200+ Haulin' Off The Weight

Options

Replies

• Wishfulmama
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am new here & I am looking for support & help. I would love to join this group if you will have me. I am over 200 lbs & wanting to lose lots :smile:
  • sgc2005
    sgc2005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I thought I'd try to catch up while everyone is still sleeping in my house.

My weigh in for this week is 207!

Nava - I've always wanted to try 5 hour energy, I actually have one that I carry around but have yet to try. Guess I need to time my "crash" with the end of the work day?!?!?

I need to try and sneak in some exercise before my house wakes up - still doing Cto5k - I repeated week 2 last week b/c week 3 was a little intimidating for me, but week 3 is going ok. I'd rather do this slow and actually run at the end then give up.

Hope everyone has a good day and week! Enjoy your weekend!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies!!!

Note to self - don't schedule 4 mile run at 8:15 when company arrives at 10:30 pm. I was up until 2. Gotta get out this door. On a positive note, friends came over last night at 7 and we did 45 min low impact aerobics and 10 min ab work followed by a soak in the hot tub last night. At least I got my ex in!!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amy: SMACK SMACK and STOP IT!!!!! Make a plan of the things you CAN reasonably ask of your foot over the next month.

Hallie: Glad you been lurking. I too would be in the 'pathetic' group - as I consider these ladies friends with whom to share and care

Sheba: You joined in August - it is still August and you have lost 5lbs. At that rate you will be at your goal in just 12 months - not very long at all - one has already gone - only 11 to go!!!!

Rain: congrats on cracking the running - it only gets better from here on in.

Sarah: your compassion is lovely - your littlies and the monsters are lucky to have you.

The Dog has definitely perked up. Still not well but livelier. Kristina - how is Emma?

It's like the iceage in here today - Hubby and daughter have fallen out. Know how to deal with Hubby but the beginning to feel lost with the pre-teenager and the huge changes in her behaviour and challenges arising within our relationships........Can we skip this bit??

Oh, welcome to the newbies - tell us about yourselves and just join in

xx

ps how do I get the smiley faces to work?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Now that the run is done (and I'm flying high on endorphins), I know why I scheduled it so early - so I'd get up and do it.

To the person who wanted to know how to respond by smart phone... I keep a window open in Safari to the MFP site. It's hard to respond to everyone since when you hit reply, you can only see a few posts but I can read posts and submit ones like this:)

Sarah(wnt) - you are amazing with your patience and those boys. I think people should have to pass a parenting test before having children. How was the long run? Be careful not to overdo do it. Did I read you ran 4 the day before and 4 the morning of the 9 mile try? I love running but still try to do it every other day to give my body time to heal/rest. Have you thought about any cross training?

Annette - when you hit reply, look to the upper right of the reply box and it will say "add smiley"... Click on it then click on the smiley you want to add. :flowerforyou:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday: 2687 calories burned/ 2133 calories consumed/ 554 calorie deficit. I went a bit overboard yesterday with both exercise and eating/drinking but still managed to log a deficit. I was super-proud of myself today. We were out and about and Gabe wanted some gelato and The Hubbs wanted a crepe so we indulged them. I didn't order anything and I took 2 bites of The Hubbs crepe and that was all I needed (there was way too much strawberry jam-like stuff in it which made it way too sweet for me). We then went grocery shopping and I was really hungry on the way home (at it was nearly 1pm and I had only had a shake for breakfast and 2 bites of the Hubbs' crepe) but I did not stop to pick up something to eat. I remembered that I had a can of almonds in my car for such occasions so I had a handful of almonds and then came home and had a reasonable lunch. Yay, me!

Welcome to the new ladies!!! :flowerforyou:

Annette: The temp has dropped here too. The other day it was nearly 100 degrees F and today it's down to 61. Crazy weather. Sometimes the smiley faces don't work for me either - I don't know what the deal is with them. I'm glad your dog is doing better.

Victoria: WTG for getting your exercise in even with visitors!!!

sgc: Hiya! Slow & steady is totally cool with C25K, keep at it!!!

Sarah: I have decided that you are a saint. Wow. I don't think I could keep myself from beating a child who is in the process of destroying my stuff. Enjoy Seattle! I had a cat that ate Christmas lights. She was freaking nuts, she'd just chomp down on them and EAT the freaking glass like it was candy or something. We had to ban Christmas lights until we re-homed the cat. Congrats on entering the 180's- I hope to be right behind you.

Bobbie: I remember Jolt Cola, that stuff tasted HORRIBLE!!!!

Karen: Your kids are adorable!!!!!!!

Lacey: I would make a 2 week menu plan if I were you (although it's hard for me to plan meals out that far in advance cuz I make my meal plans to go along with the weather - like, I don't wanna eat soup when it's 100 degrees outside). Man, I wish I could buy groceries every 2 weeks instead of every week. I HATE grocery shopping (but I LOVE cooking - weird, I know). But my teeny-tiny German fridge/freezer does not allow for anything but shopping weekly. Oh and my Hubbs has gotten a bit weird about the upcoming trip too. Which is weird as hell because I INVITED him and the Kid to come if they so desired (HE is the one who opted to skip Paris and meet us in Bruges). He hasn't gotten pouty or anything but he's justified randomly weird purchases with the comment: "Well, YOU get to go to Paris so I figured I can buy a .....(whatever thing he just bought)". I find the whole thing weird. I never tell him not to buy stuff (hell, HE is the one who makes the money around here these days) but...whatevs, guys are weird. There is a Sandman movie coming out???? Why did I not know this??? I will have to hit the Google for the deets. I LOVED the Sandman series. (or did my quote come from a different Gaiman book and I'm just retarded)

Katheryne: I hope you get un-zombified soon. I've had those stupid gnats in plants before - they are horribly annoying.

Kerry: HIYA!!!!:flowerforyou: Don't work too hard. BTW - you AMAZE me, seriously.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My weekly weigh in told me this morning that I am down to 306.1! That means I have now lost 31 lbs and I am so freaking happy! I have been pushing for that 30 lb mark for a few weeks now and I finally attained it!

I am so sorry that I have been lax on keeping up. This was the first week back with kids and I have been worn out each and every night. NO ENERGY at all! I need to start taking some B12 to keep me going.

Hope all is well and everyone is hitting their goals. I do check in daily and skim when I can and keep up with those who are friends here on MFP.

Love ya!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Congrats Jenn!!! You're a Super Loser... In a good way;)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Its a cool Saturday morning with G and I in the house. Jeff and the parents left at 4am to get to the train up to Seattle. I am already gads happier this morning. Maybe I just needed some "alone" time away from him. I've got the whole house opened up to get some fresh air in and its just nice and quiet in the neighborhood. There is a breeze blowing...Gracie is content to play and watch Spongebob.
    Today on the docket is to make a list of groceries on a very limited budget for the week, go grocery shopping and keep Gracie happy and busy. Maybe watch a Netflix movie this afternoon when it gets hot out.

I am looking forward to my physical dr's appt on the 9th...I've been makign a list of things I want tested and to talk about.

Jenn - congrats on your weight loss thus far, you are a Super Loser which is the bestest thing ever!!

Amy - yeah its weird how the hubs are acting. I thought that quote comes from the American Gods book. The guy says it to the lead character when he is getting ready to go up the hill and kick some Godly *kitten*. If I remember right?

Victoria - keep it up with the running.

Annette - I have no suggestions for you on the pre-teen stuff. My kid is only just turning 5. Some days she acts like a teenager and we sit back in awe and dread the day a bit lol.

OKay I've got to get moving. Want to take a shower and head into town before it gets too hot to do anything.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    ACK! Three and a half pages!! Let's see if i can do this!

Lacey - No, i haven't heard of those. they sound great - is there a site you could link me to? I'll get to the pics of the clothes some time when i'm back home!

RainSarah - Way to go with the running!! So proud of you!

Hailie - If it's pathetic that we count as your friends, i'll join you in the "pathetic" category. I have my family, my Other Half, you guys and one other friend... seriously, this is an awesome place to make friends!

Karen - ADORABLE pics!

Annette - :frown: i hope dog gets better!!

Everyone is looking AMAZING!! Well done ladies! The photos and the S.O stories are all so cute! I'll try and convince mum to take some photos for me this afternoon in my new clothes!!

Well, i head home to my man and my pups tomorrow. I'm so excited. This trip has been a great way to clear my head and think about things. And having mum and dad to talk to about it all made it easier as well.
    This man is the man i want to grow old with, build houses with, make babies with, adopt kids with... And that's all there is to it really. We'll find a way through all our issues - we've managed so far.
    Now i just want to get home to him so we can start looking at how we're going to get through this all!

