that whole time too, so busy me! Plus Cub Scouts starts soon! And soccer...eep! I'll make it!! :-)
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Karen: So glad Mellie will get some relief soon. What an ordeal!!

Pam: Have fun in Pittsburgh!

I have a feeling I'm going to be bad tonight. We are going to a festival that specializes in delicious yet unhealthy italian foods. Is it bad that I can't wait? I hit the gym at 5:30 this morning to earn some extra cals for the day.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Today I am struggling with wanting to do anything else in regards to attempting weight loss and working out. However I am wearing a dress today and my thighs aren't rubbing together nearly as much as they did as before I started P90X so am trying to carry that notion with my through out the day so I don't totally bomb and freak the eff out.

Sheba - one day at a time girl. Sometimes its one hour at a time on this weight loss thing and thats okay too. I'm at one hour at a time today myself.

Amy and Hosanna - not liking pretzel m&m's at all..but I love the peanut butter ones and peanut ones. YUM.

Amy - YAY on the weight loss!!! Woohoo!! I've got a manicurist license - I agree with Rain - go get a manicure, or buy some cuticle nippers at Real and nip the skin off yourself. I just gave myself a manicure last night.

Hosanna - Proud of you for walking to your doctors appt when all you want to do is hide! congrats on the weight loss this week!

Rain - I like the fact that you are repeating week 3 until you feel like your body has adapted enough to move on. I think its smart for new runners to do that.

Victoria - I used to have a water bed when I was a kid. I miss it. Hope you can fix that leak easily.

Rikki - you can exercise the amazing amount of WillPower you have and get through the evening with your friends. I know you can!

Megan - congrats on not eating donuts this week. That would be hard.

Pam - making pizza is super easy and once you start doing it you don't want to eat the stuff you buy from restaurants. YUM.

Karen - Gracie did that when she started preschool. She'd hold her poo (kid not dealing well with change) andd then nothing but runny stuff would come out and we'd have accidents five or six times a day. It was seriously maddening. Luckily her poorun didn't make her butt all blistery, just gross. Our doctor wanted her to go on that OTC white stuff you put in water or juice to soften the poo. We did it and it made her poo worse..so back to the natural stuff and better diet again. Fun times. Glad you got something going though.

As for me, weighing in at 210.6 today. Sigh. Whatever.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Lacey, there is actually bakery near us that makes this amazing pizza....they handmake the dough (we get a delicious wheat crust), and all of their ingrediants are fresh and local. My favorite pizza they make is called the Sonoma -- sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, fresh goat cheese, caramelized onions, fresh basil, and yummy mozzerella. I've made pizza at home before, but nothing even comes close to that goodness! So I'm thinking there will be times when I give in and just save my calories for pizza. :smile: The good news (calorie-wise) is that the bakery is closed on Sundays, so for most of the games we watch we wouldn't be able to get their pizza anyway...

This weekend their pizza special is a Caprese pizza with (quoting from their website) "garlicy white sauce, local heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzerella, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, and real parmigiano-reggiano cheese." It looks like I may need to save calories for pizza for tomorrow night's dinner too. :wink:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Pam: That Caprese pizza sounds freakin' awesome!

Lacey: Your thighs are getting smaller, that should be motivation to keep at it! So, keep at it!!! *cracks whip*

Rain: I seriously love Italian food. I have eaten my way through Italy 3 times in my life and it was awesome each and every time!!!

Karen: I'm glad Mellie's bum is getting sorted out!

Megan: It's so cool you got some running shoes that work for you! WTG for resisting the donuts!

Rain: I have several pairs of running shoes. These are the ones I use the most as they are my trail runners: http://www.zappos.com/product/7595407/color/218982 These are my treadmill and non-trail shoes: http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-1150-white-lilac-lightning. If you are new to running, I'd recommend having your gait analyzed by a professional at a running shoe store to make sure you get the right shoe for you.

Rikki: I am a firm believer that everyone should be made to feel special on their birthday. I don't care when your birthday is, it should be special. The Hubbs' dad's birthday is Christmas Eve and they always make sure to have a huge birthday party for him on Christmas eve (it's a birthday party, NOT a Christmas party) and I think it's awesome! You should make sure that you do something to feel special on your birthday.

Victoria: Bummer about the waterbed leak. That sucks.

Hosanna: I sent you a PM but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you. Hope you're feeling better after some sleep.

