200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! Wow, this thread just keeps on going and going. I love it! I've been waaay too tired in the evenings the past few days to catch up but I managed to read through today and y'all are in my thoughts :).

Weigh-in for this week is 204.8 which is fine by me since the easiest way to up my calories was to increase my carbs, so I'm probably retaining water like crazy. Since I'm going to be maintaining for a bit my new goal (instead of Onederland) is to stay between 203 - 206 lbs until the end of the challenge.

I went interviewed a family doctor yesterday and was pretty happy with her so the hubby and I finally have a family physician here in Edmonton, which is really nice. She was really happy with my weight loss so far and is excited to help me continue with it when I'm ready to--she's a family doctor with obesity management as her area of interest.

Anyway, stuff that is going on is still going on so this maintenance thing is going to last for a while and while I'm not comfortable talking about it on the thread feel free to PM me if you want more info :).
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! Wow, this thread just keeps on going and going. I love it! I've been waaay too tired in the evenings the past few days to catch up but I managed to read through today and y'all are in my thoughts :).

Weigh-in for this week is 204.8 which is fine by me since the easiest way to up my calories was to increase my carbs, so I'm probably retaining water like crazy. Since I'm going to be maintaining for a bit my new goal (instead of Onederland) is to stay between 203 - 206 lbs until the end of the challenge.

I went interviewed a family doctor yesterday and was pretty happy with her so the hubby and I finally have a family physician here in Edmonton, which is really nice. She was really happy with my weight loss so far and is excited to help me continue with it when I'm ready to--she's a family doctor with obesity management as her area of interest.

Anyway, stuff that is going on is still going on so this maintenance thing is going to last for a while and while I'm not comfortable talking about it on the thread feel free to PM me if you want more info :).

Sara, sometimes there are just things that we need to work out on our own...you are in our thoughts!

Check-in for this week before I forget as things have been hectic with the girls leaving and all. Still trying to wrap my head around it at times:

Weight: 323.2 (almost 2 pounds beyond my original goal)
    Sodium: Did well with keeping under 5 days this past week. Goal was for 3, but I have to push for everyday in order to make sure to get 3...sodium is so hard to control!
    Workouts: My goal is every other day, but I have consistently been there at least 5 days a week. My plan for going straight from work is helping a lot, except for when they keep us there until some God-awful hours.

I really do hope everyone had a good and productive week! I will try and catch up her in the next couple of days.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Official weigh-in for this week is 250.7 pounds! Whooooo hoooooo! It's down for the past two weeks...usually I wait until the end of the weekend to weigh-in but my bff, TOM, decided to show up about 2 minutes ago so I'll stick with this morning's weigh-in.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! I forgot to check in Friday so here's my numbers for Friday: 2540 calories burned/ 1686 calories eaten/ 854 deficit. And here's Saturday's numbers: 2274 calories burned/ 1433 calories eaten/ 841 calorie deficit.

Hailie: Great weigh in! I'm sorry about the drama with your mom. Yes, I like moving around. I don't actually like the process of packing and unpacking my crap but I like seeing new places and having new experiences. The longest I've lived anywhere as an adult has been 5 years.

Bobbie: Sodium is so hard to control! Great job doing just that this past week!!

Sarah: You'll be awesome at maintaining your weight for a little while. It's great that you found a family doctor that you like, that's really important.

sheba: I'm sure that if you give your body a couple of days to adjust back to normal, your scale will show a loss.

Lacey: I'm glad you were feeling better after getting sleep. Why haven't you been wearing your BMF? I don't wear mine when I go on vacation (just cuz it tends to stick out in pictures- I know...vain) but I pretty much wear it the rest of the time.

We went out last night to see the Chinese fireworks display. It was pretty cool. We're going tonight to see what the Americans from Disney are going to do and then school starts for The Kid tomorrow (boo!where did the summer go????). I have a pic for you ladies:
    DSCF0001-6.jpg
    This here is MY big old calves FITTING into a pair of black boots. Yay!

Oh, and I officially weigh LESS than The Hubbs (he weighs 0.2 pounds more than me - but it TOTALLY counts!) :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Amy - WAY TO GO!!! .2lb TOTALLY counts! And LOOK at you being all cute-legged in those boots!! :happy: so proud of you!

Thanks everyone for your happy thoughts. i'm with mum and dad now, and everything is looking lovely and positive.
    I've spoken to my man twice today, he had a lovely evening with his mates, and he's got the pups for company at home.

