Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm such a nerd, I have the MFP app on my phone and if I'm drinking, I try and log it there.

I do the same...except after a certain point I stop logging haha!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    And thennnnnn it's champagne Sunday! A tradition that my husband and I started when the kids were little, we "close the bedroom door" and totally ignore them and drink a bottle of bubbles. It's fun, and one of the only times we really catch up...among other things.

OH MY GOD, that is so freaking cute, LOVE :heart: that is sooooo sweet!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had more sangria last night, then I had stressful call so I drank a beer too.
    Wedding weekend for a friend so sure to be drinking plenty!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hubs and his brother got the leaky plumbing patched, so for now, I have hot water. Work party is on!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    As usual it won't be a hurricane once it reaches us, just another tropical storm which we seem to have every year. Supposed to be okay tomorrow so our flight is still on time and hasn't been cancelled. Could have some strong winds and rain Sunday but hopefully everything will be okay. Pups will be with my mom but kitties are staying home and being checked on by their other grandma, hope they don't get too scared if it's bad on Sunday. Pups are fine during thunderstorms so I know they'll be fine. Still a bit worried to leave them with all the reports of people being evacuated in NY but with the hurricane being downgraded to a tropical storm for our part of the state, it puts my mind at ease a bit. I'm just panicky about the flight, I hate flying and if it looks bad when we have to take off I'll have a damn panic attack :noway: I will definitely be having a couple drinks before take off :drinker: and then hopefully keeping a good enough buzz to be okay on the plane by having a drink on the plane :tongue:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    One of my favorite things about summer is all the great fresh fruits....................great pureed for some awesome mimosas!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    DH and I always do Champagne Sundays. I love it, however, I may have to try for a sober Septemeber thing. (well after Labor Day weekend.)
    So the new fridge is in the living room and the diswasher is still in the garage. I will get them in and hooked up this weekend. it is still sunny and warm. That is so strange for us. It is going to be a great weekend. :happy:
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    And thennnnnn it's champagne Sunday! A tradition that my husband and I started when the kids were little, we "close the bedroom door" and totally ignore them and drink a bottle of bubbles. It's fun, and one of the only times we really catch up...among other things.

OH MY GOD, that is so freaking cute, LOVE :heart: that is sooooo sweet!!!!

We have champagne at my parents on Sundays at brunch but yours sounds much more fun than mine!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Beers = 4
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    DH and I always do Champagne Sundays. I love it, however, I may have to try for a sober Septemeber thing. (well after Labor Day weekend.)

I thought about that! I still can't decide if I will have a sip on Sunday or not!
  • saffronblue
    Options
    Two days - no wine! Pretty good!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 drinks, bottle of wine...I didn't even last a day
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair...13, maybe, I think
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 18 drinks
    Goal: <12 to 15

I worked a double last night and drinking on the job isn't acceptable behavior....success for Friday :drinker: having a plan is working :tongue:
  • saffronblue
    Options
    I worked a double last night and drinking on the job isn't acceptable behavior....success for Friday :drinker: having a plan is working :tongue:
    [/quote]
  • saffronblue
    Options
    Good! Plans are good!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :drinker: It's a switch to tequila the last couple of days, and the next couple. 4 drinks a night......that's better than 8-9 light beers! I feel less bloated too. I have been logging food again and confirmed that I have slipped on the nutritional veggies and fruits. I'm within my calories most times but I need to get more salad, veggies going again. Low in calories which is nice since a portion of calories are dedicated to booze!

I can't help but think a job would lessen the during the week drinking. <Sigh> It'll happen when it's suppose to, so they say. :explode:

Cheers!
  • vrmckeown
    Options
    wow! I can relate. Wine is my biggest problem when trying to drop the pounds!
  • vacagal
    vacagal Posts: 5
    Options
    I have 400 calories left for today and I still have a housewarming party to go to. What do I use my calories on? Food? or Wine???
  • vacagal
    vacagal Posts: 5
    Options
    Drunk logging.....Could be interesting :):laugh:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Fri - 1.5 bottles of wine
    Sat - 0
    Sun - 1 bottle of wine

Oh man.....:frown:
  • alimoll
    alimoll Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drink a Chardy (or two....) every night! It's is my relaxer....I know it's empty calories....but I work had excercising to allow my chardy habit......Thanks for this thread!