The Hubbs came home from work all excited about this international fireworks competition going on near here this weekend. I guess we're gonna go to the show on Sunday as that's the day the Americans are doing their show (and by Americans, I mean the dude who designs the fireworks for Disneyland and Disneyworld - it's the first time he's done a show outside of a Disney park). Tonight is the Greeks and Saturday is the Chinese but we can't afford to go to all 3 nights. I'm excited to see the show (and see who wins the competition) but I'm kinda worried about how much walking is gonna be involved. Stupid foot.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy - I am SO SO SO totally jealous of that fireworks fair. OMG I would totally be going to that. I love fireworks in a major way.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: The Germans have a MAJOR thing for fireworks. I've never seen a people more into lighting off explosives for no reason what-so-ever. New Year's Eve was INSANE around here and I live in a teeny-tiny little village. It would have been seriously crazy in the city. I like fireworks too, but the Germans are coo-coo bananas for them.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WI for the week: 191.2

I am pretty happy with that. I was truly hoping for something in the 180s this week, but considering I went to On The Border last night, ate chips and salsa, TWO margaritas, BBQ wings, and a brisket taco...I am a little surprised I wasn't back over 200...

Perhaps it will be gone my Monday? That would be awesome. Thanks. I"m off to have a talk with my scale.

Amy: I'm so glad it's you with the fireworks...they freak me out - big time!

Victoria: The bed issues suck. I have only slept on a waterbed once...and it sprung a leak. That was enough to cure me. Great job on the exercise this morning!! You rock.

Megan: I think resisting donuts two days in a row for hours at a time is actually a super-power....which makes you a Superhero. Congratulations on your new status. What is your superhero name? (So we know how to address you in the future, of course.) :wink:

Lacey: I'm thinking that is a loss. Am I wrong? Isn't that a loss? Right? Smile, sista. You get hotter every time you push play. Keep going. And, PB m&ms are from God. A blessing straight from heaven.

Karen: My son has the same issue with his bum. We have been dealing with it for 4 1/2 years. We have gotten to the point where we actually schedule 30 minutes a day just to sit on the toilet. Bless his heart...and Mellie's. That has GOT to be miserable.

On a different subject, I painted Twinkle's toes last night. As I was putting on the clear coat, she tells me, "Oh MY! I'm GORGEOUS!!" (She's 1...and she's awesome.) Plus, I have a date with my son tonight. He is taking me to The Old Spaghetti Factory. "I'm gonna treat you like a lady, mama. So, you better make sure you act like one!" Oh my.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Good feeling news for me today! This dress, size 14, fits me perfectly. I mean perfectly. And all the girls in the office love it on me. Granted its more professional than I generally like, in italy it will be perfecto!
    http://www.ideeli.com/events/52726/offers/1982134/details_popup?color_id=1486550

I will take dress pics this weekend and attempt to post them. And also will post before p90x and now I think too.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good feeling news for me today! This dress, size 14, fits me perfectly. I mean perfectly. And all the girls in the office love it on me. Granted its more professional than I generally like, in italy it will be perfecto!
    http://www.ideeli.com/events/52726/offers/1982134/details_popup?color_id=1486550

I will take dress pics this weekend and attempt to post them. And also will post before p90x and now I think too.

*LOVE*
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Megan - Well done YOU! Resisting the pull of donuts!!

RainSarah - I have Asics. Great cross-trainers, with extra support for arch, ankles, knees and lower back, which is awesome since i have issues in all four of those areas. I also have special inserts (kinda like orthotics but not) that provide even MORE ankle and arch support. I paid about $230 for them, but that was a few years ago and they were worth every cent!

Pam - I hear you on the potato thing! Live my spuds, in any form!! and yeah, the walking to the doc made me feel better... i kept repeating the whole way "i won't let this beat me, i won't let this beat me..." and it worked. :smile:

Karen - YAY for an answer to Melodie's hiney issues!! You must feel SO releived!! I hope the paste works!!

WiggleSarah - That is ADORABLE!!! your kids sound like such characters!

Anyway. Thank you so much everyone for the happy vibes. Feeling better today, but i'd say it's a lot to do with a long and very in-depth discussion with the Other Half, where i finally spoke my mind about things. It was intense.

I was very proud of myself yesterday though. Night shift the other night, one of the girls at work gave me a Cadbury Boost bar. They. Are. AWESOME!. and i didn't eat it. It is still in my handbag. Yesterday i was just thinking to myself "it is totally justifyable to eat the chocolate bar. I'm sad. Chocolate makes you happy. I should eat chocolate." But then i decided to walk to the doc instead, which took my mind off it.
    I also wanted nothing more than to get a great big serve of chicken and chips for dinner, and not bother about cooking, and just eat awesome salty, deepfried awesomeness. BUT on the way back from the doc i decided that i would NOT give in so easily, and took a detour past the butcher on the way home. I decided i would make my favourite at-home comfort food - Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed potato peas and gravy.
    I have to say, i am pretty sure that it was more satisfying and awesome than the other salty, deepfried option would have been.

