Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't think I will ever have a "0" day. My drink is small . . . 1/2 shot of bombay saphire gin in 12 oz diet tonic with 1/2 lime squeezed in every night. And basically I need it after working 14 hour days (1/2 hr lunch) with an additional 2.25 hours driving time (1 hr there, 1 hr back and 15 min between jobs) Monday - Friday! Actually, Friday is my double gin night, which accounts for a combined total of one whole shot (1/2 in each drink).
    yikes, that is a rough schedule. You do that 5 days per week? I agree you need a little reward and it sounds like you keep it more than reasonable!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so tuesday was a fail. vodka and crystal light appletini.

nice cold white wine tonight. I worked a 10 hour day and it's really hot and muggy. Okay, I realize that for most of you it isn't hot (its about 75 degrees) but for me its HOT!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    First time in Vegas? That is cool. Where are you staying? Where do you live? good luck with the flying, it's a pretty safe way to travel, as I am sure you have been told:wink:

Yep first time. We are staying in the MGM Grand and we live in Manchester CT. I've flown plenty of times but for some reason since we've had our fur babies, I've had a problem flying. I know I'll be okay this Saturday because the hurricane is moving further and further away so the fur babies will be okay but also it should be smooth flying the whole way to Vegas.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 drinks, bottle of wine...I didn't even last a day
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair...pretty sure I will lose count there, 8 to 10'ish
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 5 drinks
    Goal: <12 to 15

OK, sticking to the PLAN, thus far...0 drinks for Wednesday...I was so tempted last night to crack some wine and decided that since the state fair starts today...I better be "good". Working the weekend is a good thing some times.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I love the pool at the MGM!
  • Mbrownie84
    Mbrownie84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After no drinks on Monday or Tuesday, my coworker and I accidentally found ourselves at "Dirty Bingo" last night and polished off 4 pints then back to her place for some mojitos...my head is NOT a happy camper this morning....maybe Sober September will start a week early....uuuuugggghhhh

**dies**
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I definitely plan on putting it to some good use as it's supposed to be over 100 all week. There's just nothing quite like drinking by the pool :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I definitely plan on putting it to some good use as it's supposed to be over 100 all week. There's just nothing quite like drinking by the pool :drinker:
    I was at MGM for my friend's bachelorette in July. It was fun! I don't know why people like Wet Republic-the "Ultra Pool". I have been twice and the regular pool with it's lazy river, is so much cooler. At Wet Republic there is no where to sit unless you pay for "reserved seating".
    I did like the Mexican place on the way to the pool, they have good margs and happy hour 4-5:30 Mon-Thurs if you are there then.
    Have fun!

Oh, and last night I worked out and had a glass of sangria that was left over. But I stopped at one!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Vegas in the summer I just don't get. I lived thru that heat for 10 years and never never again. have fun though.

I wish I could stop at just one or workout for that matter. good job amy.

Kim way to go stickin to the plan.

new fridge gets delivered tonight. Not sure it will fit thru the door. could be a problem. I guess we will see.
  • CSelf1
    CSelf1 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thread and I am in love! Hello all!! I am in the same, exact boat! I love me some margaritas and bud light/bud light lime. There is this Mexican restaurant about 5 minutes from us that serve the BEST margaritas EVER and I find myself needing to go there at least once per weekend (especially right now, they have them for $2.99 EVERYDAY from 11-7). I was laid off in Feb. and have been home with the kiddos all summer so by the time Friday gets here I am always ready to break free, lol! Not that I can't have a good time without alcohol, but I think it definitely makes things more enjoyable ;-). I am sure I could make it through the weekend without drinking but just because I choose not to doesn't make me an alcoholic, right?!?! Hmm...wonder if I can find a happy hour buddy for tomorrow?? I'll be sure to check back in and keep yall posted :drinker: :tongue: :drinker:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Very convenient that champagne and wine are on my "frequent" list..................just sayin...................
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Many, many, many wines to be had this eve oh yehhhhh. A break from Kim's comp = living it up tonight! :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I feel especially lushy this week......
    Monday-12oz of wine
    Tuesday-18oz of wine
    Wednesday- 1 1/2 smurfettes and 10oz of wine
    Thursday- 1/2 smurfette, 11oz of beer and 10oz of wine
    Friday-I have already accounted for 1 smurfette and 20oz of wine....although I'm sure it will be more....dinner at the in-laws :drinker:
    Saturday and sunday-beers for sure...gotta do something while the hurricane comes through :wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    One beer last night...my attempt at not drinking this week? EPIC FAIL.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 drinks, bottle of wine...I didn't even last a day
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair...13, maybe, I think
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 18 drinks
    Goal: <12 to 15

Well, sticking to the plan for the state fair was not hard because I planned a free-for-all. I've already exceeded my goal for the week. Now, I have to be "good".

Someone mentioned Sober September. Interesting thought. Not sure I could make it a whole month with Warrior Dash Sept. 17th and my birthday the 30th.

Faith, did awesome on the comp....lost nearly 23 lbs and came in 2nd place...she was also eliminated and managed to "win" her way back....AWESOME job

I'm starting another contest on Sept 7th if anyone is interested....PM me...it's really a fun contest guaranteed to keep you ACCOUNTABLE
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thread and I am in love! Hello all!! I am in the same, exact boat! I love me some margaritas and bud light/bud light lime. There is this Mexican restaurant about 5 minutes from us that serve the BEST margaritas EVER and I find myself needing to go there at least once per weekend (especially right now, they have them for $2.99 EVERYDAY from 11-7). I was laid off in Feb. and have been home with the kiddos all summer so by the time Friday gets here I am always ready to break free, lol! Not that I can't have a good time without alcohol, but I think it definitely makes things more enjoyable ;-). I am sure I could make it through the weekend without drinking but just because I choose not to doesn't make me an alcoholic, right?!?! Hmm...wonder if I can find a happy hour buddy for tomorrow?? I'll be sure to check back in and keep yall posted :drinker: :tongue: :drinker:

Mmm margaritas I LOVE THEM...
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was also very lushy this week ... til I didn't even count....sigh

This weekend will probably be the same, I'm up for a no drink in Sept challange!
  • kristyklein8
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My weekends are always a dieting disaster because I LUV to drink! Drinking empty calories usually leads to eating empty calories and ends up sabotaging my efforts during the workweek...oh well, that isn't something I need to tell you guys :wink:

No matter my best efforts I always lose count on how many beverages I have consumed. Anyone got any counting advice so I can log my bad habits more accurately?
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I'm such a nerd, I have the MFP app on my phone and if I'm drinking, I try and log it there.
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushious Lushies! I really do like this group! I hopped back on the wagon yesterday, well, I had one glass of wine...ONE! Ok that was huge for me. I am off to a good start, but have a couple of hard days ahead of me.
    Namely a huge party that I am working on Saturday for a good friend as his coodinator/host. That means I know all the guests, and it feels like my party because I have to make sure the staff is doing their jobs, and that there is TP in the bathroom...you know. Anyhow, I usually end up having drinks at these jobs. And thennnnnn it's champagne Sunday! A tradition that my husband and I started when the kids were little, we "close the bedroom door" and totally ignore them and drink a bottle of bubbles. It's fun, and one of the only times we really catch up...among other things.
    Anyhow. I am gonna be good today, and see how strong I can be on Saturday!