I'll post something more interesting later, it's just taken me so long to read all the posts and now mum wants to talk wedding stuff. YAY!

Oh, and i'll be weighing on Tuesday on my own scales... I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "pass" week... :S
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    My stupid scale dropped me back down to 213.8 this morning.

Updating from iPod so not able to respond but I'm lurking. Campsite is great and I've been cuddling with mr reunion the past two hours looking up at the stars. I'm freezing cold now though lol
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Okie doke... lets see if i can also master the art of the Photobucket collage!!

P8294714-2.jpg

P8294731-1.jpg
    The dog is mum's... and Mum and I on the end! She would like me to tell you that the cuts on her face are from when a dog called Sargeant Pepper was a little bit too happy to see her and headbutted her...

Thought i'd throw in a photo of me at this time last year (my heaviest) because everyone else is...

P8294726-2.jpg

I was in PNG in the first one... it was sweltering and humid... i had a coconut and a machete... why not?? :tongue:

A few things about these dresses:
    1) The black one - SIZE 14!!! NSV to the Max!!
    2) Not sure whether to wear the patchy one or the black one home tomorrow to see the man. I'm thinking the patchy one, because it's funkier, and more of a statement.

I also bought the shoes and the leggings, and i've got a new hair-do. Making a feature of cute-as hair clips from here on.

So there we go!
    I bought a few other tops and things, but it was WAY to cold here to take photos of them all!

Addit:
    Wow it took a while to get them the right (ish) size!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday: 2878 calories burned/ 1534 calories consumed/ 1344 deficit.

Hosanna: I love your new clothes!!! They are so cute and colorful (I love colorful clothes). I also think your hair with the clips is sooooo adorable! I tried for a cute pixie cut once, it didn't work out (at all) but it looks great on you (and I might be a wee bit jealous).

Kendal: Yay for cuddling under the stars!!!!!

Lacey: I hope you had a relaxing day. I thought the quote was from the Sandman comics but it could be from American Gods - either way, it's from Neil Gaiman and I love it. Side note: They are talking about making The Sandman comics into a TV series, American Gods, The Graveyard Book and Death: The High Cost of Living into movies. I :heart: Neil Gaiman.

Jenn: Congrats on being a Super Loser!!!

I made these Blackberry Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast today: http://peasandthankyou.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6000244&prev_term=breakfast They. Were. AWESOME. I don't have vegan butter and cream cheese so I just used the regular stuff I have and then I added some chopped walnuts to the filling and a roll still came in under 400 calories!!! The blackberries turned the filling into a cinnamony, fruity lava that had The Hubbs licking his plate. Seriously awesome. It almost made up for the sleep deprivation I suffered by getting up in the middle of the night to watch the UFC fights last night (I love Anderson Silva, he rocks).
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Quick! My weigh-in this week is 248.7 pounds! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Now back to homework and working....boo.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I would still like to be in bed. However my one dog with his click clacking nails woke both me and my daughter up qt 6:45. He can't just ever be quiet in the morning. Sigh. Oh well. Kindof wished I didn't stay up till nearly midnight to read this new book lol.

I soaked black beans overnight and have put them in a crockpot with carrot two kinds of bellpepper and onions with broth. We eat almost two cans of them a week so I figured i should really start making my own so I can control the salt. Today I'm going to make another batch of chicken enchilada soup, press some tofu and grill it, and then also make some Parm polenta cakes so I can "fry" them and top with a chicken sausage bolognese sauce later this week.

Also made one of those boxed Simply Salads cold pasta salads yesterday but instead of mayo I used Greek Plain yogurt and added corn and peas. Still processed stuff but yummy.

Hosanna I'm so totally jealous Of those colorful clothes. I wish I could find sometime bright like that. I always tend towards black beige army green, those kind of blah colors that go with everything. In fact when I went to old navy last time I looked down at the pile of tshirts they were all those blah colors so I put them all back and made myself get colors. Lol

Amy yum on the cin rolls! I have a great recipe and have used pumpkin puree in the dough and filling. Omg yum! It was one of the first recipes I got from foodgawker.

Kendal Yeay For staring at stars with mr reunion!!

Hailie woohoo on the loss!
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    I haven't read to catch up, but wanted to pop on with my weigh in for the week 236.8. I'm sooooooo beyond mad I could cry bi ate well all week and went to the gym every single day and I only lost .2 lb. Ugh. I feel like this will never pan out. I'm going to be fat forever.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've missed you! I've been a bit of a scatterbrain this week which is why I haven't been by. Anyway, weighing in at 204.4 today which makes me happy. I'll catch up on the thread later :).
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I survived Seattle - mostly. It was a grueling day and I am hurting - a lot - but I will make it.

Highlights: I was able to eat at McDonald's, The Cheesecake Factory AND The Salmon House and stay under my cals for the day while eating pretty darn well! I am a little in awe of it. Plus, there was fudge. A lot of fudge - and I didn't eat any!!

Victoria:Yes, I did 17 miles in 24 hours. It was actually really good. I had the energy for it, and I fueled before and ate after - good choices. I don't feel like I've overdone it. I was able to run at a steady pace for about 7.25 of it. I walked 10 sidewalk squares and then was able to run 1 mile, walk 10 squares, and finish running. I'm not going to lie, my feet were screamin' at me, but my heart felt like a rock star. Plus, since it was dark when I was done, I think fear played a big role as a motivator to get me home!

Rain: Any loss is a success. I know you feel like you have earned a bigger loss this week, and I totally agree with you, but I am absolutely positively sure that you will see a bigger loss next week if you continue like this. Keep at it, girl. You are doing the right things, you will see results. I promise.

Sarah (thes): AWESOME WI, girl. I saw a girl that looks JUST like you yesterday crossing the street in Bellevue. I stopped her and asked: "is your name Sarah?" She snarled at me, so it wasn't you.

Lacey: What time is dinner? I'll be popping by for some of that soup...or you could just give me the recipe?? yes?

Hosanna: You. Are. Freakin'. Adorable. Your clothes are cute, but YOU make the outfit.

Amy: Curse you for the Blackberry Cinnamon Roll recipe!! CURSE YOU!!!! (I can't wait to try it.) You are my new food guru. I hope you are up for the task. I catered my way through college and am a very good cook and very creative in the kitchen. But!! I am also OCD and since I am losing weight, I want things that are easy to log and I am certain of their calorie content, so it's been boring food only for us lately. Hubby is getting a little bent out of shape. Well, he's already out of shape since he's gained 65 lb in the six years we've been married. But anyway, the cinnamon rolls will go a long way to getting his 'tude in a better place, for sure.

Kendal: I am so jealous at the star staring. My man and I used to do that. It's been way too long. Enjoy it for as long as you can! Before you know it, you'll be an old married woman with kids who thinks the most romantic thing your husband can do for you is let you take a shower and nap...by yourself :) (No really, I'd be in heaven.)

In other good news, Twinkle decided that she is all done with diapers. She has been using the potty for three days with only one (half) accident. She started to poo and freaked out. We ran to the bathroom and she made it. So, we bought her big girl panties and she has been wearing those except for nap and bedtime. ROCK ON!! It took F O R E V E R to train Wiggle, but she just -- did it. weird. Trained before 2? I'LL TAKE IT!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Here's the link for the Chicken Enchilada Soup:
    http://sotastysoyummy.blogspot.com/2011/08/crockpot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html
    I don't get how she gets the color to be dark red by adding that much milk. I barely put any in and it got all creamy..it doesnt' really need any. I think you could make it with tofu and it would be good too. Or with no protien but beans.

Here's the link to the Parmesan Polenta Cake recipe:
    http://www.laurenslatest.com/parmesan-polenta-cakes-with-mushroom-sausage-hash/
    I'm doing something a little different with the sauce, but it looks tasty. And different. I need different in food this week.

All I can smell is bellpepper from the crockpot. I sincerely hope that my beans don't taste like bellpepper. I like to add them in for a bit a of flavor but when it overtakes everything, its just nasty...I am sure it will be fine.

Its only 8:45. Sigh.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    In reading back through all my posts over the last week I am SO negative. Sorry about that ladies. My goals this week are as follows:
    1. To write not one negative little thing. Negativity breeds negativity.
    2. Work out five days this week. Doesn't matter what, but a minimum of 1/2 hour at a time.
    3. Log my food. All of it.