I had an amazing sleep last night, and will try and have another couple of hours in the afternoon. One more night shift.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Ugh - it's Sat and I should be able to sleep in but no I agreed to a 4 mile run this morning... In addition to the bike ride, friends came over and we Zumbaed for 30 min - such a fun way to sweat!!! Enjoy your Sat and shake your hienies(?sp)...
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Well, i have to say that my calorie intake will be questionable for at least a period of time from this point for i don't know how long.

I am flying to my parents' house in Tasmania tomorrow morning. I am staying with a friend in adelaide tonight. Other Half dropped me here a couple of hours ago.
    It seems that our 'issue' has finally come to a head, where i can't take it anymore, and all of my concerns, worries and gripes have come out. I am now going to spend an as yet undetermined amount of time with my parents over the water while we both spend a period of time thinking about what we want, what we're willing to do for it, and, ultimately, whether it is going to be possible/smart/possible for us to marry in January/at all.

Needless to say, today has been the hardest day i think i've ever had. i've only seen my beautiful man's face stained with tears once before, and never like this. I can't imagine a life without him, and we are determined to get through this, but it will require a great deal of work, understanding and commitment on both of our parts when i get back, but i'm determined, and i like to think that he is too.
    He's the most important part of my life. I can't imagine losing him. Unfortunately there was a good part that came of today's anguish... seeing the pain, the hurting behind his eyes as we cried in each others' arms while i packed to go away, i knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he loves me incredibly - he looked as though losing me would be the most dreadful thing that could happen.

sorry, i'm babbling - but really just trying to justify the fact that my calorie intake over the next few days may be iffy... although it's good that i'm going to my parents' house - my mum is on here, and i know her dog loves walks as much as my pups do, so i know i'll be eating at least mainly healthy food and getting my exercise in.

It scares me so much going away... i don't know when i'm coming back, I'm thinking next saturday, but who knows. I hate the idea that Isaac may decide that he can't manage it... that it'll be over... But i don't think it will be the case. We had a shower before leaving home for Adelaide (I promise this shouldn't be too much of a TMI!) and it was all little kisses and cuddles and "i love you"s... As he said "this doesn't seem like the scene of a couple breaking up!"

We'll get there. I know we will. We've come so far, and the fact that we've had the strength to do this NOW, before the wedding, tells me that we'll be fine. I know we will,.
    Please keep us in your happy thoughts!
    Thanks for listening ladies!
    xx
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Now that the run is done, it was worth getting up for. We added Fartlek training - 2 min of sprinting as fast as we could x 4 reps... My lungs were burning. I felt like I was in my first week of C25K again. It was awesome!!! I'm so happy to have a running partner who is up for anything. We had 3 dogs with us and a neighbors joined us for the last 1/2 mile. Running with 4 is dangerous but funny. At least they were all off leash.

Karen - so glad to hear there's hope for Melody's hinie...

Hosanna - glad you're feeling better. The chicken sounds good.

Kendal - hope you're having fun!!!

Lacey - pictures please. Congrats on the 14 fitting!!!

Amy - how's the foot? Keep icing it by rolling it on frozen water bottle or frozen golf ball.

Sarah (Rain) - I run in Brooks Adreniline GTS. They are built up to give support to my flat feet. My trail shoes are also a Brooks model.

Sarah (wnt) - your kids are cute!!!

Megan - how was the golfing?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    ((((((((big hug & prayers))))))) to you Hosana. It's better to get things out in the open before you get married. You each need to do what's best for you. When you get through it, the relationship will be stronger.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: I love fartlek training. Way to go on your run! My foot is doing better. I even managed to go grocery shopping with the fam today without crutches or anything. I am still icing it daily to help it heal.

Hosanna: I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through. I agree with Victoria that it's better to get this whole thing straightened out before the wedding.

Lacey: I love that dress, I'm glad it fits!

Sarah (WnT): Your kids are so cute!!!

I made homemade vegetable broth this morning and it was awesome! I took all the semi-pathetic looking veggies in my fridge and turned them into broth. It's tasty and way lower in sodium than the boxed stuff I usually buy, not to mention cheaper AND I didn't throw away all the veggies that I normally toss out come grocery day. I don't know why it's taken me so long to figure this out.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! After a night of good sleep i am feeling better this morning. i will either take a walk or do p90x today to keep moving. And i will also charge my bmf and start weariing it again. when i get back from europe i will start weariing it on my arm.

im typing on my new ipad keyboard thingy and its a bit hard since its the width of the ipad so excuse me for not capitalizing anything. now if i could just get my dang mouse to work, but i cant get it to sync.

on another note,its only 8:25 here and i am already sick of watching espn lol.

hosanna issues like youve hinted at can cause major issues down the road, so while it hurts so much to deal with them right now, this time can help you both decide if being together is the right thing for you. earlier this year both me and the hubs attended counceling for a few months separately and it really helped us out. i hope that you and isaac can work everything out girlie! we are here for ya.

amy I've done that with my veggies, i wish i would remember to make broth more often instead of throwing them out.

victoria you make running sound like so much fun. i really want to try it now that my feet seem to be on the mend.

not much on the docket for me today which is nice. jeff has a bbq/baby shower to go to at a park for his friend. id like to just stay home but not sure if i can get away with it or not. i need to figure out what im making this week for dinners so i don't spend a whole lot on groceries since i am short on the cashish until september.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Lacey: My mother is the cause of so much of my stress/emotional problems.

Hosanna: I never meant for it to be a loaded question, I hope everything works out for you and your S.O. :smile:

Amy: My mother has mental issues (not joking, like seriously medically diagnosed). We usually get along unless something gets blown out of proportion. Do you like moving around so much? I LOVED YOUR DRESSES! Hahahahaha, you're so tan! :wink:

Victoria: Awwww, good thing you like your mother! :flowerforyou:

Karen: Do you use picnik or photobucket for your photos?

Sorry for not a whole lot of replies but I am in my "shell" once again BECAUSE........

On Thursday I worked a double (11:00-8:30). It was so hot and I tend to eat A LOT (but healthy and smart). Wednesday night my mother and I got in a huge fight (I don't even know what started it) and she was still p i s s e d the next morning. She always makes my lunch/dinner for work (ok, that sounded like a brat but she always offers). Thursday morning she left to go driving and was still p i s s e d. I couldn't find "legit" food.....so I grabbed some chocolate chip cookies, ritz crackers, apples, mini egg rolls, etc. So, no "real" food (i.e. sandwiches, chicken alfredo, etc.). My mom didn't go grocery shopping so we were out of food. Sorry for the rambling but now for the stuff that irritates me! It was super hot and I ate all my snacky foods during break (and it was only 2 o'clock) so I decided to call my grandma and ask if she would go get me subway/make me a sandwich and bring it from home. I explained I lost my wallet and didn't have money and needed food because my blood sugar was really low. My friend was working outdoor desk and I explained to my grandma just give it to her and since I had to go back into rotation. Well, she texted me (while I was still in rotation--couldn't come and get it--DUH!) to come up to the parking lot and get my sandwich. Long story short I got my sandwich and survived working. Well, I got home and we had to "have a talk". Apparently I eat "too much" food and it was MY fault that I didn't have enough food BUT my grandma could of SAID NO! Also, my study habits need to "change" because I had a 2.87 gpa and that sucks. I go to school two hours early (for good parking) then go to the college library to study. Urgh, I hate when they pick on me. I have ALWAYS had above a 3.0 but spring semester my english prof gave me a 37.5% on my final 11 page paper (80% of my final grade). Long story short: I asked questions along the way to make sure I was going in the right direction, in the end she was contractible and it came back to bite me in the a s s. Sooooo, my low gpa wasn't my fault--it was her's because she pretty much lied to me that I was doing the right thing.

Ok, sorry for the b i t c h i n g.
  • qofsheba
    qofsheba Posts: 72
    Options
    Weigh in: 197.5 EXACTLY the same as last week. I'm bummed because I was under calories every day but one, and then only over by 100. And I increased exercise. I feel better and "thinner" than that amount of weight loss. Friday was a blow off day with a sandwich carry-in lunch and then dinner I made for 12. BUT.... I made some good decisions..
    Still--new day, new beginning, maybe some loss this week.

I so admire all of you who are taking this journey.

So: I logged what i REALLY ate and drank yesterday, and it was 2600 calories. And I weighed myself after breakfast/lunch this morning.... My weight is the same... meaning I was probably set to drop a pound yesterday. However I feel like I did what I wanted yesterday and am back on track today.