Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    So, I am on the phone with lushy sister who opens a bottle of wine and then I decide to have a glass. But, then, it turns into the whole bottle.

Monday, 5 drinks, bottle of wine...I didn't even last a day
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair...pretty sure I will lose count there
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

THERE!!! I have a plan

Robin, hang in there...I'm having a rough time of it right now :ohwell:

Kasi, the toe sounds seriously painful...:flowerforyou:

SHOUTOUT to all my other peeps!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Seriously lushy saturday. Went to a brewery taproom and had a flight of their delicious 8 beers. Then had a pint. Then went to lunch, which involved 2 more beers. Then stopped home had another beer, than walked to the bar......5 shots and 3-4beers (maybe), then stopped at wawa on the way home at some ungodly hour and got a delicious chicken salad hoagie and sunchips, HA, amazingly the scale was still nice to me yesterday :happy:

Stopped at Wawa???? Like Wawa, Ontario?

Ha wawa is a convenience store in our area...they have a great deli and fresh snacks. I love it....and the fact that it is walking distance to my house is awesome :happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Kasi, we need to get you some asbestos socks or something!!

I'm weak. :embarassed:

Sunday=5
    Monday=2 (red bull and vodka and a "bloody brain"...peach schnapps, St. Brendans, and grenadine)

So, I'm making a plan, a la Kim...

Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=0
    Friday=2 (we have a staff party)
    Saturday=all bets are off. :drinker:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5 minutes, 5 minutes.....I gave it my all. (Exercise)

I agree, looks like a lushy weekend for many! Well, me too. I'm back to journaling my food. I'm at a stand still, but I know why. No mystery here! Looks like today I can have 6 lite beers if I keep to my food plan. I'll bite the bullet and do it. AND not say yes to another one after the 6th one is gone. (Keep repeating.)

Have a good week all! :drinker:

Pam
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    we made some seriously good fajitas last night so of course that meant "one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!"

You make me laugh! Can't touch tequila though................yea, it was a BAD one!!!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Sounds like this group might be the support/non-judgment I need! Anything special have to happen to join??

What YOU said!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I know soooo many people that have an aversion to tequila, everyones got a story :laugh:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I know soooo many people that have an aversion to tequila, everyones got a story :laugh:

Let's just say they were singing the Jose Cuervo song to me the next day...........he was NOT a friend of mine!!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I was up at 6am this morning on my day off because I have no hangover! Yay for me! :laugh:

Kasi, that sounds really painful.

Oh dear Kim, enjoy the freedom before the next comp. :grumble:
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I'll say that I had 3 martini's last night at home over the course of about 4 hours -and probably should have just had two.
    Although I'm down .8 oz today perhaps from dehydration?
  • amycruce
    Options
    I love this!!! It wasn't until I started logging my food that I realized HOW MANY calories a day came from alcohol...I blame my friends ;) Grilling out? Beer. Mexican? Margaritas and beer. Dales Steakhouse? Bottle of red wine. But I've also realized if I'm going to drink (rephrase that to "when I drink...") I can earn those calories through workouts. This will work...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Had wine both Monday and last night. I'd like to say I'm preparing for Vegas :drinker: but really it's to take my mind off of flying :ohwell: . Although I just found out my cousin has to be on a plane for 18 hours the day after Kyle and I leave :noway: . Definitely makes 5 hours and 45 minutes not so bad and thank god for bars in airports. I'll be sure to get just tipsy enough so the flight isn't bad but not so tipsy that I'm not allowed on the plane haha. I should probably pack and I still need to do some house work so we can come home to a nice clean house. Have to clean out the fridge so I'm sure there will be wine tonight :tongue:

Since we won't be in the middle of the ocean or out of the states for this vacation, I'll probably stay in better contact with the inter webz but we'll see. I might get too caught up in all the lights and sites in Vegas :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    D@MN IT!! So much for my plan. Came home to a busted hot water heater pipe--the damage wasn't too bad, but we had to sponge bathe this morning and we'll be showering at the neighbors until this weekend. So, I had a delightful vodka/redbull/light cran/flavored seltzer with dinner and a Coors Light (don't judge...it was cold!) with my Xanax before bed. *sigh*
    We are, however, re-plumbing the house this weekend, so no party for me on Friday.

Sunday=5
    Monday=2
    Tuesday=2
  • kblue2007
    Options
    BOOOO Amy that sucks super bad! I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: Ours went a couple months ago, fortunately it didn't burst, it just stopped working. It took over a week before we had it replaced....I was one very unhappy camper....plus side, I was forced to go to the gym if I wanted to shower...so it all worked out :laugh:
    Good luck with getting it all taken care of!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've got the back to work blues so the midweek drinking is creeping back in, only a glass of wine tuesday night and a beer so far tonight but who can tell! It's my birthday tomorrow and I hate birthdays (so no congratulations please!) so yet another reason to feel fed up, plus I have a meeting with my boss about the future (or rather lack of future) for my job. I do believe the (temporary) answer to my troubles is lurking in the bottom of a bottle of wine and I intend to seek it out fairly soon :happy: :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Kat, have a great time in Vegas! I love Vegas!
    Amy, that sucks about your plumbing (almost typed plumping by mistake;)
    yvonne, at least you look better than last year, so ha:drinker:

I didn't drink on Sunday but Monday I had a glass of white wine while watching Intervention. Then last night I made a sangria with lots of fresh fruit. It's funny, because I got this delivery-door-to-door organix and all this fruit and thought, what am I going to do with all this fruit? Make sangria! I don't know what to do with a mango-soak it in booze!
    I entered it into the recipe calculator and it wasn't too bad...
    But in addition to the sangria I had two beers last night at a picnic.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kat, have a great time in Vegas! I love Vegas!
    Amy, that sucks about your plumbing (almost typed plumping by mistake;)
    yvonne, at least you look better than last year, so ha:drinker:

I didn't drink on Sunday but Monday I had a glass of white wine while watching Intervention. Then last night I made a sangria with lots of fresh fruit. It's funny, because I got this delivery-door-to-door organix and all this fruit and thought, what am I going to do with all this fruit? Make sangria! I don't know what to do with a mango-soak it in booze!
    I entered it into the recipe calculator and it wasn't too bad...
    But in addition to the sangria I had two beers last night at a picnic.

Thanks! First time and pretty excited. I'm not a fan of flying but we don't take off until 4 so I've got time to get some drinks in. Last time I got a good buzz before flying, I was fine the whole flight. Yay for alcohol in airports and on planes! hahaa
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    So, I am on the phone with lushy sister who opens a bottle of wine and then I decide to have a glass. But, then, it turns into the whole bottle.

Monday, 5 drinks, bottle of wine...I didn't even last a day
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair...pretty sure I will lose count there
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

OK, sticking to the PLAN, thus far...0 drinks for Tuesday
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't think I will ever have a "0" day. My drink is small . . . 1/2 shot of bombay saphire gin in 12 oz diet tonic with 1/2 lime squeezed in every night. And basically I need it after working 14 hour days (1/2 hr lunch) with an additional 2.25 hours driving time (1 hr there, 1 hr back and 15 min between jobs) Monday - Friday! Actually, Friday is my double gin night, which accounts for a combined total of one whole shot (1/2 in each drink).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    First time in Vegas? That is cool. Where are you staying? Where do you live? good luck with the flying, it's a pretty safe way to travel, as I am sure you have been told:wink: