200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt, a banana and 1/2 serving natural peanut butter 285 cals and a delicious high protein breakfast.

This sounds SOOO good!

I tried to add some chocolate syrup over the weekend but it didnt hit the spot. Today I added 7 gr pure honey for 20 more cals and was drooling. It is really good and like having a banana split for breakfast.

Honey in greek yogurt is the bomb. Agave is good too, but not as good as honey.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I'm going to have to look for agave. What is it? I'll google it when I get home.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Some sort of natural sweetener..Its from a plant..I think the same one that makes tequila? Not sure. ANyways, Trader Joes has an organic raw blue agave and its SO good ( no its not blue lol) in yogurt. They make a maple agave blend that is also the bomb in yogurt.
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hoorah. I have finally got to the end of the posts. Am cetainly not going to be able to respond to everybody but here goes:

Rikki: loved that you shared your poem. Getting things down on paper often helps to work things out. Keep smiling. Each day is new and is open to no end of possibilities.

Karen: pleased to hear you now have an answer to the sore hiney - long may it work. AND a new house, life is looking good!!!

Katheryne: what is 'poke'?

Lacey: caffiene is a horrible thing. It can cetainly aggrevate headaches and mood. I finally went to the GP after palpitations got so bad I was scared. ECG: showed no concerns so he suggested it may be caffiene induced. gave it up and have had no difficulties since. Interseting, I am unable to eat chocolate either as it has a drastiacally negative effect on my mood (to the point of 'woe betide anyone witin reaching distance!!!!!). Hope your medical appointemtns go okay. Oh, and what is Allegra D?

Hoseanna: sorry that things have been difficult but good on you for spending time talking and sorting them through. Enjoy your break now you have your head settled and return refreshed to your man and pups - just make sure you both stick to what you have agreed. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Sarah; I am so impressed with your debt free situation from such a staggering amout to start off with. I too, have never been able to work out couponing but am hoping to look at your blog - do I just type in the address you have given.

Amy: your dresses are gorgeous and where, oh where, did you get those boots - they are fab. Am totally with you on the why do they not understand why? My hubby has a very full time job; is on call the rest of the time (can book off a certain number of hours each week only); has to go away for training to keep on top of his job then volunteers for other things, books off to do things by/for himself and often raises an eyebrow when I query things???? What is it all about?????? Men is all I can say!!!!!! Oh, and please don't wish Autumn yet - I am still waiting for a nice chunk of summer to happen pleeeease......

Kendal: you are so not allowed to give up. You have lost 48lbs and you will keep going - because you want to. Am with you on starting afresh being a pain - am thinking I should get back to some exercise following chest issues but keep putting it off because of that 'starting over' feeling. You can do it girl.

qofsheba: think i must have missed your name in my absence - please share again - love your year commitment and am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

All of you: someone mentioned cauliflower pizza crusts (my other no no is gluten (Amy - gp ordered!!!!)) and am always looking for new ideas (recipe if possible please) and do the black bean brownies still contain chocolate?

As for me - hoping to be back more regularly now (couldn't wait until September - miss you all too much!) as I think all of our time away has finished. Meal wit hin laws yesterday was lovely. Ten of us squeezed around two dining tables in my dining room (cosy) but house and food respectable!!!! Am concerned about my dog - got him back from kennel yesterday - he is always slim but now his bones are definitely visible, he has been retching quite a bit and is just not himself. He usually goes to friends when we away and has a lovely time - Hubby says we need to give him time to settle down but I don't know - am worried??

That's all I can manage as time is geeting on.

xx
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Annette - I'd call your vet and tell them your dogs symptoms and see what they say about it. Its one thing for a dog to throw up once or twice but continued and a noticeable weight loss is not a good sign.

As for me...went out to lunch, ordered greek salad and bleu cheese fries. The salad was so unbelievably lack luster and blah. Such a disappointment for a place that I've ordered the same salad from before on multiple occasions. Fries were good.

I'm hungry already though which is interesting. Definitely have not eaten enough today I guess.

I had planned on doing P90X stuff tonight but the walking has been so enjoyable that I just want to go on another one instead. Its just so much simpler and my mind likes being out and about that way right now. Its stress reducing. I'm worried that I won't slim down any further though before my trip if I don't do P90x. Ga! Choices choices.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    http://hybridadventureseries.com/event/

I REALLY REALLY want to do this! Running/walking tonight I am!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Katie - Welcome back! Sorry to hear that people are being a pain! YAY another person calling them Cheese Toasties!

Victoria - Thanks :smile:

Pam - How about protein shakes? My dad uses one that is ferociously high in calories (500+ per serve). That may be handy to have around just to bump up your calories for the day in a good way.

Kendal - YAY for a good day!

Amy - I've been interested in the UFC trainer game thing... we watch UFC all the time, and they're always plugging it. How does it work? do they have fighters coaching or something? They should. I'd be in there like a shot if Junior Dos Santos were my coach... :bigsmile:

RainSarah - That's great to hear there are drugs being developed for PKU. lets hope they become easier to get hold of!

Well, my luck has run out as far as the beautiful weather in sunny tasmania this trip. It is now raining, which is super-annoying, because i got up early to take mum's dog for a walk. Maybe i'll just wander up and down the hill outside with her for a while... if it stops pouring. The main issue is that the normal walk that we take with the dog gets turned into swampy marsh as soon as it rains! Pleh.

So heading to Hobart with mum for a couple of days this evening. Mum will have to work, but i'm looking forward to just wandering around on my own for a bit. There's patchy rain expected tomorrow, and cloudy on friday, but at least it's not forecasting it to be pelting down!

Mum has said that she wants me to go out and treat myself while i'm in Hobart. Since she and dad have paid for all my flights to get here and home (even though i was planning to!) mum has said that she wants me to go out and spend what i would have spent on an airfare on clothes and massages and stuff. She wants me to find stuff that makes me feel good, and feel good about myself. The big thing is that if I can't get the positive feedback i need from the Other Half, i just need to make even MORE certain that i feel good about myself.

I love my mum.

Also, just got off the phone with the man, he's at a pathology clinic to get just about every blood test under the sun done to see if our Issue is physiological. I'm so proud of him, and it means so much to me that he's getting this done :ohwell:

Have a good day everyone!
  • Kwick2010
    Kwick2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! I had no idea what a "flip" was or that our topic had been "flipped"!

Thank you for the help in finding my way back on here!

So that cold I had last week... it's now bronchitis. I'm currently on antibiotics and steroids to treat it. Steroids = Weight Gain! This week I ended up gaining back most of what I lost the prior week.

Current Weight: 231

Challenge Starting Weight: 232.4
    1st Week Weight: 231.6
    2nd Week Weight: 229.8

Here's hoping everyone is well and on the weight-loss road to success!

- Kristi
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be good. I didn't exercise today but I'm still under on cals (but of course I'm over on sodium). But I'm still hungry. I think it's a mental hunger and not a physical hunger. I've been going to the fridge and getting 2-3 grapes at a time, but I still want to eat more. Like I said though, it's more of a mental hunger than a physical one....
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday: 2671 calories burned/ 1643 calories consumed/ 1028 calorie deficit.

Kendal: Good for you recognizing that your brain wants the food even though your tummy isn't really hungry and acting accordingly!

Kristi: Being sick in summer sucks. Get better soon!

Hosanna: The UFC game is a training program. You can choose to do one of their 30 or 60 day training programs or you can just choose a workout based on what you want to do that day (core, flexibility, strength, etc). You can "hit the mitts" with some UFC guys, which is pretty cool. Here's a review of the XBox version of the game that I have that I think is pretty spot-on: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1180274p1.html I hope you enjoy your day of pampering yourself. The more I hear about you mom, the more I like her - you mom is awesome!!!

Lacey: I'd give my right arm to be able to do the adventure games (although, I would imagine that giving up an arm would make the whole thing considerably harder). You should totally do it!!!! It will be awesome. (And, I will be jealous) I hate when you go to a restaurant and end up getting disappointed. You spend the money and the calories (cuz restaurant food is more calorie dense than regular food) and when it falls flat, that just sucks. No me gusta.

Annette: I got the boots at Zappos.com. Please have your dog checked out at a vet, he sounds ill.

Victoria & Lacey: agave comes from the same plant that gives us tequila (yay!). And it is a great sweetener that doesn't have so much of a glycemic impact on your blood sugar as regular sugar does. (It still has calories though)

It rained this morning and washed away a lot of the heat. It's supposed to be about ten degrees cooler today (it's still gonna be about 87 though -boo) than yesterday. I really, really miss the United States and central air conditioning when the weather gets like this. I also hate that no one in Germany puts screen on windows (WTF is the deal with that?!?!?) so when you open the window to let the breeze in you are also letting in the mosquitoes and whatever else wants to fly in.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey all! Got another early morning workout it and my mom went with me yesterday afternoon and this morning. She's intimidated by the gym, but she is doing great, I'm so proud of her. Yesterday she had set a goal for herself to do 1/2 mile. She did .65. When she told my 13 year old sister she said "Psh, why bother, Mom." What a horrible thing to say. I told my mom everyone has to start somewhere. Today she did .8 mile. I think she's off to a wonderful start.

Yesterday was a c25k day for me, so today was a rest day. I did 1.25 miles on the treadmill and logged an almost 10 minute mile on the elliptical. I'm so close on that darn elliptical. I want to do a mile in under 10 so badly. Oh well, I'm getting there!

Enjoying breaky right now before I have to shower and go to work. Yuck.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Amy - my mum is the greatest :smile: And that UFC training thing sounds pretty cool - maybe we should get an xBox...

So we're in Hobart now. trying to work out how i'm going to spend my coupld of days here. I think i'll probably walk around town tomorrow, shopping... might get my hair done... :happy: sounds like a goo day to me.
    There's a very interesting museum nearby, and there is bicycle hire available to get there... thinking i might consider doing that on Friday - its meant to rain tomorrow, so i won't be able to do it then. I love the iea of bike-riding... i just get very scared of cars. I might just catch the ferry there.
    Regardless, it feels really weird trying to decide on things to do by myself while mum's working. I feel like such a loner going to museums and tours and stuff alone, and i always feel socially awkward in situations where i don't know anyone. le sigh.
    I'll figure something out!!

Oh, and i've gone WAYYYYY over my calories for today. Had dinner in the restraunt at the hotel - cauliflower and bacon soup with awesome bread, chicken and cheese wih chips... the chicken was disappointing. But the rest was pretty good!!
    Lots of walking tomorrow should fix everything!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Goodmorning my lovelies!!! I managed 85 min on the trails yesterday. It was hot (for here) at 80 so I walked more than ran. Only 2 more weeks of hill training before the race. I'm getting ready for my morning bike ride but it looks like rain.
  • rainvc
    Options
    Hosanna; Enjoy the time alone. Sometimes, I love being totally alone to do whatever I want. Its quite refreshing, just remember, its not permanent. Just a little break from the world!

Victoria: I can't wait to hear about your race! You really are such an inspiration!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    The sodium weight from this weekend finally dropped off but I'm still up from my last weigh in weight. Might have something to do with it being pre-TOM or it could be that I honestly over ate this weekend and put on a legit 1.5 pounds.

Halloween is less than 3 months away, and yall know that's a big holiday for me. I've been Alice in Wonderland the past two years so I'm in the mood for something new. Right now, I'm leaning towards a referee. I like this one on ebay. It's on sale for $49 (that's including shipping) and comes with the hoodie, football purse, and capris and skirt so you can choose which one to wear. I like that option. Plus the fact the purse comes with it. The problem is it's labels as a 1/2X and sometimes that means 14/16 and other times that means 18/20. I sent them a question asking for the dimensions.
    74702_9158.jpg

Halloween is on a Monday night, so I'm not sure if we will be going out to a bar on that night or sometime on the previous weekend. Another thing is that Mr. Reunion will have his girls on Halloween weekend. I'm not sure what that means for us, but I would LOVE to go trick or treating with them.....if I'm invited along.

Anyways, that's all that's on my mind right now.

ETA: I could put Lexi in a football jersey!!!! Or a cheerleader costume!!!! BAAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Halloween is less than 3 months away, and yall know that's a big holiday for me. I've been Alice in Wonderland the past two years so I'm in the mood for something new. Right now, I'm leaning towards a referee.

Anyways, that's all that's on my mind right now.

ETA: I could put Lexi in a football jersey!!!! Or a cheerleader costume!!!! BAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Halloween!!!!!!!! One of my favorite holidays! I made the mistake last year of running out of goodies for my trick-or-treaters. I ended up giving out my stash of popcorn. You'd be so shocked about how much those kids were pumped to get popcorn!

Now you have me thinking of my costume....what to be, what to be.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    my bad....Halloween is 2 months away!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amy/Lacey: feeling better about the dog - cooked him some rice today - which he ate and kept down and he was waggind the tail and looking more interested - really pleased that hubby looks to have been right but don't you just hate it when they always are????

Hosanna: enjoy the peace and being able to do what you want, when you want to - it is a luxery that we don not have access to very often in life. I'm another who thinks your mum sounds grand xx

Kendal: pleased that your medical bill went down - hope they have sorted your foot now which will make it more worthwhile.

Vicotria: can't quite beleive your race has come round so soon - you are awesome in your commitment to training (and yard work!!).

Just been to cinema (with MacDonalds starter); tonight going to a fab fish restaurant - my hopesof remaining same as last wiegh in on 1st September are rapidly slipping away....

On a more positive note - have ordered a new DVD player - I will do the Shred!!!!!

xx
  • rainvc
    Options
    Love the referre costume! That is super cute!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Annette: I'm glad your dog is doing better.

Megan & Lacey: I LOVE Halloween too. It way bums me out that Germans don't "do" Halloween :frown: . I guess I can take The Kid trick-or-treating on the military base this year, last year we just hung out and watched scary movies. I miss Halloween.

Lacey: I like the referee costume.

Victoria: Great exercising lady!

Rain: Great workout!

I am SO sick of today. The Kid has been super-pissy today. I don't know what's wrong with him but every-little-thing has been setting him off today and I just want to banish him to his room until he's old enough to move out. Grr.