I sent him an email today outlining exactly what i want him to talk to his doc about. He's a very analytical man, and has said before that the best way to get him to think about something is to send it in writing.
    So i have.

Hopefully that'll help, and we'll be able to work through this.

When we first started the conversation that led to me deciding to come to my parents' house, it seemed as though we were considering ending it. Now we both realise this isn't the end, it's just the best way to a strong beginning.
    Some time apart to evaluate and think about what we both want out of life and our relationship is exactly what we need.
    He's suggested (jokingly, i assume!) that we should do this more often!
    (Spend time apart that is... not have gigantic arguments that end in us considering calling off the wedding...)

And that just seems so silly now.
    There's nothing in the world that could possibly make me change my mind about marrying this man.

He's my best friend, the love of my life, and the man i want fathering my children. I can't imagine a future without him in it, and that's pretty much it.
    Sex isn't everything in a relationship. Granted it's important, but if we can learn to comprimise and meet each other halfway, then that's awesome.
    What it means is that we think we have an awesome relationship because we DO have an awesome relationship... not because all our problems are hidden by a roaring lovelife.
    We have the stable, solid foundations of a great marriage, and this really is just a small hurdle that we'll learn to get over together.
    Because we can.
    And it's totally worth it!!

/endrant.

Haha this is pretty much just cementing everything my mum and i talked about today. Thanks for putting up with it! :happy:

I feel good about this.

I do miss my man though...

(Oh, and i think i ate my bodyweight in roast pork for dinner... it was so GOOD, and lovely not to have to cook! I'll be taking mum's dog for W-A-L-K-I-E-S tomorrow to try and burn it off... Oh, and M&Ms... there were some M&Ms... And krispy Kreme... Ok so it wasn't a great food day... BUT I FEEL GOOD! hmm...)
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hosanna: You are sounding so much more positive than when last we heard from you and I think that's AWESOME!!!! It sounds like you and Isaac are working with each other to create a more harmonious and strong relationship. It's so cool that you are communicating with each other and feeling "heard". I gotta tell you that the hardest part about my first year of marriage to The Hubbs was figuring out how to communicate. (It sounds weird, but communicating in a way that both parties are actually heard doesn't necessarily just happen) OMG, I haven't had Krispy Kreme since I visited London last year - I'm both happy and sad that there are no Krispy Kreme's anywhere near me.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning my lovelies!!! Weigh in for me up 2 pounds to 194. Sighs. I think it's water weight since I'm sore as all get out but that's what the scale said. Sighs again. Mr. Scale and I are on the outs... I see a breakup in the near future. I spent all day yesterday doing yardwork and the hosta bed is almost done!!! Enjoy your Sunday!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone! I'm alive lol. It was a long long night last night. It was hot in our house. We have ac but never put it in the window because we rarely need it. Our house is positioned so that its mostly in the shade all the time but not last night.we are putting the ac in today. And Vinny was bark king at something all night long so ugh. Yeah long night. My body was achy too. Oh well today is a new day.

We are supposed to go to hike up Pisqua today. Up hill up and down on the way back.

Amy those boots are super cute!

Victoria - yeay for thehosta bed being almost done,boo for the scale.

Hosanna -keep up the open communication and things will work out.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Good morning gals! It is not even noon and I'm having quite the day! Last night I started to feel sick, sore throat, the works. Woke up with a sore throat. Woke up miserable and drug myself to the dreaded scale. It read 240.3 which irritated the hell out of me because I know I've been super good this week. I went off and sulked for a bit then decided that that number simply couldn't be right. So I went back upstairs, readjusted the scale, made sure it was level and re-weighed, 7 times. No joke, I wanted to be sure, because this time it read 237. I've checked and rechecked and I'm still getting 237. So I think something was up with the scale the first time. Anywho...

Official weigh in this week. 237. That is more like it!

Now I'm enjoying a delish breakfast, I showered and am back in my jammies. I'm having egg beaters, a bagel thin with nutella and a sliced banana. This is the first time I've ever had Nutella. Uh-maze-ing.

Haillie: I think thats crap that you are getting hell for eating too much. Obviously, you are on the right track if you've lost 20 pounds. I think you are doing great!

Amy: Loooove those boots. I'm so jealous of you weighing less than hubbs. That is probably my biggest goal! I know my ultimate goal weight should be what is most important, but I've always wanted to weigh less than my husband. He's been laid up from surgery and gained 5 lbs. Now he is up to 220...I'm only 17 pounds away. He told me he'd pack on the pounds if I wanted him to lol.

Hosanna: Glad you've achieved some clarity and are on the mend! Keep the good news coming!

Victoria: It may be water weight. I struggle with that as well. Also, my scale and I had a huge argument this morning as well, but alas, I think I won this one.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    My father is stupid too. Sorry for my venting recently.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hailie: It sux about the parental drama. My mom and my relationship improved a lot after I moved out. My father and my relationship never did. We don't speak. Parents can suck.

rain: I'm glad the scale decided to re-think your weight and give you a better number.

Lacey: I feel you on the hot weather! It was freakin' 90 degrees here today!! Now, I know that sounds not so bad but it rarely ever gets that hot here and AC does not exist in Germany (or most of Europe, for that matter). Sleeping has been a PIA the last few days despite stripping down to nothing and having all the windows open and the fan on. I'm ready for autumn to begin!

Victoria: I don't think that's a "real" 2 pound gain for you.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Okay....here is me in May, first day of P90X:
    Picture174-1.jpg

And here is me today:
    P90XJune24006-1.jpg
    P90XJune24008-1.jpg
    P90XJune24007-1.jpg

I can see some changes..
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Dresses:
    P90XJune24013-1.jpg
    P90XJune24009.jpg Imagine this one with a black bra and some leggings...sorry, I didnt feel like changing everything underneath.
    P90XJune24016.jpg
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    My father is stupid too. Sorry for my venting recently.

Hallie: It has been my observation that parents become stupid about the same time we hit high school and they remain that way until we have children of our own...lol

Lacey: That little red-ish dress is super cute and looks great on you!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    just got back from the beach. lots of washing and straightening up and showering myself and the pup but can only half way unpack because Mr. Reunion and I are going to the mountains next weekend! (Saturday thru Wednesday actually) WOOHOO

oh, and I totally pulled something in my back while packing up the stuff this morning. I think I was stretching it while driving though cause it doesn't hurt so bad right now.

it will take me forever to catch up with all you ladies!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: I hope you had a great time at the beach!

Lacey: I really like the cream colored dress. Don't you hate having your hubby take pics of you like that? I always feel like a dork and I don't know what to do with my hands (which is why I stick them behind my back and make my arm flab look even worse- someday, I'll figure out how to stand in a picture and not look awkward.) As for your before/after pics - I think your hips have shrunk quite a bit. Keep at it lady!!!!

Bobbie: I thought that it was just the teen years that make kids (and parents nuts) but I am finding that my 8 year old now thinks I am dumber than a box of rocks on most subjects - I can't wait to see how dumb he thinks I am when he's 16!

We went and saw the American fireworks show tonight. It was WAY better than the Chinese show last night. Lots and lots of fireworks and lots and lots of colors. It was super-cool.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well sadly just like many others, my TOM showed up on Thursday. Granted this is great because it shows that things are getting regulated but I also got the influx of water retention I am guessing. I worked my booty off to try and hit 30 lbs lost this week but apparently that wasn't in the charts.

I was up 1.2 this week to 310.1. Next week TOM will be gone and hopefully with continual good eating I can get rid of what I gained plus some. I'm hoping for 3 lbs this week! That will have me right at 30 lbs lost and still ahead of my goal to lose 25 by the time school starts (we start tomorrow).

Lacey- Love the new clothes!
    Hailie- Hope things are better at home.
    Kendal- Hope your back feels better!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome idea Amy!!! My house smells great and the fridge is "cleaned"... I can't believe I never thought to make vege soup before.

Lacey - I heart the red and cream dresses!!! You look awesome!!!

The hosts garden is done and we are eyeing up the yard for the next project.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Kendal: Hope you had fun!

Lacey: I definitely see change. Keep up the good work! And you look phenomenal in the dresses. They are all gorgeous, but you look absolutely stunning in that red one!

Amy: my nearly 3-year old already thinks he's smarter than me!

I was bad and had pizza for lunch today. It was delicious though. I have homemade beef stew in the crockpot and just made some apple turnovers. My house smells wonderful.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I forgot to add- dont you just lOve my kid posing in the one pic? She's acually wearing the black under dress that goes under the red one. Shes pretending to be a rockstar. Hehehe.

Didn't end up hiking. After last nights la k of sleep we couldn't get the energy up tp do anything so we've sat around all day. I however am going tp take off around 8 and do the 3.22 miles again. Might try the running a bit again but don't want to overdo it bi did freeze a water bottle and used it last night on my feet and theynfeel ok'd today.